Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='adriley313']Hey uto, if you wanna trade let me know as I need the Plat starters amd have some Squirtles for you.[/QUOTE]

I moved some level 1 Platinum starters over today, so I hadn't had a chance to raise them to level 10. Doing so now, then I'll breed some babies.

I'd love a male Squirtle named Sheldon.

Ok will get it done.
Do you need any other Pokemon.
Once I beat Red and trade import some other pokemon from other versions Ill have some better breed pokemon with good natures and good moves. I dont do IVs as its not worth it.

If anyone can help me transfer some Pokemon from my Pearl to my SS, it would be a big help and i can get you any item you need.

thx a bunch

[quote name='adriley313']Ok will get it done.
Do you need any other Pokemon.
Once I beat Red and trade import some other pokemon from other versions Ill have some better breed pokemon with good natures and good moves. I dont do IVs as its not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry it took so long tonight to get the babies made. Maybe we can arrange a transfer tomorrow. I can give you one of each of the Platinum starters.

[quote name='KingBroly']http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html[/QUOTE]

What does it SAY?! It looks exciting and like the 5th generation is about to be revealed. :D

Edit:

‘Pokemon Black’ and ‘Pokemon White’ Announced as the 5th Generation Games!

The fifth generation Pokemon games were literally just announced on the official Pokemon website, and we translated the information within only a few seconds - they will be named Pokemon Black and Pokemon White! The two games will be released in the fall for the Nintendo DS and new information about them will be released on April 15th on their new official website. However, Pokemon Sunday and CoroCoro magazine will likely have information regarding them later this week, which we will post as soon as we get. This is so exciting!!
So why black and white? Why a return to colors? Why basic colors? Maybe the games take place in the past? Or maybe not! Maybe the colors have nothing to do with anything! We’ll find out all the basic info soon, so be sure to keep checking back!

w00t! :D

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']YAY now I cant wait for Pokemon Black & White , if it comes out in the Fall for Japan what time does that mean for the US ?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing March/April 2011. Only because Diamond and Pearl were released around that time.

They better add more than just one region.

[quote name='WormFOODx']

Also, I can't wait to see the racist analysis as to what white comes with that black doesn't and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, you just make it too easy...

[quote name='adriley313']

Ahadi, Out of those spare Eevees, do you have a Modest one, so i can can get a super Espeon.

[/QUOTE]

I don't have a modest one... sorry... What I do have is a careful, bold, naughty, naive, rash, lonely, calm x2.

edit: This is silly, but what do natures affect?

Pokémon Black and White, huh? We'll probably get it early next year, about the same time as we got HG/SS.

As much as I want a graphical overhaul for the Pokémon games to make them more 3D, I won't hold my breath.

According to Kotako, who i heard the news from this morning, we should get more info April 15th.

I hope there is some new Eevee evolutions.
Thats what I love about pokemon.
We need a Ghost, Steel and Dragon.

No prob, uto.
Ikm on most of the day since I work at home just tell me when you wanna trade.
Do you need any pokemon as I have a bunch and imported some from my Emerald.

Before they split attacks into physical and special, it was determined by type. Going by the old way, Dragon is the only former special type which doesn't have an Eevee evolution.

I want a Farfetch'd evolution. Make it a Flying/Fighting with a sword(s). Fighting is the only type that hasn't been paired with Flying and there are no Pokemon with a primary Flying type.

What we need is Hitmonchuck to go along with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Obviously Hitmonchuck would be a Legendary roaming pokemon with Roundhouse Kick as it's primary move. Hitmonchuck's ability would be Mean Look, so you could not escape. All moves would have no effect on Hitmonchuck. One Roundhouse Kick would send you immediately to the Pokecenter, as the attack would faint all of your pokemon, not just the one in the battle. Attempting to catch it with a pokeball would result in a game over, as Hitmonchuck would Roundhouse Kick the player, ending his/her dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master.

I've got to give credit to Amazon. I ordered Heart Gold when it was $28 and FSSS on Sunday. It was delivered today. Not bad for free shipping. Now all I've got to do is wait for the office to open.

I can't wait to completely nerd out on this game for the next few weeks.

As for Black and White, what I would like to see is a graphically enhanced battle system. I love the deepness of the battle system, but seeing the same wobbles just looks a little bland after so many years (I'm not a strictler for graphics, but I do enjoy some changes).

Think faster paced Pokemon Stadium battles with various backgrounds. Hell, make them 2d sprites, I don't care.

But what I want does not equal what is. Bummer.

Ok, so I got my 16th badge yesterday and now all I've got left metagame wise is beat the revised E4 and then Trainer Red. Other than that, I'm mostly working on my competitive team for Regionals (that time of year again) and doing various other little tasks like trying to catch the other legendaries and such.

All the talk of trading, if anyone needs any one Pokemon in particular, don't be afraid to shoot me a pm, between the 6 Pokemon games I own on the DS (plus the 8 or so on GBA) I've got virtually anything available, and can be in any nature if anyone prefers it. While I don't post a lot, that doesn't mean that I'm not actively lurking in my own threads, so I'm still very reachable.

[quote name='SL4IN']
All the talk of trading, if anyone needs any one Pokemon in particular, don't be afraid to shoot me a pm, between the 6 Pokemon games I own on the DS (plus the 8 or so on GBA) I've got virtually anything available, and can be in any nature if anyone prefers it. While I don't post a lot, that doesn't mean that I'm not actively lurking in my own threads, so I'm still very reachable.[/QUOTE]

Shooting you a PM after this post ;)

I found two TM11's on my Pokewalker yesterday. I'm wicked pumped about that. I love the sunny day/solar beam combo.

Okay, I have a question. I would like to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss, but I'm looking at my Platinum guide, and the only moves it mentions that Togekiss learns are all described as Base moves, such as Sky Attack, ExtremeSpeed, Aura Sphere, and Air Slash. What does it mean, a Base move? Does the Pokémon not learn them naturally? Does it learn them only through breeding?

[quote name='Ryukahn']Pokemon: Politically Incorrect Versions, on sale March, 2011![/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='adriley313']No prob, uto.
Ikm on most of the day since I work at home just tell me when you wanna trade.
Do you need any pokemon as I have a bunch and imported some from my Emerald.[/QUOTE]

Is it too much to ask (read: beg) for a Riolu? I know it's gay, but I've wanted Lucario since I saw that movie with it. I'd specifically love it if it could simply be named Lucario, no caps. So to reitterate, a Riolu named Lucario.

I'm online now, and will be for a few hours if you'd around.

[quote name='Ryukahn']What we need is Hitmonchuck to go along with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Obviously Hitmonchuck would be a Legendary roaming pokemon with Roundhouse Kick as it's primary move. Hitmonchuck's ability would be Mean Look, so you could not escape. All moves would have no effect on Hitmonchuck. One Roundhouse Kick would send you immediately to the Pokecenter, as the attack would faint all of your pokemon, not just the one in the battle. Attempting to catch it with a pokeball would result in a game over, as Hitmonchuck would Roundhouse Kick the player, ending his/her dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master.[/QUOTE]

I was smiling the whole time I read that. I wish I knew more people that liked Pokémon to share that with. That was really great. :D

[quote name='DrMunkee']As for Black and White, what I would like to see is a graphically enhanced battle system. I love the deepness of the battle system, but seeing the same wobbles just looks a little bland after so many years (I'm not a strictler for graphics, but I do enjoy some changes).[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. When you look at old screenshots, the battles still are largely the same. I think it's a weensy bit time Nintendo updated them.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Okay, I have a question. I would like to evolve my Togetic into Togekiss, but I'm looking at my Platinum guide, and the only moves it mentions that Togekiss learns are all described as Base moves, such as Sky Attack, ExtremeSpeed, Aura Sphere, and Air Slash. What does it mean, a Base move? Does the Pokémon not learn them naturally? Does it learn them only through breeding? [/QUOTE]

The pokemon does not learn moves via leveling up when they are listed as - on serebii or the guide. To learn those moves, you take a Heart Scale to the move re-learner and have him teach the ability to the pokemon.

[quote name='Ryukahn']The pokemon does not learn moves via leveling up when they are listed as - on serebii or the guide. To learn those moves, you take a Heart Scale to the move re-learner and have him teach the ability to the pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I had no idea.

So am I right in understanding that as the guide only mentions those four moves that you have to learn at the Move guy, that Togekiss will never learn any other moves? Thus, if there's any particular moves I want Togetic to learn, I better keep it a Togetic until it learns them?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Thanks for that info. I had no idea.

So am I right in understanding that as the guide only mentions those four moves that you have to learn at the Move guy, that Togekiss will never learn any other moves? Thus, if there's any particular moves I want Togetic to learn, I better keep it a Togetic until it learns them?[/QUOTE]

Correct

[quote name='Ryukahn']Correct[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for the info. I'm getting the hang of this fancy-smancy Pokémon playing. ;)

Glad to see the thread has been renamed.

Actually, I should clarify that it applies only to level up moves. There are still many TMs, a couple HMs, and other move tutor moves that it can learn.

Just caught a Cubone from the Safari Zone. The description is horrible: It always wears the skull of its dead mother, so no one has any idea what its hidden face looks like.

:cry:

[quote name='Ryukahn']Actually, I should clarify that it applies only to level up moves. There are still many TMs, a couple HMs, and other move tutor moves that it can learn.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that much I knew. I think I'm going to let my Togetic learn Wish, then I'm going to get a Shiny Stone from the Pokéathalon tomorrow to evolve it into Togetic when I reach the move deleter.

[quote name='Ryukahn']What we need is Hitmonchuck to go along with Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Obviously Hitmonchuck would be a Legendary roaming pokemon with Roundhouse Kick as it's primary move. Hitmonchuck's ability would be Mean Look, so you could not escape. All moves would have no effect on Hitmonchuck. One Roundhouse Kick would send you immediately to the Pokecenter, as the attack would faint all of your pokemon, not just the one in the battle. Attempting to catch it with a pokeball would result in a game over, as Hitmonchuck would Roundhouse Kick the player, ending his/her dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! lol

His special ability would be either 'Erase Game Save' or 'Break DS Hinge'.

He would also have a weather condition called 'Beard Storm' that boosts the power of Roundhouse Kick.

[quote name='Puffa469']He would also have a weather condition called 'Beard Storm' that boosts the power of Roundhouse Kick.[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that his Roundhouse Kick is not already of infinite power? You better be on the lookout for Hitmonchuck with crazy talk like that....

[quote name='Ryukahn']Are you suggesting that his Roundhouse Kick is not already of infinite power? You better be on the lookout for Hitmonchuck with crazy talk like that....[/QUOTE]
It could still try to raise the power and you'll get hit with the message "Rounhouse kick is already powered as high as it can go!"

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It could still try to raise the power and you'll get hit with the message "Rounhouse kick is already powered as high as it can go!"[/QUOTE]

That could work!

As for being serious, Eevee definitely needs 2 new forms (that is how many have been added in each of the past 2 gens), Jynx needs a new post-evo form, Pinsir and Lapras could probably use one too. I'd also like fossil pokemon not named Aerodactyl to get 3rd forms so they can actually be decent.

SL4IN- Could you manage to get a few Modest Eevees.

Ahadi- If you like the Sunny Day/Solar Beam combo, try it with Exeggutor.
It doubles the speed with Sunny Day and makes very good.\

Hitmonchuck would be awesome.

Uto- PM me your FC as its not in the Group thread and we can talk trade.
I dont have a Rilou on my SoulSilver but I have him ob other versions if you still want him. PM me and we can chat.

[quote name='Killer Calvin']in pokemon souls silver what is a national dex
im guessind dex is short for pokedex so what is a national pokedex?[/QUOTE]

Pokedex is the encyclopedia of Pokemon from the game your playing.

National Dex is the encyclopedia of all Pokemon ever created, not just the ones in the game your playing. I think the only way to complete a national dex is to trade or import pokes from other games. Even then there are older event pokemon that are super rare so that most will never complete the National Dex unless they use AR cheats or something.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Are you suggesting that his Roundhouse Kick is not already of infinite power? You better be on the lookout for Hitmonchuck with crazy talk like that....[/QUOTE]

Oh man, I didn't really think about that before I wrote it...

I'm gonna duct tape my DS closed to improve my chances of making home alive today.

[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna do just that. I still haven't picked a grass type yet. And I've never used Exeggutor.

God... it's weird to think that I've been playing Pokemon for so many years, yet there are Pokemon that I over-look. But it is fun to think about my old teams and see how far I've come in terms of understanding the game and attempting to diversify my Pokemon.

[quote name='adriley313']Uto- PM me your FC as its not in the Group thread and we can talk trade.
I dont have a Rilou on my SoulSilver but I have him ob other versions if you still want him. PM me and we can chat.[/QUOTE]

PMed you.

[/QUOTE]

I should try that. I have at least 6-7 Sunny Day TM's in my HG game.

How do I get Solar Beam?

[quote name='Puffa469']I should try that. I have at least 6-7 Sunny Day TM's in my HG game.

How do I get Solar Beam?[/QUOTE]

You can buy it in the town with the Radio Tower.
-I think....

My Exeggutor

Psychic
Seed Bomb- May trade for Toxic or Giga Drain
SolarBeam
Sunny Day

The item i use is Heat Rock to prolong Sunny Day.

[quote name='Puffa469']Pokedex is the encyclopedia of Pokemon from the game your playing.

National Dex is the encyclopedia of all Pokemon ever created, not just the ones in the game your playing. I think the only way to complete a national dex is to trade or import pokes from other games. Even then there are older event pokemon that are super rare so that most will never complete the National Dex unless they use AR cheats or something.[/QUOTE]

oh ok.
and how do i get the national dex in soul silver?

Wow, so I just learned that apparently I have been wasting my time with getting so many shards. I thought they were still required for the move tutors, but apparently you do not use them for move tutors in HG/SS, and instead just use them for acquiring berries.

Is there any way to use the wi-fi service for downloading the yellow forest etc. with a WPA wireless router set-up?

I've been trying with my DS and my nephew's DSi and am wondering if everyone else simply uses WEP security on their networks. Or is there a public hotspot with WEP security that people with WPA networks use specifically for DS-related downloading?

I want the Yellow Forest route, but I don't really want to mess with my router configuration.

bread's done
Back