Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='david12795']What does the watts do in the ds anyway ?

oh and i heard you're supposed to transfer your watts to the DS when you get 10000+ steps in order to get a surfing pikachu. is that true?[/QUOTE]

The watts you don't use in the Pokéwalker get transferred back to the DS, and when you've accumulated enough, you'll unlock new Pokéwalker courses.

As far as getting a surfing Pikachu, your best odds are to get 10,000 steps and then start trying to catch Pikachus. You won't be able to tell what kind they are as long as they're in the Pokéwalker, but you may be lucky enough to catch a Surfing or Flying one. So, no, you don't want to transfer the watts back to your DS. You need them to try to catch the Surfing Pikachu. Once you transfer the watts to your DS, you don't have access to them anymore.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Like Mario says below, normally it depends on the number of steps. If you're suffering in Yellow Forest like the rest of us, it seems it's just really, really rare to get !! or !!!, regardless of steps.[/QUOTE]

I have over 900 watts and 10K steps and I was getting ! still. :/ Stupid Yellow forest.

Seems like the Yellow Forest was meant to piss off a lot of PokeFans, it did me.

In other news. I was in the GTS this morning abd traded a Charmander for a cute lil Squirtle and a Cherrum for a Eevee.

Gonna try for more later. If anyone needs a Squirtle or any Kanto Starter, thenn please let me know.

Resetting the Nature and IVs of the roaming legendaries, you do actually need to faint them so they go away then do the E4 again? Or, can you just do the E4 without fainting them... does that still reset their stats?

Oh Prinny if you want to try this, I'm not sure it is confirmed or not, but possibly could test it with any of your pokemon I suppose. I have heard stories that if you take a pokemon and put it into your pokewalker it will reset the IVs. Though the nature will remain the same. You could see if the IVs do change and perhaps you can just wait and reset only for nature.

I'm stuck.

I've beaten Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine, Sabrina, and Misty. I repaired the Power Plant. The road to Seamfoam is closed and the Snorlax is blocking the way to Diglett's Cave.

Nevermind. Found out how to get the PokeFlute on the Pokegear to wake up Snorlax.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Oh Prinny if you want to try this, I'm not sure it is confirmed or not, but possibly could test it with any of your pokemon I suppose. I have heard stories that if you take a pokemon and put it into your pokewalker it will reset the IVs. Though the nature will remain the same. You could see if the IVs do change and perhaps you can just wait and reset only for nature.[/QUOTE]

What the hell... that doesn't make sense at all. I guess I can toss Arceus or something in there and check if its stats change?

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']What the hell... that doesn't make sense at all. I guess I can toss Arceus or something in there and check if its stats change?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't, personally since I don't pay attention to that. This may not be true as it was coming from another guy who kept saying that shiny pokemon will lose their shininess when sent to the pokewalker. I have not verified this, but I will try it tonight and see what happens.

Also you guys can check out http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml they just updated the rarity of the items, in case you guys want specific items you can see the percentage now.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']It doesn't, personally since I don't pay attention to that. This may not be true as it was coming from another guy who kept saying that shiny pokemon will lose their shininess when sent to the pokewalker. I have not verified this, but I will try it tonight and see what happens.

Also you guys can check out http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml they just updated the rarity of the items, in case you guys want specific items you can see the percentage now.[/QUOTE]

In the process of catching a billion Natu w/ Synchro, I'm not gonna deal w/ the RNG of natures for the legendaries... Just watch my luck with there stupid birds be terrible.

Finally got my 5-man team to level 80 and now will make my way to Red.

And if anyone has Deoxys or Celebi for trade let me know, I have stuff to offer.

Ugghh I finally saw a "!!!" in the Yellow Forest, but apparently I didn't get to it in time as it took me back to the main screen once I pushed the button. :(

[quote name='BLink']Finally got my 5-man team to level 80 and now will make my way to Red.

And if anyone has Deoxys or Celebi for trade let me know, I have stuff to offer.[/QUOTE]
how did you train your team? just fight the elite four tons of times? there's nowhere with pokemon over level 50 or so.

[quote name='icedrake523']Don't the Elite 4 get level 70ish Pokemon once you get all the Kanto badges?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. About 58-60ish. Lance has a lot of 70ish ones, though, which makes it really hard. Darn dragons.

Just found an old router I used to use, but switched out because it was a complete piece of shit and disconnected a lot.

I think I'll use it as my DS router...

[quote name='Tech Star']Does anyone have an adament ditto that they will let me borrow?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hate to sound like an idiot but what does a adament ditto mean ? I have a ditto you can borrow

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hate to sound like an idiot but what does a adament ditto mean ? I have a ditto you can borrow[/QUOTE]

Adamant is the nature he's looking for.

I think Adamant is + Atk and - Sp.Atk ?

I can't even find dittos in my HG game. My wife keeps catching them in SS and we still haven't gotten any Adamants, or any other good natures.

I have like 4 timid dittos though. :roll:

Question: what item does the Ditto need to hold to better the chance of passing on it's Nature? Every ditto I have already has something called 'Quick Powder' but the description for that mentions something about speed.

I swear, I never win the Bug-Catching Contest. Doesn't matter if I present a Pinsir, a Butterfree, a Scyther. I finally caught a Scyther today, and I still didn't win the Bug-Catching Contest.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I swear, I never win the Bug-Catching Contest. Doesn't matter if I present a Pinsir, a Butterfree, a Scyther. I finally caught a Scyther today, and I still didn't win the Bug-Catching Contest.[/QUOTE]
If it has low HP, you won't win. I won by sleeping it and then throwing pokeballs at it. I caught a Pinsir.

The person I normally trade with is available at hours that make it hard for me to trade with him. That said, does anyone have a Cyndaquil I could have? I can trade Totodiles and Chikoritas. Could also get some Charmanders or Squirtles if desired. I don't care about nature, however, I do care what the name of the Cyndaquil is. (I know, I'm a girl gamer, I can't help it.) If someone could trade me a cyndaquil named Craig, I'd be super grateful. Oh, and I'd like it to be a boy, if that's not too much to ask.

[quote name='paulcalypse']If it has low HP, you won't win. I won by sleeping it and then throwing pokeballs at it. I caught a Pinsir.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I know some in-game character had mentioned something like that, but I just disregarded it. Guess I'll need to change strategies next time. Now that I've caught all the different Pokémon from the Bug-Catching Contest, and namely, the devilish Scyther, I just want to win the contest, rather than fill my Pokédex.

Scyther can't learn to Fly, can it?

[quote name='paulcalypse']how did you train your team? just fight the elite four tons of times? there's nowhere with pokemon over level 50 or so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just kept going in with those pokemon that needed the training, so in the end i had only two left on the team. And i usually never reached Lance that way but still the experience was enough to go through with it.

[quote name='Puffa469']
Question: what item does the Ditto need to hold to better the chance of passing on it's Nature? Every ditto I have already has something called 'Quick Powder' but the description for that mentions something about speed.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you're referring to breeding. You're going to need an Everstone if you want to maximize your chances of passing down the nature to the baby.

Taken from smogon:
"If a female Pokémon is holding the item Everstone and breeds with a male Pokémon, the baby will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the female Pokémon. This also works if the Pokémon holding Everstone is Ditto."

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I'm assuming you're referring to breeding. You're going to need an Everstone if you want to maximize your chances of passing down the nature to the baby.

Taken from smogon:
"If a female Pokémon is holding the item Everstone and breeds with a male Pokémon, the baby will have a 50% chance of having the same nature as the female Pokémon. This also works if the Pokémon holding Everstone is Ditto."[/QUOTE]

To add to this, from what I understand, the ditto needs to be from the same region as your game is (meaning NA, Europe, Asia). I tried this with some Japanese pokemon I picked up from the GTS and they would not pass on the nature at all, even when I did ~15 or so breedings. Using NA dittos or females with the natures I wanted produced the egg pokemon with the same nature around 50% of the time.

[quote name='Ryukahn']To add to this, from what I understand, the ditto needs to be from the same region as your game is (meaning NA, Europe, Asia). I tried this with some Japanese pokemon I picked up from the GTS and they would not pass on the nature at all, even when I did ~15 or so breedings. Using NA dittos or females with the natures I wanted produced the egg pokemon with the same nature around 50% of the time.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, you are correct.
You would need to breed two Pokemon that originated from the same language version of the game.

Edit: Sorry I misread, I think that if you bred your Japanese Pokemon with a Japanese Ditto, the nature should pass. I haven't verified but I did some research. Smogon is a really good site for breeding and anything competitive.

utopianmachine if you need any Kanto starters let me know as a i have them all.
Working on the last 2 regions now. Ill even name them for you if you want.

My training technique is to work on my pokedex as I level up my team.

For example I fly over to Mt. Silver. Then I get the pokemon I want to train in the first slot and keep the pokemon I want to level up to evolve but dont plan on using in the other slots. Then In order I give them Exp.Share/Lucky Egg.

That way kill 2 birds with one stone. Level up my team and complete my pokedex which is at 208.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Ah yes, you are correct.
You would need to breed two Pokemon that originated from the same language version of the game.

Edit: Sorry I misread, I think that if you bred your Japanese Pokemon with a Japanese Ditto, the nature should pass. I haven't verified but I did some research. Smogon is a really good site for breeding and anything competitive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you! Yes I was asking about breeding.

I love how the Day Care man doesn't ever understand how an egg appeared. You call me every 15 minutes with a new egg and your still surprised?

I've never bred or EV trained pokes before but I'm going to start. Right now Im working on getting eggs for the Pokes I want. Then I'll hatch em until I get the natures I want, then I'm gonna EV train them.

I'm not going to mess around with IV's, it just seems like too much of a hassle.

How do you guys organize your eggs without getting them all mixed up? I started out with a differennt species eggs in each box, but I'd run out boxes fast doing that.

What I've started to do is put a poke in the first slot of a row in a box, and then put eggs of the same species next to that poke. So row 1 is a Heracross and then a bunch of heracross eggs. Then an Evee and a bunch of those eggs, etc.

I hate how the game defaults to the last box you messed around in when deciding where to dump wild pokes you catch. I spend alot of time organizing those damn boxes! lol

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks to both of you! Yes I was asking about breeding.

I love how the Day Care man doesn't ever understand how an egg appeared. You call me every 15 minutes with a new egg and your still surprised?

I've never bred or EV trained pokes before but I'm going to start. Right now Im working on getting eggs for the Pokes I want. Then I'll hatch em until I get the natures I want, then I'm gonna EV train them.

I'm not going to mess around with IV's, it just seems like too much of a hassle.

How do you guys organize your eggs without getting them all mixed up? I started out with a differennt species eggs in each box, but I'd run out boxes fast doing that.

What I've started to do is put a poke in the first slot of a row in a box, and then put eggs of the same species next to that poke. So row 1 is a Heracross and then a bunch of heracross eggs. Then an Evee and a bunch of those eggs, etc.

I hate how the game defaults to the last box you messed around in when deciding where to dump wild pokes you catch. I spend alot of time organizing those damn boxes! lol[/QUOTE]

You can pass on the Nature of the mother/Ditto AND an IV at the same time, so if you're lucky enough you can get a 31 or something close to it on the one stat you're stacking (or that's helped by the Nature).

There's nothing better to pass on, so it's worth it to do that regardless. Not too complicated or anything.

[quote name='Puffa469']Thanks to both of you! Yes I was asking about breeding.

[/QUOTE]
I hatch them as soon as I get them, because they usually make eggs faster than they hatch. No use to have them stack up, IMO. There is a way, however, to check the nature and typing of the pokemon inside the egg in the Diamond and Pearl games due to a bug. Thus, I always did a lot of breeding in that game, so I only hatched the eggs that mattered. Look onYoutube for it...

[quote name='adriley313']utopianmachine if you need any Kanto starters let me know as a i have them all.
Working on the last 2 regions now. Ill even name them for you if you want.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the offer!

Kanto starters are Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle? Out of those, I don't have Squirtle.

I have all Jhoto and Platinum starters for anyone that needs them.

[quote name='Puffa469']I love how the Day Care man doesn't ever understand how an egg appeared. You call me every 15 minutes with a new egg and your still surprised? [/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Puffa469']I hate how the game defaults to the last box you messed around in when deciding where to dump wild pokes you catch. I spend alot of time organizing those damn boxes! lol[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I wish you could auto-assign a box for all wild-caught Pokémon to go to. I'm always having to move Pokémon around too.

Also, I wish the game would let you deposit all your Pokémon into the PC boxes at once. If you want to deposit all 6 Pokémon and take out 6 new ones, it's annoying having to swap between Withdraw and Deposit so many times.

They could allow the player to do this simply by not allowing the player to leave the Pokémon center without at least 1 Pokémon in their party. Simply have Nurse Joy tell the player, "Oh, I'm sorry, but you must have at least one Pokémon in your party before you leave. It's for your own safety, you know!" Or something.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']You can pass on the Nature of the mother/Ditto AND an IV at the same time, so if you're lucky enough you can get a 31 or something close to it on the one stat you're stacking (or that's helped by the Nature).

There's nothing better to pass on, so it's worth it to do that regardless. Not too complicated or anything.[/QUOTE]

If both parents have 31 as IV's on a specific stat, then the chances of the 31 IV of passing to the baby will increase.
There's a whole chart on this topic.
I can PM you if you're interested.

[quote name='utopianmachine']

I know what you mean. I wish you could auto-assign a box for all wild-caught Pokémon to go to. I'm always having to move Pokémon around too.

Also, I wish the game would let you deposit all your Pokémon into the PC boxes at once. If you want to deposit all 6 Pokémon and take out 6 new ones, it's annoying having to swap between Withdraw and Deposit so many times.

They could allow the player to do this simply by not allowing the player to leave the Pokémon center without at least 1 Pokémon in their party. Simply have Nurse Joy tell the player, "Oh, I'm sorry, but you must have at least one Pokémon in your party before you leave. It's for your own safety, you know!" Or something.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, sometimes I feel that organizing my boxes is harder than capturing Pokemon.:drool:
It would be great if you could trade mutiple Pokemon at the same time.
I have a dozens of Abra's (for Synchronize) with different natures (same for Ditto) in my Diamond. Trading them to my SS is really tedious.

[quote name='utopianmachine']How do you get the Dawn Stone?

Also, will the game let you evolve a Pokemon that isn't listed in it's Pokedex? Or will is just show up as ??? for it's number?[/QUOTE]

You need the shiny stone for that, not dawn.

[quote name='adriley313']
As for the Eevee, if you happen to get an few Adamant ones Id be happy to trade you. If you have questions on Eevee forms just PM me and I can help you out.

Also to spped up your hatching keep a p[okemon with Flame Body in your team like Magmar or Magby.[/QUOTE]

I've got an Eevee with an Adamant nature if you're still looking for one. I've also got like.... 7 or 8 other Eevees with various natures if anyone else needs one. I'm looking for Larvitar, Aron, and a few various starter Pokemon. I'd also really like a Female Eevee, as all the ones I've got are male.

Does having multiple Flame Body Pokemon in my party stack? Like, will it cut down hatching time to 1/4 versus the 1/2 or whatever the fraction is?

[quote name='Ahadi']

Does having multiple Flame Body Pokemon in my party stack? Like, will it cut down hatching time to 1/4 versus the 1/2 or whatever the fraction is?[/QUOTE]

Sorry to dash your hopes, but it doesn't matter how many you have. Hatch time will only be halved from its original amount.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Thank you very much for the offer!

Kanto starters are Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle? Out of those, I don't have Squirtle.

I have all Jhoto and Platinum starters for anyone that needs them.

:lol:

They could allow the player to do this simply by not allowing the player to leave the Pokémon center without at least 1 Pokémon in their party. Simply have Nurse Joy tell the player, "Oh, I'm sorry, but you must have at least one Pokémon in your party before you leave. It's for your own safety, you know!" Or something.[/QUOTE]

They could even make it so you can't log out of the PC without a poke in your party. I think that would work. And they defnitely should let you dump all 6 pokes at once. I really hate having to deposit 5 in a row, withdraw one, deposit one, withdraw 5.

It seems that Pokemon is full of little moments of waiting and wasting time. There nothing that takes more than a few seconds to do, but the problem is everything takes a few seconds to do. It starts to add up after tens of hours of play.

I hate playing in areas with weather effects because the 'It continued to rain' every round drags out the battles.

After I beat the game I'll probably turn off the animations.

[quote name='Puffa469']They could even make it so you can't log out of the PC without a poke in your party. I think that would work. And they defnitely should let you dump all 6 pokes at once. I really hate having to deposit 5 in a row, withdraw one, deposit one, withdraw 5.[/QUOTE]
Try using the Move Pokemon option. I feel like that's a faster way, especially using the stylus.

[quote name='RenoVatio']You need the shiny stone for that, not dawn.[/QUOTE]

To evolve Togetic?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Caught Rayquaza last night. I think I may finally be done with the game until the Celebi event. Final game time was 42 hours and change.[/QUOTE]

Rayquaza... Is that at the end of the Kanto region? You defeated Jhoto and Kanto in 42 hours?

[quote name='Puffa469']After I beat the game I'll probably turn off the animations.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I know they slow things down, but I don't want just the text telling me what's happening like a super old-school RPG. I like those little sparks of color and swirling leaves. ;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']To evolve Togetic?

Rayquaza... Is that at the end of the Kanto region? You defeated Jhoto and Kanto in 42 hours?

I know what you mean. I know they slow things down, but I don't want just the text telling me what's happening like a super old-school RPG. I like those little sparks of color and swirling leaves. ;)[/QUOTE]

You do the Battle Frontier w/ animations on for a few hours, and you'll go crazy. Bash head... bash :'(

Hey uto, if you wanna trade let me know as I need the Plat starters amd have some Squirtles for you.

Ahadi, Out of those spare Eevees, do you have a Modest one, so i can can get a super Espeon.

You can get Rayquaza in this game. You need both Kyorge and Groudon. Cant be imports though they have to be from this version. You need the Jade Orb that you can only get after you beat Red.

bread's done
Back