Official Skylanders Thread

I made a separet thread, but I'll post it here too https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/351848-gamestop-skylanders-day-december-5th-2015/

Gamestop Skylanders Day December 5th 2015
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/SkylandersDay125/?tp=i-H43-8C-3vP-25AipH-1n-94To-1c-25AOOv-N1yXd&cid=eml_10002295

50% off all standard Supercharger Starter Packs
$40 off all Dark Supsercharger Starter Packs

Buy 1 Super Charger Figure get 1 Vehicle Free

Christmas Diveclops and Nightfall Gamestop exclusive will be released at this event for $12.99 each

50% off the Aqua Race set (Gill Grunt, Boat, Golden Queen Trophy $17.49)

$9.99 all Eon's Elite

$20 Supercharger RC Cars

$40 Gamestop Exclusive Wii Motes (Bowser, Toad, Yoshi)

$15 Collectors Guide $10 Normal Guide

$7.99 for Trap Master Tuff Luck or Blastermind
Any chance the limited time $40 msrp will stack with this?

I found the wave 3 vehicles today at Toys R Us. Thump Truck, Splatter Splasher, and Sheild Striker.
I hope they're at gamestop this weekend.

Has anyonbe else had some cheaply made Skylanders?
I've had multiple broken once freed from package

Series 1 Prism Break (Arms)
Knight Mare (Waist)
Jawbreak (arms)
Gusto (feet came out of stand)
Wallop (feet came out of stand)

I hope they're at gamestop this weekend.

Has anyonbe else had some cheaply made Skylanders?
I've had multiple broken once freed from package

Series 1 Prism Break (Arms)
Knight Mare (Waist)
Jawbreak (arms)
Gusto (feet came out of stand)
Wallop (feet came out of stand)
I was about to buy Wii U Skylanders when I noticed the mouth on Donkey Kong had fallen off. Luckily they had another.

Toys R Us has a great Skylanders promotion right now. Buy $40 of Skylander merchandise (excluding starter packs) and receive an instant $20 discount off the total purchase price (not sure if this offer is available online). I was able to score 8 of the new elite Skylanders for essentially $11.00 each (4 seperate transactions).

I couldn't get both Toys R Us promos to stack, but I did end up with the Terrafin 2-vehicle bonus pack and Legendary Jet-Vac for $24 pre-tax, so I was pretty satisfied with that.

I see that the Head Rush army has resurfaced at Targets everywhere. They disappeared pre-Black Friday, maybe to make shelf space, but they are back in full force now. I finally caved in and got her at Best Buy for $3.88 during Cyber Monday only because I could.

Toys R Us has a great Skylanders promotion right now. Buy $40 of Skylander merchandise (excluding starter packs) and receive an instant $20 discount off the total purchase price (not sure if this offer is available online).
It works online, but one of the items has to be $20 or more otherwise it won't deduct the full $20 from your cart.

So who do you think will come with the Final Trophy?
Roller Brawl or Trigger Happy?
Most people seem to think it's going to be Trigger Happy. Rollerbrawls got a legendary version but there doesn't seem to be one for her vehicle which makes her being in the pack seem unlikely.

Don't they also add villains that you can race as?
So - and this is from memory - I have the Sea and Air Packs - each pack unlocks four tracks. You can race each track in a variety of modes (regular, mirror, boss battle). For the boss battle, if you can defeat the boss (not difficult, takes about two laps to whittle down their health with attacks), you then unlock the boss and their vehicle to play when the trophy is on the portal (like Kaos if you have the Kaos trophy from the Dark Edition).

Ugh.... to get the TRU $20 off to work, I bought LightCore Shroom Boom & Warnado.. and while I like the char Shroom.. the ingame glow bugs me hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this

Tried ordering from gamestop using the $10 egiftcard from the my coke rewards to lower the price even more. Entered everything in just fine but after i submitted the order there was no mention of the giftcard being applied at all to the order.Quickly cancelled the order and just ordered from amazon instead. I'll use the giftcard instore so i don't have to deal with any issues like i had this time.

3 Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicles for $19.98

Credit: http://www.dealsofamerica.com/

Click Here and add '3 QTY' to cart for 3*$9.99 - $9.99 off at checkout = $19.98 + Free Shipping w/$35+ Order

Also Checkout: Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Stealth Stinger Character Pack, Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Dive Bomber Character Pack, Skylanders SuperChargers: Vehicle Crypt Crusher Character Pack

Note:  Amazon.com changes price frequently so deal may expire at any time. Please refer to post time to see when deal was posted

Gamestop currently have most (if not all) Superchargers characters and vehicles for $9.99 each. Even better with the current $5 off coupon deal. I picked up Nightfall today for $4.99 with the coupon.

I can walk into any Target and find stacks and stacks of Head Rush and Nitro Head Rush. They either made WAY too many or nobody wants that figure. Target needs to just give up and clearance them already along with the endless waves of Water Traps. Best Buy finally had a fire sale on Head Rush and Water Traps on Cyber Monday, but only lasted a day.

I can walk into any Target and find stacks and stacks of Head Rush and Nitro Head Rush. They either made WAY too many or nobody wants that figure. Target needs to just give up and clearance them already along with the endless waves of Water Traps. Best Buy finally had a fire sale on Head Rush and Water Traps on Cyber Monday, but only lasted a day.
How much are the Nitro Head Rush at your store?
Near me, there are none in within 30miles (Granted... there is only 2 Targets within 30miles of my house, each 25+ miles away)

Also, Spyro's Adventure New for Xbox 360 is $2.97

Target Cartwheel has 2 Skylanders Coupons

25% off a Single Supercharger Figure

35% off a Single Supercharger Vehicle

I want to know if the figure may work on Nitro Head Rush, the char really did suck but the Nitro looks decent.

Just trying to figure out how this Toys R Us free driver with vehicle thing works. Didn't see anything on the website about it. Wanted to find out if it's open offer to all.

Just trying to figure out how this Toys R Us free driver with vehicle thing works. Didn't see anything on the website about it. Wanted to find out if it's open offer to all.
This should clear it up

Toys-R-Us (In store only Dec 9th, 2015)
[attachment=18761:SkyInStore.png]

Target Cartwheel (In store only. Good till the Dec 12th, 2015)

[attachment=18762:SkyTarget.png]

I wonder if Superchargers is bombing, given how cheap the figures are so soon after release.
It's quite common for the figures to regularly go on sale like this.

However it does feel like Superchargers isn't doing as well... while I feel it is one of the best games in the series, the market is officially flooded.

We have Amiibo, Skylanders, Infinity, and Lego.

Skylanders is the only series not offering iconic figures (Save Donkey/Bowser) however it offers the most robust experience.

Infinity has no offical game, and are more collectable than the rest.. they also hold the largest market share. Estimated to be the other three combined

Lego is fun, but it's just the same bit as ever series and really price gouges you.

Infinity is the same way, it's fun but way to restrictive and limiting on how you're able to play with the figures you bought.

Why can't I play as Vader in Avengers? Why can't I play Darth Maul through New Hope? (You can if you unlock him but yea)

Until I looked into superchargers I thought it would just be primarily a racing game. I played all the old ones but held off on this one cause the vehicles were not a draw for me.

Until I looked into superchargers I thought it would just be primarily a racing game. I played all the old ones but held off on this one cause the vehicles were not a draw for me.
I think that might also be a problem, the game is a traditional Skylanders Game with vehicle combat and racing features. (The Wii and 3DS are pure racing). However, it looks to be a racing game to most people....

The sales last year weren't as deep of a discount as this year, but this year Activision also raised the price on the "standard" figures for Superchargers so the figures are costing about the same.

I imagine the vehicle sales are also suffering from people worrying if they'll work in the next game or not.

The sales last year weren't as deep of a discount as this year, but this year Activision also raised the price on the "standard" figures for Superchargers so the figures are costing about the same.

I imagine the vehicle sales are also suffering from people worrying if they'll work in the next game or not.
Like all Specialty Figures, they will be all but forgotten next year.

There is a "Race The Holidays" Skylanders event at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/skylanders-interactive-characters/b/ref=amb_link_448158022_2?ie=UTF8&node=11008720011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-top-1&pf_rd_r=0FNKFZD3RXQ18X17XWWC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=2311287542&pf_rd_i=468642

It's quite common for the figures to regularly go on sale like this.

However it does feel like Superchargers isn't doing as well... while I feel it is one of the best games in the series, the market is officially flooded.

We have Amiibo, Skylanders, Infinity, and Lego.

Skylanders is the only series not offering iconic figures (Save Donkey/Bowser) however it offers the most robust experience.

Infinity has no official game, and are more collectible than the rest.. they also hold the largest market share. Estimated to be the other three combined

Lego is fun, but it's just the same bit as ever series and really price gouges you.

Infinity is the same way, it's fun but way to restrictive and limiting on how you're able to play with the figures you bought.

Why can't I play as Vader in Avengers? Why can't I play Darth Maul through New Hope? (You can if you unlock him but yea)
Hmmm, interesting take on it all. I would contest that amiibo is really hard to compare to the other ones, since there isn't a base "game" for it.

Not sure Disney Infinity beats all three combined either. This is a very unscientific way of comparing all four, but going by mentions of each series on Reddit (mostly male and younger, yes), amiibo has beaten Skylanders and even peaked above Disney and Lego (and I mean just the word "Disney" and just the word "Lego"; the tracker has a hard time with some two word examples). Like I said, unscientific and not directly correlated with sales that's for sure. (sidenote: the Reddit mentions tool is fun to goof around with). Going by observations here on CAG I'd say up until recently amiibo chatter was beating out all the other ones 10:1 but now with a long release lull it has calmed way down. Infinity and Skylanders seems to get equal attention with Dimensions just a bit behind both of those two. What it seems like to me anyway.

amiibo being it's own thing aside (obviously slowing down though) - I think the other 3 can't gain traction due to being too much of the same, even Lego Dimensions. These deep discounts we're seeing on everything could mean their is more competition, but it looks like desperation to me. Lego seems to have joined the party a year or two too late, and maybe at too steep of a price too.

I'm sure all of them are making a bajillion dollars and all will claim they are sales leaders I'm sure in their press releases. I think we need a one year break from some of these series' with figure support in-between to help the saturation.

So just got back from Toys R Us and the BOGO 40% works on the vehicles. So you get a driver free and if you buy 2 vehicles one will be 6.80 off. Roughly $30 for 2 vehicles and 2 drivers/characters. Breaks down to about $7.50 a piece.

How much are the Nitro Head Rush at your store?
Near me, there are none in within 30miles (Granted... there is only 2 Targets within 30miles of my house, each 25+ miles away)
Nitro Head Rush is still $14.99 which is why they're not selling. Those stores that don't have them out probably have them in the back because the Skylanders space got a lot smaller. All the Head Rush figures disappeared the week Superchargers came out, which led me to think they finally got rid of them for salvage, but they all showed up again around Dec. 1 once they had more room.

Nitro Head Rush is definitely no Nitro Krypt King or Nitro Magna Charge in terms of quality or quantity. Those became rare fast.

Hmmm, interesting take on it all. I would contest that amiibo is really hard to compare to the other ones, since there isn't a base "game" for it.

Not sure Disney Infinity beats all three combined either. This is a very unscientific way of comparing all four, but going by mentions of each series on Reddit (mostly male and younger, yes), amiibo has beaten Skylanders and even peaked above Disney and Lego (and I mean just the word "Disney" and just the word "Lego"; the tracker has a hard time with some two word examples). Like I said, unscientific and not directly correlated with sales that's for sure. (sidenote: the Reddit mentions tool is fun to goof around with). Going by observations here on CAG I'd say up until recently amiibo chatter was beating out all the other ones 10:1 but now with a long release lull it has calmed way down. Infinity and Skylanders seems to get equal attention with Dimensions just a bit behind both of those two. What it seems like to me anyway.

amiibo being it's own thing aside (obviously slowing down though) - I think the other 3 can't gain traction due to being too much of the same, even Lego Dimensions. These deep discounts we're seeing on everything could mean their is more competition, but it looks like desperation to me. Lego seems to have joined the party a year or two too late, and maybe at too steep of a price too.

I'm sure all of them are making a bajillion dollars and all will claim they are sales leaders I'm sure in their press releases. I think we need a one year break from some of these series' with figure support in-between to help the saturation.
I feel Skylanders should be every 2 yrs... maybe with an expansion set for $20-30 every by year you get in the form of a figure with like 5-6 more hours of gameplay and content.

As it is, each game has 12-16hrs of content to play through along with harder difficulty and mini expansions, alternative modes and challenges.

Infinity...... ok..

This year I decided to try out the competitors and in all honesty Infinity and Dimensions are both nothing more that extremely over priced cash grabs.

Skylanders can feel money gouging yes.. but if you know how to buy them you can get all you need to see the complete game for CHEAP.

Infinity on the other hand.. the "Adventure" sets which sell for $35 are a mere 2-3 hrs of gameplay each.. even the one packed in. If you do not have an adventure set, you don't have the single player mode... the disc is just a toy box. Add to that it puts strict rules on how you can play the game.

So you can't have Woody in Star Wars, or Star Wars in Avengers... and even IF the character is from the series you're playing.. you have to unlock them..
Yes.. you have to further UNLOCK them ontop of purchasing them.

This is usually for Villains, but still bs.. specially with things like Boba Fett coming with the PS4 collectors edition and then needing to still be unlocked to be used.... and that's unlocked for EACH series of Star Wars... there are some figures with no playset and always need to be unlocked (Rebels)

Lego Dimensions is the worst cash grab... the pricing is outrageous for what you actually get.

The game is quite long and fun, but I dare say it's too complicated... you are constantly moving and rearraging your figures on the board so that they are in the correct color space to use their powers... there are times where you can't proceed unless you have each of your chars places on the right pad infront of you to open a door.. then have to immediately switch them around for another door.

AMIIBO is still listed under the "Toys To Life" genre/moniker and as such holds the greatest market share of all the brands. It quickly overtook the competition, and now sits as reigning king.

Nitro Head Rush is still $14.99 which is why they're not selling. Those stores that don't have them out probably have them in the back because the Skylanders space got a lot smaller. All the Head Rush figures disappeared the week Superchargers came out, which led me to think they finally got rid of them for salvage, but they all showed up again around Dec. 1 once they had more room.

Nitro Head Rush is definitely no Nitro Krypt King or Nitro Magna Charge in terms of quality or quantity. Those became rare fast.
Why is she $16.95 online?

I want to know if the CartWheel coupon works.. but it's a long ass drive.

Why is she $16.95 online?

I want to know if the CartWheel coupon works.. but it's a long ass drive.
Don't go out of your way for a Nitro Head Rush. Not worth the drive. I'm sure one day Target will finally clearance it and you'll be able to get a dirt cheap one. It's not scarce at all.

Target online pricing is wonky and sometimes more than in-store pricing.

Nah. I expect it's just you're in the thick of the holiday season, and all the major retailers are running thier big sales. 
I mean, last year at this time, one could buy the tablet version of Trap Team for $10-20, depending on when you checked Amazon. 

Now, if February rolls around and all of the Toys To Life figures are seeing price points and sales promotions similar to this STILL, well then they probably have oversaturated the market and are looking to clear shelfspace.

bread's done
Back