Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon has a listing for a physical Don’t Knock Twice for $39.99 before Prime (double the regular price on PSN). I don’t see it listed anywhere else. Possible exclusive?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076QF4D82/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515160838&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dont+knock+twice&dpPl=1&dpID=51lJffEgtwL&ref=plSrch
Going to have to keep a real close eye on this if it does end up being an Amazon exclusive. Otherwise we may have another Gravity Rush situation.

Just purchased the PS VR Doom bundle this week, waiting for delivery. Also picked up starblood arena, until dawn, paranormal activity, Farpoint bundlek driveclub. Already have Resident Evil. I have to download all the free stuff on PSN but can't buy anything - keep getting error about my payment. Anyways, is there a place to get move controllers cheap? Should I be looking for the new ones or get the ones w/ PS3 if available?  I don't want to spend $100 more. Waiting for deal on PS worlds, Batman VR. They were all on sale recently on PSN but for some reason I tried paypal, credit card psn wont' let anything go through. Read other people have same problem w/o resolution.

Just purchased the PS VR Doom bundle this week, waiting for delivery. Also picked up starblood arena, until dawn, paranormal activity, Farpoint bundlek driveclub. Already have Resident Evil. I have to download all the free stuff on PSN but can't buy anything - keep getting error about my payment. Anyways, is there a place to get move controllers cheap? Should I be looking for the new ones or get the ones w/ PS3 if available? I don't want to spend $100 more. Waiting for deal on PS worlds, Batman VR. They were all on sale recently on PSN but for some reason I tried paypal, credit card psn wont' let anything go through. Read other people have same problem w/o resolution.
I just got 2 move controllers from GameStop this past week, and one was $24 after discount and the other $19. I picked one up at a far away store, and then called a closer one the day after they told me they had one on hold - they then said it had been shipped out. So then, near the last day of the the used b2g1 I asked some employees at another GS if it was possible to have one shipped in from another store, and they said yes, and then I asked if I'd still be able to do the b2g1 by returning the one I already had even after the promo dates when the second controller would arrive, and fortunately they said yes again. So all in all I got 2 moves and a game for <$50, but if anyone has been trying to find some, hopefully this lays out some potential options to explore.

Check your local pawn shops and other pawn shop like stores for move controllers. I found one at a pawn shop for $12 and my second came from a store called Bookmans for $15. Bookmans is a local store that buys & sells used books, movies, games, etc. if I’d known I was getting a psvr for Christmas I would have snatched up some of the $5 move controllers I’d seen at other pawn shops semi-recently instead

Is it limited? Just saw it at a Best Buy earlier today. I wouldn’t play it for a while yet don’t want to miss out on it either.
Its only limited in that Best Buy seems to be the only retailer carrying it, and most stores only got in 1 to 2 copies at first. Website still has it in stock though and other retailers may eventually carry it. Still its a nice price at over half off the digital version.

My store only got 3 copies but was restocked with 7 more when those sold out. It won't be as limited as everyone was thinking.

Has anyone played Paranormal Activity yet?   I played for a little bit and I thought the controls with the DS4 were horrible.   It looks like there is an option to play with move wands, but I couldn't get it to work.   I'm pretty disappointed, had high hopes for this game.

Just finished hooking up the 2.0 headset. The cord going to the headset is a lot thinner. It makes the headset itself seem lighter. I also like how they put the controls on the display. I upgraded for the 4K and hdr but happy with all the other little upgrades also.

Just finished hooking up the 2.0 headset. The cord going to the headset is a lot thinner. It makes the headset itself seem lighter. I also like how they put the controls on the display. I upgraded for the 4K and hdr but happy with all the other little upgrades also.
Did you sell your other headset? I've been contemplating upgrading to the newer model based on the 4K HDR passthru alone (just got a new tv). I didn't think it would be a hassle to unhook each time, but I'm afraid I'm going to damage the HDMI inputs on my Pro.

I feel like Disc Replay would give me pennies for the VR. Ugh, I'm not used to trading and selling and thing.

Did you sell your other headset? I've been contemplating upgrading to the newer model based on the 4K HDR passthru alone (just got a new tv). I didn't think it would be a hassle to unhook each time, but I'm afraid I'm going to damage the HDMI inputs on my Pro.

I feel like Disc Replay would give me pennies for the VR. Ugh, I'm not used to trading and selling and thing.
I ended up using a switch on my box that used too HDMI inputs. I upgraded to 2.0 and don't regret but wouldn't recommend it either unless you found a way to do it for less than 50 bucks. For me the cable is the best part but every other part could be seen as subjectively better or worse. Looks like a headset would get you about 200 bucks online and for some reason it seems all online trade in sources (Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.) either don't take it or offer next to nothing for it.

I bought the packaged set of 2 move controllers (for $60, so not too bad), and they are just the PS3 Move Controllers. Has mini-USB and even select and start buttons (which function as share and options). So they are just repackaging these things. They work fine, though and for that price I'm happy. New batteries as opposed to used Move controllers.

Used navigation controllers are dirt cheap (used) at gamestop. Is there any chance Sony will decide to support those for PSVR? I'm thinking about buying one just in case.

I ended up using a switch on my box that used too HDMI inputs. I upgraded to 2.0 and don't regret but wouldn't recommend it either unless you found a way to do it for less than 50 bucks. For me the cable is the best part but every other part could be seen as subjectively better or worse. Looks like a headset would get you about 200 bucks online and for some reason it seems all online trade in sources (Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.) either don't take it or offer next to nothing for it.
What kind of switch did you use that still allowed the Pro to output 4K HDR?

Used navigation controllers are dirt cheap (used) at gamestop. Is there any chance Sony will decide to support those for PSVR? I'm thinking about buying one just in case.
Seems unlikely for a few reasons:

1) Every game that uses the Move wands, uses both of them. At least everything I've seen.

2) The Aim controller has it's own built in analog stick so there is no need for an additional attachment like the Nav controller (like the Sharpshooter used.)

3) Dev kits for the PSVR weren't being issued with the Nav controller compatibility so the likeliness that it would be integrated into a current title in an effective fashion is unlikely.

I sold my older headset to a friend for $170. So I basically paid $80 to upgrade and I got Skyrim VR, in the bundle. I originally didn’t think the old headset would be hard to just swap a cable, but I also had to use a second HDMI slot on my tv. I haven’t played since getting my tv(Sony 900e) around Black Friday because of the hassle. Now I don’t have to worry about it at all.

One thing I was worried about was the newer Move controllers(working with the PSVR stand/charger) because they use microUSB, instead of the miniUSB the old ones used. It wasn’t a problem though, the charger actually doesn’t use that plug at all. The move controllers have contact points on the bottom for the base.

PSVR deals ending tomorrow:

The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9

Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/9

Bloody Zombies - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Digital Domain's Monkey King - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9

DreamWorks Voltron VR Chronicles - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/9

Eagle Flight - $18.79 - 53% Off - $14.79 - 63% Off - Ends 1/9

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Perfect - $5.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/9

Smashbox Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Waddle Home - $4.99 - 50% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/9

Werewolves Within - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9

Most likely no, whatever hand it's in wouldn't be able to interact with anything.

Read somewhere that you can get the Nav controller to work on the PS4, right up until you start *any* VR title. then it's completely useless.

Honestly do not see Sony using them in VR.

I have only played a little of the Voltron but I am enjoying it.  As someone said, if you're a fan of the Netflix show (which I very much am) then you will likely enjoy this VR experience.  Same voice cast and being in this virtual cartoon is kinda cool.   But the interactive part that I did wasn't that great.  I often found the game struggling to capture my movements as I had intended.  It's not unplayable, but it's not as refined as other games such as Batman.  But for me, it is well worth the sale price.  Supposedly they will be making several more episodes.

I’ve been considering getting the PS4 gold headset since I got the new PSVR v2 Skyrim bundle. In searching I’ve found two different types of packaging for it, having me wonder if there are old and new versions. Can someone confirm if there are old and new versions?

Photos:

[attachment=29237:4EF7B157-8C79-4EC7-8768-654697EC9F75.jpeg]

[attachment=29238:21E16688-C881-48BA-9943-9152E04C6A3B.jpeg]

I would assume the first one is the old packaging since it includes PS3, Vita compatibility while the second photo just says PS4.
The top photo seems to be sold everywhere, target, Best Buy, Kohl’s. I’ve only seen the bottom one in a walmart. I had a hell of a time finding a photo for the bottom one. I had to dig through dozens of eBay auctions to even find that pic.

Those Sony Gold headphones will work fine, but be careful putting them on and taking them off over the VR headset. They are very tight. I cracked mine by pulling them apart too much when taking them off.

Those Sony Gold headphones will work fine, but be careful putting them on and taking them off over the VR headset. They are very tight. I cracked mine by pulling them apart too much when taking them off.
I haven’t even set up my PSVR yet. Do you wear the headphones over or under the VR?

I haven’t even set up my PSVR yet. Do you wear the headphones over or under the VR?
Over, but I think big Over the Ear Headphones are not comfortable for long game play with VR. IEM ftw!

I just use them for guests to show them VR.

Over, but I think big Over the Ear Headphones are not comfortable for long game play with VR. IEM ftw!

I just use them for guests to show them VR.
Over ear headphone made specifically for PSVR are EXTREMELY comfortable with the PSVR headset. Take the Plantronic RIG 4VR for instance. Certainly isn't the highest quality sound out there, but the ear cups are shaped perfectly to not interfere with the PSVR headband/strap.

... but any other onear/overear headphones have caused me comfort issues...

I called a walmart who had the gold headphones in stock. I wonder if it’s some type of exclusive packaging as the barcode and Sony stock number on the bottom are the same. On the packaging one states stereo headset and PS3 PS4 and Vita support while the walmart version does not.

I'd be careful with over the ear headsets and demo them with the headset first if at all possible. I've found that if the pads are big enough, they won't fit on your ears unless you push the headset strap up a bit toward the crown of your head. I usually go a little bit up from the recommended way of wearing the headset just due to personal comfort and my Bose QC25s just barely fit, but I've been told wearing the headset improperly does put strain on the headset wire.

Have you guys tried the Bionik Mantis headset? It looks cool/compact.
I have not tried it, but it seems like it would be difficult to get them clipped perfectly to the headset and fit comfortably on the ears.

I also think they wouldn’t be very good at blocking outside noise.

There's a new PSVR deal this week:

CastleStorm VR Edition - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

The existing deals:

Ace Banana - $2.99 - 80% Off - $1.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Ancient Amuletor - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Apollo 11 VR - $7.19 - 40% Off - Ends 1/31

Archangel - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.09 - 43% Off - Ends 1/16

ATV Drift & Tricks - $19.99 - 20% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Battlezone - $19.99 - 50% Off - $13.59 - 66% Off - Ends 1/16

Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

CastleStorm VR Edition - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Don’t Knock Twice - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Dying: Reborn - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Heroes of the Seven Seas - $4.89 - 30% Off - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Light Tracer - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 1/16

Manifest 99 - $4.19 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16

Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Moto Racer 4 - $15.99 - 60% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $3.99 - 80% Off - $1.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Raw Data - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16

Sneaky Bears - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Soul Dimension - $3.49 - 30% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Sparc - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Sports Bar VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

Tekken 7 - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

Tekken 7 Deluxe Edition - $55.24 - 35% Off - $46.74 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16

Tethered - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Time Machine VR - $19.79 - 34% Off - $16.49 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16

Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $3.99 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

VR Ping Pong - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16

Weeping Doll - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

I know its not on sale.. but has anyone played Shooty Fruity? Looks like it would be fun/chaotic
I didn't buy it but I looked into it also and watched some gameplay videos. Even though it's a static/non-locomotion shooter, it looks pretty fun. I will probably get it when there is a decent sale on it, but not at full price. I got Brookhaven (another static shooter) finally when it went on sale and actually ended up not liking it very much though. I guess I just didn't like how you had to push a button to turn around 180 degrees and you had to keep turning back and forth to deal with them coming at you from both sides. You were also constantly having to worry about the creatures distance from you and how fast different ones moved. It felt a bit more like a strategy game than a shooter.

I know its not on sale.. but has anyone played Shooty Fruity? Looks like it would be fun/chaotic
I've got it and I love it. I've picked up a ton of VR games since getting mine in November and I keep coming back to this one. It is indeed frantic fun. I haven't beat all of the levels (just a few left), but I'd say there's a decent amount of content considering what some other $20 VR games get you. Good variety of weapons and enemies.

bread's done
Back