Official San Diego Area CAG List

[quote name='DQT']Damn. Good work. You had to go the manager right?[/quote]
thanks! well, as i talking to the clerk and the (i'm guessing) shift manager or dept head, the clerk decided to call over the actual, full-blown manager to get the okay on calling Best Buy. his name was John. he's a big dude, and really nice.

[quote name='Skeletor United']Anyone been to the San Marcos BB yet? I am still looking for C&C:RA 3, DVC4, and SC4. The whole pricematch thing seems to be a real pain in the rear, would rather just buy it from BB.[/quote]

as long as you have an ad in hand, you can absolutely get those three games from Wal Mart with no problem. in case my earlier post turned you off to the idea, i should clarify that the only reason i ran into opposition is that i was trying to PM Silent Hill: Homecoming even though it wasn't pictured in the ad. the clerk even told me (as we were waiting for a manager to come) that if it weren't for that one game, they would've PM'd the others without batting an eye.

if you're just PM'ing games that are clearly pictured in the BB ad (and they're for the pictured format, PS3 or 360) which it sounds like you are, you shouldn't have any problems.

I am a stand-up comedian. I am also a gamer (as some of you likely know from my other posts on CAG and from game nights). And games, and my experience with them, often make it into my set. I have included a few such jokes from an older set below.

I have 3 great shows coming up soon, 2 in San Diego and 1 in Orange County. And, being a good CAG, I have secured some FREE TICKETS to the two San Diego shows. Just let me know somehow and I will get you a ticket (or get you on my guest list, etc.). These should be great shows, including comics that have been on the Tonight Show, HBO, Comedy Central, etc.

The deets:
(1) The Comedy Palace (18 and up)
-Tuesday, May 12, show starts @ 8PM
-8878 Clairemont Mesa Blvd; San Diego, CA 92123
-I have FREE tickets for this, and can get some people in on my guest list

(2) Flight Bistro & Social Lounge (part of Ultimate Laff Down) (not sure about age)
-Wednesday, May 13, show starts @ 8:30PM sharp
-8082 Adams Ave., Huntington Beach, CA 92646

(3) The Comedy Store - Ja Lolla (21 and up)
-Wednesday, May 20, show starts @ 8PM
-916 Pearl St., La Jolla CA, 92037
-I have FREE tickets for this, and can get some people in on my guest list

CLIP (contains R-rated language):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BNHdYb4VY8&feature=channel_page

[quote name='allyourblood']thanks! well, as i talking to the clerk and the (i'm guessing) shift manager or dept head, the clerk decided to call over the actual, full-blown manager to get the okay on calling Best Buy. his name was John. he's a big dude, and really nice.
[/quote]

Nice. I was just thinking that there'd be no way in hell no one but the guy who runs the store could mark off $50 off a bunch a games. Especially Wal-Mart, who do not clearance their games.

i stopped by the walmart in poway on my way home from work. I had the best buy ad and figured, what the hell. In the case was 2 Pures. I ask the lady to open it. She goes: "I see you have the Best Buy ad with you. Will you be pricematching today?" to which I reply yes. She tells me the store has been filled with PMers and there's no problem.

in short, went off without a hitch. and i got my Pure :) and not just any pure, the one with teh Walmart extras!!! :whistle2:D (which I haven't opened, so I can't describe yet :p)

Got Saints Row 2 Collectors Edition yesterday for $25 at Mission Valley Best Buy. Thanks to outphase for posting the deal.

They also had Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm at $30, which I picked up as well. Probably the cheapest I could find B&M right now. All the Target copies are gone anyway, and SD Target clearance is pretty crap.

I didn't see anything else that would be of value to anyone, I believe I saw one copy of Bleach Dark Souls for DS, didn't check the price though.

[quote name='outphase']Did you happen to see if they restocked Res 2? For $40, I wouldn't mind getting the CE :)[/quote]
When I went there, I didn't see Res 2 on the 50%-off rack or on the PS3 shelves. Sorry about that.

[quote name='outphase']Fallout 3 CE is $30 too[/quote]

ooh, tempting. i bought the standard edition, 1000'd it and then sold it. i want another copy, but you just know a GOTY edition's gonna come out before too long with all the DLC attached. still...

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i thought everything had been cleared out of the mission best buy. i'll have to stop by tomorrow (unless there's nothing else left :( )[/quote]
So did I, but I swung by anyway and randomly found R2 CE in the normal section. There seemed to be more Saints Row 2 CE than last time though. Anything you looking for? I might remember if you mention it.

Anyone interested in a Black Onyx DS Lite W/Charger + Stylus
Comes with
+Pokemon Diamond
+Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
+Advance Wars: Dual Strike
+DBZ Hakanaru Detsetsu(Something like that)
+Age of Empires ( I only have Case/Manual. The game is somewhere and I can try to find it.)

Anyone interested in picking this up for some cash? I need the money right now. I would really prefer pick-up as I am just ridiculously busy right now. I live in Penasquitos 92129.

I have a bunch of other stuff Im looking to get rid of also. Big lot of DVD's, Some Sealed DVD's, New Era Hats + a bunch of other stuff I really don't need.

Anyway, let me know!!

[quote name='outphase']So did I, but I swung by anyway and randomly found R2 CE in the normal section. There seemed to be more Saints Row 2 CE than last time though. Anything you looking for? I might remember if you mention it.[/quote]

Tha'ts exactly what I was looking for :( I swung by and didn't see anythin -.-

Yeah, sorry, I grabbed the only R2 on the shelf. I was actually surprised to see it as it was gone the last couple of times I was in the store.

2 things:

(1) The new Gamestop off of aero (murphy canyon near fry's) is doing a B2G1. apparently its only their store though. It seems that since they can't take in games yet (becuase they haven't cleared their pawn thing), they're trying to stay in people's minds as a good place to go.

(2) the target in mission valley has 3 copies of mirror's edge for 360 left. I didn't get any as I already have 1 for myself and another for trade, but they're 9.99 for anyone that's interested.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']2 things:

(1) The new Gamestop off of aero (murphy canyon near fry's) is doing a B2G1. apparently its only their store though. It seems that since they can't take in games yet (becuase they haven't cleared their pawn thing), they're trying to stay in people's minds as a good place to go.

(2) the target in mission valley has 3 copies of mirror's edge for 360 left. I didn't get any as I already have 1 for myself and another for trade, but they're 9.99 for anyone that's interested.[/QUOTE]

Monday, they had 20 copies of Mirror Edge 360 when i picked up one.

Didn't hear of any stores here in San Diego getting them early. Taking a trip to LA yesterday, the Gameplay store had just ran out of UFC and didn't have any copies of Punch-Out come in yet.

BTW, is there any store in the San Diego area that ever breaks street date? Outside of the usual GameStop & Best Buy stores I don't every hear of any mom & pop places down here, let alone one that gets games early & breaks street date.

That was an earthquake? I noticed my projector shaking a little while I was gaming earlier, but I thought I just lost my balance on my exercise ball (I sometimes do crunches while I play). I guess it wasn't too bad for us in Chula Vista.

[quote name='zephie']That was an earthquake? I noticed my projector shaking a little while I was gaming earlier, but I thought I just lost my balance on my exercise ball (I sometimes do crunches while I play). I guess it wasn't too bad for us in Chula Vista.[/QUOTE]

I should do some crunches while playing games but it would be hard to shoot and cruch at the same time . What are you playing ??

Yea my brother up in Anaheim IMed me and told me about the quake 10 minutes after it happened.
I was like "What earthquake"
I didn't feel anything at all.

4.5 in LA, moved downwards, we're probaby too south to notice.

my friend in torrey pines imd me right away lol

i was like uhhhhh nope

[quote name='whywakeup']I should do some crunches while playing games but it would be hard to shoot and cruch at the same time . What are you playing ??[/QUOTE]

I mostly play rpgs, so aiming is a non-issue most of the time. However, with some practice you can eventually become used to the rhythm and learn to adjust. I've recently been playing Fallout 3 and lining up headshots isn't too hard for me while simultaneously getting in some ab exercise. I don't know if this is possible with a smaller tv, but if anyone else has a projector I recommend you give it a shot. Using a DS or PSP while on an exercise ball is much easier, so you could start with that.

Anyone else attending the "No Doubt with Paramore and the Sounds" concert tonight at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater? It's going to be my first time attending a concert so I'm pretty stoked.:bouncy:

[quote name='Ma12kez']Anyone else attending the "No Doubt with Paramore and the Sounds" concert tonight at the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater? It's going to be my first time attending a concert so I'm pretty stoked.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Nah, but my GF bought tickets for the Hawaii date. It's going to be a great time.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']how was the concert? I would have been happy just to see paramore :([/QUOTE]Oh man it was awesome!:applause: I haven't been to any other concerts so I can't compare it to anything, but by my standards it was epic. Paramore actually sounds better live (though I wish they had more time on stage), and the Sounds weren't that bad either. The crowd went crazy when No Doubt came out for the first time, and especially when Gwen Stefani ran into the crowd near the lawn area and sang part of a song (forget which) in the crowd. She also took someone's camera and took a picture with them on stage, and another person gave her a teddy bear.

Oh yeah, and some guy from the pit ran up on stage and jumped off it back into the pit, but no one caught him.:rofl:It was hilarious, and Gwen was like "Kick this guy out, kick this guy out!"

All in all it was an awesome experience and a very classy performance by No Doubt (performed an encore as well). You could tell they were happy to be back together and how much they love their fans. I was just disappointed since I ran out of memory on my camera before No Doubt even performed. "Spiderwebs" was the first song too.:bomb:

Here is what I recorded though (5 songs past the link; HQ sounds better) while trying to avoid people walking in front of me getting to their seats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtCdp9Qzk8&feature=channel_page

Anyone see any BBV's that have the prepackaged games? I went to the one next to Target on Balboa, the one on Clairemont Mesa, and the one near UCSD. None had anything.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Anyone see any BBV's that have the prepackaged games? I went to the one next to Target on Balboa, the one on Clairemont Mesa, and the one near UCSD. None had anything.[/QUOTE] I'm also looking for these..... I was looking to check out the one near my house on La Jolla Village Drive or maybe the one near my friend's house in La Mesa but not until I KNOW it's happening in san diego.

concert sounded nice. thanks for the vid! (even though all it does is make me feel worse for not getting tickets :p) haha

yeah, no GR in san diego. There are some in LA though, so if you're willing ot travel to hunt...it may be worth it ;)

bread's done
Back