Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are iffy on the current price of PSVR, the issue is the screwing up of the production pipeline thanks to Covid. Everything new these days has had its production screwed up, and a ton of various products have had their prices increased as a result. This is especially true of products that involve microchips. (Which all VR headsets inevitably do) This is why it is much harder to find these things on sale, despite how long ago they came out. And its why newer products like the PS5 continue to be in such short supply. Supply is way down all over, and this lack of stock keeps the prices high.

If you are hoping to get better deals, you will have to be patient and wait until the production pipeline re-stabilizes. It will happen eventually. Given the recent announcements about the next iteration of PSVR, and the competition from the Oculus, you might also consider waiting for other VR options entirely. Now isn't a good time to be diving into this for the first time, especially if you are hoping for a bargain.

Vader Immortal ($15) and Star Wars Pinball VR ($12.50) are both on sale on psn right now. Not new lows, but both match previous lows

Borderlands 2 is also back to its best low of $19.99. I haven't had any time to play anything the last couple of months (except for some quick burst games on flights), but I've been itching to play some VR.

I'm definitely going to play Moss 2 at some point, but for now I'm waiting to see what happens with PSVR2 - specifically whether it ends up being backwards compatible or whether an "enhanced" version of Moss 2 comes out for it.

Kind of unfortunate timing to release on the precipice of PSVR2, as I imagine a lot of others are in a similar boat.
I have to see of Moss 2 is an actual game or just a tech demo like the first one.

Yeah I'm out of the country right now and was about to head out at like 10:20am and clicked the link and it allowed me to purchase like 5 mins later.  I'm glad they went early but kinda messed up for those who were waiting for exactly 11am.

Yeah I'm out of the country right now and was about to head out at like 10:20am and clicked the link and it allowed me to purchase like 5 mins later. I'm glad they went early but kinda messed up for those who were waiting for exactly 11am.
My invitation said 10am EST

My invitation said 10am EST
Mine definitely said 11am.

cxQLL1p.png

Mine said 10am est, and that's when I got my order in. I was only planning on get the headset, but then I remembered how awesome it was having several PSVR games to play when I got the first PSVR. Maybe I'll try to play Horizon before PSVR2 launches with Call of the Mountain.

I never finished Resident Evil VIII, so it's nice I'll be able to experience most of it in VR in my first go-through. But that's the thing that's kind of crazy. I don't play video games much anymore, and I just decided to spend $657 on a third VR headset.

I got an invite but I just can't bring myself to buy-in at that price considering what they've shown so far. I'll be interested to read reviews, though, and might pick one up once there's a bigger library and/or a price drop.

Amen. I refuse to believe there wasn't a solution to this.
Sony has shown time and again they have little concern for backward compatibility. Furthermore, with their track record of support for hardware other than the mainline PlayStation console? Even with how much of a sucker for new hardware I usually am, I’m staying far, far away from this.

I’m remaining hopeful that most of my favorites will get ported to the new hardware. We already know some games will as they’ve already been announced. In the meantime I think I’ll throw a bunch of my attention to my psvr1 backlog

You all complaining about PSVR1 support have no clue about technical challenges.  The 2 systems are totally different and it's just not possible to make it "backwards compatible".  

The PSVR1 uses a camera to track the lights on the move controller or DS4.  It's completely different tech from PSVR2.  Hell you can't even play PSVR1 games that require the DS4, with the PS5 controller, because there is no light to track on it.  A game like Moss simply isn't possible with the PS5 controller, so how do you expect it to be compatible with the PSVR2? 

It's just a tech problem.  I'm sure games could be handled on a case by case basis, but there is no catchall solution.  And on the case by case basis, I'm guessing we'll see just PSVR2 versions of the games like with something like Beat Saber.  It'll have much better tracking and better graphics/sound due to the new tech.

I doubt meta is going to put any effort into a psvr2 version of beat saber. That's unfortunate. But we can hope.

You all complaining about PSVR1 support have no clue about technical challenges. The 2 systems are totally different and it's just not possible to make it "backwards compatible".

The PSVR1 uses a camera to track the lights on the move controller or DS4. It's completely different tech from PSVR2. Hell you can't even play PSVR1 games that require the DS4, with the PS5 controller, because there is no light to track on it. A game like Moss simply isn't possible with the PS5 controller, so how do you expect it to be compatible with the PSVR2?

It's just a tech problem. I'm sure games could be handled on a case by case basis, but there is no catchall solution. And on the case by case basis, I'm guessing we'll see just PSVR2 versions of the games like with something like Beat Saber. It'll have much better tracking and better graphics/sound due to the new tech.
According to the guys over at PSVR2 without parole youtube channel, devs have told them that Sony absolutely could have made PSVR1 games backwards compatible and just chose not to.

If it were me, I'd just require the use of the PS4 controller with PS4 backwards compatible games just like ps5 games require a ps5 controller.

I think the only reason is so they can push the updated controller vibration and triggers as to not go back and use a ds4.

Psvr 1 used ps3 move controllers, so I don't see the problem here.

According to the guys over at PSVR2 without parole youtube channel, devs have told them that Sony absolutely could have made PSVR1 games backwards compatible and just chose not to.
If you read my post, I said even I think it's possible. There is just not a global solution to it so it would require each game to basically be reworked.

It's just not worth the effort to play old ass games at lower resolution on the new PSVR2 in their eyes.

And I'm 100% fine with that. I hate how most PS5 games are also PS4 games, like God of War. The current gen is being held back by supporting previous gen. I can't wait until PS4 support is dropped and we'll see some true "next gen" games rather than stuff like God of War that is basically the prior God of War with better performance and resolution.

If you read my post, I said even I think it's possible. There is just not a global solution to it so it would require each game to basically be reworked.

It's just not worth the effort to play old ass games at lower resolution on the new PSVR2 in their eyes.

And I'm 100% fine with that. I hate how most PS5 games are also PS4 games, like God of War. The current gen is being held back by supporting previous gen. I can't wait until PS4 support is dropped and we'll see some true "next gen" games rather than stuff like God of War that is basically the prior God of War with better performance and resolution.
100% agree ... cross gen games are garbage. we already learned this when moving from the 360/ps3 generation to xb1/ps4.

Doing it again is even more lame imo

You all complaining about PSVR1 support have no clue about technical challenges.
I don't care about the technical challenges - it's not my job as a consumer to care about that. It's Sony's job. If they choose to not tackle that challenge, that's their choice as it is my choice not to buy their new headset.

Played the first level of Pixel Ripped 1989 last night and downloaded Star Wars Squadrons. I might have made more progress in PR if my internet weren’t so slow to dl the game. With the new hardware right around the corner I’ve been inspired to clear as much of my VR backlog as possible

I don't care about the technical challenges - it's not my job as a consumer to care about that. It's Sony's job. If they choose to not tackle that challenge, that's their choice as it is my choice not to buy their new headset.
I am sure your one loss of sales will effect their bottom line greatly.

Clearly there is a market for it though so have fun not playing PSVR1 games you could play right now, on PSVR2 when it comes out.

Played the first level of Pixel Ripped 1989 last night and downloaded Star Wars Squadrons. I might have made more progress in PR if my internet weren’t so slow to dl the game. With the new hardware right around the corner I’ve been inspired to clear as much of my VR backlog as possible
I've been considering this, but what's holding me back is the potential for "enhanced" editions to come to PSVR2. Moss Part 2 has been really tempting, but if I completed it and then they released "Moss 2.5" or something with additional content that would make me rebuy/replay it it'd be frustrating.

Probably thinking about it too hard but enhanced ports are all the rage these days I feel.

I am sure your one loss of sales will effect their bottom line greatly.

Clearly there is a market for it though so have fun not playing PSVR1 games you could play right now, on PSVR2 when it comes out.
Again, I don't care about their bottom line; I care about mine. Did I say "DERRR I WILL TANK SONY'S STOCK PRICE WITH THE LOSS OF MY SALE!".

No.

I will have a lot of fun with the $700 I won't spend and you will, apparently.

Again, I don't care about their bottom line; I care about mine. Did I say "DERRR I WILL TANK SONY'S STOCK PRICE WITH THE LOSS OF MY SALE!".

No.

I will have a lot of fun with the $700 I won't spend and you will, apparently.
He was being sarcastic about their bottom line.

Posted pictures in the official PlayStation thread. Current demos are all done for today. Girl told me to get there at 8:00 a.m. tomorrow even though the show doesn't start until 10:00. Looks like they are filling up reservations fast. I've got three more days. I'll see what I can do.

Well - I got the invite- but have and ass of credit at Best Buy so I will have to wait. Don’t see a whisper for it on the Best Buy website

I have been getting invites for a while, but am waiting on Amazon as I have a ton of credit there.

Seeing GT7 as a free upgrade really has me excited for it.

https://youtu.be/b0fHFCyOih0

Here’s a seemingly comprehensive list of announced psvr2 games. It’s a very long video but I’ve been watching it in chunks. Horizon, RE 8, and Moss 1&2 will be keeping me busy for a while after launch but it’s nice to see what else has been confirmed for launch and beyond

https://youtu.be/b0fHFCyOih0
Here’s a seemingly comprehensive list of announced psvr2 games. It’s a very long video but I’ve been watching it in chunks. Horizon, RE 8, and Moss 1&2 will be keeping me busy for a while after launch but it’s nice to see what else has been confirmed for launch and beyond
I will wait for a new astrobot 2 before buying

I will wait for a new astrobot 2 before buying
Might be a good plan, cause my interst vs the 600+ price for it and Horizon is fading... Looks cool, but that's a huge chunk of money. I lucked into my first psvr with a returned bundle at target for like 125, and had so much fun. But I haven't played it in about 2 years....

well.... officially cancelled my psvr2 order.  Just can't see spending 600+ to play Horizon right now.  I'll wait on Gamestop to carry it and do some trades.

Watch the perp games showcase here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8k80BDbFzA

Just happened. I am impressed. A lot of free upgrades and Star Wars looks sooooo good!

Sony Group Corp. reduced projections for the initial launch of its PlayStation VR2 headset dramatically after early pre-orders disappointed, signaling little improvement for the hyped-but-unproven virtual reality sector.

The company halved its forecast for shipments of the PSVR2, which is set for a Feb. 22 release, this quarter to about a million units, said people familiar with its deliberations. Sony had previously aimed to have 2 million headsets ready for the launch quarter and leverage its second-generation headset to drive user growth and adoption for VR.

The Tokyo-based electronics giant has told a supply partner to expect reduced display panel orders, according to the people, who asked not to be named as the information is not public. The company now plans to ship around 1.5 million units between this April and March next year, they added, though that figure may be adjusted further in response to demand.

I'd love to get a PSVR2 eventually, but there's not much to get excited for at launch. Most are just upgraded PSVR ports, and not all of those are free upgrades. Great hardware that's lacking games, especially from Sony.

Sony Group Corp. reduced projections for the initial launch of its PlayStation VR2 headset dramatically after early pre-orders disappointed, signaling little improvement for the hyped-but-unproven virtual reality sector.

The company halved its forecast for shipments of the PSVR2, which is set for a Feb. 22 release, this quarter to about a million units, said people familiar with its deliberations. Sony had previously aimed to have 2 million headsets ready for the launch quarter and leverage its second-generation headset to drive user growth and adoption for VR.

The Tokyo-based electronics giant has told a supply partner to expect reduced display panel orders, according to the people, who asked not to be named as the information is not public. The company now plans to ship around 1.5 million units between this April and March next year, they added, though that figure may be adjusted further in response to demand.
So is the projected sales reduction to 1 million or 1.5 million? Either way, 25-50% lower projections is somewhat significant.

But is it that surprising? It’s a peripheral more expensive than the console. Sony has a checkered history of supporting anything other than the core home console. The games are primarily PSVR 1 ports at launch, and no “killer app” to boot.

And all that coupled with lowered projections indicates all of those things are only going to be worse after launch. Well, aside from price, that’s certainly going to get better if this thing doesn’t sell well.

Forecast is now 1M for launch quarter and 1.5M for the following year, whereas original forecast was 2M in launch quarter.

Doesn't seem great. Sony has a history of ditching things that don't immediately plan out and it seems like they had lofty expectations for this.

Forecast is now 1M for launch quarter and 1.5M for the following year, whereas original forecast was 2M in launch quarter.

Doesn't seem great. Sony has a history of ditching things that don't immediately plan out and it seems like they had lofty expectations for this.
Absolutely, I was already skeptical but the outlook now looks even more dire than Vita in terms of Sony's support. I've always been a diehard new hardware buyer, PSP at launch, Vita with the early release bundle, PS 2, 3, 4, 5 all at launch. PSVR 1 a few months after launch, etc.

Anecdotally, I have almost no interest in PSVR 2.

I just canceled my preorder from Sony Direct.

Not necessarily because I won't get it, but because they will be readily available and I'd rather get it locally at BB or something than have it shipped.

I may hold off a few months though to see if the price drops.  

I really only have interest in Moss 2 and RE8, but I'm not dying to play either of them.  I've already played RE8 non-VR and I could have played Moss 2 already on PSVR if I REALLY wanted to play it, but I was holding off for better experience on PSVR2.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.  

well.... officially cancelled my psvr2 order. Just can't see spending 600+ to play Horizon right now. I'll wait on Gamestop to carry it and do some trades.
Honestly I’m going to wait for a price cut, revision (like psvr1 got), or captivating bundle before I buy. The lack of psvr1 support is ridiculous. I have so many games.

I just canceled my preorder from Sony Direct.

Not necessarily because I won't get it, but because they will be readily available and I'd rather get it locally at BB or something than have it shipped.

I may hold off a few months though to see if the price drops.

I really only have interest in Moss 2 and RE8, but I'm not dying to play either of them. I've already played RE8 non-VR and I could have played Moss 2 already on PSVR if I REALLY wanted to play it, but I was holding off for better experience on PSVR2.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
It’s going to get a price drop or bundle. Just wait. Or hopefully valve comes out with an all in one like steam deck 🤘

bread's done
Back