Official San Diego Area CAG List

i heard 7-11 is selling used games now but i haven't seen any in san diego. i've already been to 70th and el cajon, college and montezuma, clairemont mesa and convoy, and both the mira mesa ones, but no dice.

[quote name='TheHelix']i heard 7-11 is selling used games now but i haven't seen any in san diego. i've already been to 70th and el cajon, college and montezuma, clairemont mesa and convoy, and both the mira mesa ones, but no dice.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you mean i can trade-in games for booze. Sign me up

Everyone okay in here? I know it was just a small quake, but I can hear sirens around me. I was in the damn shower when it hit.

Honestly, It felt like a nice long relaxing massage to me. It didn't seem like it was big enough to cause any damage here in SD. I don't know about the epicenter in Baja though.

I'm just hoping that this isn't some prelude to a much bigger one soon.

Woke us up from our nap. It lasted a really long time, but I've been in plenty of quakes as a kid, so I wasn't remotely scared. But I do worry about a potential big one coming. Judging by where they've all been hitting, I'm hoping we won't get anything direct.

Makes me really think I should put those brackets in the wall to make sure my media shelves don't fall over.

[quote name='TheHelix']Hope this isn't a sign of things to come![/QUOTE]

Well, according to the Mayans we have a good two and a half years left.

Anyway, I checked with my neighbors and the siren I heard earlier was a false alarm. One of the neighborhood kids had some books fall on her but otherwise everything is fine here.

Checked K-Mart on University Ave last Saturday looking for Heart Gold, but they only had Soul Silver. Bleh.

Anyway, they seemed to have a couple copies of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and A Boy and His Blob on clearance. I highly recommend both games, they are excellent traditional 2D games and horribly overlooked last year.

What i dont get is if the mayans were so good at looking at the future then how come they didn't see their own demise

[quote name='Broken Scout']Anyway, they seemed to have a couple copies of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and A Boy and His Blob on clearance. I highly recommend both games, they are excellent traditional 2D games and horribly overlooked last year.[/QUOTE]

Do you recall the price on Muramasa or ABaHB?

[quote name='Broken Scout']19.97 for Muramasa, about the same price for Boy and His Blob.[/QUOTE]

Thanks very much for the reply. I think I might finally have to pick up Muramasa; I've been waiting for it to drop under 30 bucks. Tempting to wait a bit longer though. ;)

Bought God of War 3 Ultimate Edition at the Gamestop in Eastlake (off Olympic Ave) for $79.99. There are 2 copies left in case anyone is interested.

[quote name='sdclippers']thinking of moving out of state[/QUOTE]
I slept right through it. If you wait long enough, you'll be able to walk across the border to Hawaii :p

Are there anymore places in SD to trade in games besides GS? Ever since GC closed, seems there hasn't been a single place to do so. I refuse GS's BS trade prices.

I'm looking to trade Assassin's Creed 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 (CE), and GoW:CE (1&2). All in mint conditions, PM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from GS, the only other place I know of is Toys R Us. The TIVs were okay when they first started, but I think they've grown steadily worse since then.

Edit: Oh yeah, Book-Off takes video games. Never sold anything to them though, so no idea how good they are about it.

Great timing, didn't even realize that GS was giving $25 for games that I only paid $30 each for :)

[quote name='zephie']Aside from GS, the only other place I know of is Toys R Us. The TIVs were okay when they first started, but I think they've grown steadily worse since then.

Edit: Oh yeah, Book-Off takes video games. Never sold anything to them though, so no idea how good they are about it.[/QUOTE]

TRU? Really?!

I got the last one in Mira Mesa. Not as bad as I thought, but hey at least I got 4 PS3 controllers now.

Anyone check on the Hollywood Videos in El Cajon/Escondido? Looks like the company is officially closing up shop.

BTW, Clairemont Mesa GameStop had a B2G1 sale on Sunday, might still be going on. Forgot to post about it. Balboa one did not, National City 2 did not, so I'm guessing it's just the Clairemont Mesa one.

bread's done
Back