Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just checked the UPS website, and my packages are being shipped Next Day Air Saver service, so things are probably on schedule. Mine just show a label has been created at this point, as well.

When I bought my ps5 from Sony direct they shipped it next-day. So it wouldn’t surprise for them to next-day these

Any idea where these are being shipped from? I’m in Ky and am unaware of any nearby Sony warehouses.
I live in NC and mine is in GA just outside Hotlanta right now.

SIE ATL NPI

159 WESTRIDGE PKWY
MCDONOUGH, GA 302533010

Considering how long Brazil has had to wait for lots of other video game things, I’m happy for them to get it early. This is going to be a huge step up from their Sega Master Systems with shutter 3d glasses

I plan on dropping $100+ on launch digital titles… any current PS NA credit deals I’m missing?? I know I can get 5% off using Target’s card or Cashapp, but that isn’t too much of a help.

I plan on dropping $100+ on launch digital titles… any current PS NA credit deals I’m missing?? I know I can get 5% off using Target’s card or Cashapp, but that isn’t too much of a help.
Here is the obligatory mention for Costco. Basically 10% off plus CB whenever you get your Costco rewards (If a member).

Just a reminder that downloads for some pre-ordered PSVR2 games are available starting today. 

My VR2 is still sitting waiting for pickup.  Hopefully it makes it by Wednesday, but if not... it'll just mean more fun for the weekend.  

Totally anecdotal but I dropped by both Best Buy and GameStop yesterday and just asked about PSVR 2.

Best Buy said they haven't heard anything about it but the employee said he thinks they will get it in stock once it drops.

The GameStop employee said they hadn't heard anything about it at all either.

I find that a bit odd considering it comes out in 2 days.

That Ozzy video above also doesn't say anything about getting it from Sony direct or anything, just that it launches on the 22nd.

May I ask what y'all are getting in terms of games?

I got the Horizon bundle and I was thinking Demeo, Star Wars, Hello Neighbor, and Pavlov.

Plus, will be downloading the updates for GT7 and Village.

Are those the top titles? Any major titles I'm missing other than those I listed for launch day?

My VR2 is still sitting waiting for pickup. Hopefully it makes it by Wednesday, but if not... it'll just mean more fun for the weekend.
same here, still waiting for pickup with a Wednesday estimated delivery, but I am starting to doubt it if UPS has not picked it up yet :(

Totally anecdotal but I dropped by both Best Buy and GameStop yesterday and just asked about PSVR 2.

Best Buy said they haven't heard anything about it but the employee said he thinks they will get it in stock once it drops.

That Ozzy video above also doesn't say anything about getting it from Sony direct or anything, just that it launches on the 22nd.
shit :cry:

Have bought: GT7, Kayak, Pistol Whip
Going to buy: Rez upgrade, Tetris upgrade
Waiting for lower: Star Wars, Demeo

I'm sure there's more but I can't think

I’ve got Village, Horizon, Kayak, NMS, Moss 1+2, Saints & Sinners 1, Pistol Whip.

I am definitely paying to upgrade Rez, Tetris, and Thumper but those options aren’t available yet.

And I just acquired a loaned copy of GT7. Wasn’t quite sure enough on that one, but happy to have the chance to find out

I have Horizon: Call of the Mountain, GT7, and No Man's Sky

Will get the upgrade for Thumper, Tetris, and Rez.

Looking at Moss: 1&2, Kayak, and Pistol Whip

I should have bought swordsman when it was on sale. I wonder if I’ll have the same regret with wanderer. Polyarc got me afraid to buy last gen games

I'm still waiting on my physical copy of Swordsman for PSVR1 from LRG. I'm guessing that I'd need a PS5 and/or PSVR2 to get that free upgrade within 3 months? If it applies to the disc version at all.

I should have bought swordsman when it was on sale. I wonder if I’ll have the same regret with wanderer. Polyarc got me afraid to buy last gen games
I'm kind of in a place right now where I have a few games and will wait for some more sales in the coming months.

I can see most of my VR time being with GT7 for a while... and then waiting for whatever they decide to do with Beat Saber.

Oh, and my UPS update still only shows label created. Thinking it may be a few more days before I receive my VR2.

I just got the email that it's shipping from Kentucky and will be here tomorrow. It says signature required, but I think all Sony stuff says that but never really needs it?

I also had to sign for my ps5. Had to wait an extra day for it because I couldn’t be home that day. Luckily I was home the next day. And really luckily, I had a part-timer pick up my shift for tomorrow. So I’m just going to work on building my 7500+ piece LEGO Millennium Falcon in the front room while I wait for that very special knock on my front door

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1628077150380363777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1628077150380363777%7Ctwgr%5E3b8cccd8d8e1215c510d2f45f62ec5253968bb83%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheapassgamer.com%2Ftopic%2F373005-playstation-deals-ps-plus-games-and-discussion%2Fpage-989

And after you said it wasn't a Sony direct exclusive because you talked to some guy that worked at best buy. Trying to make me out to look like a dummy when I was stating straight facts.

I've got the Horizon bundle coming, so I'll start that download when it arrives. I've already picked up RE8, GT7, Kayak, Pistol Whip, No Man's Sky, the Mosses, the Star War, Synth Riders, Tentacular, Saints and Sinners, Light Brigade and After the Fall. And I'm definitely going to upgrade Thumper, Tetris and Rez. I'm as ready as I can be (I think), just hope the stuff gets here pretty early in the day tomorrow. UPS usually hits here around 1-3, so I'll have plenty of time to check for updates and such. I hope everyone who gets one this week has a great time with it and we all enjoy a glitch-free launch of our most-wanted games!

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1628077150380363777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1628077150380363777%7Ctwgr%5E3b8cccd8d8e1215c510d2f45f62ec5253968bb83%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheapassgamer.com%2Ftopic%2F373005-playstation-deals-ps-plus-games-and-discussion%2Fpage-989
If Half-Life: Alyx doesn't show up, I'll be disappointed.

And after you said it wasn't a Sony direct exclusive because you talked to some guy that worked at best buy. Trying to make me out to look like a dummy when I was stating straight facts.
I still fully expect it to be in stores, as did this guy at Best Buy 2 days ago.

Again, it's not even out yet.

Preordered the Collecive Minds charging station/headset rest from Amazon back on Feb 9. Originally it said it would ship on release, the 22nd. Eventually it changed the shipping date to the 28th. Since then it’s gone unavailable for purchase. For a bit I think I still had a shipping date, but it’s now gone to “unknown”. I liked it because it was cheaper and gave me a place to put my headset too. If my VR 2 fits in the very nice case that I had for my VR 1 I guess I’ll cancel and get the official one. Maybe

Looking forward to hearing feedback from the regulars tomorrow. I'm trying to clear out my backlog of PSVR games. I plan on picking up the new set when Switchback drops next month. I was really looking forward to that before the delay. Rush of blood was too fun.

Preordered the Collecive Minds charging station/headset rest from Amazon back on Feb 9. Originally it said it would ship on release, the 22nd. Eventually it changed the shipping date to the 28th. Since then it’s gone unavailable for purchase. For a bit I think I still had a shipping date, but it’s now gone to “unknown”. I liked it because it was cheaper and gave me a place to put my headset too. If my VR 2 fits in the very nice case that I had for my VR 1 I guess I’ll cancel and get the official one. Maybe
I had the same one ordered, until they started pushing the release date back. As soon as it was delayed into March I cancelled and ordered the sony charger. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping the headset will at least fit on my old PSVR1 stand. I think it will.

PSVR2 games that are out now:

2MD: VR Football Unleashed - $14.99 - $3.99 upgrade

After the Fall: Complete Edition - $29.99 - $25.49 - DE $39.99 - $33.99 - Free upgrade, I think

Altair Breaker - $29.99

Awesome Asteroids - $7.99 - $6.39

Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder - $24.99 - Free upgrade

Cities VR: Enhanced Edition - $29.99

Cosmonius High - $29.99

Demeo - $39.99

Drums Rock - $19.99

Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate - $19.99

Fantavision 202X - $29.99

Garden of the Sea - $24.99

Gran Turismo 7 - $69.99

Horizon Call of the Mountain - $59.99