Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
DON’T waste your money on Justice League! I bought it to play with my 4 year old son who loves anything with Super Heroes. I figured it’s a handful of mini games, how bad could it be? Well, the answer is it’s terrible. None of them are fun, they all look terrible, the controls don’t work well, and a couple are really hard to stomach. Don’t waste your money on it.
Thanks, bud. I will definitely save some cash from that. Sounds like the Superman 64 curse has still not been lifted after all these years.

I decided not to bother with Eagle Flight after seeing gameplay videos. I don't really have interest in controlling it with my head movement.
I think Eagle Flight is one of the most underrated, without playing, VR games. I think it's pretty good and using the head for controlling might be the best way to avoid nausea as the brain can actually actual sense your vision change is due to some motion.

I played a couple of hours of Werewolves Within. It feels like I'm really terrible at this game; unless I'm a Villager (or someone helpful) and telling the truth, I don't know how to bluff or play any of the Werewolf/Saint/Turncloak/Deviant roles. Especially when the room I was in would always do roll call and I would never know what to claim. It's a game where it's only as good as the people participating, and there were a couple of rough sorts in there (Saturday night). I don't regret my purchase and will continue to play every so often, but I don't think I love it as much as most people are saying.

Skyrim bundle + free VR Wolds $350, free shipping at Newegg with code BTEPRPU24

Doom VFR bundle + free VR Worlds $280, free shipping at Newegg with code BTEPRPU25

Does Star Trek Bridge Crew have much replay-ability?
It has a mission generator so yes but I didn't care for the game as a single player game. Apparently MP makes it substantially more fun and there's a small but dedicated community. It's pretty much go here, blow this up, save these people, etc. but with the micromanagement involved with flying a spaceship.

For those still playing the Horde mode on Arizona Sunshine, the easiest way I found to get the 600 kills trophy is to play the Canyon level and position yourself along the small wall just a couple feet below the table where the ammo respawns. What this does is allows you to put your back against a wall where you don't have to deal with zombies behind you, because the ones that do come from behind you in that spot end up being forced to walk around the barrier to get to you and you can see them coming pretty easily. This way you can remain static and have more time to focus on headshots, while zombies are coming at you from only 3 directions instead of 4. Between waves, you can run over to the table and re-up on magazines or grab a burger from the grill before going back to the "spot' to defend yourself. I completed 30-something waves without trying to hard and got the trophy easily, I think I killed around 1,000 zombies before finally dying.  

Was looking for anyone that picked up Cold Iron.  If it goes on sale in the near future I plan on picking it up since the concept interests me and it looks like a pretty cool concept for VR.  Basically VR meets Wildwest with quick draws and stuff.  Was basically looking to see if anyone can give it a yeah or nah based on playtime.  Thanks in advance once again

Superhot and Arizona Sunshine are getting physical releases. Maybe I missed the post mentioning that but figured some of the people in this thread collecting physical might care.

Superhot and Arizona Sunshine are getting physical releases. Maybe I missed the post mentioning that but figured some of the people in this thread collecting physical might care.
Just googled and saw it was on the EU blog. I wonder if it's hitting retail in USA too.

I didn't notice that. I'd definitely pick up Superhot at some point.

Was looking for anyone that picked up Cold Iron. If it goes on sale in the near future I plan on picking it up since the concept interests me and it looks like a pretty cool concept for VR. Basically VR meets Wildwest with quick draws and stuff. Was basically looking to see if anyone can give it a yeah or nah based on playtime. Thanks in advance once again
Based on pictures on the internet, it looks cool. "Only" $20 too. Another opportunity to use that 20% off coupon.

No idea on the length, but my question is whether it's a static gallery shooter game or an actual adventure/exploration game (à la Arizona Sunshine).

Based on pictures on the internet, it looks cool. "Only" $20 too. Another opportunity to use that 20% off coupon.

No idea on the length, but my question is whether it's a static gallery shooter game or an actual adventure/exploration game (à la Arizona Sunshine).
I watched some video reviews and it looks to be static. Not really shooting gallery since it's 1v1. Each enemy is kind of a puzzle to figure out how to beat. It's a cool concept and looks fun, but I think it's only 4 or so 'worlds' with each having like 4 enemies. So super short and not sure there's much replay value.

Has anyone noticed bravo team preorder is $60 on best buys website, looks like retail price is $40. Thinking of preordering it through amazon to get 20% off. Was wanting that price through best buy so I can return it if the reviews are not good

I finished Job Simulator last night. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. The demo was so good and left me wanting more. But the game doesn’t really sustain its charm and humor throughout. They were right to have only released it for $20 new. The only reason that I don’t feel ripped off at $30 for a used copy is that it’s rare and has resale value.

That being said, it was fairly enjoyable. Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone thinking about paying eBay prices

I was just reading that Farpoint has some co-op online modes.  Has anyone tried these out?  Are they any good?  Can you play with randoms or do you need to set it up with friends outside of the game and all hop on?  I still have a ways to go in the game but damn I think co-op modes would be fun to play after.

Playing Farpoint right now, and I had to go lie down feeling nauseous in the middle of the second (?) level (right before you get the shotgun).  Which is weird because I didn't notice anything majorly obvious like when a camera suddenly swoops in a VR video and you're like ohhhhhh noooo.  It just kind of built up gradually here, I guess.  Is there a locomotion setting I should be using to reduce the motion sickness (I haven't changed any settings from default)?

Also, F those spider things, they keep making me jump whenever they lunge at my face.  Too real!

Playing Farpoint right now, and I had to go lie down feeling nauseous in the middle of the second (?) level (right before you get the shotgun). Which is weird because I didn't notice anything majorly obvious like when a camera suddenly swoops in a VR video and you're like ohhhhhh noooo. It just kind of built up gradually here, I guess. Is there a locomotion setting I should be using to reduce the motion sickness (I haven't changed any settings from default)?

Also, F those spider things, they keep making me jump whenever they lunge at my face. Too real!
Default controls I believe you can't even turn. I have mine to set "small increments" in turning. Then set the sensitivity to like 5 or 6. The "big increments" are weird because the screen fades every time you turn. I tried the smooth turning and there is this dot they put in the middle of the screen to help with the motion sickness feeling by focusing on it as you turn, but damn even at 1 the sensitivity is way too fast for me personally. I tried taking that dot off of the screen and turning and I definitely felt a little weird doing that. I wish they had even slower sensitivity though because Farpoint in general doesn't make me feel motion sick at all. I think I've just gotten a bit used to VR at this point too.

Default controls I believe you can't even turn. I have mine to set "small increments" in turning. Then set the sensitivity to like 5 or 6. The "big increments" are weird because the screen fades every time you turn. I tried the smooth turning and there is this dot they put in the middle of the screen to help with the motion sickness feeling by focusing on it as you turn, but damn even at 1 the sensitivity is way too fast for me personally. I tried taking that dot off of the screen and turning and I definitely felt a little weird doing that. I wish they had even slower sensitivity though because Farpoint in general doesn't make me feel motion sick at all. I think I've just gotten a bit used to VR at this point too.
Hm, sounds like changing the settings to allow turning would be even worse for me then, since I can't even handle it without turning right now, just walking forward/backward. I haven't played that many VR games, and the ones I have played were mostly stationary/teleporting, so maybe I just need to get better VR legs.

Unfortunately, from my successful initial testing I might have gotten overconfident, since I basically went all-in buying all the physical PSVR games for my backlog including the more intensive ones like RIGS and Driveclub. I'm afraid I might have gotten ahead of myself.

Do you guys have any recommendations for an HDMI switch that supports HDR? I have the model 1 PSVR, but I bought a 4K TV and am getting tired of getting behind my tv unplugging and plugging in hdmi cables to have HDR pass-through on normal ps4 games. The problem is that it's hard to get behind my tv and impossible to get behind my ps4 with the way everything is set up for space requirements. 

Having an HDMI switch that supports HDR would mean I wouldn't have to get behind the TV or PS4 or wear out those HDMI inputs anymore. I could just place the switch somewhere handy near the PSVR box to do it there. I need one anyway because I want to at least have a ps4 pro, xbox one x, 4k bluray player, and PC hooked up to a TV with only 3 hdmi inputs.

I have 3 kinivo 1080p 5 port hdmi switches that have worked well, so I'm leaning towards this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0756LQ6N6/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3FWRWID888T21&colid=188PZ8PE3L67P&psc=0

It doesn't have many reviews.

Hm, sounds like changing the settings to allow turning would be even worse for me then, since I can't even handle it without turning right now, just walking forward/backward. I haven't played that many VR games, and the ones I have played were mostly stationary/teleporting, so maybe I just need to get better VR legs.

Unfortunately, from my successful initial testing I might have gotten overconfident, since I basically went all-in buying all the physical PSVR games for my backlog including the more intensive ones like RIGS and Driveclub. I'm afraid I might have gotten ahead of myself.
Stationary games are probably your best bet for early VR stuff before jumping into locomotion games.

I feel like the beginning of RE7 made me feel dizzy a bit too but that was my first "real" PSVR game too so I probably just wasn't used to it.  I think it also had to do with the muddy textures and bad aliasing outside.  That just hurts the eyes a bit.  I also think that when it's brighter I noticed feeling dizzier so once you get into the house it's not nearly as bright.  But it definitely took me a bit to get used to.  

But damn RE7 was such an incredible game.  I'm sad I finished it last weekend, but now I'm onto Farpoint and loving it.

I finished Job Simulator last night. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed. The demo was so good and left me wanting more. But the game doesn’t really sustain its charm and humor throughout. They were right to have only released it for $20 new. The only reason that I don’t feel ripped off at $30 for a used copy is that it’s rare and has resale value.

That being said, it was fairly enjoyable. Just wanted to throw it out there for anyone thinking about paying eBay prices
I'm done with this fucking OCD physical collecting. I'm over it. I'm just going to use the 20% off coupon and get the digital version. I checked over on PSPrices and the lowest it's ever gone for is $16.49, so I won't feel so bad. However, if it goes on sale for even lower after this, I will kill myself.

Of course, the one I really wanted to get was The Brookhaven Experiment (since it's compatible with the Aim), but since it's been listed in the past for $9.99, I'm going to hold off indefinitely.

I was just reading that Farpoint has some co-op online modes. Has anyone tried these out? Are they any good? Can you play with randoms or do you need to set it up with friends outside of the game and all hop on? I still have a ways to go in the game but damn I think co-op modes would be fun to play after.
Good luck finding someone to play co-op with (same with Arizona Sunshine and Eagle Flight). Eventually I was forced to uninstall because I need the hard drive space.

I've noticed there are times when I'm more susceptible to feeling ill. Definitely don't play on an empty stomach or if you're grossly full. Also, make sure whatever room you're in is well-ventilated. If you have a fan, use it (I've had to take my shirt off during particularly intense scenarios). Make sure the room is proper dark too and there isn't any extra light peeking in through the sides. And I guess keep repeating to yourself, "It's only VR, it's only VR..."

For anyone who played Accounting+ in the past, there is a new level accessible in the King stage (look for the clues). It's labeled as the 'Waterpark' update, but of course being this game, it's very meta and extremely subversive. However, it appears to be a dead end; not sure if there's a solution to figure out there (there's an active Discord community working on it). I'll post my quick experience in spoiler tags.

So in the King stage, there is a poster telling you to take a pill. The only place I could think of a pill being hidden is inside the cereal boxes. Once you take it, you're taken to a new section with a conspiracy theorist trying to figure out how to access the hidden "Zoo" level (which at this point feels like a running gag at actively trolling the fans). There are a few things you can interact with in this level (TV, projector) and people have noticed a key out of reach (which doesn't seem possible to obtain), but the only way out is to take a red or blue pill (clear Matrix reference) hidden in the first aid. Problem is, both pills will take you to the next (normal) section with no further explanation; it doesn't seem to matter which one you take, unless there are far-reaching consequences that haven't been discovered yet. What I noticed is that the coin to enter the door (next to the jar of acid) is missing from that next stage (and also, the level where you stand trial doesn't make sense because you never murdered the King). I don't know if any of this is significant or just goofs. All I know is that with the 1.02 update, there aren't any further trophies to unlock (I already got the plat), so I'm not sure there's a point to any of it. Also, the new bundled theme is SUPPOSED to be free for previous owners of the game, but because of some error with the store, it's charging you for the entire bundle. Hopefully it will get fixed.

I tried out In the Cloud: VR Afterlife (free), and at first I thought it was a pretty cool standalone VR film, but it actually seems to be marketing materials for a Crackle original movie, "In the Cloud." Still, it's only a 5-minute experience and it's kind of fun while it lasts.

I also tried out the Inception VR app (not a movie tie-in) and I checked every available video and couldn't find the Playboy Mansion VR Exploration. So that was false flipping advertising.

Is the tracking any better in the full game than the demo? I found it pretty iffy in the demo.

I just randomly searched GameStop for Job Simulator and found a new copy right near me, however when I did the order online and pickup in store, it said they couldn't find it in store. Weak.

I just randomly searched GameStop for Job Simulator and found a new copy right near me, however when I did the order online and pickup in store, it said they couldn't find it in store. Weak.
I never found a new or used copy near me, but I did happen across this today. It says it's backordered, but still allows you to place an order to be shipped when stock is received. Jump on it now before the assholes get to it.

Here's the current stock list at GameStop according to my scanner

Pearl Plaza - Braintree, MA 02184 - PreOwned
Rutland Plaza - RUTLAND, VT 05701 - PreOwned
Shoppes at Greenbush - RENSSELAER, NY 12144 - PreOwned
Ocean Heights Shopng - SOMERS POINT, NJ 08244 - PreOwned
Federal Plaza - Rockville, MD 20852 - NEW
Douglasville Paviln - Douglasville, GA 30135 - PreOwned
Mall @ Fairfield Cmn - DAYTON, OH 45431 - PreOwned
Grant Line Center - NEW ALBANY, IN 47150 - PreOwned
Six Corners Plaza - Chicago, IL 60641 - PreOwned
Grand Hunt Center - Gurnee, IL 60031 - PreOwned
Elmwood Center - New Orleans, LA 70123 - PreOwned
Green Mount Commons - Belleville, IL 62221 - PreOwned
Belton Marketplace - Belton, MO 64012 - PreOwned
Ironwood Square - Couer D Alene, ID 83814 - PreOwned
SWM Lebanon Retail - Lebanon, OR 97355 - PreOwned
SWM Pony Village - North Bend, OR 97459 - NEW

Yeah it's one of those stores showing it as NEW in your list.  I tried again to do it online and got an error this time so I decided to just call.  The chick said that I probably got an error because she tried looking for it and couldn't find it.  

Anyone know what could cause it to be listed as in stock but then they can't find it in the store?

I actually tried to do in store pickup for the other place that had Job Simulator new and within 5 minutes got the email saying they couldn't hold it because they couldn't find it.  It's probably some error that happened if I had to guess.

Is the tracking any better in the full game than the demo? I found it pretty iffy in the demo.

There must have been a patch because it did seem to track better than the demo. Not perfect, but better.

I wonder if the GameStop employee knew about the eBay value of the game and “couldn’t” find it as a result

There must have been a patch because it did seem to track better than the demo. Not perfect, but better.

I wonder if the GameStop employee knew about the eBay value of the game and “couldn’t” find it as a result
probably, the used copy I got was being held at the store in their hold drawer but the girl working couldn't find any paperwork tied with the order (probably got stashed by an employee) so she said screw it and just sold it to me

Apparently Knockout League is releasing next week.  It's gonna be tough for me to resist buying it at launch, but I already have a backlog of games I need to get through before buying anything else.

I started to play Thumper tonight and I’m super into it. I think I paid $8 for it in a recent psn sale and it’s already proving to be well worth it. The sound design is superb and the art style is very cool and psychedelic. It feels like it took heavy inspiration from Rez and Frequency/Amplitude. There is a pretty decent length demo of it on the “demo disc 1”, which is available for free on psn.

And in regards to the V2 headset’s included earbuds, the game sounds great through them. I haven’t tried any other headphones or headset with my VR to compare because I don’t have any. But if you guys think the included earbuds suck, I can’t imagine how amazing it might sound through a good headset

bread's done
Back