Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Some new deals for this week:

Ancient Amuletor - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/6

Chess Ultra - $7.79 - 40% Off - Ends 2/6

Pierhead Arcade - $12.74 - 15% Off - Ends 2/6

Tiny Trax - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/6

New Releases:

Out of Ammo - $14.99
Does anyone who played the new sale games have any opinions? :wave:

I ended up buying Arizona Sunshine, Apollo 11, and Thumper on sale with the 10% coupon. I just got hit with the flu, so I don't see myself booting them up any time soon. I don't know if I've built up my VR stamina enough yet for Arizona Sunshine, but the reviews posted here have me intrigued to play it.

I ended up finding a complete copy of Job Simulator at GS the other day. It is worth it to just keep checking inventory often to see if one pops up in your area.

I already own it, but I visited a Walmart today that supposedly had 5 copies of Robinson. No luck. They couldn't find it anywhere. They wouldn't look in the back stock room. It is weird that the 3 GS stores around that walmart all have Robinson in stock preowned. No stores within 50 miles had it when I looked during the last B2G1. No other stores around me except those 3 have them in stock now. I suppose it's possible someone stole 5 copies from Walmart and traded them in to GS. Or it's just a weird coincidence. That's just a really odd thing to shoplift. Walmart inventory is just fuck ing crap probably

Why wouldn't you have PS+ though?
I still own two physical PS+ cards, one 12 month and one three month. I haven't had PS+ active in almost a year. The last time I redeemed one was to play online with a friend for trophies before the game company shut their servers down. I used to play online often, now I never do.

Hell, I still own about two years of XBL cards and I haven't turned an xbox on in over five years.

I ended up buying Arizona Sunshine, Apollo 11, and Thumper on sale with the 10% coupon. I just got hit with the flu, so I don't see myself booting them up any time soon. I don't know if I've built up my VR stamina enough yet for Arizona Sunshine, but the reviews posted here have me intrigued to play it.

I ended up finding a complete copy of Job Simulator at GS the other day. It is worth it to just keep checking inventory often to see if one pops up in your area.

I already own it, but I visited a Walmart today that supposedly had 5 copies of Robinson. No luck. They couldn't find it anywhere. They wouldn't look in the back stock room. It is weird that the 3 GS stores around that walmart all have Robinson in stock preowned. No stores within 50 miles had it when I looked during the last B2G1. No other stores around me except those 3 have them in stock now. I suppose it's possible someone stole 5 copies from Walmart and traded them in to GS. Or it's just a weird coincidence. That's just a really odd thing to shoplift. Walmart inventory is just fuck ing crap probably
Heh, I bought Apollo 11, too. Not sure when I’ll feel like playing it, but it’ll be there waiting for me when I do.

How much did you get Job Simulator for? Was it brand new in the shrink wrap? Did it actually show up as “in stock” online?

Seems like three of us have Walmarts around us that claim 5 copies, yet no one has been able to find one. Which leads me to believe we all live close to each other and must be going to the same store. :razz:

Anyone play Pierhead arcade? It kind of looks like a Wii Sports in VR. It looks like a game I could play with my 4 year old. I’d like to hear if it’s any good before i spend the $ though.

I still own two physical PS+ cards, one 12 month and one three month. I haven't had PS+ active in almost a year. The last time I redeemed one was to play online with a friend for trophies before the game company shut their servers down. I used to play online often, now I never do.

Hell, I still own about two years of XBL cards and I haven't turned an xbox on in over five years.
I can understand that. I was going to let my Xbox Live expire in March but got on that Amazon deal a few weeks ago and now I am good until August I believe, but I haven't played my Xbox One in quite some time outside of Cuphead offline. I play don't play online too often myself, but I play enough on PS4 to warrant the subscription with Destiny 2 and now Monster Hunter World I have been playing online more often recently.

I wouldn't jump on the black helicopter. Theft happens but the likeliness of 5 copies all going that same route are pretty slim. It's far more likely just Walmarts shitty inventory keeping.

Just to ask. Why you didn't like everybody's golf?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Just to add to everyone's thoughts, I'm ok with it being a departure from HSG. I don't mind the leveling mechanics since I plan to play the heck out of it and everything will come in time.

My biggest disappointment is with the local multiplayer, only one local user can play and level up their character, based on who's account you're logged into. Everyone else has to play with a stand in. So you have to play alone or online to level your character. Very counter productive for a couch co-op game. I know not everyone plays locally but we do so that diminishes the overall value for my house.

Just to add to everyone's thoughts, I'm ok with it being a departure from HSG. I don't mind the leveling mechanics since I plan to play the heck out of it and everything will come in time.

My biggest disappointment is with the local multiplayer, only one local user can play and level up their character, based on who's account you're logged into. Everyone else has to play with a stand in. So you have to play alone or online to level your character. Very counter productive for a couch co-op game. I know not everyone plays locally but we do so that diminishes the overall value for my house.
That is my only real gripe with Everybody's Golf as well. My Dad enjoys playing the game when he comes over to my house.

Thanks for the reminder to check for Job Simulator at GS. I checked when i got in to work this morning and got lucky that there was a copy .4 miles away. Picked it up when the store opened and it was a complete copy in great condition.

Apparently someone had it ordered to that store from another store, but hadn't come to pick it up yet. Just a heads up in case anyone else wants to try and have the game ordered to their local store.

Thanks for the reminder to check for Job Simulator at GS. I checked when i got in to work this morning and got lucky that there was a copy .4 miles away. Picked it up when the store opened and it was a complete copy in great condition.

Apparently someone had it ordered to that store from another store, but hadn't come to pick it up yet. Just a heads up in case anyone else wants to try and have the game ordered to their local store.
So hold up - you can go to GS and they can order you copies of games they don't have in store?

So hold up - you can go to GS and they can order you copies of games they don't have in store?
Yeah, i was surprised too, but the associate told me that was how the game ended up at that store. I asked if they had a copy of N.E.R.O. that they could order and ship to the store as well, and she went ahead and ordered it. It will be there in 2 days and I can pick it up when it arrives.

YMMV i guess.

Edit: She mentioned at least twice that she is really hoping for the store to become a Prestige store, and to make sure to leave feedback, which I did. Maybe this is why she did it.

Yeah, i was surprised too, but the associate told me that was how the game ended up at that store. I asked if they had a copy of N.E.R.O. that they could order and ship to the store as well, and she went ahead and ordered it. It will be there in 2 days and I can pick it up when it arrives.

YMMV i guess.

Edit: She mentioned at least twice that she is really hoping for the store to become a Prestige store, and to make sure to leave feedback, which I did. Maybe this is why she did it.
Interesting. That is good to know for the future if there are any other games that are cheap there but never in stock.

YMMV i guess.
I've really been getting the shitty end of the deal lately. No dice from Walmart or Gamestop. When I called earlier, GS told me they can only order games if it's "in stock" on the website, otherwise their warehouse doesn't hold any inventory. My rebuttal that "some guy on the internet told me that you can order it" wasn't very impressive. fucking sucks.

There's a new update for Skyrim VR:

Skyrim on PSVR Update 1.03 Patch Notes

New Features

• Added option for player camera height adjustment
  • Added option to adjust movement speed using direct movement with the PS Move Controllers
  • Option for crosshair when using PS Move Controllers added to VR settings menu
  • Crosshairs when using PS Move Controllers are now only visible when casting
Bug Fixes

• Fixed issues with left hand mode
  • Fixed issues where perks could be used before they were unlocked
  • Fixed Eagle Eye perk not working with crossbows
  • Fixes for the “Telekinesis” spell
  • Other bug fixes
https://bethesda.net/en/devnote/2KmkNvLMgggkqQg8yUe2U0/skyrim-psvr-update-1.03-patch-notes

So I finally booted up Farpoint and I've got to agree with the consensus on this; it's pretty freaking amazing. Holding the gun feels so natural and gameplay hasn't made me sick at all (yet). It's definitely a game to play standing up because you need to be able to turn pretty quickly, otherwise you'll end up moving forward at an angle. I played for a couple of hours but had to take a break because my hand was hurting from gripping the gun so hard (also: I just looked down at my hand and it's bleeding). Do all the enemies in this game really have to be giant fucking spiders with teeth that jump out at your face? Are you fucking kidding me? My skin is crawling!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/959063972686258176
I was just watching gameplay of this game, and I don't know how I feel about now being able to free move. It looks like you basically point to a limited amount of predetermined spots and then it runs in 3rd person there, and it's back to FPS view to gun fight.

Well, I beat the Farpoint campaign. Things got sad really quickly from where I left off, although the ending seemed pretty open-ended (or am I missing something?). Despite earlier claims of 3-4 hours of gameplay, I probably got a total 6-7 out of it due to suckage. Anyone tried the multiplayer? I played a couple of the Cryo Pack levels in Challenge mode, but not sure if I want to do Co-op if it's just me and one other player (since I feel like I'll bring them down). Is there an actual story to the DLC or is it the same as the Challenge levels?

I was just watching gameplay of this game, and I don't know how I feel about now being able to free move. It looks like you basically point to a limited amount of predetermined spots and then it runs in 3rd person there, and it's back to FPS view to gun fight.
At least there's another game coming out that's compatible with the Aim. Bringing the grand total to 10.

(Next up for me: Arizona Sunshine with the Aim controller!)

It's essentially time crisis with a little more control. On the upside this is the same studio that made Rush of Blood which makes me think they have good inside in what to put in a shooter. On the other hand, The Inpatient is such an underdeveloped game I fear Bravo Team might be just as lean on features, content, and replay value.

Well, I beat the Farpoint campaign. Things got sad really quickly from where I left off, although the ending seemed pretty open-ended (or am I missing something?). Despite earlier claims of 3-4 hours of gameplay, I probably got a total 6-7 out of it due to suckage. Anyone tried the multiplayer? I played a couple of the Cryo Pack levels in Challenge mode, but not sure if I want to do Co-op if it's just me and one other player (since I feel like I'll bring them down). Is there an actual story to the DLC or is it the same as the Challenge levels?

At least there's another game coming out that's compatible with the Aim. Bringing the grand total to 10.

(Next up for me: Arizona Sunshine with the Aim controller!)
What are the 10 games? Curious if this is worth getting or not.

It's essentially time crisis...
Now there’s a great idea! I hope there is a resurgence of arcade style light gun games thanks to VR. I’ve missed them ever since CRT televisions went away. Can you imagine: Time Crisis VR, Silent Scope VR, Vampire Nihht VR, Crisis Zone VR, HOUSE OF THE DEAD VR!?

I know the wii had some light gun games but, meh. I think they could really shine in VR with the aim controller.

I love rail shooters and if that's how Bravo Team feels, I'll probably buy it. Free movemement is cool for FPS and such but an on-rails type thing like Rush of Blood is fine with me as well. In fact I'd love to see a VR Time Crisis or House of the Dead. 

I just finished Arizona Sunshine. Despite being an exceptionally great game, it did feel like a huge step down from Farpoint in terms of design and polish. In particular, I found it glitchy as hell; I would often teleport into nothingness or get locked up in the environment. It even self-destructed me a few times and checkpoints aren't given generously. The controls especially took a lot of getting used to; teleporting around did not feel very fluid with the Aim at first (although by the end, I was zipping around like nothing). However, the variation of gunplay in the game makes up for its flaws and there is no shortage of ammunition, which is pretty refreshing in a shooter. The scope worked out pretty well too. There is definitely a varied environment and it's an involving campaign (it took me a solid 5-6 hours). I did find the voice work a bit annoying until I started getting into the character's mindset and sharing his delirium. Also, while I found the ending of Farpoint open-ended, I think this one was a little too clean-cut. I was waiting for a final twist that never came. All in all, it was really fun -- I just wish I played it before Farpoint because that spoiled me in a lot of ways.

Note: I started getting the VR sweats at the beginning of the game -- although I attribute that more as a physiological response to the titular heat; that's what I explain for drenching my T-shirt anyway. It's scary how powerful the mind is.

I just swung by a GameStop when I ate lunch and asked them about ordering stuff that isn't in stock and she said she hasn't heard of that before.  If they don't have it in store they basically check if it's available online to order, for both new and preowned stuff.  So either that guy got extremely lucky or there are just different stores that can do different stuff.

Can't people do website orders in the store? Sounds like someone did that and the stock just happened to come from another store to pickup at theirs.

I just swung by a GameStop when I ate lunch and asked them about ordering stuff that isn't in stock and she said she hasn't heard of that before. If they don't have it in store they basically check if it's available online to order, for both new and preowned stuff. So either that guy got extremely lucky or there are just different stores that can do different stuff.
I think we need to ask mrliquid to put in an order for us. 10 copies of Job Simulator and Robinson Journey to cover everyone on this thread.

Just picked up a copy of Job Simulator used at Gamestop. I had been checking the website and one finally popped up on Wednesday. They were able to hold it for me for 48hs which would up being just enough time. The store was over an hour away but I had a dr appointment on that side of town today so it worked out

So just to keep checking and you might find one

Stores ask (request) items from other stores to transfer over to them. Some do transfer but most don't because they do not want to give a sale to another store. Don't bother asking for the latest games aside from older/obscure games, it shouldnt be much of a problem. I got a Catherine collectors edition by asking my store.

If you call yourself Inception, I better be doing VR shit bouncing around in a spinning corridor, and not taking "interactive tours of beautiful art galleries and exhibitions"
Inception would have been a brilliant theme to build an experience around. Instead we get another shitty VR video app? I'm looking at the screenshots and nothing stands out...EXCEPT that Playboy Mansion VR Tour. Though I'm going to bet all my money and my house that there isn't going to be a single bared breast contained within the whole affair.

Finally finished RE7 tonight. Such an incredible game. I'm sad to see it's done but now I can move onto my backlog.
You survived it! I'm still checking eBay daily to find any good deals on the Gold Edition. Speaking of which, I just received my Eagle Flight copy today, so that's my Friday night.

Yeah RE7 was really good.  Now that I'm done I put some time into Farpoint tonight.

And holy shit!  This game is incredible.  I can't believe how natural the gun feels for this game.  It got really intense really quickly too and it's not easy, which is good.  It reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers so far as far as the enemies and stuff.  I really really like it.  I started over tonight since a friend played my campaign for like 45 minutes last weekend after I had played like 30 minutes, but I got to the part I was at before very quickly.  Like RIGHT after that (when you get the shotgun) it gets really intense.

I just finished Arizona Sunshine. Despite being an exceptionally great game, it did feel like a huge step down from Farpoint in terms of design and polish. In particular, I found it glitchy as hell; I would often teleport into nothingness or get locked up in the environment. It even self-destructed me a few times and checkpoints aren't given generously. The controls especially took a lot of getting used to; teleporting around did not feel very fluid with the Aim at first (although by the end, I was zipping around like nothing). However, the variation of gunplay in the game makes up for its flaws and there is no shortage of ammunition, which is pretty refreshing in a shooter. The scope worked out pretty well too. There is definitely a varied environment and it's an involving campaign (it took me a solid 5-6 hours). I did find the voice work a bit annoying until I started getting into the character's mindset and sharing his delirium. Also, while I found the ending of Farpoint open-ended, I think this one was a little too clean-cut. I was waiting for a final twist that never came. All in all, it was really fun -- I just wish I played it before Farpoint because that spoiled me in a lot of ways.

Note: I started getting the VR sweats at the beginning of the game -- although I attribute that more as a physiological response to the titular heat; that's what I explain for drenching my T-shirt anyway. It's scary how powerful the mind is.

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, or not, but you can change the control scheme in the settings from teleportation to full locomotion. You can do the same for segmented turning up to smooth. Warning though...smooth was fine for me down in the mines area, but as soon as I was back on the surface with bright sunlight...it made me have the "I'm gonna get sick." feeling. I haven't had time to play VR games in awhile though, so maybe it was from the quick switch from a dark area to a light area. Hopefully I get a chance to test it out over the weekend along with some more time with The Inpatient and Far Point.

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, or not, but you can change the control scheme in the settings from teleportation to full locomotion. You can do the same for segmented turning up to smooth. Warning though...smooth was fine for me down in the mines area, but as soon as I was back on the surface with bright sunlight...it made me have the "I'm gonna get sick." feeling. I haven't had time to play VR games in awhile though, so maybe it was from the quick switch from a dark area to a light area. Hopefully I get a chance to test it out over the weekend along with some more time with The Inpatient and Far Point.
Like an idiot, I figured out you could change it to full locomotion AFTER I finished the game. I started playing some of the Horde levels and decided to test it out. I can deal with the normal movement back and forth, but the smooth segmented turning is AWFUL. It might just be because I have a regular PS4 and not the Pro (you can see every frame moving throughout), but it made me nauseous almost immediately.

By the way, has anyone tried Undead Valley in Horde mode? It seems like it actually has a goal. There are several keys you can collect and an exit to find. I haven't been able to beat it yet because it's WAY too damn hard and there are too many fast zombies attacking me. I feel like I can't move on from this game until I complete that stage and it's pissing me off.

EDIT: Okay, two hours later, I finally managed to get outside and use all the keys but now I've reached a "dead end" (get it?). There's not a second to even think let alone explore any further with the amount of respawning enemies in this level. I think I've had enough. Time to relax and soar high above the skies of Paris.

Anyone here play Ultra Wings? I’m considering getting that and Lost Bear with the 20% off coupon. Ultra Wings gets a ton of praise on Reddit, but I’m a little worried about motion sickness.

Yeah RE7 was really good. Now that I'm done I put some time into Farpoint tonight.

And holy shit! This game is incredible. I can't believe how natural the gun feels for this game. It got really intense really quickly too and it's not easy, which is good. It reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers so far as far as the enemies and stuff. I really really like it. I started over tonight since a friend played my campaign for like 45 minutes last weekend after I had played like 30 minutes, but I got to the part I was at before very quickly. Like RIGHT after that (when you get the shotgun) it gets really intense.
Starship troopers was the first thing that came to mind also.
Still my #1 PSVR title

So I started Farpoint today using the Aim controller. So far it’s very good, I too just got past the part where you pick up the shotgun. It’s definitely not an easy game. This is the first game where I felt some of the light headedness that some people have mentioned. It was about 60-75 minutes in and I had to shut it down rather quickly. I figure since this was my longest single gaming session in VR and I was going with the smooth movement rather than teleporting like on Arizona Sunshine that I’ll just need to ease myself into the whole VR experience a little longer each time. I can’t wait to jump back in and see what happens. It’s pretty incredible.

So Eagle Flight was certainly...unique. There was a bit of a learning curve (literally) and waves of nausea washed over me at times but for the most part it was interesting. I'm actually surprised all the free flight movement didn't make me even more sick (I was able to complete the story in a couple of sittings). Basically you use your head to steer yourself, tilt your head in order to turn, R2 to speed up, L2 to "brake" and you can "screech" to attack enemies. What you're essentially doing are time-sensitive speed trials and earning between 1-3 stars for each successful mission. It feels a lot like VR Luge in the air, so if that game made you susceptible to vomiting, you're probably going to have a rough go at this. Visually it's pleasant enough (the art style is bright and colorful), although after awhile everything starts looking the same. Also, I didn't realize this was an alternate version of Paris where nature has reclaimed everything and animals roam free throughout the city. That's actually pretty cool to observe wildlife and kind of erased bad memories of Virry VR: Feel the Wild.

Note that this is one of those games where it's near impossible to get the platinum (0.1%), so I won't even waste my time with trophies. It feels like beside the point anyway. I wish it wasn't so hyper-centered around racing through rings and beating records because I feel like I didn't really get to enjoy the actual flight and observation of the city. My favorite parts were where you would simply follow another eagle and get to enjoy views of the landscape. Any time you're doing challenges, you're just razor-focused on the goal and trying to avoid obstacles. Also, crashing in this game is very easy and it's so very JARRING. Smash cut to black along with a thud and hard vibration. Every time it happened, I found myself groaning audibly (which probably attributed most to that sick feeling in my stomach). So, I don't know...it's hard for me to recommend, but if you're able to nab it for $12-13 (or less), you might as well give it a try.

***​

By the way, with this week's 20% off coupon, now might be the time to take advantage of some titles that never get sales. You could get Job Simulator for $16 or Superhot VR for $20. I'm thinking about taking one for the team and purchasing a couple of $5-10 licensed titles I've been interested in (Justice League, The Martian, Passengers). Might even go all in for The Lost Bear which would come out to 10 bucks and change. The sky's (or the wallet's) the limit.

I don't feel like adding to that huge post above, so I just want to say you can pre-order Bravo Team at Newegg for $34.99. 

Also, I'm thinking about jumping into Werewolves Within next. Can anyone teach me how to play? I watched the in-game tutorial, but I don't know any of the button functions or role strategies and I'm deathly afraid of stranger interaction. I'd rather deal with those fucking jumping spiders from Farpoint again.

I decided not to bother with Eagle Flight after seeing gameplay videos.  I don't really have interest in controlling it with my head movement.

I think you made the right decision. I will say though that it felt natural and intuitive after awhile. I liked it better than I liked VR Luge (which isn't saying much).

So Eagle Flight was certainly...unique. There was a bit of a learning curve (literally) and waves of nausea washed over me at times but for the most part it was interesting. I'm actually surprised all the free flight movement didn't make me even more sick (I was able to complete the story in a couple of sittings). Basically you use your head to steer yourself, tilt your head in order to turn, R2 to speed up, L2 to "brake" and you can "screech" to attack enemies. What you're essentially doing are time-sensitive speed trials and earning between 1-3 stars for each successful mission. It feels a lot like VR Luge in the air, so if that game made you susceptible to vomiting, you're probably going to have a rough go at this. Visually it's pleasant enough (the art style is bright and colorful), although after awhile everything starts looking the same. Also, I didn't realize this was an alternate version of Paris where nature has reclaimed everything and animals roam free throughout the city. That's actually pretty cool to observe wildlife and kind of erased bad memories of Virry VR: Feel the Wild.

Note that this is one of those games where it's near impossible to get the platinum (0.1%), so I won't even waste my time with trophies. It feels like beside the point anyway. I wish it wasn't so hyper-centered around racing through rings and beating records because I feel like I didn't really get to enjoy the actual flight and observation of the city. My favorite parts were where you would simply follow another eagle and get to enjoy views of the landscape. Any time you're doing challenges, you're just razor-focused on the goal and trying to avoid obstacles. Also, crashing in this game is very easy and it's so very JARRING. Smash cut to black along with a thud and hard vibration. Every time it happened, I found myself groaning audibly (which probably attributed most to that sick feeling in my stomach). So, I don't know...it's hard for me to recommend, but if you're able to nab it for $12-13 (or less), you might as well give it a try.

***​

By the way, with this week's 20% off coupon, now might be the time to take advantage of some titles that never get sales. You could get Job Simulator for $16 or Superhot VR for $20. I'm thinking about taking one for the team and purchasing a couple of $5-10 licensed titles I've been interested in (Justice League, The Martian, Passengers). Might even go all in for The Lost Bear which would come out to 10 bucks and change. The sky's (or the wallet's) the limit.
DON’T waste your money on Justice League! I bought it to play with my 4 year old son who loves anything with Super Heroes. I figured it’s a handful of mini games, how bad could it be? Well, the answer is it’s terrible. None of them are fun, they all look terrible, the controls don’t work well, and a couple are really hard to stomach. Don’t waste your money on it.

bread's done
Back