Official Skylanders Thread

The other target in my area had several I didn't own.. Got two more 3 sensei bundles and a few crystals this time. They had two more senseis I didn't own but not a third to be able to take advantage of the b2g1 deal so left barbella and tri-tip behind. Oh well maybe we'll see a restock before the promotion ends?
A restock isn't happening. They've probably got tons in the back, but they won't be out until the sale ends. Those Enchanted Forests sets were impossible to find last week when they were on sale (for a modest 20% off), yet the day the sale ends, they're available again. You were lucky: I went to three Targets before I could find just three I didn't own at the same store, and also got three crystals. I left a life crystal on the shelf at an earlier store because I didn't know you didn't have to buy 2 to get the discount, and I already had the other elements there. Thought of going back for it today, but it's about a 20 mile round trip.

A restock isn't happening. They've probably got tons in the back, but they won't be out until the sale ends. Those Enchanted Forests sets were impossible to find last week when they were on sale (for a modest 20% off), yet the day the sale ends, they're available again. You were lucky: I went to three Targets before I could find just three I didn't own at the same store, and also got three crystals. I left a life crystal on the shelf at an earlier store because I didn't know you didn't have to buy 2 to get the discount, and I already had the other elements there. Thought of going back for it today, but it's about a 20 mile round trip.
No restock? Man that sucks... I actually had the reps scan the boxes and go back to bring out the characters and crystals from the back and there were extra characters but no crystals for both stores, just what they had up front.

My overall haul so far has been:

Ambush

Solar Flare Aurora

Buckshot

Chopscotch

Ember

Flarewolf

Mysticat

Pit Boss

Bad Juju

Dr Krankcase

Hood Sickle

Tae Kwon Crow

Crystals: Life, Air, Water, Light (was an earth but decided to hold off for the one in the level set eventually)

Purchased the Crash Starter Set from Target during Black Friday, all of this is going to the whole family for Christmas.

Well tonight's haul was a no-go... haha

Local target actually did re-stock, this time they had chaos, enchanted elven forest, and... jingle bell chompy mage.

Went to ring up tri-tip, chaos, and chompy mage and got hit with a "Do not sell this item before 12-15" on chompy mage so I had them put it all back and will have to call them morning of the 15th to get it.

Is this figure not actually available for purchase anywhere yet? Pffft

TRU has had a couple of sales the last couple of weeks that are comparable to BB gcu. 12/3 picked up Master Chain Reaction, Master Flare Wolf, Master Buckshot and Bad Juju for $49.00 from TRU. 12/10 Thumpin Wumpa pack $24.50 at Target. 12/12 Master Pit Boss and Jingle Bell Chompy Mage $25.78 at TRU. These may be less in the near future b/ now my son has all of the new characters except for the forest pack and he has several crystals.

Local target actually did re-stock, this time they had chaos, enchanted elven forest, and... jingle bell chompy mage.

Went to ring up tri-tip, chaos, and chompy mage and got hit with a "Do not sell this item before 12-15" on chompy mage so I had them put it all back and will have to call them morning of the 15th to get it.

They're selling them at GS, and apparently ringing up because people on here have mentioned buying one. Encouraging that the reason we haven't seen them yet is that they haven't been put out. Also encouraging that they're restocking. Think I'll pay them a visit the morning of the 15th.

I got one at Gamestop a week or so ago. I thought I read on here that it was available at toys r us also but I might be misremembering.

So guys, sorry if this has been covered.

With the current GCU price for the starters being reasonable, (but I know in a few months they will be sub $20...), I think I'll give into my son keep asking Santa for the new Skylanders game.

PS4 or WiiU? And why?
PS4 (or XB1) absolutely, 100%. Skylanders on the WiiU looks nice enough, but it is fuzzy and lower resolution - and the performance is not as consistent. It looks really sharp on the XB1/PS4. The gamepad support (other than off screen play) is also not great, it just shows your character stats. I've got both (actually five versions - WiiU, XB1, PS4, Wii and 3DS) for Superchargers and pretty much the only reason to go with WiiU is if you want to play as Donkey Kong or Bowser, but I'm not even sure if they work in Imaginators WiiU.

Wonder why target's choppy mage is restricted then? What the heck? I tried searching for him online on various retailers and don't see him though?
Probably ad/promotion related. It is a good idea to have things in stock you are advertising, and in some cases, required.

Went back to Target, got the Life crystal and Ambush, Mysticat, and Dr. Krankcase senseis, last they had of each. Now I just need an Air Element, Bowslinger and Bazooker Battle Skills.

Costco has them at 29.99, though YMMV. The target toy coupon doesn't work on these, right, since they're considered video Games? At least on the website it isn't eligible.

Costco has them at 29.99, though YMMV. The target toy coupon doesn't work on these, right, since they're considered video Games? At least on the website it isn't eligible.
The coupon apparently won't work in store either, unless the clerk/manager overrides it, which they're not supposed to do, but some people might get lucky.

Still no news on the GameStop "Skylanders Weekend" that starts in 2 days?
I got the email too. Pretty much the same as or worse than the sales that are going on now (2 for $20 senseis, 2 for $15 crystals, 2 for $10 treasure chests). They do have a deal where if you sign up for the "free" (you must be a Rewards Pro member) Skylanders Club, if you buy 4, you get 1 free, which could potentially net you five for $40, a net cost of $8 a piece.

Went into a GameStop yesterday and was a bit surprised at how small a skylanders section they had. It was like a small shelf above eye level.

Wife went to Target today and grabbed the three I attempted to buy earlier this week.. Tri-Tip, Chaos, and Jingle Bell Chompy Mage.

Came home and I looked at the receipt. Argh!

Only one of them rang up at 25% off and the buy 2 get 1 didn't apply to the transaction... what the crap?

Have to run back to the store in a minute to fix it. :wall: 

I don't know about Chaos but Jingle Bell Chompy must be marked as an exclusive because it's not eligible online for the b2g1f deal, just like their other exclusives.

Wife went to Target today and grabbed the three I attempted to buy earlier this week.. Tri-Tip, Chaos, and Jingle Bell Chompy Mage.

Came home and I looked at the receipt. Argh!

Only one of them rang up at 25% off and the buy 2 get 1 didn't apply to the transaction... what the crap?

Have to run back to the store in a minute to fix it. :wall:
Always double check these sales when it comes to target. They usually miss the varients so the deals won't apply without an override.

Yeah, JB Choppy Mage, Candy Coated Chop Scotch, and Bad Juju worked for B2G1 free at Target, but 25% didn't apply to any.  Customer Service wouldn't budge, so I just returned them.  Already 100% the game (achievement-wise), so was on the fence anyway.

Always double check these sales when it comes to target. They usually miss the varients so the deals won't apply without an override.
Yeah, JB Choppy Mage, Candy Coated Chop Scotch, and Bad Juju worked for B2G1 free at Target, but 25% didn't apply to any. Customer Service wouldn't budge, so I just returned them. Already 100% the game (achievement-wise), so was on the fence anyway.
I don't know about Chaos but Jingle Bell Chompy must be marked as an exclusive because it's not eligible online for the b2g1f deal, just like their other exclusives.
Apparently Chaos was the issue at my target... their system stated that it wasn't valid for ANY promotions but I pointed out that there were no restrictions listed on their B2G1 listing in the game section. Younger girl manager was cool and had the clerk do a manual B2G1 override AND apply the 25% bonus plus the 5% from my red card. I got Tri-Tip, Chaos, and JB Chompy Mage.

Then I went back to electronics and saw they put out a bunch of crystals and they're now officially B2 for $15 so I grabbed tech and magic which I didn't have. Cartwheel gave me an additional 25% plus 5% red card. Wish the crystals were on sale when 2F15 when I bought them last week... oh well not a huge loss.

Overall a pretty good run I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had a restock today! At a store that was picked clean days earlier, I bought a Bad Juju, Chain Reaction, and Flare Wolf, and exchanged the Flare Wolf for a JB Chompy Mage at another store.

Yeah, JB Choppy Mage, Candy Coated Chop Scotch, and Bad Juju worked for B2G1 free at Target, but 25% didn't apply to any. Customer Service wouldn't budge, so I just returned them. Already 100% the game (achievement-wise), so was on the fence anyway.
Cartwheel always does not apply to exclusive or variant figures (like Spring Dive Bomber). That's why my Target stores around had all Nitro Head Rush, Soda Skimmers and Stealth Stinger left on the shelves for months even after they did a few times 75% off skylanders.

I only managed to get the register manually override one time, but got all shot down later.

Pain-Yatta videos have been posted on Youtube! Makes me regret picking up a Mysticat! In fact, that whole purchase was cursed, as the other two characters I got with it: Dr. Krankcase and Ambush have better alternatives (Tidepool and Wild Storm, respectively) that would give me the same elemental/battle skill supremacy

^^^A part of me died inside seeing those Skylanders figure prices right now, knowing I paid over $10 each for many of those just a year ago, and barely used some of the characters.

I double dipped and got the regular versions of all the variants I already had. Maybe I'll feel better about my past mistakes.

I don't have Imaginators yet, so what do the vehicles and traps do in the game? I did a quick Bing search, but too many garbage results and no quick answer.

Been tempted to bite on some of the Imaginator sale prices, but Superchargers ruined early adaptation for me.

I don't have Imaginators yet, so what do the vehicles and traps do in the game? I did a quick Bing search, but too many garbage results and no quick answer.

Been tempted to bite on some of the Imaginator sale prices, but Superchargers ruined early adaptation for me.
There's really no point to early adapt for this game. If there was multiplayer, it might be worth it, but without it, you should wait at least a year to buy each iteration.

There's really no point to early adapt for this game. If there was multiplayer, it might be worth it, but without it, you should wait at least a year to buy each iteration.
Partially true. Waiting for a year would have missed some great sale, like the 75% off at Target before most are all gone. You might find some less popular at cheaper price after but will be hard to find some. Some are released in limited quantity like the regular Thrillipede and disappear fast (variant Eggcited is easy to find).

But I certainly would wait for all wave to get enough figures before playing the game so I don't need to replay many times to revisit some locked area.

Picked up all four Superchargers I didn't already own, plus three vehicles to go with them (Pop Fizz's vehicle is sold out). Characters are useful without their vehicle, but not vice-versa, unless you're missing that class.

I was wondering how the figure and vehicle dynamic work. I own the game yet haven't started it yet.

I picked up a few figures today though am missing a few more for the 'set'. Was going to order online for pickup earlier band didn't. Went to the store and missed out. Oh well.

Most of the ones I don't have aren't in stock, and then the ones available via store aren't within 250 miles of me... dang.
I don't know why they even bother giving you the option to check stores. 95% of the time, they're not available within 250 miles, and the handful of times they said it was available near me, it ended up getting cancelled due to no stock.

I did end up getting two vehicles and the kaos trophy... the two vehicles completed two character sets I needed so that's good. Still have 4 characters and 5 vehicles missing from the set though.

Partially true. Waiting for a year would have missed some great sale, like the 75% off at Target before most are all gone. You might find some less popular at cheaper price after but will be hard to find some. Some are released in limited quantity like the regular Thrillipede and disappear fast (variant Eggcited is easy to find).

But I certainly would wait for all wave to get enough figures before playing the game so I don't need to replay many times to revisit some locked area.
I'm happy enough just buying what I need to complete the game around release and then wait a year and start to gap fill after the release of the next game.

This is great.  My boys are only getting Giants and Swap force this year for Christmas, so this will go with next year's Trap Team that I already have and Super Chargers I will pick up some time.

Called the local best buy and they checked their computer rather than go check the floor... the lady told me they had ONE skylander supercharger on the floor and that was it. A few hours later I was over in that area after going to Gamestop and decided to double check Best Buy before going home... they had a LOT of the .99 Skylanders and .99 Kaos Trophies. Unfortunately I already had all of the ones they had in stock, but still... worth going to check in person people as BB.com and their reps for some reason don't know that they're in stock in stores.

Called the local best buy and they checked their computer rather than go check the floor... the lady told me they had ONE skylander supercharger on the floor and that was it. A few hours later I was over in that area after going to Gamestop and decided to double check Best Buy before going home... they had a LOT of the .99 Skylanders and .99 Kaos Trophies. Unfortunately I already had all of the ones they had in stock, but still... worth going to check in person people as BB.com and their reps for some reason don't know that they're in stock in stores.
These days its hard to talk to the local best buy store, even the old local numbers redirect to the 800 number and for questions like that all the phone rep will do is check the same way anyone checks on their website.

bread's done
Back