Official San Diego Area CAG List

The hillcrest blockbuster is also closing.

I'm sad that the college ave one is closing. I used to rent HD DVDs from that store in 2007.

BBV Casualties:
Scripps Ranch
Poway
4S Ranch
Rancho Penasquitos
College Area
Florida/El Cajon
La Jolla
Hazard Center
Otay Ranch
Lemon Grove
Paradise Hills
Balboa

feel free to add more

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheHelix']BBV Casualties:
Scripps Ranch
Poway
4S Ranch
Rancho Penasquitos
College Area
Hillcrest
La Jolla

feel free to add more[/QUOTE]

Mission Valley.

I'm gonna go to Ray's Game Center and spend a load of quarters on Guitar Freaks and stuff...

WHAT IT'S CLOSED WHAT AM I FIGHTING FORRR

[quote name='TheHelix']BBV Casualties:
Scripps Ranch
Poway
4S Ranch
Rancho Penasquitos
College Area
Hillcrest
La Jolla
Mission Valley

feel free to add more[/QUOTE]

to clarify- hillcrest on el cajon blvd. the one on university is still going.

Anyone know if the one at balboa ave is closing? Where is the mission valley one?

The BB in Otay Ranch/ Sunbow is closing, but the game deals aren't deals at all. 10% off of newer games isn't worth it.

[quote name='h0mi']to clarify- hillcrest on el cajon blvd. the one on university is still going.

Anyone know if the one at balboa ave is closing? Where is the mission valley one?[/QUOTE]

Balboa one is not. Mission Valley one is in the Plaza by Ralph's, near Best Buy.

They're supposed to be closed some time in April, so the prices should get lower as weeks pass.

[quote name='elessar123']Mission Valley.[/QUOTE]

No way! I remember renting DVD's from them when they started to become popular. I also remember renting the first Tony Hawk game for PS1 and also Thrasher: Skate or Destroy :cry: Thanks for having my movies when Red Box and Netflix failed me (but then again, I paid $5.xx for a rental...)

My Gamestop, the one at the corner of College Ave and El Cajon, is getting a 3DS demo unit in very soon, we'll probably have it by next week.

Come in if you want to check it out.

[quote name='elessar123']Balboa one is not. Mission Valley one is in the Plaza by Ralph's, near Best Buy.

They're supposed to be closed some time in April, so the prices should get lower as weeks pass.[/QUOTE]

When I talked to the employees at the Balboa store, they siad they're store has been permanently deemed an "outlet" so all their stuff will be on perpetual sale, not slopping and slowly dropping.

The lemon grove store is also closing, overheard guy mentioning that today was the last day for renting at the store- the lease terms appear to be onerous enough that even though the store is uber busy, they're closing down.

I'll have to check out balboa. Hillcrest store has shit for deals and when I checked so did college. $12 for used blu-rays is insane.

Damn...Lemon Grove is where I got Metal Slug Anthology (Wii) for 5 bucks. Parking there was horrendous though...way too cramped and the In N Out drive through overflowing constantly didn't help either.

Was just at the Target in santee and they had PS2 Systems on clearance for $70. A few of them looked like the xmas one's with toy story 3. I only saw 4 total though.

If anybody wants to come check out the 3DS, we have a demo unit that I'll be showing off at the Campus Plaza Gamestop today. Let me know if you stop by that you're from CAG.

BTW, Balboa one IS closing. Was in that area last week, and nothing. This week, there's a sign dating it's closing. Don't bother checking though, cruse the best game they have is Spiderman Shattered Dimensions on Wii for $30. Did pick up some game artwork/manuals though at $0.10 a piece.

Hey SD CAGers,

I'm selling my copy of MvC3 for Xbox 360. I put it up on Craigslist but haven't had anybody email or contact me yet. I'm selling it for $40, its in practical mint near condition. If you are interested, PM me and we can meet up locally. Thanks!

Blockbuster in mission valley and in hillcrest on Washington st. are both gone. I was expecting they'd still have discs for sale this week but they must've accelerated their price cutting. I need to go to the college ave one today and maybe the one in lemon grove to see what I can snag. Anyone know of any that are still open besides the other hillcrest store, tierrasanta and the north park one?

[quote name='mig0']Blockbuster in mission valley and in hillcrest on Washington st. are both gone. I was expecting they'd still have discs for sale this week but they must've accelerated their price cutting. I need to go to the college ave one today and maybe the one in lemon grove to see what I can snag. Anyone know of any that are still open besides the other hillcrest store, tierrasanta and the north park one?[/QUOTE]

The last day of the Mission Valley one was Friday, cause I was there when it said Last 1 Days. Balboa one should be gone now too. I think Sunday was the last day there. Point Loma one is still open, and I think UTC one was too. Might have been Carmel Valley or somewhere else, but in that general area.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']hey guys,

a friend tipped me off but the target in poway has multiple copies of left 4 dead 2 for $7.50. Good game at a good price![/quote]

fuck!

BB midnight launch in Mission Valley for LA Noire actually went awesome! Got there at exactly 11:55 on the dot, was only 5th in line. We all got midnight DLC plus $10 gift cards plus coke and GAMER magazine. On top of that, while we were waiting in line for registers to turn on, I whipped out my Droid X and pulled out the BB GAMING APP and showed the supervisor that the game was listed for $48.99 on their app. He was extremely surprised and showed manager for approval. They were nice enough to give everyone in line the $48.99 price, not just me! Even the guy said he's going to pick up a copy now for that price. Awesome, thanks BB! For once they came through! No more GS midnight launches!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']BB midnight launch in Mission Valley for LA Noire actually went awesome! Got there at exactly 11:55 on the dot, was only 5th in line. We all got midnight DLC plus $10 gift cards plus coke and GAMER magazine. On top of that, while we were waiting in line for registers to turn on, I whipped out my Droid X and pulled out the BB GAMING APP and showed the supervisor that the game was listed for $48.99 on their app. He was extremely surprised and showed manager for approval. They were nice enough to give everyone in line the $48.99 price, not just me! Even the guy said he's going to pick up a copy now for that price. Awesome, thanks BB! For once they came through! No more GS midnight launches![/QUOTE]

That's petty pimp. Maybe I'll go for one of those, since I live in MV... I've actually never been to a midnight launch for a game.

[quote name='elessar123']That's petty pimp. Maybe I'll go for one of those, since I live in MV... I've actually never been to a midnight launch for a game.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't unless its CoD or they're giving rediculous bonuses for the game, which in this case, was beyond an excellent deal.

[quote name='Furashu']any tips landing an internship for finance? i only have sales and marketing exp, but will get my finance degree in august...![/QUOTE]

Apply everywhere and do it now. Internships post-graduation are much more difficult to land in my experience. Check your school's career services office, they will often have connections you can't source on your own.

anyone else going to comic con?
I will try to volunteer for thursday, and i will be there on Sunday at the San Diego Asian Film Foundation Booth! Come say hello.

Heads up, I found some 3DS at Target in Sports Arena for $175.xx. They were repackaged, figure someone here wouldn't mind. I saw 3-4 black ones and 1 blue. They were next to the Kinect.

Anyone going to SDCC willing to do me a favor? Stop by the Kingdom of Loathing booth and ask for one of the free item codes for me. I'd really appreciate it. They're free, so if you pass by it's just an extra 10 seconds! :)

What have you gotten at con? I've scored some shirts and a bunch of posters and an optimus prime Lego-like toy at hasbro.

bread's done
Back