Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Target and Amazon have Ace Combat 7 for $15. As far as VR goes, it seems to have five VR missions that last about three hours. That's kind of on par for some VR games. I bought one from Target. It's another PSVR game I have physical instead of digital, but 50% off the PSN sale price is too enticing.

Facebook bought Beat Games? I'll make sure I buy any dlc I might want soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook pulled it from PSN.

I haven't written a review in awhile. Falcon Age is kinda cool. It reminded me a bit of The Last Guardian, except instead of a giant winged Trico, you're directing around a much smaller falcon. It can be played without VR, but the immersive element is definitely the standout feature of the title (otherwise, it's pretty light on gameplay). Not too complicated to pick up; I switched on full locomotion and got a handle of the controls quickly, aside from one stupid minigame which gave me the worst time. The game feels a bit glitchy and unpolished at times, and your bird sometimes doesn't respond as quickly to your commands as you'd like (which is why it reminded me of Trico's finicky personality), but aside from that it's a pleasant overall VR experience. My chief complaints are that there's no full voice acting and no fast travel, and the map is pretty wide. The story lasts around 4-5 hours, so the current flash price ($12.99) fits accordingly.

How are you guys feeling about the 90 degree mode in Beat Saber?  I'm guessing the 360 mode is only on PC just due to sensors.  To me it is ... interesting.  I Have to give it more time.  It is definitely harder.  The first expert one I tried kicked my butt on a song I can easily get S on in normal expert mode.

I have to hand it to Gamestop as they are the only retailer that seems to be discounting these fairly new VR games. Amazon of course selectively price matches some of them but they seem to be few and far between. Picked up Golem and already had Wizards and Sairento. Would probably get Angry Birds 2 VR and Box VR if Amazon matched them (not making another Gamestop order).

I have to hand it to Gamestop as they are the only retailer that seems to be discounting these fairly new VR games. Amazon of course selectively price matches some of them but they seem to be few and far between. Picked up Golem and already had Wizards and Sairento. Would probably get Angry Birds 2 VR and Box VR if Amazon matched them (not making another Gamestop order).
Can you price match at Best buy?

I bought Golem for 30 from Target when it was still 40 at Gamestop thinking it would at least be a couple of months. Guessing the VR market is really slowing down for PSVR. For anyone interested, I've played Golem which has had a very curious development history. The short version is it's a game that was announced before PSVR (when it was called Morpheus) and was led by the lead design of Halo 2 and some other industry vets. It repeatedly missed release dates and many assumed vaporware before it eventually just showed up a month ago to very little fanfare.

It's a roguelike lite where you control a Golem (surprise!) to explore a forgotten city using a "magical VR system" that your character, a little girl, inherited from an older sister in a tragic accident. In the 3 hours I've put (6-8 hour game apparently) I've basically walked around fighting other golems using melee combat only in basic blocking/slashing game that increasingly relies on good reflexes and memorization. The game world, music, and production are all phenomenal but the game is bare bones. It feels like an indie title with a production budget but not nearly enough depth. The backtracking is not so bad but I imagine I'll be done at 6 hours if I complete it as it certainly doesn't feel like a game that was worked on for 4 straight years.

Thanks! Been waiting for Sairento to get cheap, and now was the time! I grabbed Golem and Angry Birds as well so ended up getting free shipping. My daughter will want to play Angry Birds, the only game I'm a little iffy on is Golem, reviews I read stated the control scheme was difficult to master and the game was hard to enjoy as a result.

Got my order of Sairento, Angry Birds and The Wizards from GameStop. Surprisingly all factory sealed with no loose discs.

I decided I want to get a full physical VR collection since it's a (relatively) small library and I've at least one of the heavy hitters already in Job Simulator. Picked up a bunch of stuff this week thanks to Gamestop's BTGO sale, but seeing this makes me wish I came to this decision a month ago.

Are there barely any sales anymore? Or are they just put in the PSN thread?

I decided I want to get a full physical VR collection since it's a (relatively) small library and I've at least one of the heavy hitters already in Job Simulator. Picked up a bunch of stuff this week thanks to Gamestop's BTGO sale, but seeing this makes me wish I came to this decision a month ago.

If you are just going for a NA collection it is rather small but you still also have the 13 released LRG VR titles and the 3 other VR compatible LRG titles (Volume, Thumper and Coroixier E) as well as that Rez Infinite from Iam8bit. When you start to add in the games that have just been released in the UK (honestly soooo many), Japan (Transference and then the pervy games) and German (Intruders, Hustle Kings, Mind Labyrinth etc) regions you are looking at another 60-70 titles. Some of those Japanese VR games Summer Lesson 1,2 and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 are super pricey too. I am at 134 physical as I am going for the complete collection but am not getting multiple copies of the same game in different regions (which could be easier on your wallet cause the US Robinson the Journey is getting pricey now and you can still get the UK import for around 25).

I used this site https://limitedgamenews.com/retail-psvr-games/ to get an idea of what I'm getting myself into, and cross checked each of the listings to see what came out in the US as well as abroad (as the site itself isn't always very clear) AND found some newer releases that weren't listed. I picked up Robinson locally for $15, so yay to that I suppose. As far as the LRG releases, when I looked over ebay it seemed like most of them were available for $50 or less- which isn't too bad of a premium considering how some LRG releases go. 

I'm very mad at myself about the Rez release. I love that game and was going to get the physical when it was originally available but talked myself out it. I have the import Dreamcast and US PS2 version.  Did I really need a 3rd hard copy? Well as it turns out...

I was pretty impressed with the number Euro only titles available on Amazon for $20 or less. Grabbed a bunch already. I've got games that had VR modes added to them on the list as well, but stuff like the Sega Genesis Collection and the Persona dancing games where it was clearly barely an after thought are pretty low priority for me. I won't cry if I never complete it, but at least it gives me something to keep my out for when it comes to current gen stuff. Very few modern games interest me at all anymore. 

edit: oh, I'm considering the 3D Rudder as well, but can anyone here vouch for it?

Looks like Gamestop has a few of those titles you quoted back on sale. Namely Box VR for $14.99 and VR Ping Pong Pro for $14.99.

It appears Amazon has matched the price for VR Ping Pong Pro at $14.99 (only 6 left in stock currently):

https://www.amazon.com/VR-Ping-Pong-Pro-PlayStation-4/dp/B07V9ZGJRS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1YNTBIH90Y2YP&keywords=ping+pong+vr&qid=1580191183&s=videogames&sprefix=ping+pong%2Cvideogames%2C188&sr=1-1

Broke out the PSVR over the two weeks to play Tokyo Chronos and Project Lux. I know it's not a deal, but I thought I'd share my thoughts in case anyone's eyeing them.

Project Lux is fairly mediocre as far as VR games go. It plays out like an episodic series and is mostly on autopilot while you have the freedom to look around, occasionally making choices by looking at items. The story was underwhelming and there wasn't a lot to it graphically (about three backgrounds and two characters). It's $25 for about two hours and I can't really recommend it;

On the other hand, Tokyo Chronos is pretty solid. A visual novel is an interesting genre to put into VR and it works fairly well. Essentially you can look around at the scene as the text/events are unfolding, but it's still a button press to progress (unlike Project Lux, which just played on like a movie. A dub would've been a nice add to the immersion, but given the amount of text in the game I can understand why they didn't spring for it. Took around 15 hours to complete and aside from a few choices for "bad" endings it's a linear experience. Pacing is my biggest complaint, but the story is pretty decent overall and it's a good excuse to break out the headset. $50 seems like a bit much for it, but on sale I could see it being a gem.

One odd thing about Tokyo Chronos, though - the translation absolutely tanks for one specific scene. It only lasts for about five minutes, but it goes from sounding like normal, localized English to Google Translate. It's so bad that one of tne of the characters' names becomes "Street Alley" for that scene. As soon as it transitions to a new scene everything's back to normal, but it's bizarre that it wasn't flagged in QA.

Two days too late to be relevant, but it appears they just gave a permanent price drop to Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son. Down 50% to $14.99 (not on sale.)

Anybody play Box VR? It looks to be a direct ripoff of Beat Saber but with boxing gloves rather than light sabers. More Beat Saber wouldn’t be a bad thing so I’m wondering how Box VR holds up by comparison

Anybody play Box VR? It looks to be a direct ripoff of Beat Saber but with boxing gloves rather than light sabers. More Beat Saber wouldn’t be a bad thing so I’m wondering how Box VR holds up by comparison
I have. Picked it up back in Mid-December when GameStop had it new for $15. Sat on my shelf until my doctor told me, the day after Christmas, that I had diabetes and needed to take medicine daily, lose weight, etc. So I restarted my Atkins diet (cutting out almost all carbs/sugar dropped me down from 210 lbs to 189 in less than a month and a half) and popped in Box VR to work on getting some exercise.

I can't compare it directly to Beat Saber since I haven't played that one, but based on videos I've seen, it looks like they both use the standard Rock Band style "Hit things coming at you in time to the music" gameplay (I wouldn't say it's a rip-off, as both the games are clearly inspired by RB.) So you've got two colored spheres that come down the room towards you, each color matches a specific hand. Based on the animation the spheres are making, you have to hit it with either a jab, hook or uppercut. Sometimes you have shields flying towards you, which you have to block by putting both hands up in front of it, and occasionally giant flat or diagonal blocks fly towards you that you need to either duck under or dodge to the side.

You can choose to play a workout (which is a select list of songs back-to-back), or make your own playlist from all the songs (this is how you would choose a single song to play as well.) The songs are hit-and-miss, depending on your tastes, and a lot of them crossover genres. So you may have separate lists for Rock, Pop, Techno, Rap, etc. but some songs may show up in both Pop and Rock, or both Pop and Rap, etc. None of the songs are from artists I've ever heard of, but there are a loooot of songs to play.

You'll definitely be standing up playing it and you'll get exercise. I hadn't even finished playing one of the half-hour sets and I was tired out and sweating. It's an enjoyable game, but know you're going into it more for the workout than you'd get playing Beat Saber.

By the way, looks like Amazon matched the $14.99 price at Gamestop if you have Prime, or just want a sealed copy (instead of a gutted one):

https://www.amazon.com/Boxvr-PlayStation-4/dp/B07X7D9FQR/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=box+vr+ps4&qid=1582128606&s=videogames&sr=1-5

Bit of a tanget here, but I wanted to chime in and say thanks to all those that have recommended Base. Got a handful of EU exclusives at good prices, quick shipping, overall smooth experience. Might overtake VGPlus as my go-to.

Nice, thanks for the heads up, this was the price I was waiting for. The sale price seems to be from the publisher (GS2 games) selling on Amazon as a third party. Looking at their store front they also seem to have some other decent prices (like Quar Infernal Machines VR for $9.99 and Everspace Stellar Edition for $19.99).

Nice, thanks for the heads up, this was the price I was waiting for. The sale price seems to be from the publisher (GS2 games) selling on Amazon as a third party. Looking at their store front they also seem to have some other decent prices (like Quar Infernal Machines VR for $9.99 and Everspace Stellar Edition for $19.99).
Id hold off for like $5 on Mars Odyssey. The "game" is barely 15 minutes long and there isn't really anything to do. You basically do a little repair in 4 locations and that is the entirety of the game. Also the trophies are all glitched and do not synch to the PS network. Just a heads up.

I don’t think it’s on sale right now but I just started playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with my GF the other day and we had a really good time with it. One person is in VR trying to describe/diffuse a bomb while one or more people look through a bomb manual to find out how to diffuse. The bomb manual can be accessed on the PS4 or online. We found it better to just use our iPad than the PS4. I’ve seen it on sale for $7.50 a bunch of times and maybe $5-6 once. Highly recommend, especially on sale. Keep in mind you need someone to play with

Man I haven't played much PSVR in a while. There just hasn't been anything new out in a bit that has grabbed my interest.  I even lost interest in Beat Saber as I used to play it all the time.  

Any games you guys looking forward to coming out over the next few months that I should keep an eye out for?

I don’t think it’s on sale right now but I just started playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with my GF the other day and we had a really good time with it. One person is in VR trying to describe/diffuse a bomb while one or more people look through a bomb manual to find out how to diffuse. The bomb manual can be accessed on the PS4 or online. We found it better to just use our iPad than the PS4. I’ve seen it on sale for $7.50 a bunch of times and maybe $5-6 once. Highly recommend, especially on sale. Keep in mind you need someone to play with
I second this. I bought the game to bring with me to my family Christmas Dinner last year, and my cousin and I spent hours playing. Usually we play Rock Band, but then when the PSVR came out, I started bringing that along with RB. This Christmas we finally transitioned fully to the VR. We had a blast playing Keep Talking. He was in the headset the entire time and I had printed out a copy of the manual before I went over so I could just flip through it. Totally a game I can see us playing at every family gathering.

Is Mars Odyssey VR any good? thanks!
No. It is barely a tech demo. You go to 4 locations and have a "repair" you have to do. These take around 30-60 seconds to finish. All the trophies don't synch with the PS network as well so you won't even get your trophies for playing this 15 minute game. This is like a demo you would show someone that has never played VR.

bread's done
Back