Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Grabbed the Iron Man bundle last night along with Trover Saves The Universe, Everyone's Golf VR, Doom VFR, and Gran Turismo Sport. Got home and bought Resident Evil Biohazard, Creed Rise To Glory, Five Nights at Freddy's Help Wanted, and AstroBot.

What else should I cop? I have EA Play and I was gonna try out the timed trial of Squadrons.
Moss is also a must have.

Highly recommend Farpoint with Aim controller too.

I second pretty much all the recommendations people have been giving. Here are some more games I love but rarely see brought up:
I Expect You to Die
Statik
Headmaster
Thumper
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (if you have someone to play with)
Accounting+ (if you like Rick & Morty)

I forgot about Statik.  I really wish there was a sequel to that game.  Those puzzles were a blast to try and solve.  I loved everything about that game.

I’ll add these:

No mans sky
Rez Infinite
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Minecraft
Pinball FX2
Superhot VR
Superhot VR has a demo on one of the demo discs available on the PSN store. It's amazing and an absolute must own. It's a little short though (as most VR games are).

I was shocked by how unreadable and blurry the text was in the pre-game opening sequence. I know the PSVR is limited by the PS4 but they would have been better off changing the intro sequence from the PC instead of that. It isn't necessary anyway.

Okay I had no clue Pistol Whip has been out on PSVR since July 30th.

Anyone have any opinions on it?  If I like Beat Saber will I enjoy that game?  I know they aren't the same but are both rhythm games.  

Has it gone lower than $25 yet?

Anyone have any opinions on it? If I like Beat Saber will I enjoy that game? I know they aren't the same but are both rhythm games.

No drops since it came out. I've been very curious to hear people's opinions of that one also.

Anyone have any opinions on it? If I like Beat Saber will I enjoy that game? I know they aren't the same but are both rhythm games.

I bought it on Quest near release. It's quite fun though maybe not as great as Beat Saber or Superhot imo but it's often discussed in those circles and some people seem to like it more.

Instead of a very kinetic and constant swing action you are dodging slow-mo bullets in the same vein as Super Hot but moving forward and shooting back with an infinite ammo handgun you have to reload. There are weapon skins I believe but not dual wielding or other weapons afaik. The levels are much more elaborate than Superhot and Beatsaber with music that animates the entire world.

I was happy with the purchase because the game isn't going to age at all in my opinion and I could play it from time to time and just enjoy a level or so on medium or even easy. I think someone who liked Beat Saber would like it quite a bit.

I bought it on Quest near release. It's quite fun though maybe not as great as Beat Saber or Superhot imo but it's often discussed in those circles and some people seem to like it more.

Instead of a very kinetic and constant swing action you are dodging slow-mo bullets in the same vein as Super Hot but moving forward and shooting back with an infinite ammo handgun you have to reload. There are weapon skins I believe but not dual wielding or other weapons afaik. The levels are much more elaborate than Superhot and Beatsaber with music that animates the entire world.

I was happy with the purchase because the game isn't going to age at all in my opinion and I could play it from time to time and just enjoy a level or so on medium or even easy. I think someone who liked Beat Saber would like it quite a bit.
Interesting. I'll have to check it out.

I feel the same way about Space Pirate Trainer. I think I manage to play that game 90% of the times I turn on my headset.

Anybody have thoughts on the upcoming Five Nights at Freddys Help Wanted? They’ve got a $10 gift card with purchase and it’s only $30 ($24 for me with my last few remaining weeks of gcu). I know it’s not out yet so bony could have hands on experience, but general opinions are welcome

Anybody have thoughts on the upcoming Five Nights at Freddys Help Wanted? They’ve got a $10 gift card with purchase and it’s only $30 ($24 for me with my last few remaining weeks of gcu). I know it’s not out yet so bony could have hands on experience, but general opinions are welcome
It's just coming out in physical form, but it's been out for a while digitally. I bought it for my kids that love FNAFs and they have a blast with it.

It’s been digital for awhile but it’s a blast in VR.

Thanks MobileFrank and Razzel for the replies. I didn’t realize it was already out digital. I went ahead and looked up some reviews and decided to bite on it. I had a gift card anyway so I’m turning a $25 GC into a $10 GC and the game. Works for me

Best Buy has physical copies of 'Batman Arkham VR' for $9.99. It's probably been a few years since the disc was half off. It's been going in and out of stock though. 

Batman for some reason gets kind of a bad rap, but I loved it. As one of my early VR games, the experience couldn’t be beat. Granted VR has gotten better in the last few years, but I think it’s still worth checking out

Covid isn't the problem. A lot of Best Buy stores are very well stocked with the Iron Man PSVR Bundle (like 15 instead of the usual 1 or 2) so a deal must be happening soon enough.

Batman for some reason gets kind of a bad rap, but I loved it. As one of my early VR games, the experience couldn’t be beat. Granted VR has gotten better in the last few years, but I think it’s still worth checking out
Just played through it about a week ago, long after beating games like SuperHot, Iron Man, No Man's Sky, etc., and I'd still recommend it. Easily worth $10.

Covid isn't the problem. A lot of Best Buy stores are very well stocked with the Iron Man PSVR Bundle (like 15 instead of the usual 1 or 2) so a deal must be happening soon enough.
I like the sound of that. I imagine the interested parties either have PSVR or are waiting for PS5 VR. Then there's me - the CAG right in the middle looking for it cheap.

I hope the Star Wars Squadrons VR mode is pretty good. Ordered it from Best Buy today. I really liked the VR mission they tacked on to Battlefront, so my hopes are high

So I've had my PSVR for just under 2 months now, and I have bought sooooo many games for it. I feel like a crackhead trying to get a fix. The last couple of PSN sales have been great. I spent way too much.

I hope the Star Wars Squadrons VR mode is pretty good. Ordered it from Best Buy today. I really liked the VR mission they tacked on to Battlefront, so my hopes are high
It's not just a mode, the entire game is meant to be played in VR. I played the game at release and loved it. If you're susceptible to motion sickness, play for shorter sessions, as you will be whipping your head and craft around in typical flight sim fashion to hit enemies. I'd also spend some time with the control options. It might work for you, but I could not get a handle of the default control scheme and had to change it.

It's not just a mode, the entire game is meant to be played in VR. I played the game at release and loved it. If you're susceptible to motion sickness, play for shorter sessions, as you will be whipping your head and craft around in typical flight sim fashion to hit enemies. I'd also spend some time with the control options. It might work for you, but I could not get a handle of the default control scheme and had to change it.
I managed to grab a thrust master flight stick and it helps so much.

And since I got the flight stick, I went ahead and got Ace Combat and Ultrawings.

The Battlefront VR mission made me sick on my first try. Apparently I was almost done and didn’t realize it. That game did not save progress so I had to do it over from the start. I got all the way through on my second try. Some games make me sick and others don’t. I was super surprised when Wipeout did not make me sick. If Squadrons makes me sick, I just hope they have a good checkpoint/save system so I can get through the whole thing

The Battlefront VR mission made me sick on my first try. Apparently I was almost done and didn’t realize it. That game did not save progress so I had to do it over from the start. I got all the way through on my second try. Some games make me sick and others don’t. I was super surprised when Wipeout did not make me sick. If Squadrons makes me sick, I just hope they have a good checkpoint/save system so I can get through the whole thing
It has a fairly generous checkpoint system. I don't get motion sick unless it's already too warm in the room. With 'Squadrons,' there's a mission you're forced to use the A-Wing and for some reason that mission gave me all sorts of motion sickness. I avoided the A-Wing there on out, and didn't have a problem.

It has a fairly generous checkpoint system. I don't get motion sick unless it's already too warm in the room. With 'Squadrons,' there's a mission you're forced to use the A-Wing and for some reason that mission gave me all sorts of motion sickness. I avoided the A-Wing there on out, and didn't have a problem.
Motion sickness in VR tends to be worse for people if there isn't a lot of vehicle around you to create a point of reference. This is why Wipeout works even for people who get motion sickness, because they make sure the cockpit is very much in your view and minimizes your view out the sides of the ships.

I'm guessing the Y-wing, in being authentic to the movies, has a really open field of view that might be problematic for some.

The craziest "point of reference" study related to VR sickness is some researchers who found that rendering a virtual nose in the scene between the eyes could really help motion sickness for a significant percentage of users who were susceptible to motion sickness. Crazy right?

Motion sickness in VR tends to be worse for people if there isn't a lot of vehicle around you to create a point of reference. This is why Wipeout works even for people who get motion sickness, because they make sure the cockpit is very much in your view and minimizes your view out the sides of the ships.

I'm guessing the Y-wing, in being authentic to the movies, has a really open field of view that might be problematic for some.

The craziest "point of reference" study related to VR sickness is some researchers who found that rendering a virtual nose in the scene between the eyes could really help motion sickness for a significant percentage of users who were susceptible to motion sickness. Crazy right?
lol I hadn't heard of the virtual nose thing. I don't know. In my opinion it just goes back to how any given person's brain processes the sense of moving when the body actually isn't, and it just varies by person. But I'm no VR researcher. I still have to get around to playing Wipeout.

lol I hadn't heard of the virtual nose thing. I don't know. In my opinion it just goes back to how any given person's brain processes the sense of moving when the body actually isn't, and it just varies by person. But I'm no VR researcher. I still have to get around to playing Wipeout.
I'm up on the science because I used to get sick in VR within minutes, but I slowly built up a tolerance with timed exposure and a lot of ginger over the span of a month or so. Now I can play VR for hours on end. Smooth movement still does me in if I'm not in a virtual vehicle.

Wipeout is amazing, I highly recommend it to everyone.

How are the graphics in VR?

I'm up on the science because I used to get sick in VR within minutes, but I slowly built up a tolerance with timed exposure and a lot of ginger over the span of a month or so. Now I can play VR for hours on end. Smooth movement still does me in if I'm not in a virtual vehicle.
Wipeout is amazing, I highly recommend it to everyone.
Have you tried walking in place when your character moves? That helped me so much with smooth movement.

How are the graphics in VR?
They are some of the best for PSVR, easily. Yes, still not as good as a PC headset or Oculus, but everything is clear and detailed, and there is not issue with draw distance. The detail and clarity in each cockpit is especially impressive.

People still look too small to me in VR though, but this isn't a 'Squadrons' specific issue. People always have smaller frames and are shorter than I feel they should be. It's been like that since the beginning of VR though.

People still look too small to me in VR though, but this isn't a 'Squadrons' specific issue. People always have smaller frames and are shorter than I feel they should be. It's been like that since the beginning of VR though.
I agree with this 100%. In pretty much every VR game I've played, all the people I've encountered have much smaller frames. If I'm standing face-to-face with someone from two feet away, I should see their head, neck and maybe shoulders. Not their entire face, torso and arms.

any other games didnt make u sick? im on the same boat as u. i get motion sickness. i bought the PSVR black friday last year. only game i played was RIGS. couldnt even finish the tutorial and i was about to throw up. after that, i never touch it since.

any other games didnt make u sick? im on the same boat as u. i get motion sickness. i bought the PSVR black friday last year. only game i played was RIGS. couldnt even finish the tutorial and i was about to throw up. after that, i never touch it since.
One thing that helped me a lot with my motion sickness from certain VR games was having a fan nearby on low so my face could feel the breeze from it while doing games like Wipeout and others. It’s like it tricked my body into being more comfortable with the fast movement or something. May be worth a shot to give that a try, too.

Needs a faster and higher res screen. Psvr is a hobby product at best. Games kind of have dried up the last few years.

There are a ton of games that don’t make me sick in VR, but totally benefit from the VR mode or are VR only games. Anything where you don’t play in first person doesn’t make me sick; Tetris Effect, Moss, Astrobot, Darknet, Thumper. Games where you are in first person but don’t have much locomotion; Creed Rise to Glory, Beat Saber, I Expect You to Die, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Headmaster, Accounting+, Batman. There are even some first person games that weren’t bad but would definitely get me eventually if I spent too much time; Resident Evil 7, Doom VFR, Farpoint.

This is by no means a comprehensive list. There is plenty of good stuff out there for the poor schmucks like us with poor constitutions. This is just some stuff off the top of my head that I’ve played. One other thing, whatever you do don’t play Until Dawn Rush of Blood. No other game has made me so unbelievably sick, and fast too.

I bought a couple bags of ginger chews and keep one handy for when I use the PSVR. You can build up sea legs but when I get a little nauseous the ginger helps a lot. A fan helps too if you have one you can use.

Oh, man, you chose a *rough* game to be your first PSVR experience. More than any other title, that one made me sick. If you want to build up tolerance, go in an order kinda like this:

Stage 1: Superhot, Gunjack, Tetris Effect, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Stage 2: Operation Warcade, BoxVR, Beatsaber, Moss, Everybody's Golf
Stage 3: Blood and Truth, Creed, Doom VFR, Rez
Stage 4: Rush of Blood, Driveclub, Farpoint (with comfort settings), Iron Man
Stage 5: Skyrim, Wipeout, Rigs, Sairento, Telefrag

Keep in mind, that's just my experience. But I can tell you that even stage 2 made me ill at the beginning, and now I can handle limited time with stage 5.

I tried playing Farpoint several times but it always made my stomach hurt.  It seemed like a really cool game, especially with the gun, but its not worth feeling sick after so I gave up.

Needs a faster and higher res screen. Psvr is a hobby product at best. Games kind of have dried up the last few years.
We need PSVR2 for PS5.

Trying to decide between Saints & Sinners, Squadrons, or Ghost of Tushima.

bread's done
Back