Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I bit on the Amazon deal as well.  I know it was due to drop and it might even be in the $250 range by Black Friday, but $299 including the camera is a pretty sweet price.  And I already have a Pro which helps.  Got in on it quick as soon as I saw the CAG post.    

i got in on the deal when i posted it here, it's for my son's xmas. never to early to shop for xmas. LOL ;)

does it really help to have the ps4 pro with the psvr? 

Considering the $300 bundle, but how necessary are the Move controllers?  Can I use two Dualshock 4s as a ghetto replacement for most games?

Considering the $300 bundle, but how necessary are the Move controllers? Can I use two Dualshock 4s as a ghetto replacement for most games?
No, you'll need Move controllers for the games that require them, but not everything requires them. I'd still recommend them for the games that offer it since they're the best way for immersing yourself into the games that use them well.

Man, that Amazon deal is really stellar, especially with the included games and the fact that I could sell the camera since I already have one, but DANG IT, I have been saving up BBY gift cards for a couple years hoping for them to have a great deal like this on PSVR (I currently have $233 in gift cards at BBY)!  

And here I thought Amazon was NEVER the price leader anymore, just a price matcher!!!

What is everyone's guess as to what PSVR will be going for on Black Friday?  I didn't have much hope for a steep discount, but if Amazon is having this good of a deal on a random Thursday in August, maybe there will be some great deals for it around the holidays?

i got in on the deal when i posted it here, it's for my son's xmas. never to early to shop for xmas. LOL ;)

I don't have a pro and still love the PSVR. I haven't tried VR on a pro, so I don't know what I am missing, but it is certainly not necessary to have a pro

I don't have a pro and still love the PSVR. I haven't tried VR on a pro, so I don't know what I am missing, but it is certainly not necessary to have a pro

Man, that Amazon deal is really stellar, especially with the included games and the fact that I could sell the camera since I already have one, but DANG IT, I have been saving up BBY gift cards for a couple years hoping for them to have a great deal like this on PSVR (I currently have $233 in gift cards at BBY)!

And here I thought Amazon was NEVER the price leader anymore, just a price matcher!!!

What is everyone's guess as to what PSVR will be going for on Black Friday? I didn't have much hope for a steep discount, but if Amazon is having this good of a deal on a random Thursday in August, maybe there will be some great deals for it around the holidays?
I was expecting it to be highly discounted on black friday since it didn't seem to be selling well, or even discontinued soon. But recently there has been a surge of interest in deals like this, so who knows if sony sees that and responds. I guess it depends on how much stock moves from these recent sales.

I was expecting it to be highly discounted on black friday since it didn't seem to be selling well, or even discontinued soon. But recently there has been a surge of interest in deals like this, so who knows if sony sees that and responds. I guess it depends on how much stock moves from these recent sales.
It never seemed to not be selling well. It took far to long for Sony to start making enough of these to meet demand, and even now all the Gamestops in my area are sold out. Pretty sure this has been selling well, or at least steadily, since it launched.

I'm torn... I just KNOW that if I order this Amazon deal, BBY will have a deal on BF for only the headset (I also already have Move controllers) for like $200, but if I DON'T order this Amazon deal, they'll only offer something like a $400 mega bundle containing some games I don't want and the Move controllers and camera I already own!

It never seemed to not be selling well. It took far to long for Sony to start making enough of these to meet demand, and even now all the Gamestops in my area are sold out. Pretty sure this has been selling well, or at least steadily, since it launched.
Hmm, maybe I'm wrong then, but I have seen the same boxes of these sitting in my walmart and target display cases for weeks. And they are not the empty place holder boxes. Frys keeps putting them on sale for $50 off every week as well and seems to have stock in every store. Multiple VR games on clearance or cheap prices too.

Someone posted this link on slickdeals:

http://a.co/iYFQHEz

Keep in mind that these were probably manufactured a long time ago. Who knows if the battery can still hold a charge.

Sorry if there's a referral in the url. It's not mine and I don't know how to remove it.
I have ps3 controllers that still hold good charge. I'd imagine those are similar. Not like those jokes of batteries in xbox play and charge kits.

Also, for those asking, PS4 Pro offers a decent upgrade in performance for VR, in the same way for standard PS4 games. I haven’t tried VR, so I can’t speak to how drastic the difference is, but it can improve frame rates, which I suspect can make very noticeable differences in VR experiences. Obviously tho, it’s not a requirement for a solid VR experience - just in the same way a Pro isn’t needed to enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn.

PlayStation VR on PS Pro: How Much Better Is It?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWwLqbutsfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4Tifd5SdY

I'd still recommend them for the games that offer it since they're the best way for immersing yourself into the games that use them well.
This was a sizable part of the reason why I jumped on this deal. I got in on the PlayStation Move when it was getting cleared out of stores HARD. (back in the PS3 days) I was able to pick up a sizable amount of Move controllers and accessories for incredibly low prices. And I hung onto all of them. So as far as the motion controls for this thing are concerned, I'm set.

There is the issue with the batteries though. I went ahead and ordered a couple of replacements from Amazon. There's no need to stock up for all of my controllers, but I am going to want a pair of replacements.

This was a sizable part of the reason why I jumped on this deal. I got in on the PlayStation Move when it was getting cleared out of stores HARD. (back in the PS3 days) I was able to pick up a sizable amount of Move controllers and accessories for incredibly low prices. And I hung onto all of them. So as far as the motion controls for this thing are concerned, I'm set.

There is the issue with the batteries though. I went ahead and ordered a couple of replacements from Amazon. There's no need to stock up for all of my controllers, but I am going to want a pair of replacements.
I've had my Moves since launch with a good amount of use for them and they were fine when PSVR came out. Just had to charge them up and I was good.

do you guys think the frequent special sales are indication sony will kill the PSVR just like it killed Vita?

do you guys think the frequent special sales are indication sony will kill the PSVR just like it killed Vita?
A very irrelevant comparison.

Sony didn't actually discount Vita before they stopped making 1st party games and in fact they have been releasing new colors and special edition Vita in Japan and Asia for around US$200 (Sept 2016) after they stopped making 1st party game a few years ago. There are still new 3rd party games being released.

Did Amazon send anyone else two codes for the free games instead of one?
Yeah I got two codes, haven't tried redeeming them yet though

EDIT: Just tried and it looks like it's the same games because it's telling me I already own them

I don't want to derail into a sales thread, but since this is where everyone looks for VR, figured I would mention that I have an extra used pair (maybe two?) of the Move controllers if any CAGS need them. When PSVR was first announced last year I rushed out and bought as many cheap move controllers as I could, anticipating that they might become hard to find later. I think I have a total of 6 right now meaning I can shed 4 of them to someone in need. They are used but all have been tested and are working. PM me if you need a pair.  

Did Amazon send anyone else two codes for the free games instead of one?
i got 2 codes too, i think the reason why is because each item has it's own order number. the camera shipped out yesterday for me, same day delivery. and the vr itself i just got delivered today.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do with the second code. The first one worked just fine. Most of my friends and siblings don't have a PS4, and none of them have a PSVR.

I have a PSVR. I'd love an extra an extra Rigs code if anyone has one. ;)

Really sad I missed out on the Farpoint VR Aim bundle :( Hopefully, like someone else said, this is a sign that they are making more.

Mortal Blitz has a new update that added leaderboards to the missions and training mode, extreme difficulty, and a costume change option in the customize menu.

Superhot VR got a new update to fix trophy issues from the last update.

Would love a code if everyone is getting doubles. Already have br worlds but rigs and rush of blood are intriguing. Pm me with asking price or if anyone is feeling generous .....

Just played Farpoint for about 2 hrs with the VR Gun Controller (got the bundle earlier this week). It was good, but it wasn't amazing. Anyone else have an opinion of the game or controller?

Whaaat? If you can look at all the games out now and coming soon and still not be convinced to get one, then you'll never be convinced.
I agree. I was looking at the available PSVR games earlier this week. There's a pretty decent amount. Probably around the 150 games/experiences.

Personally I've really been enjoying SuperHot VR and I'm looking forward to Paranormal Activity this week. There's a bunch of vr games I'm interested in but I'm holding out for a sale of some sort. (TinyTrax, Arizona Sunshine, Surgeon Simulator)

Was thinking about Brookhaven since it's on sale this week. Anyone have any thoughts?

Megaton Rainfall looks like a superman Simulator. And it's disappointing that Obduction isn't VR compatible at launch.

Not nearly as good a deal, but best right now:   frys has the base VR set with free ps4 camera for $369 with email promo code.

I found a used headset at gs so I picked it up to see if it makes me sick before I actually buy one. I have a square camera from before but they told me only the new round one will work with the psvr. I picked up the new camera anyhow since they allow opened accessories returns within 30 days. But don't both cameras work?

I found a used headset at gs so I picked it up to see if it makes me sick before I actually buy one. I have a square camera from before but they told me only the new round one will work with the psvr. I picked up the new camera anyhow since they allow opened accessories returns within 30 days. But don't both cameras work?
They lied to you. It's the same camera in a new shell.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/14/kaiju-driving-range-coming-to-ps-vr-as-a-free-add-on-for-100ft-robot-golf/

100ft Robot Golf is getting a free add-on on 9/12 called Kaiju Driving Range that is a 1-on-1 local multiplayer mode. Basically, the TV player is controlling a robot trying to hit the ball through rings while the PSVR player with Moves trying to knock it out of the air to deny them as a jerk.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/14/dont-knock-twice-coming-to-ps-vr-an-inside-look-at-creating-virtual-horror/

Horror game Don't Knock Twice is coming to PSVR on 9/5 for $19.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORMiMSvMx7c

Was thinking about Brookhaven since it's on sale this week. Anyone have any thoughts?
I just started it this weekend using the Aim controller. Not sure how I feel about the lack of mobility thing after playing Farpoint. Just feels so limited to be stuck in one space and not able to move around. I get that it's a wave based concept and the strategy lies in knowing how to prioritize what monsters to shoot at what time, but a small arena range of mobility would have made it feel so much better. I'm not too keen on using a button to turn around. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

Horror game Don't Knock Twice is coming to PSVR on 9/5 for $19.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORMiMSvMx7c
I want to play that game but I think it might kill me. I've only made it 1/4 through RE7 and still keep pushing it back because of how intense it is.

I just started it this weekend using the Aim controller. Not sure how I feel about the lack of mobility thing after playing Farpoint. Just feels so limited to be stuck in one space and not able to move around. I get that it's a wave based concept and the strategy lies in knowing how to prioritize what monsters to shoot at what time, but a small arena range of mobility would have made it feel so much better. I'm not too keen on using a button to turn around. Maybe I'll get used to it though.
Thanks for the tip. I was really close multiple times of getting it but the shooter wave + no mobility kept making me think I would be taking a step backwards in terms of VR game design and experience. If Dino Frontier has taught me anything it's that VR can make even UI an exciting experience which shows how limited everyone's understanding of it is still.

Got my set from the Amazon deal on Saturday - played it a good amount all weekend. Really wish I didnt sell my old move controllers when I moved last year, feel pretty silly having to re-buy.

I got in on the Best Buy Farpoint bundle on Friday, but it looks like my shipment got delayed until September!  I wonder if the bundles they put up this morning will arrive faster.

bread's done
Back