Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Golem any good?
Golem is really polished, the battle mechanic gets repetitive though as it is the same thing through the whole game. The story is pretty lack luster though (and you have to go through a longish story before actually getting into the game play). If you are trophy hunting it doesn't total up the memories or treasures you find so you REALLY don't know how close you are to finding everything. It is a solid 7/10. Also note that you can use two move controllers to play but it is easiest to play with a DS and move. You can also use PS Navigator controller if you own one.

How much of an improvement over Box VR is Beat Saber? I enjoy Box, but I've heard Beat Saber is peak PSVR...and it's never going on sale, apparently.

Never played Box VR so I can't compare, but Beat Saber is by far my most played PSVR game and if you enjoy rhythm games you will love it.  

It doesn't go on sale because it doesn't have to in order to get sales.

I have been waiting and hoping for this news. Very happy
Me too! I tried to play the demo of this multiple times at Star Wars Celebration 2019 because it was an Oculus exclusive at the time, but they always capped the line because it was so popular. Now I get to play it at home on my PSVR!

I mean, wtf? This is easily the biggest release in the last what, 18 months for PSVR and it's a stealth release? If you are not familiar with it yes its a horror game but has an incredible amount variety content and choice. Put simply, this would be a pretty solid FPS in 2D and is only heavily enhanced by VR immersion and VR mechanics (like melee) that are well implemented.

How did I not know this was a thing? I've watched a couple of videos on the PSVR version and it looks like something I would enjoy.

Why is there a tourist edition for $49.99, or a standard edition for $39.99 and tourist upgrade for $9.99. Is the tourist stuff just add-on dlc? I would like a cheapass price, but I feel like I'm going to grab it anyway.

How much of an improvement over Box VR is Beat Saber? I enjoy Box, but I've heard Beat Saber is peak PSVR...and it's never going on sale, apparently.
While they're both rhythm games with similar concepts, their purposes are very different. Beat Saber is a very fun game. Total pick up and play for anyone and great to show off to friends. Get a group together, pass everything around, and have a fun night. It's perfect for those of us who treat VR as something to share with others while still being a blast by yourself.
BoxVR is a workout simulation that also happens to be fun. There's no penalty for failing in the normal play. You'll do workouts from just a couple minutes long all the way up to over an hour, if you so choose (and are able). This is not great for sociability, unless it's just a couple of you and you're patient with each other. But it does make working out legitimately fun.
So it kind of depends on what you're looking for. I have both and love them equally for the different reasons described above.

I mean, wtf? This is easily the biggest release in the last what, 18 months for PSVR and it's a stealth release? If you are not familiar with it yes its a horror game but has an incredible amount variety content and choice. Put simply, this would be a pretty solid FPS in 2D and is only heavily enhanced by VR immersion and VR mechanics (like melee) that are well implemented.
I agree. This is up there with the Darth Vader game and Iron Man in the tier of games that Sony should be shamelessly promoting right now.

While they're both rhythm games with similar concepts, their purposes are very different. Beat Saber is a very fun game. Total pick up and play for anyone and great to show off to friends. Get a group together, pass everything around, and have a fun night. It's perfect for those of us who treat VR as something to share with others while still being a blast by yourself.
BoxVR is a workout simulation that also happens to be fun. There's no penalty for failing in the normal play. You'll do workouts from just a couple minutes long all the way up to over an hour, if you so choose (and are able). This is not great for sociability, unless it's just a couple of you and you're patient with each other. But it does make working out legitimately fun.
So it kind of depends on what you're looking for. I have both and love them equally for the different reasons described above.
Beat Saber is also a crazy workout too. I just wanted to put that out there since he made this sound like you don't get a workout in it.

I don't know if I like the idea of sweating up my VR headset for a workout. :whistle2:k
On the Quest I've tried a couple of workout apps and while I haven't hit the wall yet I know at some point I'll need to remove the face cushion and wash it because it gets quite sweaty after about 30 minutes. I haven't even seen how easy it is for PSVR but while for Quest it "looks" straight forward have I'm not sure what wear and tear will look like or even how I'd eventually replace it.

Got real excited to see blood and truth hit so low, until I realized I had already bought a copy off eBay back in March. Luckily I remembered before I could check out

I just got done with the first world in Astrobot. That game is soooooo cool!!  I really think a lot of people are missing out. 100 million PS4's out there and like only 6 million of them have PSVR. Far too low.

I just got done with the first world in Astrobot. That game is soooooo cool!! I really think a lot of people are missing out. 100 million PS4's out there and like only 6 million of them have PSVR. Far too low.
Astrobot and Moss are the 2 best "non traditional" VR games.

I say non traditional because they are not what you think of when you think VR games.

Astrobot and Moss are the 2 best "non traditional" VR games.

I say non traditional because they are not what you think of when you think VR games.
I beat Astrobot last week. Such an awesome game! It's right up there with Super Mario Odyssey for best platformer this gen.

It's part of the Double Discount sale that started on Wednesday.
That’s weird. I scrolled through the sale the other day and didn’t see it, though I do now. Plus the psprices alert didn’t come through till today. Either way, the price is right so I’m going to grab it

That’s weird. I scrolled through the sale the other day and didn’t see it, though I do now. Plus the psprices alert didn’t come through till today. Either way, the price is right so I’m going to grab it
The Playstation blog post had asterisks by some games. Some games went on sale a day or two after the sale started. Raw Data was one of them.

cable got chewed by my pet
Before spending any money you might want to try fixing the wires. I’d think it would be worth a shot at least. If it fails to work you probably want to get a used v1 camera off eBay. They seem to run about half the price of the v2 and the only difference is aesthetics.

Before spending any money you might want to try fixing the wires. I’d think it would be worth a shot at least. If it fails to work you probably want to get a used v1 camera off eBay. They seem to run about half the price of the v2 and the only difference is aesthetics.
Yeah there isn't really a reason you couldn't just fix this yourself if it's just the cable that got chewed up. If there are a lot of little wires in there it may be tedious but just reconnecting wires is straight forward.

I was the opposite. I was looking forward to it though waiting for a sale, but the demo really impressed me. I have the game preordered.
I never preorder anything, but I agree that the game looks awesome, and I'll buy it at the first available sale.

Anyone see anything on sale on the PSN store this week that's notable? They don't allow to filter through VR games this time, but I looked through and didn't catch anything. Wondering if I missed anything cool.

Any news on Disaster Report 4 getting some more stock or am I stucking paying scalper prices for it?

Figured once covid died down more copies would start popping up but that seems to not be the case.

I just got done with the first world in Astrobot. That game is soooooo cool!! I really think a lot of people are missing out. 100 million PS4's out there and like only 6 million of them have PSVR. Far too low.
Astrobot is one of the best games I've played this gen including non VR games. Even the Platinum was a blast to get. Really hoping for a proper sequel and not that demo thing for the PS5.

If you like Astrobot I highly recommend Moss if you haven't played it yet.

Those are the 2 "non obvious" VR games that are just mind blowing to me.

When I say non obvious I just mean like non scary/fps/beat saber type of thing.  Not that there is anything wrong with those at all, but just that Astrobot and Moss are something completely out of the box.

+1 to those who love Astrobot

The ps5 demo looked more like a non-vr mario odyssey clone, which isn't nearly as interesting as a true VR sequel

Also I didn't care much for moss.  Found it to be very overrated.

bread's done
Back