Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='RedvsBlue']As an addendum the time of day will matter. For example, I carried around my pokewalker all day yesterday and was at 15,000+ steps. Started trying to catch a little before midnight and wouldn't you know it right away when 12am hit on the pokewalker's internal clock, I stopped getting anything more than one "!". GAH! I still have so many Watts from the 2 previous days. Looks like I just have to not be lazy today I guess...[/QUOTE]

That happened because your total steps reset each day. Watts don't matter in potentially running into one, but you need at least 10,000 steps/7,500 if you're carrying the right type (which I believe is electric/ground/steel).

[quote name='Dendaman']That happened because your total steps reset each day. Watts don't matter in potentially running into one, but you need at least 10,000 steps/7,500 if you're carrying the right type (which I believe is electric/ground/steel).[/QUOTE]

Close, ground/electric/grass. Even then I wouldn't recommend even trying until after 10,000 if not more. Those !!! are so rare, so just try for the !! and hope to get lucky. I'm back to the other courses, but I want to get my national pokedex so I can finally open up more courses. My team sucks so I am just trying to beat it, and then see to update my team or something.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I was gone most of the day, and this thread stayed on the same page? How dare all you people have lives too! ;)[/QUOTE]

haha im not sure if playing on xbox live all day is considered having a life but if it does then yes i DO have a life.

question, when you put a pokemon inside the pokewalker is there a certain number of steps you have to take before it levels up?

Uto- Hav you ever checked out Friendcodes.com.
They have mini 4 person chat room about ds games.
I use it for Pokemon.
They trade, battle and chat Pokemon.
And if your lucky you can find people that give away free pokemon.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I was gone most of the day, and this thread stayed on the same page? How dare all you people have lives too! ;)[/QUOTE]

It's funny but I was playing pokemon all day. I gained 39 levels on my traded pikachu, 3 badges and bet the elite 4 again for xp which I will probably do in a bit again.

the same amount of steps it would take if you put him in the Day Care.
The steps count towards the EXP points it takes to level up.

[quote name='Killer Calvin']

question, when you put a pokemon inside the pokewalker is there a certain number of steps you have to take before it levels up?[/QUOTE]
One step = 1 xp so it will take as many steps as xp it needs to level.

Example- if my pokemon needs 3000 xp to level it will be 3000 steps.

:wave:

Finally beat the Steel and Ice Gyms. Time to do a little roaming around and visit the Whirlpool Islands and take the Radio Tower back from Team Rocket, currently in the process of doing so.

I need to beat them for the second time.
Will try tonite, My team is leveled up but need help.
My Lapras hasnt got any training.

In other news today I caught/found
Latios
Aerodactyl

Gonna train Latios. I love the Blue Psi guy, Get It???

[quote name='adriley313']Uto- Hav you ever checked out Friendcodes.com.
They have mini 4 person chat room about ds games.
I use it for Pokemon.
They trade, battle and chat Pokemon.
And if your lucky you can find people that give away free pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I need to check that out. Sounds like you're scoring big there.

[quote name='Killer Calvin']haha im not sure if playing on xbox live all day is considered having a life but if it does then yes i DO have a life.

question, when you put a pokemon inside the pokewalker is there a certain number of steps you have to take before it levels up?[/QUOTE]

Guess we all sort of took a break from Pokémon for a while.

Not sure about the steps. Doesn't take much to level them up.

I so want a Munchlax. Anyone have a spare? If so, what can I trade you for it? Can Munchlaxs breed with Ditto, or is it just Snorlax?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']One step = 1 xp so it will take as many steps as xp it needs to level.

Example- if my pokemon needs 3000 xp to level it will be 3000 steps.[/QUOTE]

but i thought the pokemon can only level up once in the walker

When I beat the E4 again, Uto Ill breed you a Munchlax egg, but ull have to hatch it cause those take forever to hatch.

And yes FC is where I score Pokemon Gold. hehe

WHy do You want a Muchlax. You can catch Snorlax right by Digletts Cave in Kanto, AFTER you beat the Elite Four

[quote name='adriley313']When I beat the E4 again, Uto Ill breed you a Munchlax egg, but ull have to hatch it cause those take forever to hatch.

And yes FC is where I score Pokemon Gold. hehe[/QUOTE]

No worries. I don't mind hatching eggs. I just keep pressing up and down while on the bike path, while I distract myself on the internet. :lol:

So my new team for the E4-2 is
E3------Espeon-71
--------Yanmega-71
--------Frolass-68
Psiguy--Latios-35
--------Flareon-100
NiteStar-Dragonite-67

We are ready to do battle?

[quote name='adriley313']WHy do You want a Muchlax. You can catch Snorlax right by Digletts Cave in Kanto, AFTER you beat the Elite Four[/QUOTE]

Don't you need to breed Snorlax when he's holding a certain item with Ditto to get Munchlax? I just want a Munchlax because I never could get one from Platinum after all the Honey I spread on trees. :cry:

Oh wow, first time this has ever happened. I was looking at a Delibird to get on the GTS (just because I didn't feel like going back to get one in the Ice Cave), and when I went to do the trade, it said: "Unfortunately, it was traded to another Trainer."

Anyone want to help me evolve Machoke really quick? I'd ask about Kadabra, but I need to level up my Abra 1st. Other Kadabra is hanging out on the GTS and team Rocket is cock blocking it.

1720 5762 1903

[quote name='craven_fiend']Anyone want to help me evolve Machoke really quick? I'd ask about Kadabra, but I need to level up my Abra 1st. Other Kadabra is hanging out on the GTS and team Rocket is cock blocking it.

1720 5762 1903[/QUOTE]

I can help you. You'll see my FC in my sig. Wanna meet online in just a sec?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I thought you might like to hold Arcanine for your Pokédex. Just leveled up my Growlithe today to level 48 before I evolved. Sooo much work.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that. Slowly working up Growlithe and Ninetails as my Fire types for now. Trying to catch Magby on the Pokewalker.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I appreciate that. Slowly working up Growlithe and Ninetails as my Fire types for now. Trying to catch Magby on the Pokewalker.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I know Adriley just mentioned you can get Magmar in the Safari Zone. You can also get it in the Burned Tower.

[quote name='adriley313']You need Full Incense to get a Munchlax.[/QUOTE]

Is that possible to get in HG/SS?

[quote name='adriley313']You can also find Magmar in the Safari Zone.[/QUOTE]

Ran into one in the Burned Tower and killed it while trying to weaken. Almost had it with a quick ball, but no luck.

I really just need to get a good 10 or so Pokemon of different types leveled to fight. And then carry around 1 or 2 low levels to work up when walking around. That or just a party with one badass and 5 eggs, when I have that many, which I currently do.

Full Incense is found at Mt Mortar.
I have a bunch of Incenses, i dont know if i have him but it should be easy to get.

Fighting the new and improved E4, Im taking on Karen and her dark pokemon.
Umbreon will die. Absol and Perish Song can suck it. Trying to kill my Dragonite, how dare you woman.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Ran into one in the Burned Tower and killed it while trying to weaken. Almost had it with a quick ball, but no luck. [/QUOTE]

I hate when that happens. I've been requesting a lot of Pokémon on the GTS. Don't feel like catching it in the wild? Have someone else do it for you! ;)

[quote name='adriley313']Full Incense is found at Mt Mortar.
I have a bunch of Incenses, i dont know if i have him but it should be easy to get.

Fighting the new and improved E4, Im taking on Karen and her dark pokemon.
Umbreon will die. Absol and Perish Song can suck it. Trying to kill my Dragonite, how dare you woman.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info about Full Incense. Good luck with the E4.

I'm hatching Totodile and Bulbasaur eggs... *cycle cycle cycle*

Im up to Lance and Dragonite is not dying peacefully. Frolass is down but she will be back. Im glad he only has one Dragonite the second time around.

Im LMFAO bc Dragonites Hyper Beam did like 10 damage to my Flareon.
SUCKA

Yanmega vs Garchomp
I lost and Im pissed he beat my fav bug.
Heres comes HELL

Flareon brought the heat and took Garchomp to the ground with Flamethrower and Fire Fang.
So happy hes Adamant about fighting. HEHE

Just beat them.

I wish there was a way to print tthe pics that you take and the Elite Four Pic thats full size not that pixel mess.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I hate when that happens. I've been requesting a lot of Pokémon on the GTS. Don't feel like catching it in the wild? Have someone else do it for you! ;)

Thanks for the info about Full Incense. Good luck with the E4.

I'm hatching Totodile and Bulbasaur eggs... *cycle cycle cycle*[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I completely intend on using the GTS to my full benefit. Once I get through the Radio Tower. Stupid Rocket goon in front of the GTS. Hopefully I can get some of the harder to find ones, but I have to see them first. I think getting ahold of one of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum may be in order. If only just to add even more trading and such to my HeartGold.

I swear that Snorlax pissed me off.
I didn't remember him being this hard to catch.
Him and damn Leftovers. Gonna bring thief and take it for him.
Then Heavy & Ultra Balls go!!!

Wow. Yellow Forest is extremely frustrating. 12K steps and nothing to show for it. Considering how there's nothing I want to catch in the Pokewalker except for Surfing/Flying Pikachu I suppose I can afford to be patient. But still. :bomb:

[quote name='adriley313']I wish there was a way to print tthe pics that you take and the Elite Four Pic thats full size not that pixel mess.[/QUOTE]

When I started taking the pictures in the game, I figured they would be used somehow, and I was curious if they could be used as wallpapers later. It would be nice if you could use DSi functionality to move the pictures to the SD card and thus, move them to your computer.

But nooooo.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, I completely intend on using the GTS to my full benefit. Once I get through the Radio Tower. Stupid Rocket goon in front of the GTS. Hopefully I can get some of the harder to find ones, but I have to see them first. I think getting ahold of one of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum may be in order. If only just to add even more trading and such to my HeartGold.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I hadn't been planning on dealing with Team Rocket at that point in the game, but when I found the Grunt blocking the GTS, I went ahead and tackled them. It's a pretty long mission, ridding them from Goldenrod.

[quote name='adriley313']I swear that Snorlax pissed me off.
I didn't remember him being this hard to catch.
Him and damn Leftovers. Gonna bring thief and take it for him.
Then Heavy & Ultra Balls go!!![/QUOTE]

Aw, that sounds sucky.

I beat Clair last night, but was annoyed when she told me to go to the Dragon's Den. Just gimme my badge already!

[quote name='DQT']Wow. Yellow Forest is extremely frustrating. 12K steps and nothing to show for it. Considering how there's nothing I want to catch in the Pokewalker except for Surfing/Flying Pikachu I suppose I can afford to be patient. But still. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gave up there, for the time being. I'll probably return to the area at some point, but after several days there and a couple hundred tries with no luck, you can grow pretty frustrated.

[quote name='DQT']Wow. Yellow Forest is extremely frustrating. 12K steps and nothing to show for it. Considering how there's nothing I want to catch in the Pokewalker except for Surfing/Flying Pikachu I suppose I can afford to be patient. But still. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I decided to just start stock-piling watts so I can get to 25k and unlock the course that has rare candy on it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']When I started taking the pictures in the game, I figured they would be used somehow, and I was curious if they could be used as wallpapers later. It would be nice if you could use DSi functionality to move the pictures to the SD card and thus, move them to your computer.

But nooooo.

[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the GB games could work with the GB printer for stuff like this. I didn't have one, but I remember hearing about it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I really hate how random Confusion is. If you're attacked, the status should be taken away.[/QUOTE]

No way!

Later uto if your on can u help me evolve my two Clamperls to Gorebyss and Huntail.
It will help ur pokedex.
Thx a bunch

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ryukahn']I decided to just start stock-piling watts so I can get to 25k and unlock the course that has rare candy on it.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, that sounds like a nice goal.

[quote name='adriley313']I know. Ur like Claire really. Give me my badge you whimsy hag.
Don't forget to bring an open alot for Dratini.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up.

[quote name='mcelfour']IIRC, the GB games could work with the GB printer for stuff like this. I didn't have one, but I remember hearing about it.[/QUOTE]

At least something, you know? Those pics just seem kinda stupid being only on the DS. They just feel like something we should be able to get off.

[quote name='adriley313']Later uto if your on can u help me evolve my two Clamperls to Gorebyss and Huntail.
It will help ur pokedex.
Thx a bunch[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I'll probably be available in a few hours.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I really hate how random Confusion is. If you're attacked, the status should be taken away.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon snap out of confusion as often as they shed sleep or paralysis, and confusion instantly goes away when you switch. It's not too bad.

I lost my pokewalker back on Easter weekend. Today I found it in the dress pants I had been wearing then, haha. Anyway, I transferred the one Pikachu I had caught on it, and to my surprise it knows Surf! Wow. I think its the 20th one I caught from Yellow Forest. Let me say I am VERY glad I found the pokewalker, haha.

bread's done
Back