Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually made it through line at GS and got my sealed (couldn’t believe it!) copies of both Astrobot and Creed. Thank god the couple in front of me had pitty on me and let me go ahead of them. I made it to work with less than a minute to spare.
I tried to get a year of plus as well but it rang up at $60 in store. I wasn’t about to mess with it and be late. I should be able to get that tomorrow after work. I need it in store to avoid paying tax while using credit

Doom needs them or the Aim controller. Skyrim is Moves or the DS4. Astrobot is DS only.

Yes, those are pretty much the same as what they re-released alongside PSVR. If you already have Move controllers, the $200 bundle is all you need and you get two great games to go with it.
Thanks.

Now the question is “is it worth it ?”

It really seems like GS should have had a few copies of Astro Bot in all of the stores. None of the stores within 75 miles around me, granted only 3 stores, had any copies at any point today. That's absurd. I did get an online order placed in store so I could get free shipping, so I am not too disappointed but I was looking forward to playing tonight and now I don't get to.
I picked up the astrobot bundle at target today. I have played for just half and hour but I am having fun with it so far

Thanks.

I just wanted to amend what Frisky said earlier. You can also play Doom with the DS4, so all three are compatible.

$199 for PSVR + Astro Bot and Moss is totally worth it, but be warned: once you play those games, everything else will kinda seem shit by comparison. I'm "lucky" that I got to work myself up to those games by playing plenty of subpar VR games beforehand. You appreciate it a lot more that way.

I feel like it's worth it. I only just got PSVR earlier this year, and already have over 20 games for it. And I've even beaten several of them! They didn't all just go right into the backlog! It's so much fun, it's actually worth the effort to hook the headset up to play.

Also, I started Astro Bot today, and it's incredibly fun. The VR element adds so much to what would otherwise be a typical platforming game. The controls and controller tracking for it are top notch.

I just wanted to amend what Frisky said earlier. You can also play Doom with the DS4, so all three are compatible.

$199 for PSVR + Astro Bot and Moss is totally worth it, but be warned: once you play those games, everything else will kinda seem shit by comparison. I'm "lucky" that I got to work myself up to those games by playing plenty of subpar VR games beforehand. You appreciate it a lot more that way.
Yeah I think I’m in. I figure wipeout and RE7 too. That’s a nice handful of games

Folks on reddit are saying that it's scanning at $19.99, but if you show them the flier (which they apparently have at the store) they may lower the price to match at $9.99.
Can confirm this. Just got back from trading in my PS4 500gb slim for the Spidey console bundle. While I was there I asked why there were 2 different prices(shelf price said $19.99 flyer said 9.99). Store manager said there was a screw up but that they have been given the go ahead to charge the 9.99 price. I'm assuming you have to ask for the lower price as I doubt they will automatically give it to you. I went ahead and picked up a copy for that price even though I don't do a lot of online gaming.

Also of note, I noticed that The Patient is showing 9.99 online but there are no new copies available. While there I asked about the price of it since there were cases on the shelves with artwork advertising it as being part of the Black Friday Sale along with other games already on sale(Uncharted, etc) but no pricing sticker on the box. That's when the cashier had to call over the manager as there is no sku for new copies, only used(which I'm assuming they just converted the new to used). He just said he doesn't have any idea why they sent those out since they have no new copies available and no sku to even go by anymore. I decided to pass on the used copy in hopes of a sale at Best Buy or elsewhere at a lower price.

Amazon has matched the $19.99 price for Astro Bot :)
Shoot, I knew I should've waited before ordering from Gamestop, same price but longer shipping, oh well.

Zone of the Enders is back in stock at Best Buy for $20. I noticed reviews are pretty bad on it so I'm not sure I wanna get it.

Well it's been a pretty good weekend

• PSVR Creed/Superhot Bundle - picked up at Target for $250+5% Red Card discount
  • Astrobot - Swung by GS on the way home from Target to pick it up
  • Farpoint - Ordered from BB for $15.
  • RIGS - Found it used on ebay for $10
  • Doom VFR - Found on eBay for $15. One less thing for me to order from BB, and I end up paying less since no tax/drivin
Later this week I'm gonna pick these up.

• Skyrim VR - Best Buy or eBay
  • Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Gold Edition - Gonna try to grab this from WalMart for $17. I already have the regular version, but I want dat DLC.

Couldn't get out to GS yesterday, considering stopping by today to try and get Firewall for $10. Anyone know if that email that supposedly went out about them honoring that price was for yesterday only? Also considering Creed (either from GS or digital for $15). Did anyone here actually play it?

Shoot, I knew I should've waited before ordering from Gamestop, same price but longer shipping, oh well.

Zone of the Enders is back in stock at Best Buy for $20. I noticed reviews are pretty bad on it so I'm not sure I wanna get it.
Pretty sure there is a demo still available for Zone of the Enders on the digital store. I tried it, and i'll be keeping my $20.

I can't find any deals on Move controllers by themselves.

Apologies if this has been answered, but has anyone seen any so far this Black Friday Season?

Couldn't get out to GS yesterday, considering stopping by today to try and get Firewall for $10. Anyone know if that email that supposedly went out about them honoring that price was for yesterday only? Also considering Creed (either from GS or digital for $15). Did anyone here actually play it?
Look for the flyer in store. It has the original 9.99 price on it. I think the prices are good through at least Wednesday.

Creed is fun, for a movie tie in it works good. Boxing in VR is a good combo.
But it is one of those games where you do need to listen to the warning the psvr gives you about clear space... you do move a LOT more than a typical vr game. It may be a little short, but there is a lot of fun to be had. Id say it could be also used as an intro to vr for people who are curious, or family members during the holidays.
And its not a swing wildly and the fights over style game.. you will lose quickly. When you get knocked down... i see why they did it to use the motion, but i will admit its kinda annoying.
Go on youtube and watch some people play it with the camera on them over the social screen to see how it plays. For $15 its worth it, i paid $23 and still have a blast with it.

Store locator shows none near me but I have a 4K TV and the HDR breakthrough box seems like it would get real annoying on one hand but I save over $100 on the other. HDMI cables are on the side of my TV so it isn't even that bad.
I have the V1 headset and just use an HDMI coupler at the box - no need for me to change HDMI cables on the side of my TV.

Beat Saber is live

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4882-CUSA12878_00-BEATSABERFULL000

It's a little disappointing it's $30 and not $20 like it is on PC.
TBH, the base game is disappointing after a bit of playing, the only thing keeping the game alive on PC is the fact that you have 3rd party mods giving you access to free extra songs, the devs completely abandoned the PC version to focus on PS4, I don't think they ever even released the level editor because users made one that works well enough. I personally wouldn't support them at this point but hey, up to you

TBH, the base game is disappointing after a bit of playing, the only thing keeping the game alive on PC is the fact that you have 3rd party mods giving you access to free extra songs, the devs completely abandoned the PC version to focus on PS4, I don't think they ever even released the level editor because users made one that works well enough. I personally wouldn't support them at this point but hey, up to you
I do want to hear how many songs are on the PS4 version. I could have sworn I read it had more songs than PC, and hearing PC levels only had 10 songs is pretty disappointing.

If it's 10 songs for $30, then I may hold off. I was expecting a $20 price point.

Apparently it has 16 songs with them claiming they will "regularly" have song packs. But how much those packs will cost hasn't been discussed.

I just read a psvr specific review of beat saber. It said that PC came with 11 songs and the ability to have custom tracks. The psvr version comes with 16 (the same 11+5 new) but with no ability to have custom tracks. The review said there are plans for dlc but no idea of when, how much, or cost

Just bought the $250 Creed + Superhot bundle. So far I'm getting:

* Rez - 29.99 on PSN

* Wipeout - $16 @ Newegg

* Astro Bot - $20 @ Best Buy

* Beat Saber

I beat RE7 on PC, should I double dip for the Gold edition at Walmart for $17? 

Am I missing any must have games/deals here? Eve Valkyrie looks kinda cool and it's only $12...

* Rez - 29.99 on PSN

* Wipeout - $16 @ Newegg

* Beat Saber

Am I missing any must have games/deals here? Eve Valkyrie looks kinda cool and it's only $12...
RE7 is definitely a must have in VR.

Moss is also a must have.

If you want more accessories, Farpoint IMO is also a must have, but only if you get the Aim controller.

I'd also say Statik is a must have. It's the most unique and fun puzzle game I've ever played, and it's very challenging. There's a demo of it though on one of the demo discs so you can try out a puzzle to see if you like the style or not.

This has probably been discussed a billion times, but how is PSVR on vanilla PS4 Slim?   

Kinda interested in the technology, but if it just doesn't work well with the slim, to the point that you practically need a Pro, I'd rather wait until PS5 or whatever

This has probably been discussed a billion times, but how is PSVR on vanilla PS4 Slim?

Kinda interested in the technology, but if it just doesn't work well with the slim, to the point that you practically need a Pro, I'd rather wait until PS5 or whatever
I have nothing to compare it to, but it plays well for me.

It depends on the game whether they support pro or not. Not every game is "enhanced" by the pro. And it's up to each game what the pro will even do when using the system. I had a launch PS4 and got VR, and it was highly enjoyable, but since then I have gotten a Pro. FWIW, I can see comparison screens/videos telling me that the Pro improves some games, but I really don't notice it in VR.

I just read a psvr specific review of beat saber. It said that PC came with 11 songs and the ability to have custom tracks. The psvr version comes with 16 (the same 11+5 new) but with no ability to have custom tracks. The review said there are plans for dlc but no idea of when, how much, or cost
The ability for custom tracks is through 3rd party add on dll's, there is no *official* support for it, modders have kept the game afloat while the devs have completely ignored QOL complaints from pc users, and tbh I'm pretty skeptical on how well the Move will translate for the sabers. Buy it if it's your cup of tea but I personally would not purchase it on PS4 with no extra track capability. Don't be surprised if they partner with Sony or something and start charging a buck a song or something, the custom song support on PC is straight up music piracy to do it.

* Rez - 29.99 on PSN

* Wipeout - $16 @ Newegg

* Beat Saber

I was kinda let down by Eve tbh, Wipeout, Rez and Astrobot are must have's though for sure, Tetris Effect gets a good immersion factor in VR also

The ability for custom tracks is through 3rd party add on dll's, there is no *official* support for it, modders have kept the game afloat while the devs have completely ignored QOL complaints from pc users, and tbh I'm pretty skeptical on how well the Move will translate for the sabers. Buy it if it's your cup of tea but I personally would not purchase it on PS4 with no extra track capability. Don't be surprised if they partner with Sony or something and start charging a buck a song or something, the custom song support on PC is straight up music piracy to do it.
I personally would have no problem paying $1/song if it's a song I like. I just wish we knew what the expected prices were.

I mean shit I paid like $40 or $50 for Parappa the Rappa back in the day, and that game had 4 songs if I remember correctly lol.

As a fan of rhythm games, I think I might enjoy Beat Saber, but not a fan of the music.  I'd only get it if it let us import our own mp3s, kind of like how Starship Disco and Beat Hazard does. If they're not going to add that, it's an easy pass for me.

There's a live Q&A going on right now with the devs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQoUhu-XP3I

They were very transparent about adding new content.  They said their initial goal was to integrate spotify with it, however it simply was not possible due to legal issues.  Their plan is to put out song packs with 10 tracks in each one.  They said there are already 3 of these packs that are going to be out "soon" but they don't mention price or anything.

EDIT:

Oh yes they do mention it.  They said $10 for a 10 pack is the most likely price.  They also said there will be free music added as well.

Played about 20 minutes of Beat Saber and it's very fun. The move controls are pushed to the limit for me and the game really motivates you to fling them wildly, but too much craziness and I inevitably lose sync. I could see this being an issue when trying to play expert. In terms of value the 15 songs are great for the game even though it's not my preferred genre but even still the campaign is clearly going to recycle the content a good bit. The difficulty modes themselves change the song feel up but it's apparent the campaign is going to stretch thin by the end of 3-4 hours. It seems like a good deal for 20 bucks but DLC all but guarantees better package deals down the line for those who want to wait for a sale.

Played about 20 minutes of Beat Saber and it's very fun. The move controls are pushed to the limit for me and the game really motivates you to fling them wildly, but too much craziness and I inevitably lose sync. I could see this being an issue when trying to play expert. In terms of value the 15 songs are great for the game even though it's not my preferred genre but even still the campaign is clearly going to recycle the content a good bit. The difficulty modes themselves change the song feel up but it's apparent the campaign is going to stretch thin by the end of 3-4 hours. It seems like a good deal for 20 bucks but DLC all but guarantees better package deals down the line for those who want to wait for a sale.
Do you mean the move controllers get out of sync when doing too much or like it's just difficult for you to keep up because it's challenging?

Do you mean the move controllers get out of sync when doing too much or like it's just difficult for you to keep up because it's challenging?
Both. I find any games that require incredible precision from the move controllers suffer for it. On normal mode it's pretty manageable in Beat Saber but in Expert where you change swing direction often and the boxes come quicker you are constantly testing the bounding area the move can work in. I don't see it being a huge deal yet because I haven't really calibrated my space in a while for PSVR but at higher difficulty where few errors are allowed it might become a problem.

The new deals:

Apex Construct - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/26

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/27

The continuing deals:

Ace Banana - $2.99 - 80% Off - $1.49 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Animal Force - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 11/27
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/27
Creed: Rise to Glory - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Doom VFR - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Dying: Reborn - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Firewall: Zero Hour - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 11/27
Light Tracer - $2.99 - 80% Off - $1.49 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27

Megalith - $26.99 - 10% Off - Ends 1/8/19
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/27
Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $3.99 - 80% Off - $1.99 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Salary Man Escape - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 11/27
Sega Genesis Classics - $19.79 - 34% Off - Ends 11/27
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $12.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/27
Star Trek Bridge Crew - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/27
Star Trek Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $27.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Theseus - $7.99 - 60% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 11/27
Torn - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/27
Track Lab - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/27
Transference - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/27
Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/27
Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $5.99 - 40% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/30
Weeping Doll - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 11/27
Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner: Mars - $20.09 - 33% Off - Ends 11/27

New Releases:

Boxing Apocalypse - $19.99

Crow: The Legend - Free

Firewall Zero Hour - Trinket Lil Skip - Free

Squishies - $24.99

Wow Beat Saber is fun as shit.  Easy is like too easy, normal is feeling a bit more challenging.  I haven't gotten to any of the levels of the next difficulty yet in the campaign though but I'm sure it'll pick up the difficulty quickly.  I haven't noticed any latency issues or anything thankfully.  I did have some tracking issues that always happened at the end of the track like for the last 5 seconds of the first 2 levels I played, but I then turned off my lights and it stopped.  I think the 4 recessed lights in the camera view were confusing it.

Debating between the Moss/Astrobot VR bundle and the Creed/Superhot one.
I like the Moss/Astrobot games better than Creed/Superhot but I don't have any Move controllers and they seem kinda pricey.

Which bundle should I get?

I like the Moss/Astrobot games better than Creed/Superhot but I don't have any Move controllers and they seem kinda pricey.

Moss and Astro Bot are must buys, but I think you're saving more in the long run if you buy a bundle with Move controllers.

I’d say get the bundle with the move controls. Astrobot is $20 physical this week at GameStop. Moss has only dropped in price once,maybe twice. But having the move controllers leaves you open to more games in the future. Super hot should be enjoyable. Not sure about creed. But like others have said here, after playing Astrobot and Moss, other games seem shitty.

I’d also recommend beat saber. Wife and I had a great time playing it. +1 marriage xp

I just gave Creed about a 30 min session on easy. It’s not perfect, but I feel it was absolutely worth my $20 in gamestop credit. I look forward to playing it some more. I had almost no feeling of motion sickness and the move controller tracking was pretty decent. I wish there were a better solution for moving around the ring but I guess they did ok considering what they had to work with. One potential issue I can see is length/content. I think there are only like 7 fighters and as far as I can tell there aren’t any more training mini games beyond the ones immediately available.

My advice would be to get the bundle with Move, and buy Astro Bot/Moss separately. That would be around $300 total. Getting the Astro Bot/Moss bundle and then buying Move by itself later would cost about the same, but you'd have two less games for it.

I just gave Creed about a 30 min session on easy. It’s not perfect, but I feel it was absolutely worth my $20 in gamestop credit. I look forward to playing it some more. I had almost no feeling of motion sickness and the move controller tracking was pretty decent. I wish there were a better solution for moving around the ring but I guess they did ok considering what they had to work with. One potential issue I can see is length/content. I think there are only like 7 fighters and as far as I can tell there aren’t any more training mini games beyond the ones immediately available.
https://www.psu.com/news/creed-rise-to-glory-dlc-two-new-fighters/

also has free DLC coming

bread's done
Back