Official Skylanders Thread

i just wish they had alot more. The most i was missing was from giants because I didn't want all the lightcore/series 2 variants, but for $2/3 I would have got all the ones I was missing. They really only had some lightcore hex which was 1.50 anyway, and a lightcore shroom boom. i was able to get some gold shroomboom and gill grunt and some original hex/drobot and series 2 elf but nothing too fancy. only like $17 for 9

The TRU where I am said the deal was only the 2 for $8 Swap Force figures, which I was less interested in. I was looking for the 3/$6 Giants figures, but it was a no go. Often times, TRU is the worst.

Sorry guys this was a fiasco for me too. TRU has really dropped the ball, I had about a dozen figures and the pre order and went to customer service since there was only one register open with a line and they were ringing people up at cs. It was an epic fail, I tried explaining to the woman, who was less than interested, several times what the promotion was all about, I had the printed email, and still it didnt sink in to her, she tries ringing things up several times, scanning the preorder first, last, etc, she re-reads the email ad I printed out several times, and its really like a huge chore for her to do this, so she finally calls the manager over, who also had no clue, he goes through the whole thing again, tries ringing them all up again a few times, in different ways, he also seemed bothered that he had to come over and do this and I started to get angry now, and just left.

Mine had the signs up, and they still didn't know or understand how it was supposed to work. They manually adjusted the couple I got.

Anyone know if this is fixed? I'd like to try to get some older figures I'm missing but I don't have a copy of the email.

Probably a YMMV, but I was in Walmart last night and saw they had marked down all skylanders and Disney infinity starter sets to $20 for all systems.

To set the record straight on portal compatibility
Giants is backwards compatible with Spyro
Swap Force portals is bc with both previous entries, but earlier portals will not work on it due to increased readings on SF.
Trap Team is by itself - it will not work woth any other portal and no previous games will work on its portal

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these work on a PS3 Portal? I just recently bought a couple skylanders so I'm not sure if these are only for tablets or if they can be used on any system.
The work on any version of the game from Giants on up. The only one in Battlegrounds that's a little different is the Platinum Treasure Chest. Battlegrounds recognizes the difference but all other Skylanders games see it as a regular Treasure Chest magic item.

a friend of mine found a HUGE lot of skylanders and infinity figures today. i think some 100+ skylanders and some 50 or so infinity, costed him like $30. i'm not too into this stuff, is any of it worth anything or is the game fun? kinda wish Spyro wasn't part of this, he needs to make a comeback with a new game or something.

Check TRU/BBY for Roller Brawl. I see her a lot still. As for Scratch... bad news. He's been rare for months now, since shortly after Trap Team came out. It went up to $50 on eBay at one point, but it's a lot lower now.
I didn't get that amazing email, and like everyone else I got dumb stares when I questioned the TRU employees about it. However, I did get EXTREMELY lucky at the TRU on the higher end side of town. Finally found Scratch (last one) and got it for $8.99. Considering what I would've had to pay for it anywhere else, I'll call the weekend a win.

Also it's worth nothing that the Trap Team (3DS) and Swap Force (3DS) versions share the same portal.  You can definitely play Giants and Spyro's Adventure on the 3DS using the same portal.

a friend of mine found a HUGE lot of skylanders and infinity figures today. i think some 100+ skylanders and some 50 or so infinity, costed him like $30. i'm not too into this stuff, is any of it worth anything or is the game fun? kinda wish Spyro wasn't part of this, he needs to make a comeback with a new game or something.
100+ Skylanders and 50 Disney Infinity for $30. The deal gives me the creeps. Feels like stolen goods.

If you're using the Trap Team portal with earlier games, you have to take out any traps. My 4yo and I jumped on the Skylander bandwagon late, so we only bought Spyro's Adventure on Sunday. Booted it with the Trap Team portal and got an error saying it didn't recognize the series 1 figure. Took out the trap that was in the portal and then it worked fine.

I just went to my local TJ MAXX and they had core Skylander Giants figures for $4.99, and the Giants figures for $5.99. They had a huge selection, almost as much as ToysRUs usually has. I got Swarm, which seems to be one of the harder Giants to find.

How useful is it to own multiple Giant Skylanders in post Giants games (i.e. Swap Force, Trap Team, assume there's no info yet for Superchargers)?  Do you really just want one to throw down so you can move rocks, or is it useful to have several options? 

It adds to your elemental power, they have giant specific chests, and they can destroy bomb walls without bombs. Plus, they are more powerful in most cases than the core Skylander figures. And, I almost forgot! Giants automatically stomp chompies and other small enemies to death. So, they save a little bit of button pressing.

How useful is it to own multiple Giant Skylanders in post Giants games (i.e. Swap Force, Trap Team, assume there's no info yet for Superchargers)? Do you really just want one to throw down so you can move rocks, or is it useful to have several options?
IMO, you really only need one Giant figure. Yes, if you have several, then you have a 'back-up' in case you get knocked out, but if you have a plethora of Skylanders already, just use the Giant when you need to. That I can recall, there's no specific element Giant stuff in any of the games, just generic Giants stuff any Giant can use.

The $25 Trap Team is so friggin tempting... I'm not ready to invest in more new characters though, I enjoy finding them at super cheap discounts locally...

For core Skylanders who have Series 2 and Series 3 (and then there's S4 for Gill Grunt), is the only difference the different wow pow attack and appearance?  Or are there other gameplay advantages to using the S3 rather than the S2? 

Well, I know that series two figures could change their power path. They aren't locked into that choice. I'm not sure if series three figures can do that.

IMG_9154.jpg1.jpg
So I found this lot at a yard sale today. Paid $20 for the whole bundle. I have always been slightly interested in Skylanders but dont know much about it. Thought this might be a good starting point. Was the price ok? Any harder to find characters here? Thanks for any info.
Great price! Nothing really hard to find there except Nitro Magna Charge, which was a Target exclusive.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9154.jpg1.jpg
So I found this lot at a yard sale today. Paid $20 for the whole bundle. I have always been slightly interested in Skylanders but dont know much about it. Thought this might be a good starting point. Was the price ok? Any harder to find characters here? Thanks for any info.
Holy shit, that's a great deal! Awesome batch for an entry level player for damn sure.

so I recently picked up Swap Force for the XB1 and the 3DS for $13.50 each at Walmart, I picked up one of the giants and the other elements I needed but am having trouble finding decent prices on the swap force figures I need. Magna Charge, Grilla Drilla, Trap Shadow, Hoot Loop & Rubble Rouser are the ones im looking for but not having too much luck

so I recently picked up Swap Force for the XB1 and the 3DS for $13.50 each at Walmart, I picked up one of the giants and the other elements I needed but am having trouble finding decent prices on the swap force figures I need. Magna Charge, Grilla Drilla, Trap Shadow, Hoot Loop & Rubble Rouser are the ones im looking for but not having too much luck
Keep an eye on AWD. I have picked up all of those for less than $5 a piece, it just takes patience. The prices fluctuate quite a bit, and you just have to keep an eye on the figures you want.

How does one go about looking for specific skylanders on Amazon Warehouse Deals? Are there any tips and tricks to finding what you want?

Looks to be a Polar whirlwind in there as well which was a gamestop exclusive.
I missed that, you are correct.

On a side note, I only have 2 more achievements left in this game! speed running the levels and score attack all levels

I've seen plenty of Grilla Drilla, Hoot Loop, and Rubble Rouser at local TRUs in Southern California. Haven't found any Magna Charge, though, and only found one Trap Shadow, which I bought because my son went nuts for it.

I was traveling this weekend and stopped in an F.Y.E. in Albany, NY.  They had all Skylanders starter packs for 90% off.  I'm not sure if this is going on at every F.Y.E. that still carries games, but I picked up a PS4 Trap Team starter pack for $6 plus tax.  I know both my local F.Y.Es stopped carrying games, then closed, but if you have one around, it might be worth a call.

Bowser and Donkey Kong are going to be Amiibo/Skylander Hybrids. And, they will work on the 3DS, Wii, and Wii U versions of SuperChargers. The 3DS and Wii versions are going to be a cart racing game, much like Mario Kart.

bread's done
Back