Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I did this at the GameCrazy off of Genesee. From what I've done, 2 or more games = 50% more. So say you have 3, 4, 5 or whatever. All of them get 50% more.[/QUOTE]
I got games at the clairemont and carmel mtn CC's and flipped games at the genesee and carmel mtn GC's.

Even saw Paz9x at the PQ Gamecrazy. (btw, I got that whole situation cleared up)

Spent $150 on CC games.

Got $230 in credit.

Altogether (including trading in two other games that I already had), I got $278 in credit.

I still have two more games to flips, so I'll have about $340 in credit to spend on a new psp and partially on a wii.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I used to live right on the otherside of IB on Palm Ave.

I can't comment on IB, but Palm ave and pretty much any area down south or southeast has a bad rep.

If you want to live in a beach area, definitely try PB.[/quote]
"otherside"? anything east of 13th and you're in San Diego.

when you start getting towards Nestor, now in you're in the yucky area. my parents live a little west of Nestor. their neighborhood is pretty nice but it gets a little assy just 4-5 blocks closer to the 5.

[quote name='allyourblood']"otherside"? anything east of 13th and you're in San Diego.

when you start getting towards Nestor, now in you're in the yucky area. my parents live a little west of Nestor. their neighborhood is pretty nice but it gets a little assy just 4-5 blocks closer to the 5.[/QUOTE]
Didn't mean to join the words, I meant other side. Palm avenue turns into IB which then turns into coronado.

[quote name='chaarlieee']I got games at the clairemont and carmel mtn CC's and flipped games at the genesee and carmel mtn GC's.

Even saw Paz9x at the PQ Gamecrazy. (btw, I got that whole situation cleared up)

Spent $150 on CC games.

Got $230 in credit.

Altogether (including trading in two other games that I already had), I got $278 in credit.

I still have two more games to flips, so I'll have about $340 in credit to spend on a new psp and partially on a wii.[/QUOTE]
That's fucking crazy! What games did you get and the price?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']That's fucking crazy! What games did you get and the price?[/QUOTE]
cc games:
(two) dead or alive xtreme 2
ddr universe
virtua tennis 3

games I already had:
gears of war
fight night round 3

my girl traded in:
(two) dead or alive xtreme 2

And I still have another dead or alive xtreme 2 and another ddr universe.

I grew up in this part of San Diego (Harbor View, MVM, and SOH alum!) and I have to say that IB gets better once you go west of 9th street. Ever since their turnaround, everything has been on the up and up. Films have shot at the pier and HBO's John From Cincinatti (sic) is currently being shot there. They've even built fake store fronts and house additions.

Anyone ever work at Target before? I got a job interview for them tomorrow, but I dunno if I should go there or just transfer to another department at Sea World.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone ever work at Target before? I got a job interview for them tomorrow, but I dunno if I should go there or just transfer to another department at Sea World.[/quote] Target fucking sucks. Don't work there. Don't work at Wal*Mart either.

You should aim for anything that's at least $10 an hour.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anyone ever work at Target before? I got a job interview for them tomorrow, but I dunno if I should go there or just transfer to another department at Sea World.[/quote]

my buddy worked at the Eastlake Target for a year or two. he liked it fine, but the pay is... well, typical retail. i guess they treated him okay.

i used to work at TRU in NC for 5 years. i loved that job, and it paid really well (though i got promoted twice).

[quote name='orimental']I grew up in this part of San Diego (Harbor View, MVM, and SOH alum!)...[/quote]
i went to Harbor View, Mar Vista Middle and then Mar Vista High (class of '97). good times (sort of).

[quote name='MarkMan']So what's everyone been playing lately? There are so many games I have to play it's making me go insane... :([/quote]

Sadly, I'm in the same boat as you... and even more sadly, I'm addicted to UT2004. Other than that I play Gears on Friday nights with my friends.

RE4: Wii Edition.

I never played the GCN version, so I was pretty excited to get it, especially after all of the good reviews citing the better controls. And they're right. Admittedly, the last RE game I played was Code: Veronica for DC and I didn't really enjoy it too much because of the controls.

Damn... I've been playing review/preview copies of Persona 3, Blue Dragon, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, and Vampire Night.... I have to do write ups on them still, it's driving me nuts...

Is anyone going to Anime Expo this weekend? If you're there on Saturday stop by our booth with Aksys games/High-Score Magazine!

[quote name='orimental']RE4: Wii Edition.

I never played the GCN version, so I was pretty excited to get it, especially after all of the good reviews citing the better controls. And they're right. Admittedly, the last RE game I played was Code: Veronica for DC and I didn't really enjoy it too much because of the controls.[/QUOTE]

Code Veronica was great, but would have been much better with a workable control scheme like RE4's.

[quote name='allyourblood']
i used to work at TRU in NC for 5 years. i loved that job, and it paid really well (though i got promoted twice).[/quote]

TRU always seemed like a nice place to work. Riceboi, it seems thats you have some experience which leads to more leverage in your job hunting.

Oh and I'm playing the Castlevania Doublepack I got during the GS memorial day sale.

Hope this isn't too late:

Was at the GTM general store in Santee yesterday and saw a few 360 wireless controllers. They seemed to be returns (maybe defective) since they were opened, look a bit used, and just sitting in a pile in the corner. I also saw a few that were still in a retail packaging. Price turned out to be $32 but they have a coupon for 25% off any single item that's good until tomorrow. They also had the wireless receiver for $12 in retail packaging.

They also have a small selection of video games. I noticed Excite Truck for $38, 360 Arcade Unplugged (on sale for $7.50), FF3 for the DS for $28, among other games.

http://gtmstores.com/CouponPage.shtml

[quote name='chaarlieee']Chris Young was snubbed from the All Star game.

Vote him in at least 20-30 times.. he really deserves it.

http://www.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2007/fv/ballot.html[/QUOTE]

So friggin true.

Stats for the candidates:
Chris Young 8-3, 2.14 ERA
Carlos Zambrano 9-6, 4.20 ERA
Roy Oswalt 7-5, 3.42 ERA
Tom Gorzelanny 8-4, 3.05 ERA
Brandon Webb 8-5, 3.05 ERA

CY is 3rd in the NL in ERA. He better get that last spot.

[quote name='orimental']The complete Comic-Con 2007 Programming Schedule is up!

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

I am starting to get absolutely pumped for Comic-Con now. Since I've got family on the Board of Directors, I always get a 4 Day Pass of some sort for free, but working this summer may only allow me to go Preview Night, Friday, and Sunday. If I am lucky I will be able to get Saturday off and go that day as well. I only took a quick glance at the schedule, but Friday seems is the day that interests me the most as far as programs go.

Mostly interested in:
10:30-12:00 Warner Bros.
12:15-2:00 Twentieth Century Fox
1:30-2:30 24 (I highly doubt it would happen, but I would fucking crap my pants if Kiefer showed up)
6:15-7:45 Kevin Smith

Kevin Smith is my only "must see" on that list.

In addition, I may or may not be able to get a heads up on which programs will be giving away some sort of freebie. I will post this information if I get it.

Anyway I can't friggin wait.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm pumped!

Don't forget EVO WEST is at Comic-Con this year!

www.evo2k.com/west !

For you fighting game freaks!

I'll be running events at the comic-con too from thursday-saturday! Mezzanine gaming room 17B...[/quote] Hey, how can I register for the cvs2 tournament? I'm thinking about joining, but I don't see it anywhere. All I see is VF5 and Guilty Gear XX.

Edit: Just read up.. I'm too late to sign up, oh well.

Thanks. I can't wait for Comic Con. Though because of work, Saturday might be the only day I'm going. The most crowded day of the show.:cry:

There will be open registratio nfor ppl that don't show up... so just check early in the morning to see if there are any openings....

Anybody know if we have any independent game stores around San Diego? I'm gonna try to see if I can snag an early copy of NCAA Football '08. If you guys have their phone numbers that would also be great. Thanks!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Anybody know if we have any independent game stores around San Diego? I'm gonna try to see if I can snag an early copy of NCAA Football '08. If you guys have their phone numbers that would also be great. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Only place I know of, I've personally never been here, but I see their Advertisement all the time.

http://www.lunavideogames.com/
Mon-Sat 11-8
Sun 12-5
(619)222-2771

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Only place I know of, I've personally never been here, but I see their Advertisement all the time.

Mon-Sat 11-8
Sun 12-5
(619)222-2771[/QUOTE]
Sweet they aren't that far from me :)

EDIT: Just called them and it seems like they don't have any NCAA '08's yet. They said maybe Monday. Anymore independent shops around SD? I'll be happy still to get it Monday since it'll be a day early getting the game :)

Luna Video Games is a great shop.. Treg is an awesome guy to deal with, I highly recc' that place if you're lookin' for some retro goodness...

There's another game shop/pc cafe in Pt. Loma sadly I can't remember the name :X

FOUR DAY MEMBERSHIPS SOLD OUT FOR SDCC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Release

Comic-Con International (Comic-Con), the nation's largest comic book and pop culture event announced today that they have sold out of Four-Day memberships.

Comic-Con offers a variety of ways to attend the popular four-day event. From single day admissions to multi-day packages. However, for the first time, Four-Day memberships have sold out.

"We've taken measures to ensure that while Comic-Con may be very busy, we won't be so crowded that we exceed capacity," said David Glanzer, spokesperson for the non-profit event.

He was quick to point out that people can still register to attend for single days or take advantage of the special Three-Day membership that includes preview night.

"Selling out single days, most likely Friday and Saturday, is a definite possibility," continued Glanzer, "we're urging people to visit our website and register online now to avoid any unpleasant surprises at the door." Comic-Con saw attendance top 123,000 at their 2007 event.

Online registration is available at the Comic-Con website at www.comic-con.org or via direct link at https://www.tradeshowregistrar.com/r.../?event=CC2007

Comic-Con International is a non profit educational organization dedicated to creating awareness of and appreciation for comics and related popular art forms primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.

----

Glad I got mine!

Wow that's a first. Since we're on the Comic-Con topic, anyone know where to buy portable poster tubes (the ones with the sling) for a decent price? I know they sell it at Comic-Con, but sometimes the prices are ridiculous.

[quote name='Ma12kez']Wow that's a first. Since we're on the Comic-Con topic, anyone know where to buy portable poster tubes (the ones with the sling) for a decent price? I know they sell it at Comic-Con, but sometimes the prices are ridiculous.[/quote]

Hey thats a good idea. The posters I got previous years were always crumbled and ruined by the end of the day. I guess you try using cardboard tubes from wrapping paper...

Anyone know if any stores in San Diego received the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 strategy guide from Doublejump Books yet? I've been wanting to get the guide so I can see what I missed when I played through :(

[quote name='MarkMan']Producer of the Phoenix Wright/Ace Attorney series of games will be at SDCC signing autographs at the Capcom booth.... ![/QUOTE]

I am so there. Any idea what days or even better, times?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']I am so there. Any idea what days or even better, times?[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/gaming/comic-con/capcoms-schedule-280154.php

Friday
4:30pm - 5:30pm Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

The queen of all things Ace Attorney will grace us with her presence at this Comic-Con, even deigning to sign your grubby stuff, including the show exclusive Ace Attorney posters that will be available.

Saturday
11:00am - 12:00pm Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

Supposing she hasn't suffered crippling hand cramps, Matsukawa-san will return to turn your worthless junk into eBay gold with her magical signature.

1:00pm - 2:00pm Ace Attorney cosplay contest judged by Cosplay.com and Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

"Objection!"s are sure to be flying as we invite all Ace Attorney cosplayers to strut their stuff for Capcom staff, the veterans from Cosplay.com, and Matsukawa-san herself. As the old saying goes, the more Franziska von Karmas, the merrier!

[quote name='Sway']http://kotaku.com/gaming/comic-con/capcoms-schedule-280154.php

Friday
4:30pm - 5:30pm Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

The queen of all things Ace Attorney will grace us with her presence at this Comic-Con, even deigning to sign your grubby stuff, including the show exclusive Ace Attorney posters that will be available.

Saturday
11:00am - 12:00pm Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

Supposing she hasn't suffered crippling hand cramps, Matsukawa-san will return to turn your worthless junk into eBay gold with her magical signature.

1:00pm - 2:00pm Ace Attorney cosplay contest judged by Cosplay.com and Ace Attorney producer Minae Matsukawa autograph session

"Objection!"s are sure to be flying as we invite all Ace Attorney cosplayers to strut their stuff for Capcom staff, the veterans from Cosplay.com, and Matsukawa-san herself. As the old saying goes, the more Franziska von Karmas, the merrier![/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I hope they don't have a limit of one autograph per person, as I would like to get both my PW:AA and PW:JFA signed.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Only place I know of, I've personally never been here, but I see their Advertisement all the time.

Mon-Sat 11-8
Sun 12-5
(619)222-2771[/QUOTE]

In Oceanside there's a place called Game ADX on Vista Way just off of Coast highway. I went there once, prices seemed a bit high but not unreasonable, lots of stuff.

I'll have to check out Luna when I go pick up my Comic Con passes on Wednesday. They advertise like 3 times a day on Craigslist.

bread's done
Back