Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='DT778']same here. transfer student and this is my first semester. doing some classes that my community college didnt have but next semester i should start on my upper division stuff. how about you?[/quote]

I'm a third year at state, it's cool though since my best friend tranferred here as well. I'm assuming you took a managerial accounting test? Probably the least popular accounting subject at SDSU.

[quote name='menikmati']Got my PS3 at the Wal-Mart in Clairemont, but some asshole fucking stole my cell phone :([/quote]

Hey what was it like at the Clairemont Wal-Mart, I know someone who went there, and he saw 8 people in line, and those people told him that they were only getting 8 systems, but then he went inside to talk to the manager, who told him they were getting 10 systems. So he wasn't sure if he should stay or not...but then I convinced him to come with me to Mira Mesa Best Buy where people weren't supposed to line up until 12am, but there was already a hundred people by 9pm, it was crazy with people making 2-3 lines and everybody arguing about who was in the right line. We ended up being number 39 and just went home. Needless to say, he regrets not staying at the Clairemont Walmart, I think he woulda been number 9. He said all of the people were playing poker or something. =)

[quote name='allyourblood']like, while you were sleeping, or straight-up robbed you? although, either way, that sucks. sorry bro.[/quote]

I placed it on the bench while charging on the outlet literally 2 inches away from my group of friends. One of my friends unplugged his phone at about 5am and left mine alone, and we were all sleeping for about an hour because another guy in line stayed up for most of the night, and when I woke up at around 7 my phone was gone.

[quote name='MPhim']Hey what was it like at the Clairemont Wal-Mart, I know someone who went there, and he saw 8 people in line, and those people told him that they were only getting 8 systems, but then he went inside to talk to the manager, who told him they were getting 10 systems. So he wasn't sure if he should stay or not...but then I convinced him to come with me to Mira Mesa Best Buy where people weren't supposed to line up until 12am, but there was already a hundred people by 9pm, it was crazy with people making 2-3 lines and everybody arguing about who was in the right line. We ended up being number 39 and just went home. Needless to say, he regrets not staying at the Clairemont Walmart, I think he woulda been number 9. He said all of the people were playing poker or something. =)[/quote]

Yeah me and my group of friends took up the 7 out of 8 systems starting on Tuesday. That was our poker table, I don't play poker though. There were a lot of random numbers that employees were throwing around, but it was confirmed that there were 8 systems total, 6 60GB and 2 20GB.

It went pretty smooth until some asian chick comes into the line and notices that 2 of my friends were out of the line, they went to get food at McDonalds which is literally within viewing distance (within 200 feet of the Wal-Mart itself) and she said that they lost their places and she should be moved up. Ever since then, there HAD to be seven bodies in line for us in our group at all times. Hell, last year at the Xbox 360 launch, people would get to be good friends with each other and let people get out of line for brief moments to get food, go home for things, etc but this bitch didn't even let us go INSIDE the Wal-Mart to get shit.

When I had my phone stolen, I went to file a police report and that took me a couple of hours and she literally threw a fit while I was gone and I was already pissed off enough from having my phone stolen.

The weather was alright, it was REALLY foggy at times and on Tuesday/Friday it got really cold in the morning, but it was bearable. The noise was horrible though next to the 805 freeway, but I still managed to grab a couple hours of sleep, but I ended staying up ever since my phone got stolen.

Even though there were 8 systems, they still gave out 10 vouchers for the next PS3 shipment (which I don't know the date of, sorry), so they would be guaranteed the PS3's in the next shipment as long as they have the voucher.

good story; sorry about your phone. the worst part is that the dirty prick that snaked it was probably in line with you the whole time.

you gonna play your system or sell it? just curious.

I'm selling mine to help pay off college fees, but one of ours is keeping his and we're going to play the shit out of it when Sunday rolls around, so we can play both the PS3 and Wii.

The cool thing was that if my friends could make a nice chunk of money from selling their PS3s, they would donate some money to me to help me pay off my new phone, damn thing cost me $179+tax too :( . AND i lost all my contacts, pictures, etc.

Man... I just got home from LA...

What a long Friday....

Hi.

299979067_2365b6a84b.jpg

[quote name='DQT']I'm a third year at state, it's cool though since my best friend tranferred here as well. I'm assuming you took a managerial accounting test? Probably the least popular accounting subject at SDSU.[/quote]yup, managerial accounting. I dont think that class is too bad. I assume you've taken acctg 321, how is it? my counselor said its a tuff class.

Any BK's selling those king games yet? Im probably going to hit up the one on el cajon off of college ave this sunday.

The Wal Mart at Grossmont is selling them at midnight. However, they say they only have 20 units and there are already that many people in line. I'm a little discouraged. However, I have doubts as to whether they really only have 20.

Any sightings of Wiimotes at any of the B&M stores, or any idea as to which store would give me the best chance to acquire one?

[quote name='goldengraham']Anyone know anything about lines for the Wii at the Mira Mesa Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]
i wanna know whos doing midnight launches by us so i can drive by those places.

BestBuy had no people in line today at Mission Valley, if I decide to get a Wii I would try there tomorrow morning.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']BestBuy had no people in line today at Mission Valley, if I decide to get a Wii I would try there tomorrow morning.[/quote]Really? Man the BB off of Highland was packed with tents and trucks. I just need to find some extra Wiimotes and nunchucks. Let me know if you guys see any extra sightings of these. Thanks.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Really? Man the BB off of Highland was packed with tents and trucks. I just need to find some extra Wiimotes and nunchucks. Let me know if you guys see any extra sightings of these. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yup, no lines at around 4 when I left the store. Not sure about later on though...

I got my Wii at Target in Grossmont Center this morning. They seemed to have plenty of extra Wiimotes and 'chucks. Anyone know a good place to pick up some component cables (not online)?

By the way, were any of you guys at the Grossmont Target this morning?

best buy in mira mesa had a line when i checked last night at around 11. target had a line too. we went to toys r us which had a very short line but ehh...didn't feel like waiting 10 hours outside for the wii (all of my camping gear's up in norcal). so...when's the next shipment, haha

While I'm not technically "San Diego" anymore, the Temecula Walmart had a line last night about 25 deep, but the Circuit City near the Gamestop I went to this morning at 8am didn't seem to have a line at all. Maybe they opened super early or gave out vouchers or something, I don't know.

[quote name='paz9x']i wanna know whos doing midnight launches by us so i can drive by those places.[/QUOTE]
Oh noes, another drive-by!

Hmm, so did anyone get a wii this weekend? I just decided to sleep in today and maybe Ill just get one down the road.

The MCRD (Navy Exchange) had about 28 Wii consoles, but that was around noon today. Don't know about now, but there was no line to speak of and you don't need to pay tax. No accessories there though.

[quote name='DT778']yup, managerial accounting. I dont think that class is too bad. I assume you've taken acctg 321, how is it? my counselor said its a tuff class.

Any BK's selling those king games yet? Im probably going to hit up the one on el cajon off of college ave this sunday.[/quote]

I'm taking 321 right now, and ign has reviews of those games up if you're interested.

Chargers win, but wtf is with the last minute of the game? Stupid stuff by professionals. Felt I was watching a bunch of kids playing ball.

Good game though.

Chargers FTW

Oh, I'm surprised nobody has flamed MarkMan for buying so many PS3's and selling them for a profit yet, unlike that one guy on the PS3 board.

Chargers win, baby.

Anybody catch that dumbass nalen's cheap shot on Igor, where Igor proceeded to sock nalen in the face?

Igor apologized directly after the game on channel 7 and called dumbass nalen out, saying nalen tried to take out his knees and that the whole denver line (they've had the reputation of being cheaters for eyars) is full of cheaters that never get penalized.

lol, i don't see why ppl would flame ppl over thta

any way i look at it, it's the smart thing to do

i made my money, i didn't force anyone to buy anything, im straight.

i didn't take away from any depraved gamer, there are so many ps3s out there

besides i sold my ps3s to a company in the industry, and it wasn't for OMG rape prices.

but all good.

money :)

for my daughter.

and my wii.

lol

[quote name='bthamilton']I got my Wii at Target in Grossmont Center this morning. They seemed to have plenty of extra Wiimotes and 'chucks. Anyone know a good place to pick up some component cables (not online)?

By the way, were any of you guys at the Grossmont Target this morning?[/quote]

I decided to go to the CC at La Mesa. I went at 7pm to be 9th in line out of a total 21 consoles. The line didn't fill up until around midnight or so. The bad thing was that I didn't get a Classic Controller and the Wii Points I wanted.

The good thing was that the $40 off coupon worked, and I saved more money on the games and remote/nunchuk.

got my wii this morning from work. picked up zelda, rayman, extra wiimote and nunchuck, and 2000 wii points. i spent 1000 of those on mario 64.

Anyone know a place that for sure has extra wii-motes/nunchucks and classic controllers?

I need to get a few tomorrow.

Also if someone knows how I can hook up my Wii without having a wireless connection in my house let me know... I'm archaic and wired lol.

I believe that you have to buy a LAN adapter in order to use a wired internet connection with the Wii.

It'd probably be best/cheapest to just buy a wireless router and use that. My Wii set its internet connection flawlessly. It was nice for a change.

[quote name='MarkMan']Anyone know a place that for sure has extra wii-motes/nunchucks and classic controllers?

I need to get a few tomorrow.

Also if someone knows how I can hook up my Wii without having a wireless connection in my house let me know... I'm archaic and wired lol.[/quote]I know that TRU off of Sweetwater had quite a few classic controllers around 2PM yesterday, but I'm not sure if they have any left now. As for the Wiimotes/nunchucks, I got lucky at a couple Wal-Marts and CC while people were still standing in line waiting to buy their Wiis. Your best bet would be to call the bigger B&M stores that aren't specifically electronics based (Wal-Mart, Target, Sears). From my experience, they always had their Wiimotes/nunchucks sitting in the back storage of the store (not on display).

FYI. I believe this was said on Kotaku.com but most retailers (including game crazy) got a letter stating that Nintendo has not produced enough nunchuk controllers so there WILL be shortage probably for a month or so. GOOD LUCK!

got my Wii at SEARS in Chula Vista. they had 10. i was 4, my brother was 5, my pal Jorge was 6. we were quite pleased. we only had to wait in line a little over an hour, and we played our DS systems the whole time, so it was smooth. i got Zelda and a classic controller. the store only had 3 remotes and 1 nunchuck (!!!), all of which were gone by the time i got up to the register (they rang us up in order).

we played Wii for about 12 hours yesterday. this thing is wayyy fun.

every big store near me is fresh out, charlie, but i'll keep my eyes peeled and PM you if i see any action.

on that note, someone let me know if you see the remotes anywhere. my wife and i can't cuss each other out over a tennis match if we can't both play at the same time. well, that's not true. we'll still cuss each other out, but it just won't be the same.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Anybody know of any stores that still have Wii's? Doubtful, but who knows.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy in Mission Valley says to check on them everyday to see if they have any new shipments, because supposedly the guy there told me they have 60 units on order but don't know when they are getting it in, whether it's Tuesdays or Thursdays, but the best bet would be to check everyday at around noon.

You can probably get one closer but here is some info allyourblood,

Target
910 Eastlake Pkwy , Chula Vista, CA 91914-3558 US
Phone: (619) 213-1010
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am to 10pm Sun 8am to 9pm

had about 12 Wii remotes inside their display case as of about 1:00PM. I may go back and get one.

While we are at it, has anyone spotted any Wii Nunchucks anywhere in San Diego?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']You can probably get one closer but here is some info allyourblood,

Target
910 Eastlake Pkwy , Chula Vista, CA 91914-3558 US
Phone: (619) 213-1010
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am to 10pm Sun 8am to 9pm

had about 12 Wii remotes inside their display case as of about 1:00PM. I may go back and get one.

While we are at it, has anyone spotted any Wii Nunchucks anywhere in San Diego?[/quote]

thanks! just called my pal that works there and he's holding one for me (i'm gonna drive out there in just a few). i'll have to cancel my order from Nintendo.com, since i added one of those to it.

the Nunchuks are apparently made of spun gold. i haven't seen any other than the one that SEARS had. lame.

Zelda is the shit... anyone find Victorious Boxers 2 or Capcom Classics Collection 2 in San Diego?

I need to get those...

lol, got the Burger King games yesterday.

[quote name='MarkMan']If you just want a deck, go to Hangar 94 in Rancho San Diego. $20.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for completes, preferably World Industries. I can also do custom boards too as long as it's under $90

bread's done
Back