Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

thank you so much.

pokemon is so much more intense than i remember.
the last pokemon game i played before soul silver was ruby on the gameboy sd.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Nothing ever changes... goddamn.[/QUOTE]

I actually think some of those screenshots are pretty amazing. While it's true that it looks like the game is largely the same, even some graphical improvements would help a lot. Personally, I'm hoping for an improved storyline, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorry Uto, i forgot to give one.
let me know when you wanna trade and ill give you one.
Im so sorry
i totally forget.

So I beat the Elite Four and all gyms and Red, but I hate Lance and Claire.
My rival is good for nothing. Its hard to deal with all those Dragonites. But I will prevail.

Picked up Squirtle from Oak and Treeko from Steven at Silph Co.

[quote name='adriley313']Sorry Uto, i forgot to give one.
let me know when you wanna trade and ill give you one.
Im so sorry
i totally forget.

So I beat the Elite Four and all gyms and Red, but I hate Lance and Claire.
My rival is good for nothing. Its hard to deal with all those Dragonites. But I will prevail.

Picked up Squirtle from Oak and Treeko from Steven at Silph Co.[/QUOTE]

Totally okay. I can hop online if you're around.

So what's the details of the Kanto region? Is it like getting to start all over again? Another full game?

It's basically an extension of the game. When I played the original, I managed to beat 5 gym leaders in one day, considering there wasn't really a huge quest to undertake.

[quote name='BLink']Ill take it, what specifically do you want for it?[/QUOTE]

Really any two pokemon that I need for my pokedex would be good, or one will be ok, but bring a filler I'll give you a Surfer and a Volt Tackle Pikachu. I always feel bad releasing them myself, so do with them as you wish

[quote name='adriley313']Yes I beat him[/QUOTE]

Congrats :)

[quote name='detectiveconan16']It's basically an extension of the game. When I played the original, I managed to beat 5 gym leaders in one day, considering there wasn't really a huge quest to undertake.[/QUOTE]

Well...how about the routes? Is like everything still there. I don't mind the lack of an extra quest, but is it the whole region, or just like a smaller version of Red/Blue/Green?

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Really any two pokemon that I need for my pokedex would be good, or one will be ok, but bring a filler I'll give you a Surfer and a Volt Tackle Pikachu. I always feel bad releasing them myself, so do with them as you wish[/QUOTE]

Well I have all the breedable pokemon so just name any two and ill get them ready.

Oooh, excellent how about Tyrogue and a Larvitar? I'd be happy with just a Tyrogue and whatever else in all honesty :) I'm heading out, so maybe tonight we can trade. Just send me a PM

I'm not a huge fan of the pseudo-3D thing on DS.

I preferred the 2D sprites and environments in FF and DQ, but the remakes on DS of those franchises... eh, didn't do it for me.

EDIT: Anyone have a PKMN w/ PKRS? I can get you pretty much anything that's breeded.

Can anyone help me with the Yellow Forest?

Here is what I have been doing. When the "!" comes up, I click the center button the patch and then the left and right button. Sometimes it goes into battle and sometimes it does not. If it does not either another patch or the same patch shows up with another "!". I click the center button and then the left and right buttons again. Only once have I gotten another chance with a "!!" field.

Is this the correct way?

Pretty much, the likelihood of you getting !! is slim, maybe 10% of the time? I've never seen a !!! myself, but I've gotten Surf/Fly Pikachus, so just keep trying.

[quote name='adriley313']hey Prinny Ive got somepokemon with pokerus, do you have a tyogre.
thx a bunch[/QUOTE]

I don't have any good Dittos right now, they're a huge bitch to catch. I can get you a Tyrogue, but its nature is gonna be something terrible if that's okay. What's your FC?

Apparently I don't have a single Ditto... I'm gonna go catch one. Any preference on the nature you want?

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']
Well...how about the routes? Is like everything still there. I don't mind the lack of an extra quest, but is it the whole region, or just like a smaller version of Red/Blue/Green?[/QUOTE]

It's the whole region, just with stronger trainers and gym leaders.

Got the 7th gym badge and was all set to ignore Team Rocket for a while...until I flew to Goldenrod and encountered a Grunt blocking my way into the GTS.

Now, it's personal.

It doesn't matter to me, I'll take anything. I have about 20 Tyrogues now, just gimme ur FC and what you'll be on. I'll be at the comp.... for a long time. Doing some work.

My Ditto is getting busy. Had it with 3 different pokemon and got 4 eggs. Pretty sure 2 of the eggs are my starter pokemon and one is an abra...woohoo

Not doing too bad so far, just got badge 3.

Thanks for the Tyrogue, Prinny.

I've got Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmanders for anyone that wants them. Also some Eevees.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Thanks for the Tyrogue, Prinny.

I've got Totodile, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmanders for anyone that wants them. Also some Eevees.[/QUOTE]

hey what do you want for a treeko?

Anyone got a chikorita for trade. It's the last of the three starters I need. I can trade the other two starters, or an eevee (those are the only rare ones I have).

I will be on tomorrow like 6-7 PM eastern.

[quote name='Killer Calvin']hey what do you want for a treeko?[/QUOTE]

Just something I haven't caught yet. Perhaps Misdreavus, Smeargle, Spinarak. Porygon would be sweet. So basically, some of the HeartGold exclusives would be nice. I'm not picky.

I'd kill for a Shiny Stone, also.

If you don't have anything or are just getting started, no worries. I'll still give you the Treeko.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone got a chikorita for trade. It's the last of the three starters I need. I can trade the other two starters, or an eevee (those are the only rare ones I have).

I will be on tomorrow like 6-7 PM eastern.[/QUOTE]

I can help you.

On another note, there's way too much water in Pokemon games. I hate surfing and fishing.

Surfing wouldn't be bad if you didn't encounter a Tentacruel every 5 steps. They need to tone down the number of Tentacruels you encounter. And there's no way there should be any in landlocked water or rivers.

No problem Utopian, Ill go ahead and extend that offer to all of CAG. If you need any items I can get you them for nothing

They are from a hacked card though, so if you have a problem with hacked items don't ask. =P

Only condition, is that they have to be available in Diamond, so anything HG/SS exclusive, I can not get you.

Edit: I trashed all the hacked pokemon too, didn't want them, so they aren't available either.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Just something I haven't caught yet. Perhaps Misdreavus, Smeargle, Spinarak. Porygon would be sweet. So basically, some of the HeartGold exclusives would be nice. I'm not picky.

I'd kill for a Shiny Stone, also.

If you don't have anything or are just getting started, no worries. I'll still give you the Treeko.[/QUOTE]

ill give you a porygon

Still would like an Ice Beam TM. Once I finish the game and get Pal Park, I have lots of stuff to offer. Emerald has that cloning glitch that can give me unlimited copies of whatever. I'll have to give the GTS wifi hack again, it stopped working when I reset my router.

Legit shinies:
Ditto
Lotad
Sandshrew
---
Event pokemon from the islands on Emerald (Deoxys etc.)
Jirachi from Bonus Disc
Mew from TRU event
---
Starters for GS, RB, RS[?]
---
Master balls

This list is from a LONG time ago (D/P). My DS broke before I could finish Diamond, so I never returned the favors I got. Any of you still here?
People to repay
Goku36 (pokerus)
AK85 (Manaphy, evolved Kadabra)
Spiwak (Spiritomb)

[quote name='Doomed']Still would like an Ice Beam TM. Once I finish the game and get Pal Park, I have lots of stuff to offer. Emerald has that cloning glitch that can give me unlimited copies of whatever. I'll have to give the GTS wifi hack again, it stopped working when I reset my router.

Legit shinies:
Ditto
Lotad
Sandshrew
---
Event pokemon from the islands on Emerald (Deoxys etc.)
Jirachi from Bonus Disc
Mew from TRU event
[/QUOTE]
PMed you.

[quote name='paulcalypse']PMed you.[/QUOTE]
Don't need it anymore thanks to Kaoz. My pokemon aren't going anywhere, but now no bribes are needed.

Man this is lame, been trying to catch this red Gyrados as adamant for about 6 hours now. (Between all of my playtime yesterday and today.)

Does my lead pokemons nature have anything to do with the odds of the wild pokemon having it?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I can help you.

On another note, there's way too much water in Pokemon games. I hate surfing and fishing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, is there anything in particular you want?

My code is 4855 8720 0179 if you want to add me.

bread's done
Back