Official Pokemon Platinum Thread of Metagame, Friendcodes, Battling & Trading!

I might be on tonight earlier than expected. If anyone wants to do some trading, I might be on around 9:30 PM central.

Otherwise, I'll be available tomorrow morning from 7 AM to 12 PM Central.

[quote name='SL4IN']I might be on tonight earlier than expected. If anyone wants to do some trading, I might be on around 9:30 PM central.

Otherwise, I'll be available tomorrow morning from 7 AM to 12 PM Central.[/quote]

PM me when you can trade tonight and hopefully ill be on. :lol:

Ok. The way it looks right now, it's looking to be around 11PM central. Stuff with work came up at the last minute >_

I haven't done much in this game, but I know they didn't add it, and I think it should be added for future games: Private Trades

Sort of like the GTS, but for friends who you can't connect with.

I plan on playing a lot more through Monday, though.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Here's a better idea from your vague one: the ability to trade MORE THAN ONE POKEMON AT ONCE.[/quote]

Ya i like that idea. It would be good when your trying to transfer your pokemon from diamond to Platinum which I now will be happened for a lot of us soon.

Thanks for the guide tip, bout to get it on Amazon. 12 bucks is a steal compared to gamestop wanting 20.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Best you get them to 60 instead. Unless you enjoy being raped by Cynthia's slightly new line-up.[/quote]

Nah, I'm great at beating the Elite Four unleveled. I've gotten by with having a pokemon or two in the high 30s.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Nah, I'm great at beating the Elite Four unleveled. I've gotten by with having a pokemon or two in the high 30s.[/quote]

Me too.
In Elite Four and Gym battles it all about archtype. If you have one or two that are their weakness you dont need to be a super high lv. just have to have the right pokemon with the right moves.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Here's a better idea from your vague one: the ability to trade MORE THAN ONE POKEMON AT ONCE.[/quote]

Well, with my idea, you'd be able to trade with yourself if you only had 1 system/2 game carts (If you had both versions of the game). Basically, it's GTS, but with a Password on your Pokemon so no one else can grab it except for the person you want to get it.

Just beat the Elite 4 and Cynthia, took around 25.5 hours. Now I'm completing my Sinnoh pokedex so I can do the real stuff in the game now.

Just picked the game up on Friday, so I'll slowly be working my way through the game to get to play with you guys in the metagame.

The great thing about Pokemon is that regardless of how long it takes me to complete the story (1 week or 1 year), there will always be people up to trade/battle.

Well, I'm available all almost all day for trading of whatever that anyone needs. Just post in this thread or PM me. I got my 5th badge yesterday, I'm going to try to finish out the gym leaders today.

Just started it lasy night. Just starting my Lv up b4 i go out in the world.
So far ive got Monferno, Budew, Sharly, Shinx and i want an Abra.\
How long before you can trade with other people on the new game?
Its been awhile.

[quote name='adriley313']Just started it lasy night. Just starting my Lv up b4 i go out in the world.
So far ive got Monferno, Budew, Sharly, Shinx and i want an Abra.\
How long before you can trade with other people on the new game?
Its been awhile.[/quote]

There's a guy in a building in Oreburgh that'll trade an Abra for a Machop.

The walmart near me still has alot of the pokemon platinum sets about 8 or so and the walmart.com still says there's none in stock there. =)

Hey 2moro if anyones up for trading. Ill need to import a team and items into Platinum.
If anyone can help? Post here or PM me please.
Thx guys.

I'm up for trading for the rest of the night if anyone needs anything in Particular. I'll be using my Diamond as well, and I have most of the 492 available on there, so if anyone needs/wants eggs of certain Pokemon, let me know and I'll see what I've got.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Well, just got the national dex. There's so much to do now, I don't even know where to begin.[/quote]

That was fast i dont even have a badge yet.
Ive been working 15-16 hr days.
Though i am trading with SL4IN i will play more tonite and 2moro.

[quote name='adriley313']That was fast i dont even have a badge yet.
Ive been working 15-16 hr days.
Though i am trading with SL4IN i will play more tonite and 2moro.[/quote]

Accounting?..if so we are in the same boat. I think I've only got 2 hours in and I'm just now in Oreburg(sp.) mine.

I run a eBay business that does 50-60 sales a day. so it keeps me busy.
I played alil last nite got my first badge. first time cradidos crushed me. then i got budew to learn mega drain and whipped him.
im lovin in though

If you wanna trade pokemon and chat in a room,
Try Friendcodes.com
they have small 4 person chat rooms that you can use to chat while you trade and battle.
its cool.

Well Ive had the game beaten since friday, Im collecting and training a real team now (Elite for was Infernape and Empoleon in Mid 60s, Rotom mid 50s, and a barely trained Giratina). I managed to snag great stuff on GTS including Milotic (definitely on my final roster), Manaphy (Traded Garchomp - got the pokemon ranger one too :D - it was trained to level 7 unfortunately), and I managed to get (not on GTS) an Umbreon (My favorite of all time pokemon and my lead of my online main team), a Regigigas, and too many other guys to name. On a side note, I have Regirock and Registeel to trade (traded Regice for Milotic) and soon I will have an army of Feebas and Phione to trade as well (once I can get a ditto of course). As far as my planned online team goes, it's

Umbreon
Aerodactyl
Milotic
Gallade
Tyranitar or Metagross
Kingdra or Slowking

For the 5th one, I have a Metang I can trade over but Larvitars (and their evos) are awesome. For the 6th one, its entirely based on whether I get the Kings Rock or Dragon Scale first. Any input? I also need Shadow Pulse (for my Umbreon) as I accidentaly sold mine to the Mart. Id be happy to trade a level 50 Ariados or a spare Croagunk for it. Thanks guys!

So I havent played a pokemon game since pokemon yellow so try and be understanding, is it possible to get old school pokemon like squirtle and pikachu in this game?

[quote name='genfuyung']So I havent played a pokemon game since pokemon yellow so try and be understanding, is it possible to get old school pokemon like squirtle and pikachu in this game?[/quote]
If you have firered/leafgreen.

Man. A lot of this talk in this thread is over my head.

I'm looking for a good Fire type pokemon. I've heard Infernape and Arcanine are good. I really don't have much to trade as I'm only about 10 hours in and am in Hearthome City only. But if anyone is kind enough to throw one of those my way, let me know.

Also, Gyrados is a decent water type right? I trained that ish from a lvl 5. magikarp.

[quote name='SL4IN']Gyarados is fantastic. Are there any fire types in particular you wanted? I could get you just about anything.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading up on them and have pretty much heard that Infernape, Arcanine and perhaps Ninetales are among the best fire types. I'd prefer to get a Chimcar if possible.

And just for a general question, what kind of lineup do you guys have?

My guys:

Grotle
Gyrados
Staravia
Luxio
Kadabra
Geodude (only for rock smash)

Any suggestions? I will probably eventually replace both Staravia and.or Luxio for other Pokemon I just don't know who yet, probably with some type of Legendary. Also, is Kadabra a decent Physic pokemon? Again, I'm only at the 3rd gym.

When you get Kadabra to Alakazam, he is phenomenal. I'll hop on to trade with you here in a few minutes, and we can trade your Kadabra so he'll evolve into Alakazam. And I'll get you a Chimchar egg, so when he hatches you'll be his OT and he'll listen if he over levels.

All I need is your FC and in-game name, which I'll also post in the OP. I'll be using my Diamond version of the game, which the FC and in-game name are posted in the OP.

My Platinum line-up is:

Torterra
Garchomp
Golem
Gengar
Golduck
Raichu

Damn. I'm dumb. I forgot to make room for the Egg. I'll join up again in a second.

Crap. Sorry, any chance you have time to get that Geodude back to me?

If not, haha oh well. I'll go catch another one and teach it Rock Smash.

Thanks for helpin' me out!

Sure, I'll hop back on.

It's no problem! If there's anything else you need, or anyone else for that matter, just let me know. I can get just about any Pokemon anyone wants from breeding (sans a few legendaries and event Pokes). But, in any case, if I can help out, I usually will.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Man. A lot of this talk in this thread is over my head.

I'm looking for a good Fire type pokemon. I've heard Infernape and Arcanine are good. I really don't have much to trade as I'm only about 10 hours in and am in Hearthome City only. But if anyone is kind enough to throw one of those my way, let me know.

Also, Gyrados is a decent water type right? I trained that ish from a lvl 5. magikarp.[/quote]

Want a good fire go with charizard. hes strong and great.
Psychic go with espeon or gardevior.
Trade luxio for jolteon

Gardevoir

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND DONE IT

motivator9334062_2.jpg

[quote name='SL4IN']Sure, I'll hop back on.

It's no problem! If there's anything else you need, or anyone else for that matter, just let me know. I can get just about any Pokemon anyone wants from breeding (sans a few legendaries and event Pokes). But, in any case, if I can help out, I usually will.[/quote]

Do you have any of the old pokemon like charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur, or pikachu?

bread's done
Back