Official Skylanders Thread

Have the superchargers dark edition for wii u ever been on a significant sale?
was expecting a black friday deal but it seems like only regular ones are getting price drops :(
apparently Target had a preorder price mistake at $74.99 Best Buy after GCU $79.99. TRU had a promo for spending X amount get $15 off, so $84.99 (cheapest for the Wii version). Walmart had and as of this post had some sales at $74.99.

Reminds me I still have to call Discover to get price protection on the Wii U one. Never had an smooth process with these despite all the sucess stories I've read about it.

I was able to get the Superchargers Dark Edition for WiiU via Target over the phone. Price Matched it to $69.99 against Amazon and also got 2 $60 games for the B2G1 free deal. They wouldn't let me do it in the store. I was also able to use the $5 off $50 coupon code: TGTE2RSY  on the deal. I'm not sure how Target calculates the return price on items in a BxGx deal, but I think I got a good price on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite surprised when I saw these at Walmart today. There was an end cap with clearance Trap Team/Swap Force/Giants stuff, when I saw 3 Wildfire figs sitting there. It's been basically impossible to find these at retail price for months now.

image.jpg

I was quite surprised when I saw these at Walmart today. There was an end cap with clearance Trap Team/Swap Force/Giants stuff, when I saw 3 Wildfire figs sitting there. It's been basically impossible to find these at retail price for months now.

image.jpg
Were they full price?

I was able to pick up Trap Team for the 3DS today on clearance (after the $10 cheerios coupon) for $6.10 after tax. Haven't paid more than $10 for any of the 3DS versions to this point and I can live with that.

Target Cartwheel has a 45% off Superchargers starter sets until the 25th.  

If you can get lucky enough to get a pricematch and stack the Cartwheel discount, you could get the Dark edition(WiiU, Xbox One priced at $69.99 on Amazon) for $38.49 right now.

$32.98 for the standard edition (all flavors.)

I got this as part of the traget b2g1 deal

Skylanders Superchargers Dark Edition Wii U

Skylanders Superchargers 3DS starter pack

Mario Marker Wii U

After all coupons(15%,10%,$5 off $50) and a price match i ended up paying $31.83 each

45% off makes the $75 starter packs $41.25.
Using a red card is another 5% off (if you have one) making it $37.50.
The coupon for 10% off a $50 purchase won't work unless your purchase is over $50 at the time of payment. I used the coupon, then scanned my Cartwheel, and it negated the coupon because my total was less than $50. So, YMMV with that. Basically, if you can wait until Black Friday, you can get a figure and the Starter at Target for less than you would pay for the starter and a figure to bump this over $50 to get the other coupon to work. Since Black Friday is only about 10 days away, and you've waited this long to buy the game, you are better off just buying it online, or heading into a store on Black Friday. Target on Black Friday also restocks a lot of older figures. Last year they had Swap Force figures for $7, and Giants figures for $5.

I used the coupon, then scanned my Cartwheel, and it negated the coupon because my total was less than $50.
Good to know. I'll wait till BF then. Since the CW coupon expires on 11/25 and the sets go on sale then maybe I can use the 45% off on the sale price IF I go into the store on Thursday.

This may have been brought up before but Walmart has all 7 Giants figures for $20. They've been that price for a while.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylanders-Giants-7-Character-Figure-Bundle-Universal/44786548

Does it look like the dark edition is included in any of these black Friday Deals?  Might have to try to PM/Cartwheel today just in case.

That said does the Dark edition work automatically with this cartwheel coupon or does it need an override?  The app looks like it only has the base started packs listed.

Went to pick up online order at TRU and saw that all older (up to swap Force) SL figures are 50% off. Picked up 2 old adventure packs for $5 each.

Does the Trap Team 3DS game require a Trap Team portal, or will the ones from the 3DS versions of Superchargers or Swap Force work just as well?

Does the Trap Team 3DS game require a Trap Team portal, or will the ones from the 3DS versions of Superchargers or Swap Force work just as well?
I'm 90% sure the Swap-Force portal works, no clue about the Superchargers one.

at target I pmed amazon 59.96 then 45% off cartwheel then $10 off supershargers coupon from guitar hero made it $24.95 for skylanders superchargers ps4... good right?

What is this registry and wishlist coupons? How do you get them?
wishlist is from the Target wishlist app. Just dl the app and sign in, get a one time use 10% off code. Works on videogames. Registry is from the Target.com baby registry. Make a new registry and add to it the stuff you want to buy. You have to wait a few days for the offer code to come up. 3 days for baby, 5 days for wedding. Dosen't work with games online.

Wave 3 appearing at Toys R Us

I see Splat, Popfiz and a few others

-edit-
I posted this from the first page.

Wave 3 or more reprints of old crap. I know they were getting silly with some of their designs but how many of the same basic characters do we need...? Enough with Eruptor and Pop Fizz already <end of rant>
Well at leas the reposes are significantly different and in small numbers. In Giants, we got 24 reposes, three per element. Swap Force we got 16. Trap Team we got 5. There are 8 of them this year. This time the character may be the same, but they play a great deal differently.

Eruptor previously is somewhat of a ranged character, Lava Lance Eruptor seems more like melee. Terrafin is the opposite, he has a gun now but fought with his fists before.

Toysrus is having a 2 day sale for Skylanders Superchargers starter packs for

Wii,Wii U,3DS,Xbox 360,Xbox One,PS3,PS4

$39.99 each and your choice of a free skylanders figure.

It appears that the new "Eon's Elite" figures are qualifying as the free figure.

If i didn't get them list past week from the target b2g1 deal i would be all over this deal as its only $5 more then the cheapest black friday price but on top of that you get a free figure so that makes up for it i think.

Toysrus is having a 2 day sale for Skylanders Superchargers starter packs for
Wii,Wii U,3DS,Xbox 360,Xbox One,PS3,PS4

$39.99 each and your choice of a free skylanders figure.

It appears that the new "Eon's Elite" figures are qualifying as the free figure.

If i didn't get them list past week from the target b2g1 deal i would be all over this deal as its only $5 more then the cheapest black friday price but on top of that you get a free figure so that makes up for it i think.
That's a nice deal. Thanks for the heads up.

YMMV
The manager of my local Gamestop was able to order chars in both new and used to my house so I was able to take advantage of the deals.

I was able to get Splat before she arrived in the local store, $9 and free shipping.

All Skylanders superchargers starter packs (not black edition) on sale at best buy, PS4/XB1/PS3/XB360/WiiU/Wii for $39.99 GCU Price $31.99, 3DS $29.99, GCU Price $23.99

Already bought my son the Wii u version previously and decided to pick up the 3DS version for this price since it comes with bowser and his vehicle and would cost the same price as any figure with their vehicle.

All Skylanders superchargers starter packs (not black edition) on sale at best buy, PS4/XB1/PS3/XB360/WiiU/Wii for $39.99 GCU Price $31.99, 3DS $29.99, GCU Price $23.99

Already bought my son the Wii u version previously and decided to pick up the 3DS version for this price since it comes with bowser and his vehicle and would cost the same price as any figure with their vehicle.
Somehow i missed this and thought target was the best deal. Hmm going need to see abt reordering these here or something. I had ordered x2 of 3ds, x2 of wii u, x1 ps4 , x1 xboxone to get my son and I all the figures. 3ds is nearly $10 cheaper alone. Id go for the gamestop deal but then id have to figure out what to do with starter packs from past games i don't need.

As an added bonus id get some rewards points at bestbuy i guess.

What commercials?
I think I saw it during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Obviously, I didn't pay too much attention since I missed the fine print, but here's the link.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TowhJiLdKv0

Trying to post on mobile can be frustrating.

Along with the current "spend $35+, get $10 off toys to life purchase" at Toys R Us, they also have a "spend $40, get $20 off" on Skylanders stuff (excludes starter packs).

And no, both deals don't stack...

I was able to nab the Eon's Elite versions of Ghost Roaster, Dino-Rang, and Boomer at my local TRU. The odd thing is, they rang up for about $8.65 each. At the bottom of the receipt it said, "Toys to Life Promo - $20.00" followed by "Skylanders Promo - $20.00." The entire transaction rang up for less than $30 after tax. I can't imagine that the promo is working correctly, so I'd recommend hurrying over to TRU before the glitch is fixed!

I just got back from TRU. The deals didn't stack for me though. But I ended up getting the Superchargers 3 pack ($29.99) and Hurricane Jet Vac figure ($13.99) for $23.99 plus tax. $6 per figure/vehicle.... not bad.

The register didn't double dip for me either. What is good is that every time you cross the spending amount for the deal it applies again so it seems there is no need to do separate transactions if you're buying a lot.

I made a separet thread, but I'll post it here too https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/351848-gamestop-skylanders-day-december-5th-2015/

Gamestop Skylanders Day December 5th 2015

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SkylandersDay125/?tp=i-H43-8C-3vP-25AipH-1n-94To-1c-25AOOv-N1yXd&cid=eml_10002295

50% off all standard Supercharger Starter Packs

$40 off all Dark Supsercharger Starter Packs

Buy 1 Super Charger Figure get 1 Vehicle Free

Christmas Diveclops and Nightfall Gamestop exclusive will be released at this event for $12.99 each

50% off the Aqua Race set (Gill Grunt, Boat, Golden Queen Trophy $17.49)

$9.99 all Eon's Elite

$20 Supercharger RC Cars

$40 Gamestop Exclusive Wii Motes (Bowser, Toad, Yoshi)

$15 Collectors Guide $10 Normal Guide

$7.99 for Trap Master Tuff Luck or Blastermind

bread's done
Back