Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Of everything in today's Flash Sale, what are the must-have's for single player play? 

1. I'm assuming Thumper ($5), but what about Eagle Flight and Blasters of the Universe?

2. Also, if I have an Aim controller (but also a penchant for motion sickness)  which would you recommend: Arizona Sunshine or Dick Wilde? 

Thanks in advance for any input!

Anyone have any information on the Spider-Man: Far from Home Virtual Reality Experience that was revealed in this week's The Drop? I'm assuming it's another free 3-minute tech demo in the vein of Spider-Man: Homecoming VR (not that I'm complaining).

vr.png

I hadn't heard anything about that!  I sure wish we'd get a full Spidey VR game, but I'll take whatever crumbs Sony wants to throw at us!

The new deals for this week:

18 Floors - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Apocalypse Rider - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Drone Striker - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 7/9

Evasion - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/9

Gun Club VR - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

The Invisible Hours - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Moss - $19.79 - 34% Off - Ends 7/9

Moss + Soundtrack Bundle - $23.09 - 34% Off - Ends 7/9

Neonwall - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/9

Out of Ammo - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Paper Dolls - $12.74 - 25% Off - Ends 7/9

The Rabbit Hole - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Red Matter - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

RollerCoaster Arcade VR Bundle - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

Rush VR - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Sega Genesis Classics - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $16.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

Viking Days - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

The Walker - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

The existing deals from last week:

Beats Fever - $17.99 - 10% Off - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/28

Mars Alive - $15.29 - 10% Off - Ends 7/2

Virtual Virtual Reality - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 9/3

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1141439561236721664

$65 bucks. But cool looking extras. But $65 bucks.

I just noticed that Déraciné and Bravo Team got permanent price drops to $19.99 on PSN.

Curious if anyone has dug into Luna or Vacation Simulator yet. One is $14.99, the other is $29.99, guess which one I'm leaning towards??
The standard version of Accounting+ will be $24.99 and will also be an open preorder for about 2 weeks. It will also apparently be available at Best Buy by Black Friday according to the LRG product listing.

This is better here than in my tradelist:

I want a physical copies of  "Moss" or Donkey Kong Country Returns

I have digital codes for:

Trover Saves the Universe VR

Five Nights at Freddys VR

Mario Tennis Aces Switch

1 2 Switch

Will give codes first 

This is better here than in my tradelist:

I want a physical copies of "Moss" or Donkey Kong Country Returns
I have digital codes for:

Trover Saves the Universe VR
Five Nights at Freddys VR
Mario Tennis Aces Switch
1 2 Switch

Will give codes first
I'll buy that 4 a dollar

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Astrobot may be having a universal price drop to $19.99.  Best Buy is now showing it for $19.99 as a price drop and not a sale.

New in the market for VR curious on any suggestion if I should purchase a PSvr or or oculus quest
I have both. The Oculus Quest can’t run some games, and of course there are great PSVR exclusives, but it’s hard to beat the pick up and play if the Quest

The DLC in Moss being scattered throughout the whole game is pretty disappointing.  I thought it would just be additional chapters to the story.  I know it's free and all, but still, I just don't have much motivation to play through that game again.  I've probably beaten it like 5-6 times already.

The DLC in Moss being scattered throughout the whole game is pretty disappointing. I thought it would just be additional chapters to the story. I know it's free and all, but still, I just don't have much motivation to play through that game again. I've probably beaten it like 5-6 times already.
Yeah, that was a little frustrating. Even with the backtracking it only took me 2-3 hours to complete, though.

It was a nice little story snippet and some fun puzzles, but one of the new mechanics (the ranged shot thing) was hit-or-miss on working like it was supposed to. I can't complain for free DLC, though, it was a nice preview into what they're hopefully working on in a sequel.

The DLC in Moss being scattered throughout the whole game is pretty disappointing. I thought it would just be additional chapters to the story. I know it's free and all, but still, I just don't have much motivation to play through that game again. I've probably beaten it like 5-6 times already.
I played again for fun, but you can access each of the DLC portals using chapter select (and skip to the next one once you've finished it). The first one is midway through the third level (The Mire Temple), the second one is at the beginning of the fourth level (Last Respite) and the last one is towards the end of the fifth level, through the right door (The Abandoned City). Just look out for the glowing green sparklies and interact with them to be transported to a new world/side-quest. You get new armor, a new sword and fight a new boss (plus you meet a cool-looking character, Toad). There are also 7 easy trophies if you need additional motivation. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get through.

I played again for fun, but you can access each of the DLC portals using chapter select (and skip to the next one once you've finished it). The first one is midway through the third level (The Mire Temple), the second one is at the beginning of the fourth level (Last Respite) and the last one is at the beginning of the fifth level, through the right door (The Abandoned City). Just look out for the glowing green sparklies and interact with them to be transported to a new world/side-quest. You get new armor, a new sword and fight a new boss (plus you meet a cool-looking character, Toad). There are also 7 easy trophies if you need additional motivation. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to get through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc4SixDqvwA

This is the video I used to find the locations. The first one is the only one with a lot of backtracking, but the third one made me backtrack through my least favorite (screen? page?) in the game with the sentry and the rotating platform.

Does anybody know exactly when Physical copies of Superhot jumped up in price? I feel like a couple months ago, they were going for 25$USD TOPS. Now, I can't find a copy sub $60.

EDIT: Checked sold on Ebay, April 29th sold for $21.26 with Free Shipping. Seems like the bigger stores sold out and now smaller sellers are capitalizing.

Does anybody know exactly when Physical copies of Superhot jumped up in price? I feel like a couple months ago, they were going for 25$USD TOPS. Now, I can't find a copy sub $60.

EDIT: Checked sold on Ebay, April 29th sold for $21.26 with Free Shipping. Seems like the bigger stores sold out and now smaller sellers are capitalizing.
supply and demand

Moss is also rising in price, seems like a lot of the well-reviewed titles are heading that way. Might be a good time to pick up Astrobot as well.

The game is an import so its still readily available in its native country for around $30 shipped. If you look at the US sellers who are at $60+ their last ones sold were in the $30 range so most likely they bought out the UK sellers so they can up the local going rate

According to playasia superhot is out of print. I checked zavvi and there is no listing, though their PS4 selection is rather small. Base.com used to stock it but no longer does. And amazon.co.uk only has it from third party sellers. It may actually be out of print

supply and demand
I'm pretty sure failgecko already figured this out and didn't need it explained to them like they're an idiot.

Personally, I just kinda thought that it had a bigger distribution than I guess that it actually did. TBH, I'm not that 'in the loop' with physical print outside the US though. Just a poor guy tryin' to get some physical games for 'cheap'. I checked a couple places as well and came to the same conclusions that you guys did.

I have been tracking Moss and Astrobot for a minute. Thanks for the Heads-up!

Glad to see I came back to some helpful info.

I mostly lurk and always appreciate the info everybody freely shares. Thanks again!!

GAME UK still has it for 15.99 GBP, about $20: https://www.game.co.uk/en/superhot-vr-2304854

It at least appears to be orderable and does ship to US if you are looking to get a copy. I have not personally order from them in the past.

GAME UK still has it for 15.99 GBP, about $20: https://www.game.co.uk/en/superhot-vr-2304854

It at least appears to be orderable and does ship to US if you are looking to get a copy. I have not personally order from them in the past.
This far after release, you're likely to get a used copy with wear that they have slapped with a clear plastic sealing sticker claiming it's new ala Gamestop here in the US.

This far after release, you're likely to get a used copy with wear that they have slapped with a clear plastic sealing sticker claiming it's new ala Gamestop here in the US.
If you just want the game, it beats paying $60+, assuming the disc is not scratched up or something, but good to know that they have similar practices as GS.

The new deals for today:

Don’t Knock Twice - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/16

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $16.99 - 15% Off - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 7/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition - $29.99 - 40% Off - $24.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 1 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 2 - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - End of Zoe - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/9

The deals from last week that are still active:

18 Floors - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Apocalypse Rider - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Drone Striker - $7.49 - 25% Off - Ends 7/9
Evasion - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/9

Gun Club VR - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

The Invisible Hours - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Moss - $19.79 - 34% Off - Ends 7/9

Moss + Soundtrack Bundle - $23.09 - 34% Off - Ends 7/9

Neonwall - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 7/9

Out of Ammo - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Paper Dolls - $12.74 - 25% Off - Ends 7/9

Quar: Infernal Machine - $23.99 - 20% Off - $20.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/31

The Rabbit Hole - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Red Matter - $17.49 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

RollerCoaster Arcade VR Bundle - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

Rush VR - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Sega Genesis Classics - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

Skyworld - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/9

Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $16.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 7/9

Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 7/9

Viking Days - $1.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/9
Virtual Virtual Reality - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 9/3
The Walker - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/9

New release:

Scraper: First Strike - $19.99

Got Beat Saber tonight. Oh My God. It’s every bit as fun as I’d hoped it would be. Played for what felt like about 30 minutes but I think I wound up being in there close to 3 hours

bread's done
Back