Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting on Star Child to get released...

Need more Moss and Astrobot type gems.
I'm kind of hopeful for Trover Saves the Universe. It's got the third-person Astrobot style mixed with the humor of Rick & Morty/Accounting+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgnIVVTc7k

Also, don't forget Ghost Giant. That game gives me tons of Moss vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnJz43e10

And holy shit am I pumped for Blood & Truth (finally). London Heist was one of my favorite early experiences on PSVR, can't wait to see that stretched out as a feature. And of course Iron Man, Golem, Concrete Genie, Luna, Five Nights at Freddy's (!) and Vacation Simulator all seem like lots of fun. I'm still waiting for that Groundhog Day game to drop too. Not sure how I'm going to afford any of this.

I'm kind of hopeful for Trover Saves the Universe. It's got the third-person Astrobot style mixed with the humor of Rick & Morty/Accounting+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udgnIVVTc7k

Also, don't forget Ghost Giant. That game gives me tons of Moss vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJnJz43e10

And holy shit am I pumped for Blood & Truth (finally). London Heist was one of my favorite early experiences on PSVR, can't wait to see that stretched out as a feature. And of course Iron Man, Golem, Concrete Genie, Luna, Five Night's at Freddy's (!) and Vacation Simulator all seem like lots of fun. I'm still waiting for that Groundhog Day game to drop too. Not sure how I'm going to afford any of this.
Hadn't seen Ghost Giant. It does look very good, and I really dig Zoink games.

Trover has the potential to be hilarious.

For those of you like me who like to buy the physical copies of everything....a listing has popped up on Gamestop for a Killing Floor Double feature which includes the previously released Killing Floor 2 and the VR Killing Floor Incursion. I am assuming this will be a Gamestop exclusive release considering the previous Killing Floor game was a retailer exclusive release. 

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/killing-floor-double-feature-vr/174645

For those of you like me who like to buy the physical copies of everything....a listing has popped up on Gamestop for a Killing Floor Double feature which includes the previously released Killing Floor 2 and the VR Killing Floor Incursion. I am assuming this will be a Gamestop exclusive release considering the previous Killing Floor game was a retailer exclusive release.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/killing-floor-double-feature-vr/174645
Available on Amazon as well: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNRVYG2

Borderlands 2 VR will be getting a free update that adds all of the game's dlc. The update is coming this summer.

I'm about a dozen hours into the game. I wonder if I should put the game on hold until the update? I don't know if the dlc should be played after completing the main game missions, or if they're incorporated into the main game well.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/borderlands-2-vr-update-to-add-all-existing-dlc-this-summer

This is a pretty awesome week for PSVR news. I already picked up a copy of No Man's Sky at Gamestop.

Borderlands 2 VR will be getting a free update that adds all of the game's dlc. The update is coming this summer.

I'm about a dozen hours into the game. I wonder if I should put the game on hold until the update? I don't know if the dlc should be played after completing the main game missions, or if they're incorporated into the main game well.

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/borderlands-2-vr-update-to-add-all-existing-dlc-this-summer

This is a pretty awesome week for PSVR news. I already picked up a copy of No Man's Sky at Gamestop.
They’re separate areas. Feel free to play them whenever.

They’re separate areas. Feel free to play them whenever.
Cool, thanks. I'll probably keep playing it here and there. There are a handful of games I want to keep playing. Plus, watch the Borderlands 2 and No Man's Sky updates come out around the same time.

I was thinking will this week have any more PSVR news? Sega FES is this weekend. There might be some Space Channel 5 news. A VR House of the Dead announcement would be great.

So now that the No Man's Sky rumor turned out to be true, do you think there's any chance for the Bioshock rumor?  Because Bioshock in VR would be a dream come true for me.

So now that the No Man's Sky rumor turned out to be true, do you think there's any chance for the Bioshock rumor? Because Bioshock in VR would be a dream come true for me.
I was absolutely convinced NMS VR was a pipe dream because NMS doesn't even run wonderfully on a PS4 Pro. Now that its coming in the summer I think a bunch of PS3 ports could happen. I'd prefer a Killzone trilogy ported myself.

The release date of that Ghost Giant SE is this month.  Does that mean the full game is being released this month too?  I don't see anything about it anywhere other than the release date on their website.

The release date of that Ghost Giant SE is this month. Does that mean the full game is being released this month too? I don't see anything about it anywhere other than the release date on their website.
I was looking around for a date earlier today and found April 16. Not sure if that’s everywhere or just the UK since that’s where Zoink is.

I planned to get the SE earlier today (I even set an alert on my phone to buy one), but the price was about $72 US plus shipping (and you had to send them a message to get a shipping quote outside of the UK). Probably would have worked out to around $100 total or so, which is way too rich for my blood. Looking forward to digital, though!

Link to article mentioning the April 16 release date: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjWno2AgrDhAhUO5awKHXjaDBkQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vrfocus.com%2F2019%2F03%2Fcharming-puzzle-adventure-ghost-giant-has-an-official-release-date-for-playstation-vr%2F&psig=AOvVaw0zsriW2MgwzPNNWBEdC9rK&ust=1554246622958052

I wasn't that excited by the Iron Man VR trailer when I watched the State of Play, but after reading a handful of impressions articles I'm getting hyped for it. It's not a rail shooter. You use the repulsors to fly around.

I think the story mode in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was the reason I wasn't interested in an Iron Man game. The writing in that story mode was so bad it's making me think any Iron Man/Tony Stark in a video game won't be good.

I'm at the mall Gamestop and Daracine VR is $10 new. Gonna pick it up.
Was just gonna post this after seeing it on twitter, cant believe its not sold out for shipping. will also mention loading human is 6.99 before coupons, and star wars battle front 1 still in stock for 4.99, read good things about its free downloadable vr mode.

Was just gonna post this after seeing it on twitter, cant believe its not sold out for shipping. will also mention loading human is 6.99 before coupons, and star wars battle front 1 still in stock for 4.99, read good things about its free downloadable vr mode.
Coupons?

If anyone is looking for the firewall aim bundle, it is part of the target buy one get one 50% off sale. I combined it with the Catherine collectors edition preorder to get the max discount. Target prorates their sales so if I end up cancelling the Catherine preorder I still get 25% off. Looking forward to trying Doom with the Aim controller. Now I just need a sale on some move controllers. I really should have spent the extra money and picked up the Creed VR bundle during black Friday week

How much do you pay for rentals that you think it’s better than buying for $10? Also, it’s a gamestop exclusive for physical and a somewhat niche FromSoftware game. How many places do you really think will have it for rent?

Posted this is gamestop thread, Persistense PSVR is $15.97. Anyone recommend it for this price? Has it been cheaper on Playstation store?

Posted this is gamestop thread, Persistense PSVR is $15.97. Anyone recommend it for this price? Has it been cheaper on Playstation store?
Recently was 15 on psn. I've played it and it's pretty good. Just not a hugh fan of the rouge like setup. I'm gonna pick it up for this price

Falcon Age is sounding like it's pretty solid from what I've seen people saying, looking forward to that

This coming from the guy that thought it was shady for stores to be out of stock of Moss around the holidays
When store managers and DMs actively suggest renting to customers, I see no issue with it. I’ve been talked out of buying new copies numerous times.

The new deals for this week:

Jupiter & Mars - $22.49 - 10% Off - Ends 4/22

Mind Labyrinth VR Dreams - $19.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/22

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 4/23

Table of Tales: The Crooked Crown - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 4/30
The deals that are still active:

ATV Drift & Trick Definitive Edition - $9.99 - 60% Off - $6.24 - 75% Off - Ends 4/25

Dead Land VR - $3.74 - 25% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 4/30

Moto Racer 4 - $13.99 - 65% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 4/25

Trover Saves the Universe - $26.99 - 10% Off - Ends 5/31

Verti-Go Home! - $2.59 - 80% Off - Ends 4/30

VR Ping Pong - $4.49 - 70% Off - $2.99 - 80% Off - Ends 4/22

New Releases:

Ghost Giant - $24.99

Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher - $19.99

QuiVr - $24.99

I want Ghost Giant so bad, but my CAG cred won’t allow me to buy it unless there’s an actual discount. Guess I’ll have to wait to read other people’s impressions here.

Totally forgot about Ghost Giant.  I may grab it this weekend.  I also want to get Katana Zero for Switch so I'll have some new stuff to start playing shortly.

Has anyone played Moto Racer 4 or ATV Drift & Trick? Reviews look bad, but VR reviews aren't the most trustworthy really and the prices are low enough that if one of you guys had anything good to say I'd think about picking one of the up.

I want Ghost Giant so bad, but my CAG cred won’t allow me to buy it unless there’s an actual discount. Guess I’ll have to wait to read other people’s impressions here.
Looks like Best Buy will be carrying the physical version of Ghost Giant so if you still have GCU it only comes out to $23.99 (which is a buck cheaper than the digital price). I think I may go that route.

After looking at videos and reviews of Ghost Giants, I think I'm going to pass.  I may get it if I hear positive things from people in here, but it isn't quite what I expected.  I kind of expected a Moss like experience but it seems to be quite different, and it seems like it could be repetitive.  And while it's about mosses length (3-4 hours) since I'm not excited for it like I was Moss, I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper.

After looking at videos and reviews of Ghost Giants, I think I'm going to pass. I may get it if I hear positive things from people in here, but it isn't quite what I expected. I kind of expected a Moss like experience but it seems to be quite different, and it seems like it could be repetitive. And while it's about mosses length (3-4 hours) since I'm not excited for it like I was Moss, I'll wait until it's a bit cheaper.

I feel the same. Yet the last time I mentioned Moss being too short, I was chastised. It's funny seeing the top review on amazon for moss saying it's no more than a $10 game since it's more of a long demo and chapter 2 should be free.

I feel the same. Yet the last time I mentioned Moss being too short, I was chastised. It's funny seeing the top review on amazon for moss saying it's no more than a $10 game since it's more of a long demo and chapter 2 should be free.
There's a big difference saying a game should be $10 (or whatever you said it should be due to length) than saying that you're not going to spend $30 on a game. Nowhere did I say how much the game should be nor do I think it's overpriced or too short.

So no, you don't feel the same.

There's a big difference saying a game should be $10 (or whatever you said it should be due to length) than saying that you're not going to spend $30 on a game. Nowhere did I say how much the game should be nor do I think it's overpriced or too short.

So no, you don't feel the same.

As you know my feelings of course.

Moss should have never been a physical $30 game. It should be a $15 at most digital release since it's essentially a one hour game, four hour maximum for the platinum in a blind playthrough.

What irks me about it is a real game, something like Astrobot, was $40 and very highly praised, and often on sale for $20. Yet a glorified tech demo never went on sale from $30. That is why I can't support something like that. If it went on sale at some point, I would have bought it. Yet they're pulling a move like Disney is with 4K BDs, they're charging a high price just because.

As you know my feelings of course.

Moss should have never been a physical $30 game. It should be a $15 at most digital release since it's essentially a one hour game, four hour maximum for the platinum in a blind playthrough.

What irks me about it is a real game, something like Astrobot, was $40 and very highly praised, and often on sale for $20. Yet a glorified tech demo never went on sale from $30. That is why I can't support something like that. If it went on sale at some point, I would have bought it. Yet they're pulling a move like Disney is with 4K BDs, they're charging a high price just because.
Basic economics would prove you wrong.

bread's done
Back