Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m going to borrow GT 7 from a friend to see how I like it in VR. I’m a little nervous. All the coverage of it has me itching to get a racing rig, and I’ve never even played it. I’m almost hoping to not like it, just so I don’t feel that compulsion anymore

I’m going to borrow GT 7 from a friend to see how I like it in VR. I’m a little nervous. All the coverage of it has me itching to get a racing rig, and I’ve never even played it. I’m almost hoping to not like it, just so I don’t feel that compulsion anymore
I've been researching wheels. Not that much of a racing guy that isn't Burnout but the hype is real. Leaning towards the Thrustmaster T128 so far.

Emails are going out for PSVR2 pre-orders on Sony Direct to let you know that they'll be charging you soon and to change address or payment info if you need to do so before then.

I got my heads up email this morning at about 8:30. Felt good to see it after hearing a day or two ago that they were going out and I didn’t get it

got that email today too, hopefully this means it will ship soon and we get them by the 22nd rather than the 28th at the end of the release window

Very curious when they drop the State of Play that has been strongly hinted/winked about. Apparently there are surprises incoming. My guess is Tuesday or Weds depending if they want with it ahead of the embargo.

Has everyone who preordered PSVR2 received emails recently? I preordered on 12/11 and keep checking to see that my order still shows up but haven’t received an email yet…..

Has everyone who preordered PSVR2 received emails recently? I preordered on 12/11 and keep checking to see that my order still shows up but haven’t received an email yet…..
preordered 1/31, got the email 2/12, horizon bundle

anybody actually see a pending charge yet?

edit: just answered my own question, pending charge showed up this morning.

I haven't been following this much, but will the PSVR2 be compatible with the VR1 games?
This was answered already, but let me give a more thorough answer. No, it will not natively support psvr1 games. But many developers are already making psvr2 versions of their games. Some games are getting free upgrades, some are getting paid upgrade, so far $5 and $10 are the fees I’ve seen, and some games like Moss are getting next gen versions but with no announced upgrade path.

Apparently I had a pending charge yesterday already but thought I put it on my other card so I didn’t see it. Checked direct and also have “preparing to ship”

I was going to replay Moss on PSVR2 before book 2, but if I have to rebuy the whole game, that ain't happening.  I held off on Moss 2 on PSVR1 because I knew it'd be coming to PSVR2.

This was answered already, but let me give a more thorough answer. No, it will not natively support psvr1 games. But many developers are already making psvr2 versions of their games. Some games are getting free upgrades, some are getting paid upgrade, so far $5 and $10 are the fees I’ve seen, and some games like Moss are getting next gen versions but with no announced upgrade path.
It's a total mess. Sony really screwed it up.

Even with reviews, this launch feels so underwhelming.  We know of a bunch of "launch window" games, but most impressions are Horizon or existing titles with updates.

Seeing reviews of the hardware and software atm has me excited…1st trip down the VR road and I hope they keep the momentum going moving forward with a strong backing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dde4f3fc84e8c6391e639316888f2da2.jpg

Just got shipping confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a total mess. Sony really screwed it up.
Disagree. How exactly did Sony screw it up? Significant hardware differences in tracking technology prevents native backwards compatibility. I don’t want old hardware holding this back like it did with the psvr1.

This, in many ways, is better for us. Rather than having the old games carry forward as-is, many of them are being updated for psvr2, complete with better graphics and next gen features like haptic feedback. It’s on the publishers on how they want to approach the upgrades and the financial path to do so. The headset hasn’t even launched yet and there are already quite a lot of titles with upgrades. Don’t think more won’t be on the way.

Would it have been nice to have backwards compatibility? Absolutely. But in the grand scheme of things, this actually a good thing

Disagree. How exactly did Sony screw it up? Significant hardware differences in tracking technology prevents native backwards compatibility. I don’t want old hardware holding this back like it did with the psvr1.

This, in many ways, is better for us. Rather than having the old games carry forward as-is, many of them are being updated for psvr2, complete with better graphics and next gen features like haptic feedback. It’s on the publishers on how they want to approach the upgrades and the financial path to do so. The headset hasn’t even launched yet and there are already quite a lot of titles with upgrades. Don’t think more won’t be on the way.

Would it have been nice to have backwards compatibility? Absolutely. But in the grand scheme of things, this actually a good thing
He's a moron, I've had him ignored a while. Punching bag.

Some games are free. Some games cost an upgrade fee. Some games you have to buy all over again. Most games haven't had any news about whether or not they will be free, cost an upgrade or you'll have to buy all over again. That is a mess.

For the VR games upgraded to VR2, are they new versions of the game? With like a whole separate trophy list, or the same game just now compatible with VR2? 

My bank’s fraud department blocked the charge yesterday without even informing me so Sony cancelled my 2-month old preorder. I reordered this morning and it’s already been billed and now preparing to ship. If I don’t get it on the 2/Neil be pissed. Also, it looks like someone will have to be here to sign for it according to their policy……

Got my charge and shipping emails, but only for the PSVR2 headset and not the charging station. The order page on PS Direct still says "Preparing to Ship" for the charging station.

For the VR games upgraded to VR2, are they new versions of the game? With like a whole separate trophy list, or the same game just now compatible with VR2?
Should be the same as how PS4 games with upgrade to PS5 versions work, so it's a new game and new trophy list.

Got my charge and shipping emails, but only for the PSVR2 headset and not the charging station. The order page on PS Direct still says "Preparing to Ship" for the charging station.
Same here. I'm hoping they're just waiting to ship the charging stations the day before release like they did the edge controllers.

Should be the same as how PS4 games with upgrade to PS5 versions work, so it's a new game and new trophy list.
I just got notified that my charging station has shipped.

My bank’s fraud department blocked the charge yesterday without even informing me so Sony cancelled my 2-month old preorder. I reordered this morning and it’s already been billed and now preparing to ship. If I don’t get it on the 2/Neil be pissed. Also, it looks like someone will have to be here to sign for it according to their policy……
I've noticed this year that there is a lot more of that going on. Either online stores requiring credit card verification or the bank's fraud dept picking up the transaction.

Sorry about your preorder, that sucks.

Ordered mine last Saturday and got my shipping notification yesterday. Don't think it will show up early, but am hoping it does.
my hopes for release day delivery are dwindling, their shipping notification for me was just basically a label created situation. as it is now Saturday, Monday is a holiday, and it is shipping UPS, I really don't see it being picked up Tuesday and delivered Wednesday, despite that being the estimated delivery.

my hopes for release day delivery are dwindling, their shipping notification for me was just basically a label created situation. as it is now Saturday, Monday is a holiday, and it is shipping UPS, I really don't see it being picked up Tuesday and delivered Wednesday, despite that being the estimated delivery.
Same. I assume I’ll have it Friday due to all that.

UPS still works a regular day on Monday, though.

bread's done
Back