SL4IN

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
pokemonblackandwhite.jpg

Title: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White
Release Date: Fall 2010 (JP)/TBA (U.S.)
Price: TBA

So, as most of you in the know hear last night, the next adventures in the Pokemon world were announced as Pokemon Black version and Pokemon White version to kick start Generation 5. The only known Pokemon in this generation are the stars of the new Pokemon movie coming out this summer in Japan, Zorua & Zoroark. Up to this point, very other little information is known, but as per the official website for the games, we will receive more info on April 15th, if not sooner per Pokemon Sunday, this Sunday in Japan.

OP will be updated with more information as it becomes available.

My husband and I were just discussing two nights ago what they might call the next Pokémon game. We joked about Pokémon Unobtanium (Avatar reference.) :lol:

ohhh finally, racist pokemon! j/k

I'm not surprised they don't do a 3 parter instead of always 2.... Black White and Grey!

Cant wait.
Id be all over grey cause I love the color grey

Look how many Pokemon Threads are in the DS forum.
lol

[quote name='utopianmachine']My husband and I were just discussing two nights ago what they might call the next Pokémon game. We joked about Pokémon Unobtanium (Avatar reference.) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Your Unobtanium (dumbest name for a fake element ever) reference reminded me of the 'periodic table of imaginary elements'.

http://russellwalks.com/PTOIE.html

I was just coming here to post about those screens. Initial reaction is I do not really like the 3D look, but I am sure it will grow on me as I see it more.

Looks cool. I hope they make a way that you can design your own character.
Like make him a ace trainer or psychic if you want thur the game, not just wifi

The times have had a hard time keeping Pokemon up with it, but looks like the graphics are finally getting there. The fact that B/W is for the DS though... that puzzles me, cause that implies that they're not going to retire the DS for a new handheld anytime soon.

[quote name='adriley313']Looks cool. I hope they make a way that you can design your own character.
[/QUOTE]
I was really surprised they didn't give the option to customize your character in D/P/Pt/HG/SS. They'll most likely do it with these

I doubt it, because at least from those pics, both the female and male trainer seem like your run of the mill starter, with the baseball cap now.

Ya never know, but I doubt it, though I do like how it looks, though I think I'll be on break for pokemon...maybe go and play Grey. You know it's coming...or maybe it'll be Polemon Monochrome!

Pokemon Rainbow: All the past regions packed into one cartridge

That cartridge would explode upon activation

also, dressing up as a Team Rocket member in HG/SS was amazing. I wanted to keep the outfit

Soon they will use invisible light spectrum names. Pokemon Ultraviolet and Pokemon Infrared could work, since they have actual colors associated with them, and then they could be followed by the special edition Pokemon X-Ray.

[quote name='Strell']Soon they will use invisible light spectrum names. Pokemon Ultraviolet and Pokemon Infrared could work, since they have actual colors associated with them, and then they could be followed by the special edition Pokemon X-Ray.[/QUOTE]

What? No love for Pokemon Microwave?

The new screenshots are amazing.

zoruazoroarkbattle.jpg

What is the Pokémon shown above? It really makes me think of an evolutionary form of Smeargle. I don't believe it currently has any evolutionary forms.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The new screenshots are amazing.

zoruazoroarkbattle.jpg

What is the Pokémon shown above? It really makes me think of an evolutionary form of Smeargle. I don't believe it currently has any evolutionary forms.[/QUOTE]
That would be Zoroark, one of the two new ones revealed so far (the second is Zorua, which is the other one in that screenshot).

[quote name='blueshinra']That would be Zoroark, one of the two new ones revealed so far (the second is Zorua, which is the other one in that screenshot).[/QUOTE]

Ah, very cool. A new Pokemon!

[quote name='adriley313']yes neat.
Now give us new evoltions like
Eevee
Abra
Pikachu
spearow[/QUOTE]

Eevee got enough love from D/P by getting 2 new evolutions.

Anything that has a Stage 2 evolution is most likely out, since there are no stage 3 pokemon.

I can't imagine Pikachu or something like Spearow getting new evolutions. I think we may see something Skarmory getting an evolution.

I want evolutions of useless Pokemon.

Like Farfetch'd. Make it's evolution a Flying/Fighting with it's stick transforming into a sword-shape.

Also, Dragon/Fire (how has this not happened?) and Dragon/Grass (Grass is the last type that is weak to Ice that hasn't been paired with Dragon).

I went ahead and made some mockup boxart for Pokemon Infrared and Pokemon Ultraviolet:

pokemonIRUV.png

I know, I know. It's pretty awesome.

[quote name='Strell']I went ahead and made some mockup boxart for Pokemon Infrared and Pokemon Ultraviolet:

pokemonIRUV.png

I know, I know. It's pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

I'm so stupid, I actually refreshed the page, thinking the image was missing.

Pretty great, Strell. :lol:

[quote name='xycury']ohhh finally, racist pokemon! j/k

I'm not surprised they don't do a 3 parter instead of always 2.... Black White and Grey![/QUOTE]

Uh, they will. And grey might well be it.

[quote name='sippycupz']The times have had a hard time keeping Pokemon up with it, but looks like the graphics are finally getting there. The fact that B/W is for the DS though... that puzzles me, cause that implies that they're not going to retire the DS for a new handheld anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

They aren't. The 3DS will no doubt be backward compatible with the DS anyway. Maybe they'll even toss in optional 3D-ification of DS games, like the colors they would do for GB games on the GBC. So, for example, Diglet's left eye will pop of the screen, but his right eye will look like it has been smashed through his head. ;)

I think we may see something Skarmory getting an evolution.

As much as the pokemon-fanboy in me would think that would be cool, as a wi-fi battler it would give me nightmares. I mean, Skarmory is pretty damn strong as it is.

If anyone needs one more evolution, it would be Steelix and Banette.

How about a new lineup for the starting Pokemon, like Psychic, Electric, and Ghost? Kinda like a Pokemon acid trip!

[quote name='Danro']How about a new lineup for the starting Pokemon, like Psychic, Electric, and Ghost? Kinda like a Pokemon acid trip![/QUOTE]

I don't care what the types are. All I know is I'll be pretty disappointed if I see another Fire, Water, Grass generation.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I don't care what the types are. All I know is I'll be pretty disappointed if I see another Fire, Water, Grass generation.[/QUOTE]

Then prepare to be disappointed? I mean your starters have never changed, at least until they begin to evolve and some become dual types.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Then prepare to be disappointed? I mean your starters have never changed, at least until they begin to evolve and some become dual types.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really can't see them changing the starter types. They work so well in a rock-paper-scissors environment, which is exactly how they play it for your rival in every game. Besides, the past two gens they actually made the starter pokemon really good (at least certain ones).

[quote name='Danro']How about a new lineup for the starting Pokemon, like Psychic, Electric, and Ghost? Kinda like a Pokemon acid trip![/QUOTE]

You can't have those 3 types because, as mentioned above, you need the 3 types to be rock-paper-scissors.

I rather they keep it Fire, Water, and Grass. I can't think of a Grass Pokemon I would use over any of the starters (Venusaur, Sceptile, and Torterra. Meganium is meh though). And Fire types are scarce (Infernape is great, Blaziken pretty good, everyone loves Charizard. Typhlosion is meh though). Lately they've even made the Water types more unique. Feraligatr was similar to Gyarados and Blastoise wasn't anything terribly unique. Swampert and Empoleon were both really good.

I so, so want this game. Like now. Lately I've been feeling like I need to have Pokemon fix anyway, and was thinking about buying HG/SS sometime soon, or maybe I'll replay the one right before HG (can't remember it's name). What I would love is a proper console version of Pokemon to come out already. Also, it'd be really nice to have all the pokemon (fine, some can be left out for the two version rule), but one with all the regions and pokemon. That would be sick.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What I would love is a proper console version of Pokemon to come out already. Also, it'd be really nice to have all the pokemon (fine, some can be left out for the two version rule), but one with all the regions and pokemon. That would be sick.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know. There's so many Pokémon now, and the concept of catching them all is almost impossible, split across all the many games as they are.

[quote name='Gden']It would be great if we had another Console Pokemon game like Coliseum, or XD.[/QUOTE]

That would be soooo epic. Pokémon could look so beautiful now, if they tried. Is it so wrong to want the Pokémon to speak using their names, like they do in the cartoons?

bread's done
Back