Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly think this is my favorite PSVR game. Great stuff.
I don't really "get it" after about 20 minutes of play so I'm going to watch some videos today.

Like, I don't get exactly what you have to do to get the high scores is what I mean.

I also didn't see my "personal best" updating after I played each level. It stayed at 0 so I wasn't sure wtf was up with that.

I have full game codes for moss, trover saves the universe, and five nights at freddys. I don't have a current trade thread on this for psvr. Will consider lowballs

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1367124063915802625

Doom 3: VR Edition is the first announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/face-your-nightmares-in-doom-3-vr-edition-for-ps-vr/

March 29, Aim Controller support.

--

Song in the Smoke is the second announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/embrace-the-primal-wilderness-of-ps-vr-survival-game-song-in-the-smoke/

Survival game from the GalakZ devs. Out later this year.

--

Fracked is the third announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/ps-vr-action-adventure-fracked-launches-this-summer/

Summer release. Fast-paced shooter.

--

I Expect You To Die 2: The Spy and The Liar is the fourth announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/i-expect-you-to-die-2-the-spy-and-the-liar-returns-to-ps-vr/

Out later this year.

--

Zenith is the fifth announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/expansive-jrpg-inspired-mmo-zenith-is-coming-to-ps-vr/

Anime-style VR MMO with Breath of the Wild-style exploration mechanics.

--

After the Fall is the sixth and final announcement:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/from-the-creators-of-arizona-sunshine-after-the-fall-brings-fast-paced-co-op-fps-action-to-ps-vr/

From the Arizona Sunshine devs. Cross-Platform co-op.

I wonder if they will have a left handed mode in Doom 3.  They never patched in left handed mode in Doom VFR and I still have that game sealed because of them.  So fuck them and I won't be purchasing Doom 3 unless it's like $5.

I played Ironman VR on my PS5. I mostly bought a PS5 now instead of waiting for a slim because I read and heard so much about how much better PSVR games were on it. For those of you that have played it, Ironman suffers from pathetic load times. I played and beat it on an PS4 Pro and it was ridiculous how long the load times were. Well, PS5 is the real deal. The game loads so much faster now. This might sound weird but I already am having more fun playing it now. One of the longest load times was the 3rd chapter. I remember it taking like 2 min just to load. Well, now it's maybe 30 seconds! I played about an hour trying different missions and other post game stuff. Load times are improved for every level.

This is the first VR game I have played on PS5 and am eager to start Blood and Truth although I might play a shorter game first like Eagle flight but anyway, if you are really into VR and can afford one, I highly recommend a PS5 even though it's an ugly huge beast. I will be playing VR much more now knowing the load times are so much better. I noticed a slight improvement with the graphics but it's been months since I played Ironman so maybe it looks the same. I thought Shanghi had like close to PS2 graphics when I first played it but I wasn't really bothered with them this time. I'll have to research whether or not it makes all VR games look better but so far, the better load times are as advertised. Other PS4 games are either enhanced or will load faster and run better too so that's also a bonus. VR just got better!

Personally I want the cord because I know what it means if it's absent. The current headset is comfortable. Sure the wire occasionally gets hooked on the chair but there's enough slack that it hasn't been an inconvenience. On the other hand that wire means we don't need a battery, aren't limited to half hour sessions before charging, and won't have to worry about connection issues or lag. The battery life on the DS4 is weak enough that I never use it wirelessly.

You know what I want most? A shorter minimum distance. My games are set up in a corner and my biggest annoyance are VR games that say I'm too close to the camera. And yeah as someone who does enjoy it I can't wait to see how the PS5 helps.

If you look around you can probably find Doom on disc for less. I liked it, just know it's quite fast paced. I didn't get sick but there were moments I had to pause a sec.

I really wanna try Beat Saber, has it ever been on sale? Can't bring myself to spend that much for anything digital, especially if song packs are $15 each on top of it.

If you look around you can probably find Doom on disc for less. I liked it, just know it's quite fast paced. I didn't get sick but there were moments I had to pause a sec.

I really wanna try Beat Saber, has it ever been on sale? Can't bring myself to spend that much for anything digital, especially if song packs are $15 each on top of it.
Doom 3 isn't out yet. You're thinking of Doom VFR. I still have that piece of shit sealed cause ID sucks and lies.

I don't think Beat Saber has ever been on sale because it doesn't have to. They aren't hurting for sales.

Doom 3 isn't out yet. You're thinking of Doom VFR. I still have that piece of shit sealed cause ID sucks and lies.

I don't think Beat Saber has ever been on sale because it doesn't have to. They aren't hurting for sales.
Crap, I could have sworn I saw VFR but no they're talking D3.

I know, but what about those of us who don't want to pay full price? If it were on disc then yeah $30 is ok. Digital, no more than $10.

I know, but what about those of us who don't want to pay full price? If it were on disc then yeah $30 is ok. Digital, no more than $10.
Well then you're simply not going to play one of the best games on PSVR lol. I don't think they are too concerned about the $10 you aren't giving them.

Don’t understand this question.

It’s 30 bucks.

pay 30 bucks and play it.

don’t pay 30 bucks and don’t play it.

Who shops GameStop a lot? How often are their exclusives rare? I’d like Doom 3 VR, but I’d love for a sale first. And if not a sale, at least free shipping. I was online looking and it will only let me preorder for shipping, not sore pick up. It doesn’t qualify towards the free shipping minimum of $50 either, so no matter what it appears you have to pay $6 extra to get it

Who shops GameStop a lot? How often are their exclusives rare? I’d like Doom 3 VR, but I’d love for a sale first. And if not a sale, at least free shipping. I was online looking and it will only let me preorder for shipping, not sore pick up. It doesn’t qualify towards the free shipping minimum of $50 either, so no matter what it appears you have to pay $6 extra to get it
Even when it gets a price drop, at that point you are only getting a gutted copy so there isn't much of a saving

Well then you're simply not going to play one of the best games on PSVR lol. I don't think they are too concerned about the $10 you aren't giving them.
I'm probably not the only one. It's too much to charge if I'm not gettiing a disc and the DLC costs a ton too. If I don't get to play it then whatever.

There’s a big difference between what Doom VFR was and this new Doom 3 VR. The latter is a remake of an entire 15 hour game. I think $20 is a great price. Fingers crossed that it turns out well.

I'm probably not the only one. It's too much to charge if I'm not gettiing a disc and the DLC costs a ton too. If I don't get to play it then whatever.
But you are wrong. It's not too much to charge. If it was too much to charge, they wouldn't be the #1 seller on PSN basically since it launched and would have dropped the price to get more sales.

This is simple economics at work.

You also don't "need" the DLC to play the game. You keep bringing that up. There is plenty of content with the base game.

But you are wrong. It's not too much to charge. If it was too much to charge, they wouldn't be the #1 seller on PSN basically since it launched and would have dropped the price to get more sales.

This is simple economics at work.

You also don't "need" the DLC to play the game. You keep bringing that up. There is plenty of content with the base game.
Yes and no. $30 is too much for anything digital, this is a fact. Some people don't care and will pay that just like those who buy the same Madden or CoD every year. Or those who only get a few games and say $70 isn't the end of the world. Lootboxes too. Because of these people those things will continue. I don't care. I've been visiting this site for years because I'm the player who ends up with like 250 games by the end of a gen. Full price is bad.

Yeah you kinda do. Music games thrive on getting new songs much like FPS's need new maps. If you're stuck with a few originals it gets stale a lot quicker. I get your point it's not a forced purchase or anything, but I'm looking at it like the 'full' game is a few hundred bucks and the fact it's digital means it can be gone one day just like that.

Yes and no. $30 is too much for anything digital, this is a fact.
I mean ... this is simply not true. You don't know what fact means.

If it was, then nothing in the world would sell digitally for more $30+.

I get it. You personally won't spend $30 on something digital for your own reasons. But stop spewing stupid information.

I'm done with this and I'm not even trying to convince you to buy it. I couldn't care less if you miss out on probably the best PSVR game for reasons.

I mean ... this is simply not true. You don't know what fact means.

If it was, then nothing in the world would sell digitally for more $30+.

I get it. You personally won't spend $30 on something digital for your own reasons. But stop spewing stupid information.

I'm done with this and I'm not even trying to convince you to buy it. I couldn't care less if you miss out on probably the best PSVR game for reasons.
It is true. Digital is supposed to be cheaper because we're getting less. Nevermind what site we're on. Nothing SHOULD sell for that much digitally but like I said before some people don't care. Lots of people think lootboxes are a terrible idea too. They aren't going away soon. It is what it is.

If the price were lower it would be the best. I'll just reward some other devs. I'm not short on VR games.

Yes and no. $30 is too much for anything digital, this is a fact. Some people don't care and will pay that just like those who buy the same Madden or CoD every year. Or those who only get a few games and say $70 isn't the end of the world. Lootboxes too. Because of these people those things will continue. I don't care. I've been visiting this site for years because I'm the player who ends up with like 250 games by the end of a gen. Full price is bad.

Yeah you kinda do. Music games thrive on getting new songs much like FPS's need new maps. If you're stuck with a few originals it gets stale a lot quicker. I get your point it's not a forced purchase or anything, but I'm looking at it like the 'full' game is a few hundred bucks and the fact it's digital means it can be gone one day just like that.
You are very confused by what YOU think is too much to pay and what is reality.

The reality is if 30 bucks was too much to pay, nobody would buy it and it wouldn’t be the number one selling psvr game. They are selling it at this price. Loads and loads of copies. Never putting it on sale. This is literally the opposite of what you are suggesting.

In a free market the cost of something being too much is what the market will bear. Clearly in this case they are having no problems selling it at 30 dollars. Therefore it is not too much. We understand YOU think it’s too much and hats fine.

You didn't read a word I said.

They're losing those waiting for a sale. I doubt that many paid that much, wasn't it bundled with some of the other headsets? In any case someday it'll be cheap or free, we'll see a clone or something.

Even when it gets a price drop, at that point you are only getting a gutted copy so there isn't much of a saving
The point of my question was not about whether or not it will get a price drop, but more about it it will sell out and be super rare like Job Simulator. I don’t shop at GS much and don’t keep up on their exclusives so I was wondering if there was any trend with the low print runs for them

I just now found out that the Last Guardian is not a full VR game. Just has a little demo in VR LOL. I bought the game last year thinking it was another cool game to play in VR. Jokes on me😜

The point of my question was not about whether or not it will get a price drop, but more about it it will sell out and be super rare like Job Simulator. I don’t shop at GS much and don’t keep up on their exclusives so I was wondering if there was any trend with the low print runs for them
GS exclusive Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is one of the more rare PS4/Xbox One game. Déraciné was their last exclusive VR game

GS exclusive Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is one of the more rare PS4/Xbox One game. Déraciné was their last exclusive VR game
But for every UMVC3, there are also the Killing Floor 2's, Katamari ReRoll's, and Ghostbusters Remastered's that all saw reissues at other retailers in some fashion.

It's really just a crapshoot what games are gonna end up being rare collector's items

I’ve decided to just wait and see how it goes with the physical Doom 3. If I can get it without spending extra for shipping then I’ll probably go ahead and get it. Otherwise I guess digital will probably get cheap soon and often like all the other Doom games have

But for every UMVC3, there are also the Killing Floor 2's, Katamari ReRoll's, and Ghostbusters Remastered's that all saw reissues at other retailers in some fashion.

It's really just a crapshoot what games are gonna end up being rare collector's items
Totally. I'm a collector so I do make the effort to track down the disc versions. While you know the few sites like Limited Run will probably not show up anywhere else, the other stuff might pop elsewhere and last a few weeks or be gone in an hour. It's hard to tell most of the time. Trying to guess whether it'll be valuable is a whole separate issue. I buy to play so I usually go for the basic versions rather than the $100 grab bag of stuff.

The Persistence is getting a PS5 upgrade sometime this year. It's still sealed/unopened on my shelf so no reason to play it now when an upgrade is coming.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1372243360015130625

Starting March 25, 2021

PlayStation and some of our favorite indie partners are collaborating to provide more free games to explore while you’re staying safe and staying home:

Rez Infinite

Prepare yourself for the ultimate version of Rez, a thrilling journey of sights and sounds and shooting action, remastered and upgraded by members of the original development team exclusively for PS4 and (optional) PlayStation VR.

We’re also proud to serve up a selection of free PlayStation VR games*** starting on March 25:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Get a whole new perspective on platform games, thanks to PlayStation VR, in this daring rescue operation. Take control of Astro in a massive adventure to rescue his crew, where the PS VR headset puts you right in the thick of the action. Judge every jump with accuracy and be curious – there are lots of secrets to discover in your daring quest.

Moss

Moss is a single-player action-adventure puzzle game and new IP from Polyarc tailor-made for the VR platform. In Moss, players meet Quill, a young mouse with dreams of greatness beyond the confines of her settlement. While exploring the woods, she finds a mysterious Glass Relic and an ancient magic is awakened.

Thumper

Thumper is rhythm violence: classic rhythm-action, blistering speed, and brutal physicality. You are a space beetle. Brave the hellish void and confront a maniacal giant head from the future. Every crushing impact is interwoven with a pounding original soundtrack. To reach synesthetic bliss, you must go through rhythm hell.

Paper Beast

Experience a dreamlike odyssey in virtual reality. Discover a wild ecosystem, born from lost Internet data. Be the first to explore a world inhabited by exotic and surprising creatures, and shape your environment to overcome obstacles and puzzles. Unravel the mysteries of Paper Beast, a game born from the imagination of Eric Chahi (Another World, From Dust).

This amazing selection of PS4 games and PS VR games will be available for free download from March 25 8:00pm Pacific Time to April 22 8:00pm Pacific Time.

We’ll have more to share soon. We appreciate the support from the PlayStation community, and hope you enjoy our latest content drop – please stay safe and thanks for playing!

That's really cool. I have a couple of them, because: 'REZ' and 'Astro Bot,' and couldn't bring myself to buy the rest of whatever reason. I wouldn't mind playing 'Moss' again.

Astro Bot and Moss are like 2 of the best games on PSVR.  Thumper is awesome too.  REZ is pretty fun too.  I own all of them and don't regret buying them at all.

Abzu is also awesome as a non PSVR game.

Wow those new controllers are fantastic looking.  I'm super excited to see the headset.  From the look of the controllers it looks like they are doing it right and I bet the headset will be great too and be on par resolution wise with PC ones.  That is the major thing holding back PSVR and even though, it's still fine.

I hope Moss 2 is a launch title.  They had talked about working on part 2 from right after Moss was released.  And I'm guessing Astro Bot 2 also.

Ok lineup. Already have Rez, Moss, Astro, and Gungeon on disc with Tumper and Witness digital. The last 3 weren't that interesting but if they're free then I dunno.

As for the hardware I hope those controls aren't too big. Better have good battery life.

Ok lineup. Already have Rez, Moss, Astro, and Gungeon on disc with Tumper and Witness digital. The last 3 weren't that interesting but if they're free then I dunno.

As for the hardware I hope those controls aren't too big. Better have good battery life.
LOL!! Horizon Zero Dawn complete is flipping amazing! Sony is giving away some incredible games regardless if we own already or not.

I’m balls deep in the Avengers upgrade and it does look amazing even if it doesn’t change the game a great deal. I’m still wanting it to be more like Ultimate Alliance than Destiny but at least it’s not terrible.

bread's done
Back