Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread. I sent my headset in for repair and the replacement should finally be arriving sometime today. Just wanted to say I'm excited about Torn (8/28) and Transference (9/18). These are the kind of AAA narrative experiences I've been hoping for in VR (as long as it lives up to expectations).

Also, I saw that the new Summer Lesson double pack (threesome?) is available overseas. Unfortunately it translates to about $70 here ($80 on HK PSN, $100 on eBay). The first one was kinda fun but way too short and barebones to ever justify its price. Yet I still want it.

So how was it?
Thanks for posting about the GameOne.ph listing. I am in the Philippines at the moment and will have to see if i can pick up a copy when i get back to Manila.

So how was it?
I didn't get a chance to play it until today. I played the first 3 levels, the first 2 which were shootouts and the 3rd which was more stealth-focused.

The graphics are good, but the game suffers from other things that I don't like.

1. I know a lot of people complained about the constant switch from 1st person to 3rd person view. That doesn't bother me so much.

2. I'm not crazy about the whole "move from one pre-determined point to another" approach. I didn't think it would be so bad, but you are very limited to how far you can target your next move so I felt like I was constantly having to move 3 or 4 times just to get to where I wanted to be. It also makes me question how good Blood & Truth will play considering it uses the same movement system.

3. The game does a poor job of telling you where you need to go. On every level, I wasted a lot of time just trying to figure out where the goal was, which was especially difficult in one level because the enemies would not stop spawning so I never really had any time to focus on where to go. At one point (in a bridge level), I even lost track of which direction I came from and wasted to much time trying to figure it out. Going back to #2, free movement would help here as well.

4. Throughout the game, I noticed I was constantly twisting and turning my back to try and hold off all of the enemies. Now this may very well have been my own fault, and there may be a better approach to this that I didn't utilize, but it was very strenuous on my back.

5. Tracking using the aim controller was pretty poor. The gun would not stop veering to the right. Again, this may not necessarily be the fault of the game, though, as I know other games that use the aim controller have the same problem. Also, I found it often difficult to hit enemies that were more than 10 feet away from me. I don't know if I was just too far away or if the game just does a poor job at aim accuracy.

I'm honestly not even sure if I'm going to finish the rest of the game. If anyone wants to buy it from me, though, I'll consider all offers.

Anybody here excited for the upcoming VR-enhanced Zone of the Enders ?  I don't have access to the demo since my PS4 is on loan to a friend this summer.  Love to hear some feedback from those who have tried it. Thx!

Anybody here excited for the upcoming VR-enhanced ZOE of Enders ? I don't have access to the demo since my PS4 is on loan to a friend this summer. Love to hear some feedback from those who have tried it. Thx!
I'd like to hear as well. ZOE is one of the few mech games that I liked. That is one of the few things tempting me to get a psvr.

I'd like to hear as well. ZOE is one of the few mech games that I liked. That is one of the few things tempting me to get a psvr.
That reminds me - I read somewhere the first pressing of the physical version is getting some kind of foil cover art. I probably should preorder it to ensure getting it since I have no idea how many they are pressing initially.

That reminds me - I read somewhere the first pressing of the physical version is getting some kind of foil cover art. I probably should preorder it to ensure getting it since I have no idea how many they are pressing initially.
Thanks for highlighting about the launch edition bonuses. This is the stock image for the cover & patch >>> IMAGE

For a limited time, the physical release will include a holographic cover and triangle embroidered patch packed inside the box. Additionally, players who pre-order a digital copy from PlayStation Network will receive a special PS4 “Welcome to M∀RS” Theme, as well as avatars.

Anybody here excited for the upcoming VR-enhanced Zone of the Enders ? I don't have access to the demo since my PS4 is on loan to a friend this summer. Love to hear some feedback from those who have tried it. Thx!
I bought the PS2 game in college (remember even buying the opened displayed copy which I usually loathe). The game had an incredible production value and amazing effects at the time. A bit of a backhanded complement but it's production is still higher than most VR games. The PS2 graphics have a slight "cel shading" to them that helps them age but the game still looks old. Gameplay is very, very basic action combat with early 6 degree combat. It's mostly like final fight or games like that more than a traditional mech game. It's pretty long with a solid story from what I remember (Kojima produced I'm pretty sure). The three main notes I have about the VR version are:

1. Cutscenes are all shown on a 2D theatre screen even though lots or using in game assets. Maybe it's because it's all prerendered but it's a bit jarring considering there are lots of them.

2. VR currently forces a "unique" cockpit view. It's OK but the game wasn't built for it and the speed of the game makes it a pain sometimes.

3. There are two demos but the recent one has a much improved rendering in VR and the game feels like VR was taken very seriously.

Pretty soon you guys are going to get a sale on Thumper.  Because I'm getting tired of waiting and fear I'm going to crack and buy it full price....

Pretty soon you guys are going to get a sale on Thumper. Because I'm getting tired of waiting and fear I'm going to crack and buy it full price....
We're about a month and a half away from a possible PSVR anniversary sale. We had one last year. There's also a chance it will show up as part of the Halloween sale. That's where I bought it.

alot of my best buy stores around me did not carry firewall zero hour. I preordered mine a month ago but nothing arrived. transferred for a pickup at another nearby store. 

alot of my best buy stores around me did not carry firewall zero hour. I preordered mine a month ago but nothing arrived. transferred for a pickup at another nearby store.
Same here. I preordered the aim bundle a few weeks ago and none of the stores in my area ended up carrying it. Thought it was weird that it still let me choose pickup for a preorder. But after switching it to ship it’s already on its way. Guess they didn’t sell enough farpoint bundles the other year.

The new deals for this week:

Apex Construct - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/4

Catch & Release - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 9/4

Code51: Mecha Arena - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/11

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/11

Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/4

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 9/4

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 9/4

Torn - $25.49 - 15% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 9/4

The deal from last week:

Knockout League - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 9/4

New releases:

Bow to Blood - $29.99

Firewall Zero Hour - $39.99

Viking Days - $4.99

Same here. I preordered the aim bundle a few weeks ago and none of the stores in my area ended up carrying it. Thought it was weird that it still let me choose pickup for a preorder. But after switching it to ship it’s already on its way. Guess they didn’t sell enough farpoint bundles the other year.
I think something must have hit a snag with shipping or something with Best Buy. On top of the lack of Firewall in my area, Yakuza Kiwami 2 did not come in for release today either even though they had some preorders for it.

I think something must have hit a snag with shipping or something with Best Buy. On top of the lack of Firewall in my area, Yakuza Kiwami 2 did not come in for release today either even though they had some preorders for it.
There was apparently some sort of shipping issue with Best Buy with Yakuza Kiwami 2. I've heard of a lot of stores not getting copies yesterday. Firewall may also be affected by this, I've been seeing some great reviews of the game and already have Aim so I am looking to get just the game myself.

I would recommend this to someone who's a fan of the show. The controls can be a little wonky, but the humor in it is decent and it feels like its story could be an episode of the TV show. For anyone else, you're probably better off just playing Job Simulator.
I find the show funny. But only in a Hulu last on my queue kind of funny, so $17.99 is a bit pricey. $10 or less sounds about right from your description. Thanks for the input.

For those of you considering Rick & Morty: you should probably look into buying physical. Even if you wind up loving the game, there isn’t much to do once you beat it. There are a few trophies to clean up after the game but that’s about it. Most of the game is about discovery/puzzle solving. Once you have completed the game you could do a replay of the whole thing in probably about half an hour. It’s worth a playthrough. But if you get physical you could at least trade it back in or sell on eBay. Current price on amazon is $17.xx used and $19.xx new

P.S. I LOVE the show and think it is complete genius. I wanted to love the game but wound up just liking it

I felt like Rick and Morty was a spin off of sorts from Job Simulator and my hunch was sorta true based on the fact that it's made by the same developer. I allowed my 11 year old daughter to play it because she loved Job Simulator and is mature enough to manage most of the adult themes without becoming personally influenced by it, though I will admit there were a couple of cringe-inducing moments in the dialogue. She probably played it more than I did so we got our money's worth. She's patiently waiting for Vacation Simulator now. 

My store just got 8 Firewall bundles today directly from Sony (not a BB DC). So obviously getting them into stores on the street date wasn't a priority for them.

Thanks for posting about the GameOne.ph listing. I am in the Philippines at the moment and will have to see if i can pick up a copy when i get back to Manila.
I ended up finding Summer Lesson 2 at Toys RUs in Tacloban so i ended up getting it there for 100 PHP more than GameOne. Also found DOAX3 Fortune for PS4 on sale for 1100 PHP there, about $22 USD. Surprised to find it so cheap, so picked it up. It's region 3, so i think my HK PSN account should work to get the VR addon.

I was watching a few trailers this morning to kill some time and was pretty impressed by what I saw of Evasion. Looks kinda like a Halo or Destiny type game in VR and it's Aim controller compatible. I tried to find out when exactly it was going to come out but couldn't find any exact street date.

For anyone interested in a physical copy of Moss, seems it may be starting to become scarce, at least for a new copy. Amazon shows 1 to 2 months of availability. GameStop no longer has "new" copies, but does have pre-owned. Best Buy stores seem to have some copies, but still available for order online.

For anyone interested in a physical copy of Moss, seems it may be starting to become scarce, at least for a new copy. Amazon shows 1 to 2 months of availability. GameStop no longer has "new" copies, but does have pre-owned. Best Buy stores seem to have some copies, but still available for order online.
It's going to be available in that bundle pack pretty soon so my guess is they are going to print more copies.

I believe the reason Gamestop no longer has "New" copies is they converted them all to used. Search your local zip code for used stock. I did that for mine and just about every Gamestop in my local area has used stock. It's $24.99 with additional discounts if you have Pro or Elite and since most were converted new copies they should be in excellent condition.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/moss-psvr/155882

While you are there, notice that Radial G: Racing Revolved also appears to have converted all new copies to used, and it is very cheap ($9.99 before any discounts)

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/radial-g-racing-revolved-psvr/154001

I believe the reason Gamestop no longer has "New" copies is they converted them all to used. Search your local zip code for used stock. I did that for mine and just about every Gamestop in my local area has used stock. It's $24.99 with additional discounts if you have Pro or Elite and since most were converted new copies they should be in excellent condition.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/moss-psvr/155882

While you are there, notice that Radial G: Racing Revolved also appears to have converted all new copies to used, and it is very cheap ($9.99 before any discounts)

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/radial-g-racing-revolved-psvr/154001
I may have to check there as I can get a copy for $20 with my elite pro. Plus almost have enough points for $5 preowned cert.

I kind of thought they may have converted them since seems odd that all the new copies would disappear.

Availability for Moss went from 1-2 months to 2-4 weeks, so restock may be inbound. It looks like only Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop seem to carry it. Not sure if there are any other US stores.

I think I'll hold out to GameStop pro day to see if there are any preowned deals and pickup a copy then. I picked up a copy at best buy yesterday just in case since they had it locally.

Moss is just digital code in the bundle.
Ugh. Guess I assumed it would be physical considering the Pro console I bought had a physical copy of Destiny 2 with it and I was told the new Spidey console bundle got a physical version packed in.

Availability for Moss went from 1-2 months to 2-4 weeks, so restock may be inbound. It looks like only Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop seem to carry it. Not sure if there are any other US stores.

I think I'll hold out to GameStop pro day to see if there are any preowned deals and pickup a copy then. I picked up a copy at best buy yesterday just in case since they had it locally.
For some reason my GameStop converted all thier new copies of Moss to used

I'm not sure how I feel about that Hot Shots VR.  The latest Everybody's Golf was god awful and basically ruined the series to me.  If this is just a subset of that game or something then this is a hard pass.  If it's more like Hot Shots Out of Bounds (the best one) then I will be interested.

EDIT:

Here's some more info.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/09/10/everybodys-golf-vr-is-coming-to-playstation-vr-in-2019/

If it's only motion controls, then that will also be a hard pass for me.

bread's done
Back