Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
did not get the game on sale because I didn't have the money for the PSVR.... of course, now that I have the money, the price for everything has gone up... however, I was able to pick up the Star Trek VR game on Amazon for $21.77 and free ship.. sooo close to on sale...

now I just need to find a good deal on the VR setup....  any advice?

also, is there really a huge difference between the series 1 & 2 headsets?  or might I be happy with either?

did not get the game on sale because I didn't have the money for the PSVR.... of course, now that I have the money, the price for everything has gone up... however, I was able to pick up the Star Trek VR game on Amazon for $21.77 and free ship.. sooo close to on sale...

now I just need to find a good deal on the VR setup.... any advice?

also, is there really a huge difference between the series 1 & 2 headsets? or might I be happy with either?
As far as the version of the headset goes, I have the first version which doesn't do the HDR pass through which wasn't a big deal, but I just got a 4k tv with HDR and now I wish I had the version 2.

Here are the deals ending this week:

1/2/18

Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 1/2/18
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $40.19 - 33% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $22.79 - 24% Off - $19.79 - 34% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Pinball FX2 VR - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Pinball FX2 VR - Season 1 Pack - $14.99 - 50% Off - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Pinball FX2 VR - The Walking Dead - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Rez Infinite Digital Deluxe Holiday Promo - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/18
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $25.79 - 57% Off - $19.79 - 67% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Thumper - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18
1/3/18

Stunt Kite Master VR - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/3/18

1/4/18
Snow Fortress - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/4/18

Special Delivery - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/4/18

1/5/18

Starship Disco - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/5/18

As far as the version of the headset goes, I have the first version which doesn't do the HDR pass through which wasn't a big deal, but I just got a 4k tv with HDR and now I wish I had the version 2.
so basically the decision should be made based on when I plan to get a 4k tv... which is likely not all that soon... so I might be ok with the series 1 headset... decisions, decisions....

thanks for the reply

so basically the decision should be made based on when I plan to get a 4k tv... which is likely not all that soon... so I might be ok with the series 1 headset... decisions, decisions....

thanks for the reply
Not 4K, 4K with high quality HDR. I'm sure things have improved in the last 6 months but HDR was crapshoot amongst even decent TVs. My 2016 Samsung JS8500 has very mediocre HDR support so it's not a great measure but even really great HDR demo have not impressed me much so the new headset is more future proof for a feature that may see the same level of support as 3D movies in the next 4-6 years.

Looks like there are a few new games on sale starting today:

Don't Knock Twice

$13.99 ($9.99 PS+)

Light Tracer

$11.99

Surgeon Simulator

$9.99 ($6.99 PS+)

Tethered

$12.49 ($9.99 PS+)

I'm definitely picking up Tethered.

Anyone have any thoughts about Don't Knock Twice for $9.99?  I think I read that they were supposed to add free locomotion a while back, but it never happened.  Are the devs still working on it?  I love a scary game, but I'm not a fan of teleport-only games.

Is Catlateral Damage as good as it looks? Very tempted based on the PSN video.
Regular, non-VR mode is fun, though it get a little repetitive when going for the trophy. VR mode is a tragedy. Teleportation only and you never seem to teleport close enough to easily knock things over with your very short paws, which you do by swinging the Moves around. You'll get very exhausted, tangled up in the VR cable, and frustrated because time ran out before you accomplished anything. They should have just used the regular Dualshock 4 controls and movement and it would have made a world of difference.

I have a few questions on PS VR in general.

1) What is displayed on the TV while wearing the VR headset?  Can others still watch the game on the TV or no?

2) Are PS3 move controllers compatible with PS4 VR or do you need all new accessories?

Thanks!

1) Unless the game has a specific function for the television screen, it will simply display whatever you'd see through your right eye.

2) The Moves are the exact same ones from the PS3.

How's Batman vr? I'm a big fan of Batman, but is the experience long enough/cool enough to want to replay for it to be worth it?
I bought it at launch and felt it was well worth the $20. It's short, but a cool way to show off VR for someone new to it. I haven't replayed it myself, but I have pulled it out several times to let my friends try it out. Would love to see the idea expanded on for a more fleshed out experience, similar to how I would like to see the Star Wars X-Wing VR Mission expanded.

Here are the new deals for today:

Ace Banana - $2.99 - 80% Off - $1.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/9

Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

Don’t Knock Twice - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Eagle Flight - $18.79 - 53% Off - $14.79 - 63% Off - Ends 1/9

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $3.99 - 80% Off - $1.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

Tekken 7 - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition - $55.24 - 35% Off - $46.74 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16

Tethered - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Werewolves Within - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Free for PS+:

StarBlood Arena - Ends 2/6

Oh my!  Tethered is a fun game, but it gets really busy, really quickly.

I just played the tutorial level and it was nuts.  I had at least 8 characters going, trying to collect all different resources, fend off enemies, build new buildings, learn new knowledge, replenish sources, all at once.  It was nuts!

Eventually I had to stop playing.  Hopefully it saved my progress after all that.

[attachment=29162:IMG_20180102_192829221.jpg]foundthis at my local Walmart. I couldn't pass up on that deal. YMMV though. If you're in Houston this is the store 10411 N Freeway 45

Houston, TX 77037

Is Werewolves Within worth the $9.99 used price at Gamestop?

How about Psychonauts?  That one is $21.97.  I was really thinking of picking it up because I saw it contained the complete original game.

Is Werewolves Within worth the $9.99 used price at Gamestop?

How about Psychonauts? That one is $21.97. I was really thinking of picking it up because I saw it contained the complete original game.
Why not get them on PSN for $13 ($3 Psychonauts + $10 Psychonauts VR)?

I can't speak for Josef, but I personally prefer physical media and have a fuck load of GS credit. $9 savings isn't enough incentive for me to buy digital over disc.

I know you can buy PSN credit with GS credit.

I'm curious about CAG's answer to Josef's question.

Does anyone have a new/sealed copy of the first VR demo that came with the original bundle? I would like to get my hands on that one.

I can't speak for Josef, but I personally prefer physical media and have a fuck load of GS credit. $9 savings isn't enough incentive for me to buy digital over disc.

I know you can buy PSN credit with GS credit.

I'm curious about CAG's answer to Josef's question.
About Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin? It's really good as an adventure game of sorts set in that universe. Here's a video of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQQkB6xbFI

Despite still having RE7 in the backlog with only an hour or so playtime I've heard the DLC is pretty solid and was thinking about getting it. Is this the cheapest the whole season pass has been?

A few days ago the Farpoint bundle was only available at one gamestop in my area. Now it's showing in stock at all of my gamestops. I'm seriously considering blowing some GS reward certificates on this even though the GCU discount at BB is tempting. I'm a sucker for giant plastic peripherals that take up space

I definitely prefer physical to digital unless the discount is huge (say $5 total for both). That said, I think the $20 deal from Gamestop may be the best I can find for the physical version. I am tempted to wait and see if it goes down further since most Gamestops in my area still have it, but you never know if this will turn into another Robinson or Job Simulator as it is already sold out at Amazon and Best Buy.

I'm usually in favor of physical disks, but with VR games, I much prefer digital. It's a bit cumbersome putting the headset on/off, it's really nice being able to switch between games without having to do that. 

Has anyone played the Moss demo?  I'm trying to figure out why some people (on Reddit) claim that the game looks blurry.  I played the demo last night and I thought it looked pretty damn sharp, one of the best looking games (visually) to date.  It wasn't the least bit blurry for me.

Has anyone played the Moss demo? I'm trying to figure out why some people (on Reddit) claim that the game looks blurry. I played the demo last night and I thought it looked pretty damn sharp, one of the best looking games (visually) to date. It wasn't the least bit blurry for me.
that was one of the first demo I tried. I was disappointed by how blurry/low res it looked :( Maybe because I'm using a slim PS4, not Pro? I was really excited about this game too.

Moss is probably my most anticipated game for PSVR right now.  I loved the demo of it and loved the world that Quill lives in.  It's got a really great charm to it and I loved the sound.  I also liked how you could "look back" at the previous "rooms" you were in by looking to the left once you enter a new room.  Just a very neat game and I will be purchasing it day 1 next month.

I did not notice any blur what soever.  I played it on the PSVR demo at Best Buy and then again when I bought PSVR.  I believe both were on PS4 Pro's.

Thank you! I didn’t know you can download it. The collector in me wants a physical disc. The problem is I don’t buy used so finding older games is difficult.
Collecting demo disc? then you would have to many things to collect. Each demo is so short that I don't see its collection value.

Haven’t been keeping up with this thread much. Just picked up a Skyrim Bundle my friend bought and didn’t like for $250. I have the version 1 headset but wanted the new headset with hdr pass through. As someone that just got a 4K hdr tv, my vr has been unhooked since I got it. Hoping to play more vr now that I can leave it connected.

Now I need to find someone to buy my older bundle. What’s a fair price to ask for? $180? Includes move controllers and camera.

Anyone else upgrade to the newer version? Any differences besides the box?

Amazon has a listing for a physical Don’t Knock Twice for $39.99 before Prime (double the regular price on PSN). I don’t see it listed anywhere else. Possible exclusive?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076QF4D82/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515160838&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dont+knock+twice&dpPl=1&dpID=51lJffEgtwL&ref=plSrch
I actually imported my copy, never thought it would get a US region release seeing as how it's based on an English film.

bread's done
Back