Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates from people who got an order through from nebraska furniture?
There's a brick and mortar store where I live, so I ordered it for pick up. Was supposed to be ready 12/5, but got a call that it was delayed til 12/6 now. It's a legit retailer (owned by Berkshire Hathaway), though their website's not that great...

Thats right, it was the graphics that were complained about. Yeah the way GT Sport does it is bad.
Haven't played GT Sport VR Mode, only non-VR demo, but I prefer the way GT Sport is after watching the VR mode video compared to poor graphics of DriveClub VR. The poor graphic is very distractd to get me immersed into the VR mode. While in GT Sport VR, I can enjoy driving around with the top off looking around the nice tracks that you will never been to.

Never had any issues with the graphics of DriveClub VR, as it's a good game with a lot of content in there. It just gave me the worst nausea of any PSVR game I've played.

I picked up the Skyrim VR bundle. Haven't opened it yet due to my fear of VR sickness. I have issues with something like Star Tours at Disney. Anyone care to chime in if I'm a prime candidate for VR sickness? Thanks.

Haven't played GT Sport VR Mode, only non-VR demo, but I prefer the way GT Sport is after watching the VR mode video compared to poor graphics of DriveClub VR. The poor graphic is very distractd to get me immersed into the VR mode. While in GT Sport VR, I can enjoy driving around with the top off looking around the nice tracks that you will never been to.
True. Trade off.

Never had any issues with the graphics of DriveClub VR, as it's a good game with a lot of content in there. It just gave me the worst nausea of any PSVR game I've played.
After it was pointed out it's the graphics people were complaining about i started reading more on the game, yep... this is the other thing that came up lol.

I picked up the Skyrim VR bundle. Haven't opened it yet due to my fear of VR sickness. I have issues with something like Star Tours at Disney. Anyone care to chime in if I'm a prime candidate for VR sickness? Thanks.
There's no sure thing with VR since everyone has a unique reaction to each game. You could try out either of the demo discs to get a sampling of various games first, but you won't really know until you play them. I had some issues with the locomotion in Skyrim VR after a couple of minutes, but was fine once I switched to teleportation.

There's no sure thing with VR since everyone has a unique reaction to each game. You could try out either of the demo discs to get a sampling of various games first, but you won't really know until you play them. I had some issues with the locomotion in Skyrim VR after a couple of minutes, but was fine once I switched to teleportation.
I need to find a sweet spot for the edge darkening with locomotion. At the default it's intense...

Farpoint is the only game i've really "felt" the motion, not enough to get sick... but I do feel it.

Rush of blood on the roller coaster sections i can feel it also, but barely. 

Everyone is different. My mother about tossed the headset on the first stage of Rush of Blood when the car started to go down... and thats minor compared to other levels.

Farpoint is the only game i've really "felt" the motion, not enough to get sick... but I do feel it..
Are you referring using the thumbstick moving around?
I don't have any issue moving around while using the body/gun to change direction. However, if i enabled the turning option to "smooth" (which by default is disabled) and used the 2nd thumbstick to turn, i could feel something wrong. Usually i did that only for a second or 2 and avoided to do that often, so not enough to cause a big issue.

Thanks. I was excited about the 'try the VR' promo but I was way late to that. Just gonna have to do baby steps.

Did anyone else get a email from PlayStation to try out the VR for 14 days?
I did, which was weird because I got an email from Playstation about a week earlier welcoming me to my new PS VR system that I had just purchased...so they were aware I already owned one.

I got a bit queasy on Star Tours, and I've felt the same at times with Skyrim VR (mainly when turning too fast), but the more I play of it, the better it gets. I've been using the regular controller, but I've heard using the Moves helps; I stick with the controller just because I'm so used to it from Skyrim SE.

Played Doom VFR for a couple of hours last night. It's probably the most intense/fasted paced VR game I've played so far. It's hard. That's not to say it isn't good, but it's easy to get overwhelmed by a plethora of demons quickly. 

Doom has always been a fast paced FPS and the VR game retains that feel, but I found myself sometimes struggling to turn around and move around quickly enough to avoid the onslaught. This translated to me sometimes getting way too turned around and off center in real life, and I quickly realized the camera centering icon in the HUD was very necessary for this reason. I was never a fan of "teleportation" in VR games but in Doom it feels like a necessary and integral part of the game, and it didn't take too long for me to get used to it and start using it to my advantage when I needed to. It's also unique in that they made it another way to kill enemies, so it feels like a natural part of the game.

I didn't try the Dualshock 4 or the move wands yet, I played the full session with the aim controller. It can be a little disorienting for some people with the Aim because your in-game character holds the weapons with one hand and holds a grenade in the other hand, but honestly it didn't bother me at all and once I got used to throwing the grenades it felt natural. I'm not sure I'll ever play it with the move wands but I'll try to leave my impressions of the DS4 once I use that.

Overall I would recommend Doom VR to any fan of the 2016 game, as I would assume those people are used to that style of gameplay - constant movement, quick thinking, and a "leave it all out there" strategic mentality. However, this style of play is even tougher in the confines of VR and is probably not the kind of game you will want to play unless you are already fairly seasoned with the equipment. Definitely not a game to show to someone using VR for the first time.

For what it's worth, I never felt sick at all.    

Have you considered participating in one of the demos being offered around the country? I just tried the demo at a local Best Buy, verified that my mono vision isn't a problem. I'm looking forward to Skyrim. Best of luck!

Have you considered participating in one of the demos being offered around the country? I just tried the demo at a local Best Buy, verified that my mono vision isn't a problem. I'm looking forward to Skyrim. Best of luck!
A problem is the demo might not be done properly and the guy doing demo might not be that knowledgeable or want to spend too much time with you.

I tried the demo at BestBuy before PSVR was released, the first thing I noticed was I didn't get a clear image not matter how I moved around the headset. I asked the guy if there was any other adjustment can be done. He told me there was no adjustment other than if it fits my head or not. Nonetheless, I played the Battlezone (didn't feel much difference than when I played FPS game) and briefly the underwater demo and quited.

Only after I got the PSVR I found out it's the IPD issue that I have wide IPD and I can measure and make adjustment in the device settings.

A problem is the demo might not be done properly and the guy doing demo might not be that knowledgeable or want to spend too much time with you.

I tried the demo at BestBuy before PSVR was released, the first thing I noticed was I didn't get a clear image not matter how I moved around the headset. I asked the guy if there was any other adjustment can be done. He told me there was no adjustment other than if it fits my head or not. Nonetheless, I played the Battlezone (didn't feel much difference than when I played FPS game) and briefly the underwater demo and quited.

Only after I got the PSVR I found out it's the IPD issue that I have wide IPD and I can measure and make adjustment in the device settings.
I don't understand why Sony doesn't have you go through this when you first setup the PSVR. My first 3-4 hours with the PSVR I thought it just wasn't going to be that great due to the blurriness, it was good but much room for improvement. Then I found out how to calibrate the headset... night and day difference.

Just found the PowerA PSVR stand at walmart.... for $29.99!

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=1426810-01

Comes up as PS Vita accessory..

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 21.28.33 PM.png
Thanks for this. I'm going to go get one on my lunch break.

I ordered this one from Amazon 2 weeks ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYGCK1M/

I don't like it though, it's a lot bulkier and taller than I expected. Plus I only have 1 PS4 controller so I don't need the other slot. The Walmart one looks noticeably more compact which I like.

Played Doom VFR for a couple of hours last night. It's probably the most intense/fasted paced VR game I've played so far. It's hard. That's not to say it isn't good, but it's easy to get overwhelmed by a plethora of demons quickly.

Doom has always been a fast paced FPS and the VR game retains that feel, but I found myself sometimes struggling to turn around and move around quickly enough to avoid the onslaught. This translated to me sometimes getting way too turned around and off center in real life, and I quickly realized the camera centering icon in the HUD was very necessary for this reason. I was never a fan of "teleportation" in VR games but in Doom it feels like a necessary and integral part of the game, and it didn't take too long for me to get used to it and start using it to my advantage when I needed to. It's also unique in that they made it another way to kill enemies, so it feels like a natural part of the game.

I didn't try the Dualshock 4 or the move wands yet, I played the full session with the aim controller. It can be a little disorienting for some people with the Aim because your in-game character holds the weapons with one hand and holds a grenade in the other hand, but honestly it didn't bother me at all and once I got used to throwing the grenades it felt natural. I'm not sure I'll ever play it with the move wands but I'll try to leave my impressions of the DS4 once I use that.

Overall I would recommend Doom VR to any fan of the 2016 game, as I would assume those people are used to that style of gameplay - constant movement, quick thinking, and a "leave it all out there" strategic mentality. However, this style of play is even tougher in the confines of VR and is probably not the kind of game you will want to play unless you are already fairly seasoned with the equipment. Definitely not a game to show to someone using VR for the first time.

For what it's worth, I never felt sick at all.
Thanks, look forward to trying it. FYI, for anyone who preordered it they added a pretty great dynamic theme to the store that's free to download.

Just found the PowerA PSVR stand at walmart.... for $29.99!

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=1426810-01

Comes up as PS Vita accessory..

I just went to Walmart to get this and it rang up as $49.99 instead of $29.99. I had someone do a price match to their website for me but she was kind of a bitch about it saying she will do it this ONE time because it's sold out online. I tried to explain to her that I could just order online and pick up in store today and she wasn't getting it. I just didn't have the 4 hour window to wait for it to be ready for pickup which is why I went in store.

They had 2 of these left and it looked like 1 of them was a return for sure. I am a little disappointed at how light the box is, this thing is probably just as crap quality as the one I linked to up above that I got off of Amazon. But at least it's smaller.

I played the full session with the aim controller. It can be a little disorienting for some people with the Aim because your in-game character holds the weapons with one hand and holds a grenade in the other hand, but honestly it didn't bother me at all and once I got used to throwing the grenades it felt natural. I'm not sure I'll ever play it with the move wands but I'll try to leave my impressions of the DS4 once I use that.
Word on the street is that the gun is fixed to your right hand and the grenades to the left; is that right? Might be incredibly disorienting and impossible for me to play without a left-handed option. :(

yes thats the way it shows up. odd... but it does. Pretty much all the reviews say they forget about it after a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrck9MffyZ4&t=371s

I just went to Walmart to get this and it rang up as $49.99 instead of $29.99. I had someone do a price match to their website for me but she was kind of a bitch about it saying she will do it this ONE time because it's sold out online. I tried to explain to her that I could just order online and pick up in store today and she wasn't getting it. I just didn't have the 4 hour window to wait for it to be ready for pickup which is why I went in store.

They had 2 of these left and it looked like 1 of them was a return for sure. I am a little disappointed at how light the box is, this thing is probably just as crap quality as the one I linked to up above that I got off of Amazon. But at least it's smaller.
I'm tempted to get that one too. It's the same price ($30) at GameStop, it looks like: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/charge-and-display-station-for-playstation-vr/131502

There's an update for Skyrim VR:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Update 1.02

NEW FEATURES

• Added smooth rotation option with PS Move controllers
  • Added rotation speed for smooth rotation
  • Added option for crosshairs when using PS Move controllers for spells
BUG FIXES

• Removed the auto-unsheathing when raising your shield hand when weapons are sheathed.
  • Fixed an issue with 2-handed weapons in left hand mode
  • Made adjustments to blocking and bashing so that it now works correctly with 2-handed weapons and 1-handed weapons with no secondary weapon equipped
  • Improved feedback for blocking
  • Improved feedback for getting staggered
  • Improvements to Eagle Eye
  • Improvements to setting targets for summon spells
  • Fixed an issue where your follower or other NPCs would block UI
  • Fixed an issue where the training menu would not be in the right place
  • Improved directional power attacks
  • Stats menu will update without having to restart the game
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements

Arizona Sunshine got its big update that added two new horde mode maps to the game. Details here.

The Brookhaven Experiment also got an update recently that adds a new level, monsters, boss, weapon, ammo, and throwables.

To the guy using the dual shock with skyrim because of the special edition:

You are missing or on a lot of the vr experience! It'll take you some adapting to, but once you level up archery, the bow is great, you can fire two different directions with magic attacks, and you literally need to swim with your arms like you normally would!

Give it 4 or 5 hours to adapt. (We also found moving our camera to slightly higher than head level improves tracking, and also do NOT use a swivel computer chair.

If the move controllers had the joystick like the old PS3 nunchuck did, they would be perfect.

The teleport movement in any game just doesn't do it for me. Skyrim VR is beautiful... And I *want* to play it with the move controllers, but it's way too slow and clunky for me to use effectively. 

If the move controllers had the joystick like the old PS3 nunchuck did, they would be perfect.

The teleport movement in any game just doesn't do it for me. Skyrim VR is beautiful... And I *want* to play it with the move controllers, but it's way too slow and clunky for me to use effectively.
That's the reason I think Sony should release a new VR controller similar what Rift, Vive or Microsoft MR have or better, at least with some navigation control. However, that will certainly piss off many people who have bought the Move controllers already (seeing how many pissed off by the old headset in the GT Sport bundle)

Skyrim has a standard movement option with the wands though, you hold down the action button to move forward and steer yourself by aiming the wand.

That's the reason I think Sony should release a new VR controller similar what Rift, Vive or Microsoft MR have or better, at least with some navigation control. However, that will certainly piss off many people who have bought the Move controllers already (seeing how many pissed off by the old headset in the GT Sport bundle)
They should just support the move navigation controller. ;)

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/05/farpoint-for-ps-vr-versus-expansion-pack-releases-today/

Farpoint is getting a big update today that adds two new PvP modes along with skins and weapon unlocks as you earn enough XP in the PvP. It's all free and adds some new trophies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0COhzbaLQ
Frisky, any idea if they patched subtitles/captions into Farpoint yet? When it came out I tried the demo at Best Buy and it didn't have captions. I was really disappointed (I'm hard of hearing).

Word on the street is that the gun is fixed to your right hand and the grenades to the left; is that right? Might be incredibly disorienting and impossible for me to play without a left-handed option. :(
This is true, later you get a grenade launcher permanently in your left hand if that helps. I really enjoy the game but I have to say, Doom needs more action in it. I find that 3/4ths the time I am doing fetch stuff... It's Doom, I constantly want to be killing things in brutal ways.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/06/tis-the-season-to-play-new-december-deals-for-ps4-pro-and-playstation-vr-systems/

For people that missed out on the Black Friday PSVR bundle deals:

From Sunday, December 10, through Sunday, December 24

PlayStation VR Gran Turismo Sport Bundle

$199.99 (MSRP) // Regular price: $299.99 (MSRP)

This bundle includes a PS VR system, a PS Camera, a copy of GT Sport, and the new PS VR demo disc. The world’s first racing experience to be built from the ground up now heightens the experience further by transporting gamers straight into the driver’s seat in virtual reality. Experience thrilling one-on-one racing with select cars in the dedicated VR Drive mode in Arcade Mode.

PlayStation VR DOOM VFR Bundle

$299.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $399.99 (MSRP)

This bundle includes a PS VR headset, a PlayStation Camera, a copy of Doom VFR and the new PS VR demo disc. DOOM VFR brings the fast-paced gameplay fans of the series love to VR. Lay waste to an army of demons as you explore and interact with new areas of the UAC facility on Mars, and Hell itself, from an entirely new perspective.

PlayStation VR The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR Bundle

$349.99 (MSRP) // Regular Price: $449.99 (MSRP)

This bundle includes a PS VR system, a PS Camera, two PlayStation Move controllers, a copy of Skyrim VR and the new PS VR demo disc. Skyrim VR is perfect for longtime fans of the game who want to check out Skyrim’s epic world in virtual reality, or for the curious gamer looking to virtually dip their toes in Tamriel for the very first time.

What’s the point of a “OMG SUPER SPECIAL SALE!!!11one” if shortly after it ends, the prices drop again and again...

So close to overlapping with that Best Buy promo for $50 off PSVR. When I go to My Best Buy on my phone it says the offer is valid Dec 3-10, but if you actually click on it it says 3-9. Debating trying to go in on Sunday and exchange my vanilla headset for the GT bundle. Would be sweet if I could also pull off $50 off.

What’s the point of a “OMG SUPER SPECIAL SALE!!!11one” if shortly after it ends, the prices drop again and again...
The holiday season extends past the Thanksgiving week/end, so they're taking advantage of the continued spending spree that people are on.

So close to overlapping with that Best Buy promo for $50 off PSVR. When I go to My Best Buy on my phone it says the offer is valid Dec 3-10, but if you actually click on it it says 3-9. Debating trying to go in on Sunday and exchange my vanilla headset for the GT bundle. Would be sweet if I could also pull off $50 off.
Why? It's the same headset.

bread's done
Back