Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn then i got lucky the two times ive price matched, got skyrim and ghost giant. one guy even adjusted for tax, the other just gave me back an even ten dollar difference , didnt say anything because it was still lower then price i wanted matched. i was expecting what u said , but was surprised the first time. so i was just expecting same thing again.

The new State of Play episode had some PSVR news:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/l-a-noire-the-vr-case-files-out-today-for-playstation-vr/

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files is out today for $29.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3_NdIp21M

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/after-the-fall-hits-ps4-next-year-from-the-creators-of-arizona-sunshine/

After The Fall is the new game from the Arizona Sunshine team and it's out next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXl-doffVEI

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/gorn-battles-to-ps-vr-this-winter/

Gorn Battles is coming to PSVR this Winter.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/24/stardust-odyssey-announced-for-ps-vr/

Stardust Odyssey was announced.

The montage of upcoming PSVR games from the show also featured some other games like Espire1: VR Operative and Space Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash! (Autumn 2019) among the others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PakR3ZCLkEo

Has anybody ever figured out a way to extend the play area of psvr? I hate moving the couch way up for seated experiences. I have to move it up like 3 feet. I hate getting the “Out of play area” message pop up, despite head tracking still seemingly working.

Has anybody ever figured out a way to extend the play area of psvr? I hate moving the couch way up for seated experiences. I have to move it up like 3 feet. I hate getting the “Out of play area” message pop up, despite head tracking still seemingly working.
Once i put my camera way above my tv it fixed most of my previous tracking issues.

I've noticed some Amazon vendors have some pretty decent physical disc deals on alot of the PAL-only import games that we didn't get in the US. But unless you order multiple games at once the shipping kills the deal. Downward Spiral is only ten bucks from Amazon UK but shipping is 6 bucks. American Dream was $15 something the other day but now it's out of stock. I wish they would just release these games physically in our region, but at least the PS4 is region free. I really want Quivr as well.  

Opinions: Stifled or Blind?
Oof, it's a real Sophie's choice. Both had their merits and drawbacks. Stifled has more of a survival horror angle, while Blind is a straightforward puzzler. Stifled has decidedly uglier graphics, while Blind looks a bit more polished. I'm not sure which one I would declare "best" in this case. I think overall I had a better time with Blind (despite a few stumpers), but Stifled had better scares (and story). Neither game is particularly great in its own right, so it's hard to recommend one over the other.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/04/marvels-iron-man-vr-soars-to-ps-vr-february-28-2020/

Iron Man VR is out 2/28/20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8dBqilIOOg

In addition to announcing our release date, I’m also excited to reveal our lineup of offerings:

• Standard Edition: $39.99 USD MSRP/$49.99 CAD MSRP
    (Available physically & digitally)
  • Digital Deluxe Edition: $49.99 USD MSRP/$59.99 CAD MSRP (Digital only) | Includes:
    Marvel’s Iron Man VR Game
  • 4 Deluxe Edition Deco Armors (Golden Avenger, Black Centurion, Sun Stinger, Stealth Armor)
  • 12 Research Points – Research Points are gained by analyzing combat data from Iron Man’s performance in the field. This research and analysis allows Friday to develop new technology (weapons and augments) for the Impulse Suit. Use these Research Points to unlock some weapons and augments early and customize to play style.
  • Marvel’s Iron Man VR Digital Deluxe Soundtrack
  • Digital Deluxe Edition Iron Man PS4 Theme

Pre-order any of these at your favorite retailer and receive a code good to download the following at launch:
  • 4 Custom Armor Decos (Origin Armor, Vintage Armor, Silver Centurion Armor, & Ultraviolet Armor)
  • Marvel’s Iron Man VR Dynamic PS4 theme
For those who pre-order from PlayStation Store, you’ll also receive a free month trial to Marvel Unlimited** and get a chance to read up on the comics that inspired this game. Find out more about the Marvel Unlimited here.

Okay that Iron Man game has some damn potential.  I will keep an eye out on that.

I'm a bit disappointed with the latest Beat Saber track pack.  First of all, I had no clue "Panic at the DIsco" was an actual band/singer lol.  I thought that was just the name of the track pack.  And the one "High Hopes" song I cannot stand, and that is one of the songs.

Additionally, there are only 4 tracks.  I looked up all the tracks on youtube and have absolutely no interest in this track pack.

This is the first track pack I haven't bought.  I want more EDM music.

Okay that Iron Man game has some damn potential. I will keep an eye out on that.

I'm a bit disappointed with the latest Beat Saber track pack. First of all, I had no clue "Panic at the DIsco" was an actual band/singer lol. I thought that was just the name of the track pack. And the one "High Hopes" song I cannot stand, and that is one of the songs.

Additionally, there are only 4 tracks. I looked up all the tracks on youtube and have absolutely no interest in this track pack.

This is the first track pack I haven't bought. I want more EDM music.
It's interesting you say that, I feel the opposite way. I don't dislike EDM music, but it seems like that's the only genre in games like Beat Saber. P!ATD is welcome from my perspective. The songs they chose aren't my favorite from their catalog but I'll take what I can get.

It's interesting you say that, I feel the opposite way. I don't dislike EDM music, but it seems like that's the only genre in games like Beat Saber. P!ATD is welcome from my perspective. The songs they chose aren't my favorite from their catalog but I'll take what I can get.
Yeah it's good that they have variety for sure. The last track pack was Imagine Dragons so I just didn't expect more of that pop/rock/alternative genre for the next track pack. I was hoping they would go back to EDM. They've only had 3 pay track packs and only 1 of them is EDM thus far.

I'm on the side of preferring songs I recognize, but I realize EDM is safe because you either love it or you don't care. I won't buy Panic at the Disco pack ever, even free, but some people are excited. I also would hesitate to buy more EDM because "it's more of the same" in my non-fan view.

I'm on the side of preferring songs I recognize, but I realize EDM is safe because you either love it or you don't care.
Oh, believe me, it's not just love it or don't care. I absolutely hate EDM. It's why I haven't bought Beat Saber and why I get so frustrated with Rhythm games these days. I love Rhythm games, but they've strayed so far away from Rock and into EDM that I can't play any without my ears bleeding now. Even Rock Band, which may not have moved into EDM yet, pretty much stopped releasing rock songs and now only seems to release songs from indie metal bands. I just wish Beat Saber would take the Beat Hazard/Audiosurf way of doing things and let you loadup your own mp3s.

Oh, believe me, it's not just love it or don't care. I absolutely hate EDM. It's why I haven't bought Beat Saber and why I get so frustrated with Rhythm games these days. I love Rhythm games, but they've strayed so far away from Rock and into EDM that I can't play any without my ears bleeding now. Even Rock Band, which may not have moved into EDM yet, pretty much stopped releasing rock songs and now only seems to release songs from indie metal bands. I just wish Beat Saber would take the Beat Hazard/Audiosurf way of doing things and let you loadup your own mp3s.
Utterly unfair comparison to a PC game. Will never happen on console using your own music.

Utterly unfair comparison to a PC game. Will never happen on console using your own music.
I mention Audiosurf purely because it was the first game to do it so I wanted to give it props. However, Beat Hazard is on PS3 and lets you use your own music. So does Space Invaders Infinity Gene and Kickbeat (both PS3) and Starship Disco (PS4.) That fair enough for you?

PSVR sale this week to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of its launch. List of titles in the link:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/08/playstation-vr-celebrates-third-anniversary-october-13/

Unfortunately, it's the same old fucking shit we've seen time and time again (with the exception of Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot for $10). I was really hoping for Five Nights at Freddy's VR at the very least. Still waiting on that hypothetical Halloween sale...
I'm still waiting for freakin' Fruit Ninja from 3 years ago. Don't hold your breath.

It's been awhile since I've put on the ol' headset. Doesn't seem that long ago I was reviewing a bunch of horror games this month last year. Looks like the only one I'll be getting to this Halloween is Rise of Insanity (on sale a few weeks back). I decided against Five Nights at Freddy's for $20.99 because it's way too expensive for cheap jump scares.

Anyway, Barry Burton asked about Rise of Insanity once, so here's the lowdown. It's definitely not worth it if you don't have VR (you can play without). It's such a barebones walking simulator and one of the simpler games I've played. The plot is rudimentary and the "twist" easy to figure out, and the game lasts about an hour, unrushed. There is one sequence that looked cool in VR, but sadly not much more. Definitely not worth it for full price, though it might be more easily digestible at $5 or less. There are a few jump scares littered throughout, and yeah, they got me every time (because they're cheap and easy).

Thinking about taking the VR plunge. What's the best deal on hardware? And do the PS3 motion controllers work? I still have my PS3 move set up.

There are $200 deals that will be popping up around black friday.  They won't come with move controllers and your PS3 ones will work, so you don't need a bundle with them.

Anyone know how much Audica will be?  As much as I enjoy Beatsaber, I'm guessing I will like that game as well.

Anyone get Audica?  I thought it would be $20 like the Steam version but it's $30 so it wasn't an impulse buy for me.  I'm curious how those who like Beat Saber feel about it.

Just watched that video for Audica. It looks like it’s trying to ape the Beat Saber formula, yet managed to look very...not good. I was instantly hyped from my first peek at Beat Saber and when I got it I was not wrong. This game didn’t grab me in the same way though.

Anyone get Audica? I thought it would be $20 like the Steam version but it's $30 so it wasn't an impulse buy for me. I'm curious how those who like Beat Saber feel about it.
The gameplay feels a little more varied but less refined than Beat Saber. The interface is a little lacking and notes seem to spawn outside of the field-of-view, but patches could remedy all of the gripes I have.

Unless you really like the OST or are desperate for more Beat Saber-like games I'd wait for a patch and/or sale. The core gameplay is there for sure, but it'll (probably) only get better as time goes on.

The gameplay feels a little more varied but less refined than Beat Saber. The interface is a little lacking and notes seem to spawn outside of the field-of-view, but patches could remedy all of the gripes I have.

Unless you really like the OST or are desperate for more Beat Saber-like games I'd wait for a patch and/or sale. The core gameplay is there for sure, but it'll (probably) only get better as time goes on.
Thanks for the quick review.

The complaint about notes off screen is something I read about on the PC version from like April and I doubt they have fixed that if it's in the PSVR version. I think I'll probably wait a bit at this point.

You know, I should just buy Moss now so I don't forget. PSN discount promos are pretty much dead, and I doubt there are any new copies left for retailers to put on sale.

I was looking at the BF bundles and was wondering if anyone could share information on the games in the bundles. My biggest concern is that I want to play Astro Bot & Moss which have a bundle together, but does the Mega pack bundle have too much value to pass? 

Target/Best Buy: PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games - $199.99
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
Resident Evil 7
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Everybody's Golf VR
PlayStation VR Worlds

Kohls: PlayStation VR bundle with Astro Bot (Disc) and Moss (Voucher) w/ $60 Kohls cash - $199.99

Best Buy: Save $100 on Playstation VR Bundles
Playstation VR with Move controllers, and Everybody's Golf (Voucher) & Blood & Truth (Voucher) Bundle - $249.99
PlayStation VR Mega Pack bundle with five games Bundle - $199.99 
PlayStation VR with Trover (Game Voucher) & Five Nights at Freddy's (Voucher) Bundle - $199.99

VR Worlds is like a $5 game at this point.  I'd bet Resident Evil is too.  I bought the Elder Scrolls bundle when it was new and never even opened that game before I sold it.  Everybody's Golf I wouldn't pay more than like $15 or $20 since it's just a barebones game, although the demo is pretty neat.  But it's like 3 courses and absolutely no online so it will get boring quick.

If it were me, I'd get the Kohl's bundle and use that $60 Kohl's cash to buy move controllers.  So you could basically get the Moss/Astro Bot bundle with 2 move controllers for $240 out of pocket.  

I gather the "Mega Bundle" doesn't include controllers? Still, it's the better value if you break down the games. Here are the lowest (digital) prices according to PSPrices.com:

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - $19.99
Resident Evil 7 - $14.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $21.59
Everybody's Golf VR - $29.99
PlayStation VR Worlds - $4.49

Moss - $14.99

The $60 Kohl's cash is good, plus saving $15 for Moss (assuming you're only interested in that and Astro Bot), but the Mega pack still has a fine assortment of games. And finding Move controllers will be a pain in the ass (I doubt Kohl's carries them), though you don't need it for any of those 6 games.

VR Worlds is like a $5 game at this point. I'd bet Resident Evil is too. I bought the Elder Scrolls bundle when it was new and never even opened that game before I sold it. Everybody's Golf I wouldn't pay more than like $15 or $20 since it's just a barebones game, although the demo is pretty neat. But it's like 3 courses and absolutely no online so it will get boring quick.

If it were me, I'd get the Kohl's bundle and use that $60 Kohl's cash to buy move controllers. So you could basically get the Moss/Astro Bot bundle with 2 move controllers for $240 out of pocket.
RE7 has held value well. Especially the gold edition simply for the vr

Wow I just learned that PSVR can do 3d blu rays? Anyone ever try this?

My 3d tv just recently broke so maybe I don’t have to get rid of my 3d Blu ray collection after all...

hmmmm on sony's site it seems to indicate no:

https://support.playstation.com/s/article/PS-VR-Watch-video-content?language=en_US

"Watching 3D Content

In Cinematic Mode, PS VR will display 3D games and films in 2D when playing on a 3D-compatible TV. When playing with non 3D-compatible TVs, PS4 won’t play 3D games and films."

Im going to have to try this when I get home. 

EDIT: theres plenty of youtube videos of people saying it works though. strange.

Is that true?  Because I also got rid of my 3D TV and was bummed by not being able to watch my 3D movies any more, then it occurred to me that PSVR can play 3D movies.  Is that not the case?

Wow I just learned that PSVR can do 3d blu rays? Anyone ever try this?

My 3d tv just recently broke so maybe I don’t have to get rid of my 3d Blu ray collection after all...
It's a mixed result because there's separation that almost totally eliminates crosstalk and ghosting found in the active shutter 3D tvs. The downside is the 1080p image is downscaled to the 960 horizontal that the split image creates. I'm in the same boat as my Samsung is showing some bad white spots and their repair services appear to be non-existent.

3D blurays on the PSVR is okay. You get depth, but things don't pop out of the screen very far. I only bought a few movies that I found for cheap. I didn't feel the need to build a 3D library.

I bought Jurassic Park, Predator, 300: Rise of an Empire, and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. The first two served as a way to also upgrade my dvd copies to bluray, and the last two have Eva Green.

I just tried it and it does indeed work. It’s actually pretty cool and really reminds me of sitting in a theater watching a 3d movie.

The only downside is the pop doesn’t feel THAT big and obviously the screen looks a bit pixelated.

Also I like watching movies with other people so not sure how much I’ll be using this, but if I don’t ever find a 3dtv at a thrift store it’s nice to see I don’t have to throw my 3d blu ray collection away.

bread's done
Back