Official Skylanders Thread

Yeah, I'm really excited for whatever Vicarious Visions brings this year.  I hope they get rid of "trap master" style gates and bring back the original or even dual types.  I'd also be down for more swappers (specifically a Light and a Dark).

I'm sure whatever the come up with though will be great.

Just please, don't make me buy ANOTHER portal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be down for buying a new portal if it meant four player co-op (or four player battle). I just feel like this game would be a perfect party game with three friends.

Yeah, I'm really excited for whatever Vicarious Visions brings this year. I hope they get rid of "trap master" style gates and bring back the original or even dual types. I'd also be down for more swappers (specifically a Light and a Dark).

I'm sure whatever the come up with though will be great.

Just please, don't make me buy ANOTHER portal.
And more original rules Skystones please! Especially a tournament or progressive elimination ladder. Smash was fun, but lacked the depth and strategy the original had. With Smash, it was all about the stones. Also miss the tilting lock puzzles. Seemed theywere dumbed down this time (except a few in the last levels).

And more original rules Skystones please! Especially a tournament or progressive elimination ladder. Smash was fun, but lacked the depth and strategy the original had. With Smash, 9 times out of ten, the winner was whoever had the better stones, which was generally you during the game. I only lost once, to Globshanks. Also miss the tilting lock puzzles. Seemed theywere dumbed down this time (except a few in the last levels).

My local Best Buy had all core Swap Force Skylanders for $6 each, Swappers were $10 each, and they had triple packs, and battle packs for $20. They also had Swap Force starter bundles for $25.

Buy 1 get 1 50% off Spyro, Giants, and Swap Force figures at Toys R Us. And, if you spend $15 or more on anything Trap Team, you get any trap that you want for only 99 cents.

YMMV but my local Toys R Us had a display covered in Skylanders Lightcores that were all on clearance, and ringing up for $3.79. You may want to check your local store.

Still looking to trade Skystones? I have an extra Wildfire pack and would like to trade it for a Wallop pack.

Edit: gone

YMMV but my local Toys R Us had a display covered in Skylanders Lightcores that were all on clearance, and ringing up for $3.79. You may want to check your local store.
Did they have the red stickers with their own bar codes? If so, it's that store only.

Anyone have any feelings on the Empire of Ice and Dragon's Peak adventure packs?  

I've seen them both at TRU for $9.99 (and it looks like they've been cheaper through Amazon Warehouse deals.)  

Anyone have any feelings on the Empire of Ice and Dragon's Peak adventure packs?

I've seen them both at TRU for $9.99 (and it looks like they've been cheaper through Amazon Warehouse deals.)
They've been that price for a while, and it's the cheapest I've seen. I've never seen them in Warehouse Deals, but if anyone does see any there, do tell.

I was able to pick up both of those at TRU for $5 each 3-4 weeks ago. I was able to finally pick up Blackout yesterday at TRU. First time I have seen one in stores around here.

Honestly, you're going to get more value if you plan to use them in the first Skylanders game, as they're primarily level packs. If you're buying them to use in the newer games, eh. I like the anvil (from Empire of Ice), but that's really the only magic item I still use. It seems, to me, that older Skylanders are underpowered in newer games (to sell new Skylanders) - their utility is also reduced, as they can't open portals in Trap Team.

They've been that price for a while, and it's the cheapest I've seen. I've never seen them in Warehouse Deals, but if anyone does see any there, do tell.
I got Dragon's Peak for $2.59, that was on March 15th. Ive seen the Empire of Ice as well, but never below $9.xx

I was able to pick up both of those at TRU for $5 each 3-4 weeks ago. I was able to finally pick up Blackout yesterday at TRU. First time I have seen one in stores around here.
That must be why they're suddenly sold out after months of sitting on the shelves at $10 each. Adventures can only be used in Spyro and Giants though.

That must be why they're suddenly sold out after months of sitting on the shelves at $10 each. Adventures can only be used in Spyro and Giants though.
Trap Team is my first foray into the Skylanders universe as I rarely play games anymore. I got TT and Swap Force via some killer deals last year and gave them to my daughter for Christmas. We have yet to start on SF yet though. I actually had Spyro's before those(which I also got super cheap) but hadn't cracked it open. My daughter got a Wii U for Christmas and we only recently started on TT as she has been playing all the Mario related games.

I plan on picking up a copy of Giants on the cheap since Best Buy has the starter sets on clearance. I've been picking up figures and play packs for all of the games slowly as the deals come along. The store I bought those adventure packs from rarely gets shopped at I do believe. The only problem is that it is around 40-45 minutes in a totally different direction than where we normally shop, or I would go in there more often. That is the store where I was able to find 9 packs of Series 3 Disney Infinity power discs packs last week when they were .25. I also picked up one or two Giants 3 character packs that were on sale for $7.99 at the same time of the sets being on sale.

Really, I thought swap and trap were backwards compatible to all the figures, just certain things like lightcore might not work.

Went to TRU Friday. Both the Spyro Adventure packs and Lightcores were regular price. These mega deals must be store specific, or one day.

Really, I thought swap and trap were backwards compatible to all the figures, just certain things like lightcore might not work.
Everything is backwards compatible, but the DLC-esque add ons only give actual play content on the original intended game. On future games it simply is a power up that has various effects like fire raining from the sky.

Everything from Spyro's Adventure works in Giants. Everything from Spyro and Giants works in Swap Force. Everything in the previous 3 games works in Trap Team.

Brand new characters only work in the game they came out for and newer games. However, some figures are rereleased as light core, different poses, etc, and most of them will work in the original set they came out with but will not have the added bonuses/colors.

For instance, the Eon's Elite are super powered Spyro's Adventure figures that are basically cheat codes for Trap Team. They have massive power, but in earlier games they act no different than the original versions.

I hope that was clear enough.

Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack - PS3 - Amazon $11

http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Spyros-Adventure-Starter-Pack-Playstation/dp/B004VQEO2E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1430186501&sr=8-3&keywords=Skylanders%3A+Spyro%27s+Adventure

I was able to pick it for $10. The price changes so often on Amazon, so jump on it if you're interested.

Best deal next to picking up Giants Starter pack for $10, Swap Force force for $10, and Trap Team for $20 all within 2 weeks.

I'm very late to Skylanders game but I'm looking forward to starting from the beginning. Thanks for thread and great deals OP!

Skylanders will be the next McDonald's Happy Meal toy. If it's like last time it'll include a Skylanders coupon too. There will be six figures all together. You can preview them if you go to the Toys section of the Happy Meal site.

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html

(I don't know why they decided to make the hero toys, especially since Trap Team comes with two of them. They should've been all villains since kids can only trap them but don't have toys of them to play with.)

Skylanders will be the next McDonald's Happy Meal toy. If it's like last time it'll include a Skylanders coupon too. There will be six figures all together. You can preview them if you go to the Toys section of the Happy Meal site.
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html

(I don't know why they decided to make the hero toys, especially since Trap Team comes with two of them. They should've been all villains since kids can only trap them but don't have toys of them to play with.)
I don't see the toys. It juet says coming soon and nothing happens when you click on it. Are these usable in game?

I don't see the toys. It juet says coming soon and nothing happens when you click on it. Are these usable in game?
Not usable in the game looks to be be six different ones four Skylanders (Wildfire, Wallop, Sure Shot, and Food Fight) and two villians (Wolfgang and Pain-Yatta).

[attachment=14151:Screen-Shot-2015-04-17-at-11.16.50-AM.png]

I found Enigma at both my local tru and GameStop on Thursday night. He was the last guy we are buying for Trap Team so we are done till the next game.

Hypothetically speaking, say if i got in on that deal for the original skylanders and giants and wanted to get all the achieveables/ wanted to get a few figures. Which ones would i get/packs would i buy to make the most out of it? I don't want to invest too much, but wouldn't mind getting a pack that had like 3 series 3 so i could use on the ones that i have and the game after giants.

I found Enigma at both my local tru and GameStop on Thursday night. He was the last guy we are buying for Trap Team so we are done till the next game.
At TRU at least, he's out in force. Had to do some shuffling, buying at one store, returning and rebuying at another to get the three Iwanted in one place. Now I'm also done until the next game . . . except maybe the light and dark traps, which are still hard to find everywhere. However, with only four playable villains each, one or two of which are locked unless you own the adventure packs (which I don't), I don't think I'm missing out on all that much should I be unable to find them.

With 19 (4 Core, 15 Master) I own more Trap Team than any other edition. I hope they're kinder to us next time.

Hypothetically speaking, say if i got in on that deal for the original skylanders and giants and wanted to get all the achieveables/ wanted to get a few figures. Which ones would i get/packs would i buy to make the most out of it? I don't want to invest too much, but wouldn't mind getting a pack that had like 3 series 3 so i could use on the ones that i have and the game after giants.
Nobody's answered you, but i've fallen pretty deep down the Skylanders hole. I'll give you some advice, but would you elaborate or rephrase your question?

Nobody's answered you, but i've fallen pretty deep down the Skylanders hole. I'll give you some advice, but would you elaborate or rephrase your question?
I think he's just asking how to 100% both games. In order to do that with the first two games, you need one Skylander of every Element, correct? I don't think you need the adventure packs to get 100% of the items in the game though.

From reading the question, it almost seemed like he was asking what is the fewest amount of Skylanders he can buy to get the most out of the series, i.e. pros and cons of re-posed/light-core characters vs. original characters, etc.  I own quite a few, but even I'm not sure.

My personal advice is, for the first two games, buy 1 Skylander of each element and 1 Giant - if you buy the Starter of Spyro's Adventure and the Portal Owner's Pack, you should be good for the Giant, as well as the Magic, Water, & Tech Elements.  For the other five Elements, buy whichever you like.  I can't recall if lightcore and re-posed characters are backwards compatible, but everything is forwards-compatible.

For Swap Force, I think you need a Swapper of each Ability Type and each Element.  I'm not sure the least number for that.

And Trap Team, one of each Trap Master Element, i.e. 10 figures.

If you're just going after achievements, everything is achievable with the base/starter set.  However, each Skylander is one life, and once you run out, you have to start over.  The final boss battles tend to be rather challenging (to me).

From reading the question, it almost seemed like he was asking what is the fewest amount of Skylanders he can buy to get the most out of the series, i.e. pros and cons of re-posed/light-core characters vs. original characters, etc. I own quite a few, but even I'm not sure.

My personal advice is, for the first two games, buy 1 Skylander of each element and 1 Giant - if you buy the Starter of Spyro's Adventure and the Portal Owner's Pack, you should be good for the Giant, as well as the Magic, Water, & Tech Elements. For the other five Elements, buy whichever you like. I can't recall if lightcore and re-posed characters are backwards compatible, but everything is forwards-compatible.

For Swap Force, I think you need a Swapper of each Ability Type and each Element. I'm not sure the least number for that.

If you're just going after achievements, everything is achievable with the base/starter set. However, each Skylander is one life, and once you run out, you have to start over. The final boss battles tend to be rather challenging (to me).
That pretty much answered my question, i must of been channeling my inner caboose when i asked that. Do the old figures have stat caps? If i took them into newer games would they be less effective?

That pretty much answered my question, i must of been channeling my inner caboose when i asked that. Do the old figures have stat caps? If i took them into newer games would they be less effective?
The older characters don't have stat caps. Even though you can level up the green base characters the same as orange/blue/red base ones, it seems that the developers are sort of under powering the old characters in the new games to encourage the purchasing of the newer, much stronger characters.

Some of my favorite characters are:

Pop Fizz or Punch Pop Fizz
Prism Break was really fun in Spyro's Adventure and Giants but is very weak in Swap Force
Bash
Flameslinger
Gill Grunt
Tree Rex
Crusher or Granite Crusher
Spy Rise
Magna Charge
Rattle Shake or QuickDraw Rattle Shake

FWIW

I can't recall if lightcore and re-posed characters are backwards compatible, but everything is forwards-compatible.

For Swap Force, I think you need a Swapper of each Ability Type and each Element. I'm not sure the least number for that.

If you're just going after achievements, everything is achievable with the base/starter set. However, each Skylander is one life, and once you run out, you have to start over. The final boss battles tend to be rather challenging (to me).
Lightcores and reposes (called Series) are backwards compatible, though any additional abilities and cosmetic changes (such as sections lighting up on the in-game character) might not occur in earlier games. I would recommend getting the most recent versions, as doing so will allow you to switch and power up both ability paths (though you can only change them outside of levels), as well as the Wow Pows, which are extra abilities, usually something powerful and hard-hitting.

As for the Swappers, you can get all 8 elements and skills in only eight figures if you do the following:

Water - Wash Buckler (comes in console starter packs)

Fire - Blast Zone (comes in console starter packs)

Air - Free Ranger (comes in 3DS starter pack)

Earth - Rubble Rouser (can be bought rather cheaply)

Tech - Magna Charge (a difficult character to find nowadays - you might be better off getting Spy Rise and Freeze Blade)

Undead - Rattle Shake (comes in 3DS starter packs, and is available at many Five Belows in his Quick Draw version, which is a different color, but plays the same.)

Magic - Hoot Loop

Life - Stink Bomb

From SD, credit RevOne:

Skylanders Giants 7 Character Figure Bundle - $20 + Free Store Pickup @ Walmart

Great price at only ~$2.86 per figure.

Today Only - $20 + Free Store Pickup

Link To Offer [walmart.com]

Quote :
Includes:
  • Eye Brawl
  • Ninjini
  • Bouncer
  • Crusher
  • Hot Head
  • Swarm
  • Thumpback

I bought Skylanders for the first time. Found 14 characters for $14 at a yard sale. I have no idea if I got a good deal or not since I know nothing about them lol but I thought it might be worth a shot.pics coming soon.

Here they are...

csdlGMr.jpg

LTB3Nul.jpg

VYgkj2n.jpg

The two left ones (Blast Zone and Stealth Elf) are from the Swap Force starter pack. Shroom Boom, Chop Chop, and the canon are from the Giants battle pack. The Spyro and Jet-Vac are from the Giants starter pack. Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash from a triple pack.

Then you have the Fire Kraken from Swap Force, Legendary Grim Creeper, Swap Force Pop Fizz, and another random Flameslinger.

There's nothing particularly rare or valuable in there. But good news is, Drobot and Flameslinger are both very good in the first game.

bread's done
Back