Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to pick up Robinson: The Journey at Gamestop with some certificates. I’ve heard horror stories of this game making people motion sick. What’s the consensus here?

I decided to pick up Robinson: The Journey at Gamestop with some certificates. I’ve heard horror stories of this game making people motion sick. What’s the consensus here?
Not a huge problem here plus they have numerous movement options at this point. I'll still probably go back and plat it eventually. That said it did hit me after about an hour.

I played Robinson when I first got PSVR and it got me so sick that I had to stop playing, then I was dizzy and nauseous for the rest of that day.

That was over a year ago so maybe I could handle it better now, but I've been afraid to go back.

I played Robinson when I first got PSVR and it got me so sick that I had to stop playing, then I was dizzy and nauseous for the rest of that day.

That was over a year ago so maybe I could handle it better now, but I've been afraid to go back.
This sounds exactly like me. I'm scared to try it again as well.

I picked up that game on sale months after its release. I enjoyed it way more than I expected and it did not make me sick. Most games do not though at this point.

GameStop are the biggest bunch of assholes on the planet.

Okay, so a user on this thread suggested getting the PRE-OWNED Job Simulator anyway, even though the new is listed as $19.99 and used as $29.99, and then flip it on eBay later for a substantial mark-up. When I went to go buy RE7 earlier this week, I asked if they could have the pre-owned shipped from another store (30+ miles away) to their store. Somehow, the other store allowed it, which was cool. So far, so good, right? They call me in today saying that they received the shipment; I go there, the copy is in great condition, almost new (sans plastic wrapper). And then I see a shiny new (pre-owned) sticker affixed to the front.

$34.99.

Dafuck?

I had to do a double take. I told them, WAIT, when I placed my "order" for it on Tuesday, it was $29.99. I swear it was. I then checked the GameStop website on my phone just to be sure, and sure enough, it's now listed as $34.99.

I was pissed. However, the Asian girl behind the desk was cute and intimidating and I didn't want to come off too cheap in front of the opposite sex. (roll eyes) I went ahead and paid for it anyway, completely obliterating the profit I made on a game I just sold. Whatever.

I get home and check the website again. Then I check Wayback Machine. There was a snapshot from just 4 days prior, Feb. 26.

$29.99

So I wasn't fucking crazy. They just fucked me up the asshole. 

By the way, they told me that if I were to sell the game back to them, they would then mark it as lower than the "New" price. Apparently the stores have "no control" over the pre-owned prices that were marked before (even though this just got marked up literally as soon as I picked it up).

So I peeled off the "new looking" $34.99 sticker, and underneath was a $19.99 new sticker.

thumbnail.jpg

It was definitely a brand new copy, marked up. There wasn't even a pre-owned $29.99 sticker underneath, it was just the $34.99 affixed over the new. Shady as fuuu

Yeah. On the bright side, it's a new copy! I've carefully removed the tags and now everything is immaculate. It's cheaper than I could have gotten anywhere else (aside from digital), and I'll probably be able to sell it for a really good deal. But still, if I had gotten it for the correct price of $19.99, I definitely would've kept it. Now I have no choice but to sell it after I plat it.

If you get a non-Skyrim bundle lemme know. I'll sell you sealed Skyrim for $30 shipped if you want. I've had it since the launch of the bundle. Lemme know if interested.
i'm more interested in not paying $100 for the stupid move controllers. I had some for the ps3 and the batteries died within a year

I knew GS was doing that... typical of them. Pretty much why I just decided to grab job simulator digital when it’s on sale next, screw their BS.

Gamestop "clearances" games from New -> Used occasionally if the game isn't selling. Job Simulator was one of those, and it happened a long time ago. Usually, the game ends up being cheaper when this happens, but the price for Job Simulator obviously skyrocketed over time since it was under produced. GS has always increased prices on preowned games due to market value so no surprise there

That probably explains all of the shady shit I experienced at the GameStop near me that had Job SImulator in stock as new.  I honestly don't even really want the game but at $20 I'd buy it lol.  Plus I have this thing that when things are hard to get, it makes me want to get it just because.  Happens with other stuff not just games too. 

I thought the demo was neat but the tracking was pretty fucking bad.

On another note, I just preordered Bravo Team from Amazon and plan on opening it unless reviews are god awful, so I'll give some impressions on Tuesday.  I should be done with Moss by then pretty easily.  I think I have like less than an hour left and I'm extremely sad that it's going to end.  I wish that game was like 20 hours long.

I’ve played some of Tumble and I had a blast. It has elements of Tetris, Portal 2, and boom blox. Not bad for the $2.99 it was last week.

The new to used price increase on Job Simulator is some kind of crap.

The only thing worse I can think of is that I sold my sealed copy for $90 on eBay and USPS apparently lost it, so I was forced to refund the buyer.

At least I only paid $10 for it at Target, so I don't feel too bad. Since I used Priority Mail, I'm hoping I can at least get $50 back from the insurance.

The only thing worse I can think of is that I sold my sealed copy for $90 on eBay and USPS apparently lost it, so I was forced to refund the buyer.
Oof. That does suck.

I got off the phone with GameStop support. They were able to offer me a $5 credit since the price change apparently occurred between the time I reserved it and the time I paid for it. I guess that's something, but I don't really frequent GameStop that often so I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it. I might put it towards a pre-order for Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality. Anyone think the value will climb once the Collector's Edition goes out of stock? I tried that trick once with a Collector's Edition of Uncharted 3...didn't go up in value and I'm still stuck with it.

After picking up The Inpatient, Job Simulator, Robinson: The Journey, Resident Evil Biohazard: Gold and gorging on digital PSVR sales last week, I think I'm pretty much caught up on everything I want, VR-wise. Just need to wait for Moss and Bravo Team to coast under $20 and I'll be all good. :roll:

I watched a 3D bluray of 300: Rise of an Empire with PSVR. The depth into the screen is nice, but nothing really came out of the screen. And I'm sure when things were pointed directly at the camera they were meant to come out towards the viewer. Still, with the large picture output it looked pretty cool.

It's not going to make me rush to get more 3D blurays, but I'll keep a look out for cheap ones.

I watched a 3D bluray of 300: Rise of an Empire with PSVR. The depth into the screen is nice, but nothing really came out of the screen. And I'm sure when things were pointed directly at the camera they were meant to come out towards the viewer. Still, with the large picture output it looked pretty cool.

It's not going to make me rush to get more 3D blurays, but I'll keep a look out for cheap ones.
One of my favorite 3D movies is Tron:Legacy. That one should be pretty cheap, but so many VR games make you feel like you’re in that world anyway. But don’t judge 3D movies with 300, as there are better ones out there.

What deal did you find on The Inpatient?
Random eBay auction. Almost got a new copy for $19.99 but there was a bidding war in the last 10 seconds and it “skyrocketed” to $24, shipped. Still, it’s been on my priority list since release date (I can’t tell you how many auctions I’ve lost in those last 10 seconds), so I intend to jump into it as soon as I receive.

Does anyone know if the "Protector of the Realm" trophy in Moss means beat the entire game without dying or if it just means beat the final level without dying?

Random eBay auction. Almost got a new copy for $19.99 but there was a bidding war in the last 10 seconds and it “skyrocketed” to $24, shipped. Still, it’s been on my priority list since release date (I can’t tell you how many auctions I’ve lost in those last 10 seconds), so I intend to jump into it as soon as I receive.
Such a disappointing game. I loved Until Dawn and RoB so I was really excited for The Inpatient. I wish I waited, it’s absolutely not worth the $32 GCU price tag. It should be closer to $15 imo.

One of my favorite 3D movies is Tron:Legacy. That one should be pretty cheap, but so many VR games make you feel like you’re in that world anyway. But don’t judge 3D movies with 300, as there are better ones out there.
No disney 3D movie is cheap and tron legacy is no exception. But there are still a bunch of 3D movies at bestbuy that they seem to be clearancing out at around $10 lately, including terminator genysis, top gun, a bunch of others.

I just beat Moss start to finish in one sitting without dieing trying to get that final trophy, but at one point the game glitched (near the end) because I moved before a "cutscene" thing happened, and it made my character disappear, and after that the level reloaded.  And because of that I guess it meant I died because I got no damn trophy lol.

But man, once you know what to do in the game, and basically just speed run it, it's really short.  Like I beat it last night, then started over to collect everything and beat it again this morning, then I did the play through just now and that one took me like 45-50 minutes.  But I wasn't searching for anything and knew how to solve all the puzzles.  Game owns though I'm probably gonna beat it tonight and make sure not to glitch it out so that I can get the trophy.

I was referring to the people here, not the general reviews, but thanks.
It's a short game, but it's incredible. If $30 is worth 3.5-4 hours to you on the first play through, then yeah. I've already played through it 3x and plan on doing it at least 1 more time without dying so I can get the final trophy. After that I may visit it every now and then just because it's so awesome and the world is amazing, but it will suck to play it without any kind of purpose.

It's a short game, but it's incredible. If $30 is worth 3.5-4 hours to you on the first play through, then yeah. I've already played through it 3x and plan on doing it at least 1 more time without dying so I can get the final trophy. After that I may visit it every now and then just because it's so awesome and the world is amazing, but it will suck to play it without any kind of purpose.
3-4 hours is fine for $30 imo, as long as it’s great. I was afraid it was much shorter. Thanks

3-4 hours is fine for $30 imo, as long as it’s great. I was afraid it was much shorter. Thanks
Yeah if you explore and look for all the collectibles, watch the cutscenes, and just take it all in, you can easily hit the 4 hour mark on the first play through. The game is a masterpiece though. The way they created Quill and how "real" she feels, and just the whole level design being like a diorama that you can physically look through, it's just incredible.

Ahhh I found a new PSVR Skyrim bundle at a local discount store for $250 out the door. Already have a Vive, picked it up anyway. Not sure if I'll keep it or return it. I don't necessarily need another VR headset but at that price I couldn't say no :/

Ahhh I found a new PSVR Skyrim bundle at a local discount store for $250 out the door. Already have a Vive, picked it up anyway. Not sure if I'll keep it or return it. I don't necessarily need another VR headset but at that price I couldn't say no :/
If i were you, I wouldnt take it back. Wait till sale is over, then sell it for $375 or so on fb marketplace

Feel free to hit me up after you are done with it. I'll buy it for $300

So I just beat Moss start to finish without dying and timed it to see how long it would take and it took exactly 60 minutes.  Got the platinum though!

Personally, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale. It'll go on sale eventually and it will save me a lot of money. Even if it's worth $30, it'll be worth it even more at $15.
As a CAG, even a $1 discount makes it that much sweeter. I don't think a sale will be coming anytime soon (especially since it's a critically-acclaimed title that was prominently featured on the demo disc), but the next 20% off coupon would be a good opportunity to snag it for $24.

Not sure if mentioned but Inpatient dropped in price on Amazon to $30.00, cheaper used through warehouse but "acceptable" for 24.79.

https://www.amazon.com/Inpatient-PlayStation-VR-4/dp/B072JYQKP3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520200975&sr=8-1&keywords=inpatient
God damn it. That makes my latest "victory" seem that less impressive. I bet I could have nabbed it even cheaper if I waited one more week. *sigh*

As a CAG, even a $1 discount makes it that much sweeter. I don't think a sale will be coming anytime soon (especially since it's a critically-acclaimed title that was prominently featured on the demo disc), but the next 20% off coupon would be a good opportunity to snag it for $24.

God damn it. That makes my latest "victory" seem that less impressive. I bet I could have nabbed it even cheaper if I waited one more week. *sigh*
Anything over $15 is too much for The Inpatient, imo. I was really excited for it since I loved Untill Dawn and RoB, but buying it at launch was a mistake.

I bought that IBIS hdmi switch people recommend for users with the old PSVR who want HDR passthrough. 

https://sewelldirect.com/ibis-4k-hdmi-switch-box-2x1-white

The HDMI cables that came with the PS4 Pro, the PSVR, The Xbox one X, and Amazonbasics 4k branded ones aren't working. Does anyone with that switch have HDMI cables to recommend? 

The cables on the sewell website are $10+shipping. The rocketfish cables were recommended by one amazon review, but they are $29.99 each. Some people say monoprice cables work and some people say monoprice cables don't work. I don't know which monoprice ones to buy. 

I'm thinking of gambling $14 on two of these, but I'm not sure https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCGKBWC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I bought that IBIS hdmi switch people recommend for users with the old PSVR who want HDR passthrough.

https://sewelldirect.com/ibis-4k-hdmi-switch-box-2x1-white

The HDMI cables that came with the PS4 Pro, the PSVR, The Xbox one X, and Amazonbasics 4k branded ones aren't working. Does anyone with that switch have HDMI cables to recommend?

The cables on the sewell website are $10+shipping. The rocketfish cables were recommended by one amazon review, but they are $29.99 each. Some people say monoprice cables work and some people say monoprice cables don't work. I don't know which monoprice ones to buy.

I'm thinking of gambling $14 on two of these, but I'm not sure https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCGKBWC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I just bought an HDMI Switch for my PS4Pro and PSVR. I actually bought the Huierav HDMI 2.0 AB Switch, but I know the IBIS works well too. I did a ton of research and I have had to do a few tweaks in my setup, but I think I have a few tips that will help get yours working right.

1. Make sure your IBIS Switch is the White One, the Black One will not do what you are wanting.

2. Make sure you use a short, like 6 inch HDMI 2.0 cable from your PS4 to the switch. Longer hdmi cables going from the PS4 to the switch do not always work. This is the exact one I bought for my switch, and it works great. It is $7. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SVE6YF2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3. Make sure you use your switch when the PS4 is turned off. I know a lot of people had better success using the switch when the PS4 wasn't on. However, the Huierav switch I bought will switch quickly, without issues, without turning off the PS4. Sometimes it has more to do with your receiver or your TV really needing the PS4 to be off before switching the HDMI Switch.

There is an easy joke out there (for Job Simulator fans) about how you can now repackage the Gamestop CEO as used and mark him up by $10 since the new copy is no longer available.  #Toosoon 

So I peeled off the "new looking" $34.99 sticker, and underneath was a $19.99 new sticker.

thumbnail.jpg

It was definitely a brand new copy, marked up. There wasn't even a pre-owned $29.99 sticker underneath, it was just the $34.99 affixed over the new. Shady as fuuu
This always pissed me off when I worked at Gamestop and this is just them getting sloppy about it. We used to get shipments from the warehouse of "used" PS2 games that were more expensive titles at the time (probably still are today) like Guitaroo Man and SMT: Nocturne which both sold for less new, but was no longer in print so virtually no stores had new copies. Well, this is because Gamestop would send the new copies back to the warehouse to be sent back to stores as used copies. In the cases of these games the used copies were usually $20-$25 more than what the new copies were priced at in the store. They also will do this with newer games to lower the price in some cases to get rid of stock they can't move, but that happens way less often.

I was able to score Robinson: The Journey from a local Wal-Mart today for $19.93. I had the employee scan for more copies, but sadly it was the only one. It was on the very bottom of the glass case in a row of random games.[attachment=29724:Screenshot_2018-03-05-15-58-15.png]

After reading some Bravo Team reviews this morning, I don't think I'm going to open my copy from Amazon and will be sending it back.

bread's done
Back