Official Skylanders Thread

Went back to Best Buy today to pick up Enigma and it was gone :( However, I saw that the lightcore figures were on clearance for $2.99 and the adventure pack they had was going for $7.99. Had to grab what they had. Also, Walmart has the Trap Team starters for $20 if you haven't picked it up yet.
Trap Team starters are still $50+ at my Walmart. Also, my BB had some minis packs, but the tags said $6.99 and $7.99 and I didn't want to ask to get them checked. I did pick up an official Skylanders carrying case for $4.99 at BB, though.

The Amazon exclusive Superchargers Fly, Dive, Drive bundle got as low as $27.50 and is now rising.
Dang, I'm really struggling with pulling the trigger on this. Same thing with the Target and Best Buy sales going on this week.

Even though I have every other Skylanders game and pretty much every released figure, I've managed to hold off on Superchargers until now. Not because I don't want to play it, but because it seems like it's not selling well (which seems to be the actual case based on a few articles I've read) and I feel like the entire Superchargers line will see a huge clearance come summer and fall. There's always such a huge glut of figures when I visit stores these days. That wasn't the case two or three years ago, especially with Spyro's Adventure, Giants and Swap Force. Lots of empty shelves during those stretches!

On the other hand, there's the chance that these are the best prices we'll see on Superchargers stuff and if I don't jump in now, some figures will become hard to find when Activision pulls the plug on production to cut their losses. I do wonder how lackluster sales will affect the next Skylanders game. Hopefully it will force the team to innovate. As gimmicky as the Skylanders games are, I absolutely love the gameplay, the character design and the world Toys For Bob has created and I'd hate to see the series go away any time soon.

I don't have Superchargers yet, but is there any reason to pick up the Kaos trophy? I snagged the Kaos trap for Trap Team a long time ago, and it's made my NIghtmare playthrough much more tolerable. Does the Kaos trophy aid in the story in any way?

I don't have Superchargers yet, but is there any reason to pick up the Kaos trophy? I snagged the Kaos trap for Trap Team a long time ago, and it's made my NIghtmare playthrough much more tolerable. Does the Kaos trophy aid in the story in any way?
Nope. It only unlocks Kaos to play as in the Sky tracks in the race portion of the game (not used in story mode at all).

Thanks for the suggestions. Seems these are all trappers; are there any recommended regular Skylanders?
I was going to say Roller Brawl and Grim Creeper, then realized they're from Swap Force. I will stick with that answer for Trap Team :) Definitely get one of each actual trap (no more than one is needed as you can switch out the trapped characters in between levels) but the Trap Masters only unlock hat areas, so aside from completionists, they're sadly worthless aside from playing like a powerful giant (my son destroys everything with Wallop on the screen)

Personally, I still feel that Trap Team had the best game mechanics with the traps (and worst with the trap masters), but Swap Force had the best Character set.

Thanks for the tip on the Trap Team minis. None at my local Best Buy were listed as being on sale, but I picked up the Easter Pet-Vac ($2.99), Drobit/Trigger Snappy ($2.99) and Gill Runt/Thumper ($4.99) plus GCU is a good deal. I'll probably pick a few others up at Gamestop with the Buy 2 Get 3 Free used deal.

[attachment=20820:20160305_103259.jpg]

I got the 4 Power Blue figures today during the buy 1 get 1 free sale. Was $29 and change. The store I went to only had 1 of each figure so if anyone is looking to get these today they may want to hurry as I'm not sure if this is the same with all stores.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachicon.gif
20160305_103259.jpg

I got the 4 Power Blue figures today during the buy 1 get 1 free sale. Was $29 and change. The store I went to only had 1 of each figure so if anyone is looking to get these today they may want to hurry as I'm not sure if this is the same with all stores.
same as the gamestops around here only 1 of each,did your store happen to have the land racing pack?

I was able to PM the power blue guys at TRU via Targets 50% off prices in their weekly ad. The power blue guys show up on Targets website at $7.50 for vehicles and $6.50 for the drivers.

same as the gamestops around here only 1 of each,did your store happen to have the land racing pack?
I'm not sure about the first store I went to because I wasn't looking for it, but the second one I went to (to get the Bone Buggy combo) only had 1, and the employee said it had just come in.

Worked out well for me. I have 2 stores close together in town and I figured I'd have to hit both just to strike out ...

At the first store, bought ...

Land Racing Pack (they had 2, I got 1)
Undead 2 pack
Magic 2 pack

That was all I wanted, so didn't check the 2nd store.

Didn't see any of the new Blue characters, but I wasn't interested in them anyway.

Stopped by GS after 6pm picked up Land Racing Pack (Kinda surprised no one want it).  Also, ordered all 4 Blue Variants on GS online.  Still no Mew Plush.  Still 3 Pikachu left ;)

Ok guys, I have a decision to make.  With Amazon's sale today Trap Team starter pack for PS4 is $11.  I currently have the first three Skylander games, but have yet to get around to completing any of them.  I probably have 20 or so figures too.  Do I go ahead and add this to the backlog, or restrain myself?  I did try playing them myself a couple times, but they're just so...kid oriented?  Idk...it's great when any kids are over though (which isn't often.)  I also have almost all Smash Amiibo on display, so space is starting to run low lol.

I just don't know if I need this, or if it'll ever be cheaper.  Whatcha guys think?

Ok guys, I have a decision to make. With Amazon's sale today Trap Team starter pack for PS4 is $11. I currently have the first three Skylander games, but have yet to get around to completing any of them. I probably have 20 or so figures too. Do I go ahead and add this to the backlog, or restrain myself? I did try playing them myself a couple times, but they're just so...kid oriented? Idk...it's great when any kids are over though (which isn't often.) I also have almost all Smash Amiibo on display, so space is starting to run low lol.

I just don't know if I need this, or if it'll ever be cheaper. Whatcha guys think?
You sound like an addict (like the rest of us).

I'm slowly realizing this and *trying* to slow down a bit...Which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on Trap Team.
You have figures that will be of use in it, and you can do it fine with a single Trapmaster and a couple traps to experience the gimmick, and you can complete the story without any special tricks. However, you have to be fine with the fact there are side areas you will not be able to see and villains you will not be able to trap. There is ample content to enjoy with what you have already and what is included, and while you might be able to find some Trap Masters cheap (Best Buy and Gamestop clearance are good choices), if you are wondering if $11 is worth it you need to draw the line right there. You will NOT be able to find all of the traps short of EBay. There is definitely $11 worth of accessible content in that Starter, and it gives value to stuff you already own.

Do I go ahead and add this to the backlog, or restrain myself? I did try playing them myself a couple times, but they're just so...kid oriented? Idk...it's great when any kids are over though (which isn't often.)

I just don't know if I need this, or if it'll ever be cheaper. Whatcha guys think?
It's definitely worth it at that price. However, you don't sound like you really enjoy the games or have anyone to enjoy playing them with, so I'd suggest skipping it in this case.

Not at my Walmart. I only found PS4 Swap Force out of that list and it was $20.
Walmart is EXTREMELY YMMV on clearance stuff. The ones closest me never do these good prices, PS TV bundles are still $50 and they even have things like Halo Reach Collectors for like $99. I laugh anytime I go by it at the prices they have on that stuff.

I've seen lots of Skylander Starters on end caps though, just the prices are around $30 even for the older ones.

Got my order in from GS. Instead of the Easter vehicle they sent me Birthday Pop Fizz, or whatever his name is. Hoping I can get this resolved at my local store, because I hate trying to email or call them.

TRU has the racing packs at 50% off today only.  If they also have the signs up from the weekly sale for $10 off any racing pack, you could get them to honor both deals.  Just got back from getting the land pack.

Also for the week of 3/20, TRU will have all single Skylander figures B1G1 $1.00.

TRU has the racing packs at 50% off today only. If they also have the signs up from the weekly sale for $10 off any racing pack, you could get them to honor both deals. Just got back from getting the land pack.

Also for the week of 3/20, TRU will have all single Skylander figures B1G1 $1.00.
What was your total price for the land pack?

It took 15 minutes and a chain of 3 employees to finally tell me that both discounts would not be simultaneously honored, despite the signage still being up for the $10 off.

As if my hatred for Toys R' Us wasn't already healthy enough.

I don't know if anyone still needs these, but the Sea Racing Pack and the combo packs w/ Terrafin and Gill Grunt are $26.22 for all 3. I bought it just for the Sea pack and will probably trade the rest of the figures for cash at GS.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Exclusive-Superchargers-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B018ZOM55U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1457849289&sr=1-1&keywords=skylanders+superchargers

Also, does anyone know if the B2G3 sale on used figs at GS is still going on?
Someone asked about the B2G3 sale in the disney infinity thread yesterday and it was still active then.

Someone asked about the B2G3 sale in the disney infinity thread yesterday and it was still active then.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been able to sell 5 figures before and buy them right back for less than they gave me with this promo. maybe I'll do it again once I get my 3 pack in the mail.

The buy 2 get 3 free sale at GameStop is great. I sold my collection when I lost interest years ago, but Superchargers got me back in. I was able to buy back most of my collection. How long does this deal last?

I posted this in the Best Buy thread, but thought I would do it here as well.

If you buy a Superchargers starter pack, it's giving you Trap Team starter pack for free. Not sure if it's online only or it can be done in store as well?

Um, does Target have the Superchargers Starter for $30 AND a 50% Cartwheel?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with BB's sale?  On-line, if I put 4 characters in my cart, only 1 gets knocked down to free.

Um, does Target have the Superchargers Starter for $30 AND a 50% Cartwheel?

Also, is anyone else having trouble with BB's sale? On-line, if I put 4 characters in my cart, only 1 gets knocked down to free.
That's a really good deal for the starter set.

Annoying that Best Buys website only gives 1 free. Cannot combine for free shipping.

Also sucks that best buy doesn't even list all the figures online that are currently out,but yet if you went in store you would find them no problem.

bread's done
Back