Official San Diego Area CAG List

So, I'm sort of on a game moratorium right now due to finances and the fact that I just have so many games I haven't had time to play. However, how is MGS? Is it worth getting? I never got into the other ones because I'm not into the whole stealth thing. I like to run around and just shoot. Should I get it? I've heard there is more action in this one.

theres good deals for padres tickets now. donno if theyve been there before ive never been to PETCO before. Theyre doing pretty good but still 10 games back .500.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I so want to get my MGS4 copy right about now[/quote]

i saw a sign in sonystyle at fashion valley that said $15 off MGS4. should call them and see what that's all about, i didnt' see any fine print...

[quote name='strdr4']It's so dang hot I can't even play game for 5 mins w/out the room feeling like an oven.[/QUOTE]

It's hot but not THAT hot dude

go to the beach or a pool!

can u guys reccomend some fun activities other then going to the beach or pool?
im under 18 so no bars for me heh..
just wanna see if anyone can think of something i havent!

[quote name='strdr4']It's so dang hot I can't even play game for 5 mins w/out the room feeling like an oven.[/quote]

i was surveying this morning out in Carmel Valley... it was 97 degrees. luckily my coworker decided to call it a day after a few hours and now i'm hiding out in my house with all the lights out and the shades drawn. it's actually quite pleasant in here right now.

[quote name='Furashu']
can u guys reccomend some fun activities other then going to the beach or pool?
im under 18 so no bars for me heh..
just wanna see if anyone can think of something i havent![/quote]

are there still any Wunderland arcades around? back in high school, that was one of my favorite ways to kill a summer afternoon.

don't forget the movies; dark and AC-equipped -- you can't go wrong there. mini golf is always killer. also, while i personally hate malls, that could be an alternative. gather up some friends and have a picnic at a nearby park. i always thought that sounded kinda dumb when i was younger, but they're pretty fun, and a decent waste of time. plus, there's food.

if you can drive, you can go camping locally too. if you've never done it, trust me -- just hanging out in the woods under a tree with friends is a lot more fun than it sounds. my friends and i used to have a blast piling up one of our cars with teenagers and tents and junk food. doesn't even cost much.

what is ice blocking?

the theater is a good way to burn time and they're air conditioned. any enclosed mall is a good place to go too :)

i think there's a nickel arcade up in carmel mountain.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']what is ice blocking?

the theater is a good way to burn time and they're air conditioned. any enclosed mall is a good place to go too :)

i think there's a nickel arcade up in carmel mountain.[/quote]

carmel mountain and RB baby!! haha represent. lol. there is a fine arcade next to the movies indeed.

ice blocking is when you get a block of ice, sit on it and slide down a nice hill prefereably of grass unless you want a bumby and disturbing ride:cold:

Oi Escondido Here.
Yup Nickle City is in Carmel Mtn. Used to go grab a pint or two at Fridays then play a few games and watch a movie while my bizz went away.

dude its getting hot now. does anyone know where i can get a good deal on small fans?
searched on SD but havent seen crap. i just see deals on laptop cooling fans.

[quote name='Furashu']dude its getting hot now. does anyone know where i can get a good deal on small fans?
searched on SD but havent seen crap. i just see deals on laptop cooling fans.[/quote]

my wife and i just bought a second set of tower fans from Costco. they're only 50 bucks and they're great. you get one really tall one that's good for a large room, and one short fan that's better for setting on a desk, countertop, or nightstand (that's where i keep one of mine). they take up no real space to speak of, and the tall one has a timer setting, multiple types of flow and uses a remote, which of course is great for adjusting the fan without having to get off the couch.

tell your parents to buy it and you take the small one. ;)

So as of 15 minutes ago, Wal-Mart on Aero had 4 Wiis available. (They're open 24 hrs)

They're bundles, though... 2 are bundled with WiiPlay/2nd Wiimote/2nd Nunchuck; one is bundled with Endless Ocean and a 2nd Wiimote, and one is bundled with Monster Offroad 4x4 World Circuit and a classic controller. Prices are $319, $316, and $306 respectively.

Yeah, I will be going this weekend. Probably Sunday. The main attraction for my family will be the food and kiddie rides (I have a 2 year old). Is there anything particularly worth checking out this year? Should I try the deep fried sliders? Does any place sell discount ride tickets?

[quote name='bthamilton']Yeah, I will be going this weekend. Probably Sunday. The main attraction for my family will be the food and kiddie rides (I have a 2 year old). Is there anything particularly worth checking out this year? Should I try the deep fried sliders? Does any place sell discount ride tickets?[/quote]

ralphs sells em for 2 bucks cheaper.

if u get friends that go before u attend, u can ask em to give u a free ticket. when u enter u are given a card that is redeemable for a free ticket.

for shows... id reccomend the hypnotist too its alot of fun. different days have different stuff. i ate fried ores/spam/twinkies lol. i tried the bloomin onion and some bbq chicken and also the battered potatoes. yum.

gotta question
whatre good places to get just a summer job? i was thinking best buy. any other suggestions would be appreciated :D

Are Wii's still overall scarce throughout SD? And are there such bundles that come with smash brawl only? Lately, I've been having this sudden urge to jump the Wii wagon, mainly for Smash. However, that's pretty much the only game I'd get the Wii for.

Basically what I'm asking: Is Brawl a definite system seller?

^Careful guys when going to the fair. I hear it's supposed to be another series of scorchers.

[quote name='option.iv']Are Wii's still overall scarce throughout SD?[/quote]

They're still overall scarce throughout THE WORLD. However, sightings of them have been made at local Wal-marts, specifically the Eastlake and Aero dr. locations. Check there, or call up a GS/EB on a Wednesday afternoon with your fingers crossed.

And are there such bundles that come with smash brawl only?
None that I've seen so far. But I think TRU did something like that a while back.

Basically what I'm asking: Is Brawl a definite system seller?
Haven't played it myself, but the consensus is that it's in the great to outstanding range.

^Careful guys when going to the fair. I hear it's supposed to be another series of scorchers.
Thanks for the tip, maybe I should invest in a more powerful sunscreen.

Just popped in to say hi. :) I'm always on other threads searching for good deals so I've never noticed this one. So yeah, whoo San Diego. :D

[quote name='Furashu']
gotta question
whatre good places to get just a summer job? i was thinking best buy. any other suggestions would be appreciated :D[/quote]

Best Buy always seems to be the hardest place to get a job since so many other people want one. Same thing with any other electronics/game store. If you just want some quick cash, waiting tables (esp at a busy place) will get you some nice tips. :)

Thanks zephie for answering my questions.

Well, just played Brawl last night with a couple of buddies. Brawl looked really nice, however after a couple games, we just popped in Melee. I don't know, Brawl looks great and all, but it just doesn't have that lasting affect that Melee had for me. Looks like I talked myself out of it as well.

i can't ever play Melee for more than ten minutes at a time, so i guess i'd better not bother with Brawl. a shame, since the price on Amazon is so hot.

Brawl isn't bad per se, but those veterans of Melee usually favor the older version. At least when I played with people locally.

It's all really preference. But changing between the two, I easily got exhausted (literally) playing Melee considering how slow Brawl is compared to it. Of course, there's nothing wrong with a speed reduction. I would also agree that the characters seem a little more balanced in the latest addition.

I entered the Mission Valley Best Buy to see a guy carrying out the MGS4 bundle. He opened his trunk, and I saw 2 more. I'm guessing he's gonna try to flip it on ebay/cl, but when I got inside, I thought "nope, not gonna work." The cage was full of them. They restocked overnight.

I am also likely to be the one who will kill the 24 deal at the Chula Vista store. Apologies to those who come after me.

What is there to do in SD on the fourth of July? What do you guys recommend? I wouldn't mind seeing some free fireworks.

if u wanna see fireworks... either
1) go near sea world
2) go to PB area near the pier
3) go sit at the top of the hill driving down into qualcomm stadium.

if u wanna have it at the beach..
1) go at 3am the night before and camp out
2) be ready for extreme crowds

im just having a bbq or something at home :D

I live in University City and am about to head out to Gamecrazy tomorrow to see if their deals can beat anything I've seen online....

is Gamecrazy a respectable frugal gaming shop?

I think they're good. I prefer them over Gamestop for some reason. They do match trade in values to other guys (GS/EB). They also give you a coupon sheet for free rentals with any purchase of a new system (though most of the coupons are most likely expired). Haven't checked out their prices lately, though they have decent prices for their used games and old generation ones. I'd usually wait for a sale on those.

When there was a Gamecrazy in East-805 Chula Vista, there was a bitch employee that a lot of SD CAGs griped about. Not sure what happened to her. However there are some good Gamecrazy employees. The one in National City helped me out a ton. But at the time, he seemed understaffed and was attending to 10 customers and answering the phone all by himself.

[quote name='option.iv']I think they're good. I prefer them over Gamestop for some reason. They do match trade in values to other guys (GS/EB). They also give you a coupon sheet for free rentals with any purchase of a new system (though most of the coupons are most likely expired). Haven't checked out their prices lately, though they have decent prices for their used games and old generation ones. I'd usually wait for a sale on those.

When there was a Gamecrazy in East-805 Chula Vista, there was a bitch employee that a lot of SD CAGs griped about. Not sure what happened to her. However there are some good Gamecrazy employees. The one in National City helped me out a ton. But at the time, he seemed understaffed and was attending to 10 customers and answering the phone all by himself.[/QUOTE]

Wow, how long ago was that . i used to work for GameCrazy. I might know her. lol

[quote name='dan13l858']Wow, how long ago was that . i used to work for GameCrazy. I might know her. lol[/quote]
Well, she was short, rotund, and had thick rimmed emo glasses. She was just a plain obnoxious bitch. Usually found hanging with her homeboys and homegirls whilst screwing over some deals by hoarding the games herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Read some earlier pages in this thread, we had some names for her... all of which seem to be drawing a blank in my mind at the moment... lol.

hi, i was wondering has anyone seen or know of any deals on a poker chips set?
looking to spend $20 and under. i have 250 but thats not enough :(

so supposedly best buy is selling the wall graphic that came with ninja gaiden 2 for 99 because they were left over...problem is i want one but the best buy is semi far for me. would an amazing san diegan cager wanna check either the san marcos bb or mira mesa bb if they do indeed have em?i will be in you debt forever

o and markman quick question about the game rooms your having at comic con, what were the games and where were they? i may show up but ill probably go up and down the hall a 40-50 times haha for swag and stuff

bread's done
Back