Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to decide between Rick and Morty, The Inpatient, and VR Karts.

I know The Inpatient didn't live up to the hype, but it's on sale for $28.99 which seems decent.

Also, I know people shit on VR Karts all the time, but for $10, it seems like it would be worth it.

Trying to decide between Rick and Morty, The Inpatient, and VR Karts.

I know The Inpatient didn't live up to the hype, but it's on sale for $28.99 which seems decent.

Also, I know people shit on VR Karts all the time, but for $10, it seems like it would be worth it.
I have Rick and Morty on my vive, if you are a fan of the tv show you'll probably enjoy it, it's a good VR experience

From the psn sale I picked up Statik and Honor and Duty Arcade Edition. I watched a few reviews for Statik and all of them were glowing. And it appears to be its lowest price according to psprices. Picked up Honor and Duty just because of the price point. I wouldn’t have bit unless they had patched in VR support though
Thank you for posting this about Statik. It made me look at the sale on PSN website and found out there was a demo, I had no clue. I had heard good things about the game. I just played the demo and immediately bought it in-game for $10. Really cool game and I love how they don't tell you jack shit so far lol.

Meh...Statik is fun at first, then the puzzles get way too difficult.  I couldn't figure out the one with the security cameras, then gave up and never went back.  They should at least give you a hint if you get stuck for a long time.

Not to mention the puzzles in between puzzles where you are given various shapes and have to assemble them.  That is a complete guessing game.

Meh...Statik is fun at first, then the puzzles get way too difficult. I couldn't figure out the one with the security cameras, then gave up and never went back. They should at least give you a hint if you get stuck for a long time.
While I'm not at the part you are at yet, one of the best parts is that they don't tell you anything. I solved the first 5 boxes so far I think. I want to be challenged and have a feeling of accomplishment. Most games now a days hand hold you the entire way through so it's refreshing to see one that doesn't and makes you think.

I wish you the best of luck.  To me, a game should be fun, not frustrating.  I don't find it fun to sit there for an hour or more and still not have even the slightest idea on how to beat a level.

I wish you the best of luck. To me, a game should be fun, not frustrating. I don't find it fun to sit there for an hour or more and still not have even the slightest idea on how to beat a level.
To me, figuring out something without help is fun.

But then again, I'm a software engineer and do that pretty much daily at my job, and I enjoy it, so it's in my blood lol. I've spent way more than an hour (days even) in development trying to figure stuff out without a clear path on how to do it, so an hour is nothing to me :)

Just played that "security camera" one I think you are talking about.  Took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to get started.  I only have 3 puzzles left I think :(.  The game really makes you think though, which I love.

EDIT:

And there IS a hint on what to do, it's right in front of your face.  I just didn't realize it was a hint for a while lol.

Then you complete the game with a sense of achievement until you find out online there's an alternative ending, which in itself is another puzzle to figure out. I havent managed it yet.

Then you complete the game with a sense of achievement until you find out online there's an alternative ending, which in itself is another puzzle to figure out. I havent managed it yet.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the answers to those questions in the cube room. I really have no clue wtf is going on with that stuff.

I plan to order Pixel Gear because I’m collecting all the PSVR physical releases, but otherwise I would pass. $25 is definitely way too much for that game.
I wouldn't pay more than $1.99 for Pixel Gear. It's a total crap shoot (heh) and one of the cheapest VR games I've ever played. Not as bad as Ace Banana, but still. Oasis Games sets the bar for low quality.

I see the physical edition sold out this morning, which is kind of sad.

Meh...Statik is fun at first, then the puzzles get way too difficult. I couldn't figure out the one with the security cameras, then gave up and never went back. They should at least give you a hint if you get stuck for a long time.
I couldn't even finish the demo because it was too complicated. I caved into peer pressure and bought it during the last PSVR sale anyway, same with Sparc and Superhot. Still haven't played any of them yet. I really have to stop doing that.

Just finished Statik.  Really cool game and can stump you for quite a bit.  There were a few puzzles I was trying to figure stuff out for like 10 minutes then all of a sudden I realized what I had to do.  Whoever created the puzzles in this game is a bright ass person.

Reading people talk about Statik here I am glad I didn't pick it up. Even the people who like it here make it sound miserable to me. Frustration is not what I am looking for in games.

Reading people talk about Statik here I am glad I didn't pick it up. Even the people who like it here make it sound miserable to me. Frustration is not what I am looking for in games.
I didn't find it frustrating at all. It's a challenging puzzle game that makes you think. If you want to be hand held though and give up easily, it's not for you. If you are one that has no attention span and doesn't like a challenge of trying to figure stuff out with obscure puzzles, it's not for you. I'm not saying you are, but I can understand why the ADD generation wouldn't like it, because it's actually challenging. It's short though, I bought it last night and beat it today. I think like 10 or so cube puzzles, maybe a couple more.

Definitely worth the $10.

EDIT:

I'm also a software engineer so I have always enjoyed problem solving though.

Same here. I was tempted to get it but don't feel like being frustrated. Trying to choose 2 of superhot, knockout league, and Brookhaven. Hmm

Ok, I’m going to go play Statik for the first time to see which side of the debate I fall on. My gut tells me I’m going to side with purbeast, but I won’t be able to know for sure until I try it. I’ll be back with my thoughts on it a little later

Over the weekend I played through the story mode in Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV in a couple hours, but every day since then I've kept playing it. I've been doing the side mission hunts.

It's a fun game, but the fishing is a bit different. You're fishing line no longer has an endurance meter. Instead it's as if each time the tension arrows appear you have a fresh but small endurance meter. If you don't stop reeling and don't start leading the fish correctly then the line will break. Higher difficulty fish bring up the tension arrows more often, and you have to reel correctly more quickly.

I suppose it's not that different, but fishing in the actual Final Fatansy XV game felt like a full battle with the fish. Seeing the meter drop made it look like the fish was starting to win. But, doing the motions of reeling and leading is fun.

And I really liked the shooting mini-game for the boss battles. It's too bad it's only in the story mode, but you can replay any of them with chapter select.

If you liked Final Fantasy XV and it's fishing this is a neat game. The fan service is mostly seeing the wildlife and demons hanging around the fishing spots. Then there's the music and locations. The only characters are the four guys, Cindy, and the fisherman who gave you the fishing mission.

But it was in the previous Square Enix sale for 50% off. It's sure to go on sale again.

Oh, I tried going to the game tile using voice command. After failing a few times I manually went to it and check it's information. It doesn't have a voice command shortcut programmed. I wonder if setting a game's voice command is something the developers have to do or if it's Sony's job. I've been getting right next to it by doing the voice command for Mortal Blitz.

These are the PSVR titles rumored for the Easter PSN sale. Save those 20% off coupons!

Ace Banana
Ancient Amuletor
Archangel
Bandit Six: Combined Arms
Battlezone
Bloody Zombies
CastleStorm VR Edition
Chess Ultra
Cold Iron
Darknet
DEXED
DiRT Rally® PLAYSTATION®VR UPGRADE DLC ADD-ON
DOOM® VFR
Eagle Flight
End Space
EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone
EVEREST VR
HeroCade
HoloBall
I Expect You To Die
Infinite Minigolf
Korix
League of War: VR Arena
Lethal VR
Megaton Rainfall
Mortal Blitz
NBA 2KVR Experience
Out of Ammo
Perfect
Pierhead Arcade
Pinball FX2 VR
Pixel Gear
Raw Data
Rez Infinite
Robinson: The Journey
Rollercoaster Dreams
Shooty Fruity
Smashbox Arena
Sneaky Bears
Soul Dimension
Sprint Vector
Star Trek™: Bridge Crew
Statik
The Assembly
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® VR
The Invisible Hours
The Lost Bear
The Solus Project
Theseus
Tiny Trax
Unearthing Mars
Virry VR: Feel the Wild
VR Karts
Waddle Home
Weeping Doll
Werewolves Within

I feel like I'm going to be kicking myself hard for past purchases.

Right off the bat, Cold Iron, Shooty Fruity and Sprint Vector are jumping off the page. Sadly, I have most of the others already. Notably missing: Moss :whistle2:(

I didn't find it frustrating at all. It's a challenging puzzle game that makes you think. If you want to be hand held though and give up easily, it's not for you. If you are one that has no attention span and doesn't like a challenge of trying to figure stuff out with obscure puzzles, it's not for you. I'm not saying you are, but I can understand why the ADD generation wouldn't like it, because it's actually challenging. It's short though, I bought it last night and beat it today. I think like 10 or so cube puzzles, maybe a couple more.

Definitely worth the $10.

EDIT:

I'm also a software engineer so I have always enjoyed problem solving though.
I solved the first 5 puzzle tonight and have loved it. I am a little disappointed in the length too though. The hardest part is starting out on a box, trying to figure out what controls what. Once you get started though, the solutions just sort of chain together off of each other and before you know it you’re getting knocked out with the gas again. I imagine the next time I sit down with it I’ll beat it.

Since you like this game, I highly suggest I Expect You To Die if you haven’t already played it. I imagine if you like one then you’ll like the other. And not psvr related, but I also highly recommend The Room. I played it on my iPhone and loved it. Same concept as Statik, only you aren’t trapped inside it. There are a couple of sequels too, but I haven’t played them yet

Here are the PSVR titles rumored for the Easter PSN sale. Save those 20% off coupons!

Ace Banana
Ancient Amuletor
Archangel
Battlezone
Bloody Zombies
CastleStorm VR Edition
Chess Ultra
Cold Iron
Darknet
DEXED
DOOM® VFR
Eagle Flight
End Space
EVEREST VR
HeroCade
HoloBall
I Expect You To Die
Infinite Minigolf
Korix
Lethal VR
Megaton Rainfall
Mortal Blitz
NBA 2KVR Experience
Out of Ammo
Perfect
Pierhead Arcade
Pinball FX2 VR
Pixel Gear
Raw Data
Rez Infinite
Rollercoaster Dreams
Shooty Fruity
Smashbox Arena
Sneaky Bears
Soul Dimension
Sprint Vector
Statik
The Assembly
The Invisible Hours
The Lost Bear
The Solus Project
Theseus
Tiny Trax
Unearthing Mars
VR Karts
Waddle Home
Weeping Doll
Werewolves Within

Right off the bat, Cold Iron, Shooty Fruity and Sprint Vector are jumping off the page. Sadly, I have most of the others already. Notably missing: Moss :whistle2:(
4idaldf.jpg

I solved the first 5 puzzle tonight and have loved it. I am a little disappointed in the length too though. The hardest part is starting out on a box, trying to figure out what controls what. Once you get started though, the solutions just sort of chain together off of each other and before you know it you’re getting knocked out with the gas again. I imagine the next time I sit down with it I’ll beat it.

Since you like this game, I highly suggest I Expect You To Die if you haven’t already played it. I imagine if you like one then you’ll like the other. And not psvr related, but I also highly recommend The Room. I played it on my iPhone and loved it. Same concept as Statik, only you aren’t trapped inside it. There are a couple of sequels too, but I haven’t played them yet
I've heard good things about I Expect You To Die actually, I just never got around to checking it out. That is on my list of games I'll grab at some point and if I see it on sale for like 1/2 off it would be an impulse buy. I've never heard of The Room but I will check it out.

As for Statik, the puzzles did pick up a little bit in difficulty as it goes on, but they still do have that same feel as you are explaining, that once you get going, things kind of fall into place and you realize what they are doing.

Here are the PSVR titles rumored for the Easter PSN sale. Save those 20% off coupons!
One thing to keep note is that those coupons expire (at least the Show one) on the 31st and Easter is April 1st. If the sale starts on Easter then the coupon won't work with it.

GNOG is another Statik-lite game where you figure out how to solve toy puzzle boxes by trial and error.

I just finished Floor Plan which was ported to PSVR earlier this week. As you can imagine from its low price, it's not a very long experience but it's pretty fun. Basically it's an "escape elevator"-type game where you traverse 12 themed floors and pick up certain items that can be used on other floors. Took me exactly an hour because I'm not very clever, but there is a trophy to beat it in 10 minutes so YMMV.

I wish I could get paid for these opinions so I could at least afford all these games I'm buying...

One thing to keep note is that those coupons expire (at least the Show one) on the 31st and Easter is April 1st. If the sale starts on Easter then the coupon won't work with it.
That would be pretty shitty if it started Easter Sunday or the week after. I think it's live in most other countries already, so I'm expecting maybe this Friday or next Tuesday as a start date at the latest.

Maybe we'll get an April Fools' Sale though, where none of our codes work.

For anyone that missed Pixel Gear and doesn't really care about having the LRG version specifically, there's a physical Chinese disc version on Ebay that includes 3 other games (Weeping Doll, Dying Reborn, Light Tracker) for $46 shipped. The description says it includes English language/subtitles so assuming you don't need to know Mandarin to be able to play it. Weeping Doll is a horrible game (speaking from personal experience) but I haven't played the others. At $46 for 4 games though it isn't really any more expensive than paying LRG $30 for one. 

I know the collectors will say it's not the same, but I'm just trying to help anyone who may have wanted a physical copy of the game to play in general.

https://www.ebay.com...7IAAOSwLUpaVFK9

For anyone that missed Pixel Gear and doesn't really care about having the LRG version specifically, there's a physical Chinese disc version on Ebay that includes 3 other games (Weeping Doll, Dying Reborn, Light Tracker) for $46 shipped. The description says it includes English language/subtitles so assuming you don't need to know Mandarin to be able to play it. Weeping Doll is a horrible game (speaking from personal experience) but I haven't played the others. At $46 for 4 games though it isn't really any more expensive than paying LRG $30 for one.

I know the collectors will say it's not the same, but I'm just trying to help anyone who may have wanted a physical copy of the game to play in general.

https://www.ebay.com...7IAAOSwLUpaVFK9
Dying Reborn is also horrible, having played the Vita version. Some of the worst voice acting I have heard in a game and several typos throughout the game.

Light Tracer is supposed to be the "best" one, at least by Oasis Games' standards.

Dying Reborn isn't even the full game, it's three levels retooled for VR. There's no storyline or ending, you're just done.

Dying Reborn isn't even the full game, it's three levels retooled for VR. There's no storyline or ending, you're just done.
Wow. Sounds like an Atari 2600 game. Haha. But even then, most of those games rolled your score back to zero and you just kept going.

Same here. I was tempted to get it but don't feel like being frustrated. Trying to choose 2 of superhot, knockout league, and Brookhaven. Hmm
I'd go with Superhot and Knockout League. I've heard some negative things about Brookhaven, but everyone seems to love Superhot and Knockout League.

Dying Reborn is also horrible, having played the Vita version. Some of the worst voice acting I have heard in a game and several typos throughout the game.
I enjoyed the VR version. The voice acting isn't great, but the setting is cool and the puzzles are challenging, but not too challenging.

That would suck. Hopefully the Easter sale starts on the Tuesday before Easter like the normal weekly sales do.

Light Tracer is supposed to be the "best" one, at least by Oasis Games' standards.

Playing the full game doesn't provide much more clarity. The ending doesn't make sense, the "resolution" seems to come out of nowhere. This is a game that thinks the loading screen is clever because it says "loadying"

These are the PSVR titles rumored for the Easter PSN sale. Save those 20% off coupons!

Ace Banana
Ancient Amuletor
Archangel
Battlezone
Bloody Zombies
CastleStorm VR Edition
Chess Ultra
Cold Iron
Darknet
DEXED
DOOM® VFR
Eagle Flight
End Space
EVEREST VR
HeroCade
HoloBall
I Expect You To Die
Infinite Minigolf
Korix
Lethal VR
Megaton Rainfall
Mortal Blitz
NBA 2KVR Experience
Out of Ammo
Perfect
Pierhead Arcade
Pinball FX2 VR
Pixel Gear
Raw Data
Rez Infinite
Rollercoaster Dreams
Shooty Fruity
Smashbox Arena
Sneaky Bears
Soul Dimension
Sprint Vector
Statik
The Assembly
The Invisible Hours
The Lost Bear
The Solus Project
Theseus
Tiny Trax
Unearthing Mars
VR Karts
Waddle Home
Weeping Doll
Werewolves Within

This is awesome if true but where did you hear this rumor?

I finally got around to playing Statik, which I picked up a few weeks ago. I liked the premise but:
(1) the puzzles weren't that hard except one or two really tricky ones. It felt very unbalanced.
(2) the game is really short and there's zero replayability. I think I spend maybe 3-4 hrs on it.

I also tried the Battlefront Xwing VR mission. I was grinning ear to ear during the whole time. Wow, that was awesome. I've gotten motion sickness on a few titles (e.g Farpoint) but this one didn't effect me much at all.

$10 for 3-4 hours is more than worth it to me.  Hell movie tickets are what, like $15 now for a 2 hour movie?

I'm definitely going to be showing friends Statik as well and not telling them jack shit about how to solve the puzzles.  That should be fun to watch.

$10 for 3-4 hours is more than worth it to me. Hell movie tickets are what, like $15 now for a 2 hour movie?

I'm definitely going to be showing friends Statik as well and not telling them jack shit about how to solve the puzzles. That should be fun to watch.
fwiw in terms of movies, I got Movie Pass and have been liking it a lot, haven't had any problems and it pays for itself if you go to at least 1 movie a month

I haven't seen a movie in the theater in ages because I have a home theater, so I was just ballparking based on what I have heard lol.

Also, if anyone has Kirby Allies and wants to get rid of it and wants Skyrim PSVR, shoot me a PM.  I still have Skyrim PSVR sealed.

bread's done
Back