Official Skylanders Thread

Just received the Easter Skylanders yesterday from Amazon. Easily the most frustrating ones I've ever seen packaged. The packaging itself looks awesome, but if you open your figures, the plastic packaging that the figure is in is a bitch to get off. Not sure how they expect kids to do it.

What's the deal with the Easter ones?  How is Amazon already shipping them, but no one else seems to have them?

holy shit! Thank you so much! Had to pay for shipping on each on but still ended up a b1g1 free situation.

What's the deal with the Easter ones? How is Amazon already shipping them, but no one else seems to have them?
No idea, I was kind of shocked opening the mail, my wife forgot to tell me they shipped the other day. I did see a banner for the easter skylanders at Target, so I would assume stores will be receiving them soon.

holy shit! Thank you so much! Had to pay for shipping on each on but still ended up a b1g1 free situation.
Careful with these. The pictures show the TMs, but when I went to pick up my in store yesterday, the SKUs in the store actually produce tickets for the light and dark traps crystals. I did end up with the figures at this price because the lady knew it wasn't my fault for the confusion and I'm in there a lot. They needed to PM it though. Depending on your store or rep this could be a lot of hassle though.

Careful with these. The pictures show the TMs, but when I went to pick up my in store yesterday, the SKUs in the store actually produce tickets for the light and dark traps crystals. I did end up with the figures at this price because the lady knew it wasn't my fault for the confusion and I'm in there a lot. They needed to PM it though. Depending on your store or rep this could be a lot of hassle though.
Well that's interesting. We'll see what arrives in the mail, but I'm sure it will be the traps and not the trap masters.

Well that's interesting. We'll see what arrives in the mail, but I'm sure it will be the traps and not the trap masters.
yeah, mine already shipped and the weight is .2 lbs, so clearly they are traps. might chat up best buy when they arrive and see if they will do anything.

yeah, mine already shipped and the weight is .2 lbs, so clearly they are traps. might chat up best buy when they arrive and see if they will do anything.
I mean, we all know this was a pricing error, but definitely chat with them when you get it if they are indeed the traps, because it could almost be considered bait and switch, considering the pictures of the trap master, plus the description is of the trap master. I'm not bad mouthing BB, but they should at least cancel it or honor their mistake.

I mean, we all know this was a pricing error, but definitely chat with them when you get it if they are indeed the traps, because it could almost be considered bait and switch, considering the pictures of the trap master, plus the description is of the trap master. I'm not bad mouthing BB, but they should at least cancel it or honor their mistake.
yeah, if it wasnt for the pictures i would just blow it off, since i want the dark and light traps anyway. but this is literally the entire page for the trap masters, down to the category and everything.

I wasn't saying that you shouldn't push it, more warning to be ready for a little haggling. The lady could tell it was an honest mistake and gave me no issue doing it, she saw the pictures on my order and we tried the SKUs on the order and they kept bringing up traps and she couldn't even find the ones for the actual figures. She finally walked into the back warehouse after we couldn't find any in the aisle and came out with the trap masters and did a PM on them to 4.79. I didn't have to fight, I just had to have patience while they tried figuring out why I got the wrong items. She was actually on my side the whole time.

Oh and on the Cartwheel deal, it appears to be limited to 4 traps per order. I went and got one of each type and discovered that the discount only came off of 4 after I paid. Quickly returned the 2 and she rung them up again and they worked fine.

Just got back from Target and they got in a second shipment of the Dark and light Expansion packs. Just an FYI in case anybody missed the last restock. Hopefully this is a sign they will be stocking them on a regular basis.

I went and ordered a lipstick case that should hold the traps reasonably well. I'll report back once I receive it.

I also saw that BB is clearancing out their pre-Trap Team Skylander figures. We're not talking AWD caliber sales, but you can find some lightcores and swappables for cheaper than you can find at (regular) Amazon and TRU, which seem to be the only retailers left carrying significant amounts of pre-Trap merchandise).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the light/dark restock! Anyone seen them at Best Buy? I have ton's of Target credit but always like using GCU. Had my kid with me so I have to go back after bedtime to make them easter presents.

Thanks for the light/dark restock! Anyone seen them at Best Buy? I have ton's of Target credit but always like using GCU. Had my kid with me so I have to go back after bedtime to make them easter presents.
Don't forget - 25% off at Target starting Sunday, that's 5% more than the GCU, and it's unlikely the Expansion sets will be part of the B1G1 50% at BB (if they are, whoa baby!)

The Light and Dark Expansion were able to be ordered for instore pickup at my local Best Buy.  Nice to get the GCU bonus on that.  

Ahhhhhh, I decided to subscribe to this post one day late. Picking those 2 up at $5 each would've been SWEET! 

edit: oh so they might be the traps. Still, I'm sure someone could price match the site in the store? Is that wrong, like morally? 

Don't forget - 25% off at Target starting Sunday, that's 5% more than the GCU, and it's unlikely the Expansion sets will be part of the B1G1 50% at BB (if they are, whoa baby!)
Ugh! Didn't know that! Anyway they will proactively price match their sale? Even if it's not opened? Can I return and re-buy?

Ahhhhhh, I decided to subscribe to this post one day late. Picking those 2 up at $5 each would've been SWEET!

edit: oh so they might be the traps. Still, I'm sure someone could price match the site in the store? Is that wrong, like morally?
They are for the traps, and if you order them shipped, that's what you'll likely get, but those lucky enough to have stores nearby with them in stock have been able to get those figures for that price (and the GCU on top of that). It's a pricing error, and we know it, but the website and packing receipts clearly (with pictures) show the figures, and it's been up several days without a fix, so if you've got a store near you with those in stock, it's worth a try to price match in-store, or order in-store pickup. Most likely they'll honor it (that's been the experience of most people who've tried it so far). I a moral person, and I'd at least give it a try, except I don't have a store within 100 miles of me with any of that in stock.

They are for the traps, and if you order them shipped, that's what you'll likely get, but those lucky enough to have stores nearby with them in stock have been able to get those figures for that price (and the GCU on top of that). It's a pricing error, and we know it, but the website and packing receipts clearly (with pictures) show the figures, and it's been up several days without a fix, so if you've got a store near you with those in stock, it's worth a try to price match in-store, or order in-store pickup. Most likely they'll honor it (that's been the experience of most people who've tried it so far). I a moral person, and I'd at least give it a try, except I don't have a store within 100 miles of me with any of that in stock.
Looks like it's all a moot point. Both are SOLD OUT online, and NOT AVAILABLE for in-store pickup. Congrats for those lucky enough to get in on this deal, because there aren't gonna be any more of you, unless store clerks are dumb enough to price match a total sell out.

I saw them at my bb last night! I was going to go at opening, but they changed the description to actual traps. I would've tried otherwise if it was the description of the figures.

Should i still try?

I saw them at my bb last night! I was going to go at opening, but they changed the description to actual traps. I would've tried otherwise if it was the description of the figures.

Should i still try?
You might get lucky and get an idiot, or you might not, but worst comes to worst, you'll end up with nothing, which is what you have right now! I've you've got the time, why not?

If you get shot down, there's always the B1G1 on Sunday. Not quite as good a deal, but probably the best you'll find outside a clearance or insanely good Black Friday or TRU 1 Day Special sale.

Haha just tried.

Guy i usually see in there and i wasn't scared to try. He asked someone else and they were both cool with it, but had to ask a manager. She knew the difference between the trap and figures and denied me.

Everyone was cool about it including me. I just tried and was hopeful. Sucks SO bad that the description and name were the name of the figures last night and i was THERE last night with those two dumb figures in my hands.

Oh well i guess. I'll just go cry now.

This isn't a deal, but I noticed that microsoftstore.com has Trap Team Dark Editions in stock for both the 360 and One for $99.99.

I wish I had thought to check there before I bought the standard edition last month. Oh well.

I went to a "5 below" store and they had 10 or so "rattle shake" that looks like he glows in the dark, but I couldn't find anything saying that on the packaging. He would be $5 in case anyone is looking for him.

My target doesn't have any Light and Dark packs, in my area, I have never seen a light and dark pack, ordered mine from Amazon and they got here fine. That was the only way I could get them. Never seen them in TRU either. Checked the cartwheel yesterday, was not valid on the target exclusive water trap or the easter trap so I passed ( I scanned them with the app), otherwise the only traps that were stocked were regular water traps and regular life traps.  I need to stop buying stuff from this series because my local stores get nothing compared to every other area.  No spotlight or blackout anywhere either.

If your looking for a light or dark element pack check your Best Buys in store and store pick up online. My store got some of each and as well as many in my area as well.

If your looking for a light or dark element pack check your Best Buys in store and store pick up online. My store got some of each and as well as many in my area as well.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. My local Best Buy closed recently, but my travels for work next week will take me to one that had the light element expansion in stock. My son will be so excited to have all the elements.

So, when I went to pick up my Light and Dark expansion at Best Buy, I saw that they had pretty much every Trap Master at store (along with 2 more of each of the element packs,) even though the website doesn't list them.  I picked up MasterMind and Tuff Luck today and will get the price match on them when they do the B1G1 50% off next week.  

So, when I went to pick up my Light and Dark expansion at Best Buy, I saw that they had pretty much every Trap Master at store (along with 2 more of each of the element packs,) even though the website doesn't list them. I picked up MasterMind and Tuff Luck today and will get the price match on them when they do the B1G1 50% off next week.
BB online always has a fraction of what's available in-store. PMing on BOGOs can sometimes be dicey, but I suppose you could just return and rebuy.

BB online always has a fraction of what's available in-store. PMing on BOGOs can sometimes be dicey, but I suppose you could just return and rebuy.
The return and rebuy is the plan.

Just didn't want to take a chance that they'd sell out by the time I'd get to the store on Sunday.

Just happy that I have one trap master from each of the elements now. Now to just finish collecting the traps.

If you're looking for a deal on the Starter Pack, Target has them on sale this week for $39.99. Best Buy will have them next week at that price too. Use the $10 Starter Pack coupon that comes with specially marked General Mills cereals. Boom! I got the game for $30.

If you're looking for a deal on the Starter Pack, Target has them on sale this week for $39.99. Best Buy will have them next week at that price too. Use the $10 Starter Pack coupon that comes with specially marked General Mills cereals. Boom! I got the game for $30.
With GCU, it's $22, if they'll allow it to be combined.

Ordered those $5 Light/Dark trap masters online from Best Buy. UPS Package size indicated it would probably be the Light/Dark traps as others have suspected. Arrived today, and woohoo it's the Trap Masters!!

bread's done
Back