Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Squadrons is $17 at Target right now. Ships free without any other purchase with red card, too.

Dreams is $20 lots of places including the PS store digital.

Where in the world are the psvr bundle deals? Cyber Monday coming up and I didn't find any for Black Friday. The Iron Man bundle for $350 is is not a deal.

Where in the world are the psvr bundle deals? Cyber Monday coming up and I didn't find any for Black Friday. The Iron Man bundle for $350 is is not a deal.
Exactly my thoughts! I'm finally interested in PS VR and the deals stop. C'mon Sony! Maybe the next major deal will be during the Summer time for "Days of Play"?

MY PS5 PSVR adapter showed up today. No email it was coming and FedEx didn't knock on the door. A neighbor told me a package was on my doorstep. Very odd but I have it now. I won't be getting a PS5 for awhile but now I know I can use the PSVR when I do. I'm wondering if Sony comes out with a new headset if it will include the adapter or it will be something with a brand new camera that plugs right into the PS5. I don't know all the inputs/outputs it has on it.

I got my PSVR adapter for PS5 (apparently two weeks ago). It didn’t have even close to the right name on the package. I thought the it had been delivered to the wrong address. Was going to see if it was one of my neighbors but couldn’t find anyone with the name on it in my city let alone neighborhood.

Was going to take it to the post office but forgot about it. So decided to open it and low and behold the adapter, which I had been wondering what happened to, was in it. Think something in Sony’s system must have gotten mixed up. Address was correct but name was nowhere near correct.

I don’t have a ps5, but the PS4 pro improves many games. I would expect the ps5 to run the games similarly to the way the PS4 pro does

I did just see on reddit that DWVR has been updated for the PS5 with a 120FPS patch now also.  Don't own the game, but have to be happy that certain developers are continuing to support their PSVR titles like that. 

Would be nice if id fucking updated Doom VFR with a god damn left handed patch.  That is never coming and is the reason my game is still sealed.  Wish I could return it.

So the gen one breakout box didn't pass through HDR. Do we know if the PS5 loses any features when used with the second gen box (like maybe not passing though 120fps games properly)?

Picked up the Vader game, is it any good? I need to request an adapter for Dreams since someone redeemed the adapter for the unit I have already.

So the gen one breakout box didn't pass through HDR. Do we know if the PS5 loses any features when used with the second gen box (like maybe not passing though 120fps games properly)?
It most certainly would not be HDMI 2.1 compliant, so, no to 120Hz.

Covid isn't the problem. A lot of Best Buy stores are very well stocked with the Iron Man PSVR Bundle (like 15 instead of the usual 1 or 2) so a deal must be happening soon enough.
Hmm, BB now listing PSVR as openbox only. They sold out for real?

I'm considering buying a few things from the current sale, any opinions on these?

Probably buying:

Shadow Legend VR
Esper
The Assembly
Gun Club VR
Rush VR

Also considering:
Electronauts
Witching Tower
Transpose
Arizona Sunshine
Detached

Any PS5 owners playing psvr games? I think blood and Truth is the only game that was upgraded for PS5. Have you noticed major load time differences in horribly long load time games like Iron Man?

Any PS5 owners playing psvr games? I think blood and Truth is the only game that was upgraded for PS5. Have you noticed major load time differences in horribly long load time games like Iron Man?
I've only played Beat Saber and didn't notice anything different. I hadn't played it in months so the new menus and stuff were all new to me.

I tried playing one of the demo discs that require move controllers, but as soon as the game loaded up the move controllers turned off. And when you turned them back on, it went back to Home Screen. Not sure what is up with that.

Then I went to play Astrobot and quickly realized that the DS5 controller doesn't work with PSVR lol when it makes you basically calibrate the light on the controller. And since I sold my PS4 Pro, I now need to find a DS4 controller to play PSVR games with.

I've only played Beat Saber and didn't notice anything different. I hadn't played it in months so the new menus and stuff were all new to me.

I tried playing one of the demo discs that require move controllers, but as soon as the game loaded up the move controllers turned off. And when you turned them back on, it went back to Home Screen. Not sure what is up with that.

Then I went to play Astrobot and quickly realized that the DS5 controller doesn't work with PSVR lol when it makes you basically calibrate the light on the controller. And since I sold my PS4 Pro, I now need to find a DS4 controller to play PSVR games with.
Gotcha. I have to think a lot of the games load quicker at least which is huge for Ironman and other games that have bad load times. I watched some youtube vids and this is indeed the case. PS5 loads PSVR games quicker. I believe Blood and Truth is the only game to get upgraded to take advantage of the PS5. I would own a PS5 right now if the thing wasn't so damn big.

Oh and go WFT! Win today and they clinch the division!!

Both versions of the Iron Man bundle show up if you just search for PlayStation VR.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-vr-marvels-iron-man-vr-bundle/6439591.p?skuId=6439591
No wonder PSVR isn't that popular. That's not a consumer friendly price. Combine that with the cost of a PS4 or PS5 and it's too expensive to be worth it. Considering that Oculus is $299 and has less wires and better graphics and a more user friendly interface and you can see where Sony really needs to improve.

It's clear that Sony doesn't care about PSVR anymore. They are only making enough units that they know will sell through at full price. Third party games won't dry up for awhile (just like PS Vita) but Sony studios are for sure all in with the PS5 now (and a few PS4 ports).

Sure 5 million units is great for a peripheral like this but that's nothing considering their 110 million user base. It probably needed to move 20 million for PSVR2 to be worth developing.

It's clear that Sony doesn't care about PSVR anymore. They are only making enough units that they know will sell through at full price. Third party games won't dry up for awhile (just like PS Vita) but Sony studios are for sure all in with the PS5 now (and a few PS4 ports).

Sure 5 million units is great for a peripheral like this but that's nothing considering their 110 million user base. It probably needed to move 20 million for PSVR2 to be worth developing.
And it would have been too if the cost of entry wasn't so high and there wasn't so many wires.

And it would have been too if the cost of entry wasn't so high and there wasn't so many wires.
I will say the headset is very comfortable, what killed me was when they announced ps4 pro and HDR and the box didn't support it, like what in the hell why

I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, it’s all logical and wouldn’t be a surprise if Sony dropped support. I’ve seen patent leaks from Sony that suggest they are working on new VR tech. I hope it’s true, PSVR wasn’t supported very well from a first party perspective but I loved it and the PS5 would be able to handle a much more immersive VR experience.

As much as I would want an Oculus I can’t justify buying one of the newer headsets with the ridiculous Facebook integration that’s forced.

It makes sense that Sony would shift focus to a new headset for their new console, but it is a little odd they didn't have a holiday discount on the current PSVR. Maybe not to detract from the PS5? But that's sold out anyway.

Last night I was playing Astro Bot Rescue Mission on my PSVR, but I was having a lot of input/controller problems- at times the controller was completely unresponsive, other times it’s movement and my button presses registered several seconds late. None of these problems were happening the previous couple nights I played the game, and I didn’t change my setup before playing last night. I’ve never had this issue when playing PSVR before, but this is the first PSVR game I’ve played on my PS5.

I tried using two different Dialshock 4s on my PS5, and the PlayStation camera was connected to my PS5 using the PS5 camera adaptor and an PlayStation camera extension cord.

Has anyone here had problems like this when playing this game or any PSVR game, or when playing a PSVR game on PS5?

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - The Complete Edition is currently half off ($19.99 with Prime shipping) on Amazon. This is the first discount I've seen for the physical release. Best Buy has only had it for in store pick up for some time. 

Thanks for the heads up on Walking Dead. Just ordered a copy. I almost picked up TWD Onslaught the other day for the same price, but my understanding is that this one is better by quite a bit so I’m happy

Thanks for the heads up on Walking Dead. Just ordered a copy. I almost picked up TWD Onslaught the other day for the same price, but my understanding is that this one is better by quite a bit so I’m happy
From what I've read/heard (I haven't played either yet), 'Saints & Sinners' is a deeper, more survival game where 'Onslaught' is a more shallow, action game. People definitely seem to prefer 'Saints & Sinners' but 'Onslaught' does have a few principal cast members from the show.

Last night I was playing Astro Bot Rescue Mission on my PSVR, but I was having a lot of input/controller problems- at times the controller was completely unresponsive, other times it’s movement and my button presses registered several seconds late. None of these problems were happening the previous couple nights I played the game, and I didn’t change my setup before playing last night. I’ve never had this issue when playing PSVR before, but this is the first PSVR game I’ve played on my PS5.

I tried using two different Dialshock 4s on my PS5, and the PlayStation camera was connected to my PS5 using the PS5 camera adaptor and an PlayStation camera extension cord.

Has anyone here had problems like this when playing this game or any PSVR game, or when playing a PSVR game on PS5?
I tried Ultrawings for the first time last night and it was very jerky - even the laptop desk (menu) was more or less vibrating. I quit the game, recalibrated everything and it was a lot better but not perfect. Wish I could be of more help. I last played Superhot all the way through and had zero issues prior.

I'm also playing on the same setup - PS5, camera adapter, DS4s.

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - The Complete Edition is currently half off ($19.99 with Prime shipping) on Amazon. This is the first discount I've seen for the physical release. Best Buy has only had it for in store pick up for some time.
Thanks, been looking for a deal on this ever since BBY sold out of it.

I tried Ultrawings for the first time last night and it was very jerky - even the laptop desk (menu) was more or less vibrating. I quit the game, recalibrated everything and it was a lot better but not perfect. Wish I could be of more help. I last played Superhot all the way through and had zero issues prior.

I'm also playing on the same setup - PS5, camera adapter, DS4s.
I've been trying for months now to get the free PSvr adapter for PS5, get errors everytime, any hints on how to get it to go through?

I've been trying for months now to get the free PSvr adapter for PS5, get errors everytime, any hints on how to get it to go through?
Have you tried a different browsers/clearing your cache? I had troubles at first (back when the site went live) and eventually got it to go through for two different VR headsets.

I too had trouble and my serial never went through. Kept telling me it had to start with some letter that it clearly was started with. Tried on multiple browsers, in incognito mode, had friends try in other states, etc. It never worked.

Eventually I just took my serial # and started swapping random numbers and like the second one I tried worked.

So I pretty much may have screwed someone else out of not being able to get one, because if I entered that serial again it said that the number had already been redeemed.

Dropped almost $100 on PSN vr games earlier. Got No Man's Sky, Espire/Killing Floor, Dirt Rally VR, Gorn, and Atv Drift and Tricks.

Bunch of stuff announced going forward. Maybe another interest spike.

Is Dreams worth picking up for $10 if I'll never create anything?

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/23/introducing-the-next-generation-of-vr-on-playstation/

Not this year but good to know they are officially working on a new headset! The one cord is a tad odd seeing how other VR headsets are wireless. Still much better than the current set up though.
Probably to keep cost down but also not have the headset as heavy. I'm personally ok with this. The cord has rarely been an issue for me (even spinning around in 'Iron Man'), but I can understand how it has been an issue for people, and the concern given how wireless headset are common now.

Bunch of stuff announced going forward. Maybe another interest spike.

Is Dreams worth picking up for $10 if I'll never create anything?
I thought the story mode was really well done even though it was fairly short. It's also been out long enough where I'm sure people have made some really cool stuff by now.

Probably to keep cost down but also not have the headset as heavy. I'm personally ok with this. The cord has rarely been an issue for me (even spinning around in 'Iron Man'), but I can understand how it has been an issue for people, and the concern given how wireless headset are common now.
Especially since it's not coming this year. Maybe they can eliminate the cord by then.

I thought the story mode was really well done even though it was fairly short. It's also been out long enough where I'm sure people have made some really cool stuff by now.
I imagine viewing creations is the main draw. Or at least that was the impression that I got.

bread's done
Back