Official Skylanders Thread

I don't think they will cancel it. Once Amazon sells a certain amount of an item that they lowered in price (usually to clear excess inventory), the price usually goes back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they making any more Eon's Elite figures? Was hoping for a Bash and Zap. It seemed like they're slowly going through all the Spyro's Adventure characters. Really loved the last few repose Elites.

It's hard to go back to paying even 50% off Skylanders now after those Target double dip 50% off cartwheel and recent Amazon sales.

Power Blue Splat now 4.70

Power Blue Gold Rusher vehicle is 7.68

They all keep dropping slowly.  Think I will grab Splat just in case it goes back up

edit: checked the other characters too mostly not good prices, but I do see Frightful Fiesta is 4.75

Are Buzz Wing and Thrillipede the last Skylanders being released?

I was hoping for some more Eon's Elite figures to finish out all the Spyro's Adventure characters.

I was hoping for some more Eon's Elite figures to finish out all the Spyro's Adventure characters.
There were only 6 Eon's Elites this year, and all were out prior to Christmas. Boomer, Dino Rang, Ghost Roaster, Slam Bam, Zook and Voodod. If you need them they can be bought fairly cheaply at various stores (Target and Amazon, notably).

TRU has Buzz Wing and Thrillipede (regular) up for shipping right now, although full price (you can get free shipping if you order both). They first went up a few weeks ago when the 20% off sale was going on. There may be a sale next week, but I'm not sure. Rumor is they will be in store on the 24th, but I've heard of some stores putting out Buzz Wing already. TRU ships figures often in a bubble mailer, so if you care about packaging, keep that in mind.

And yes, they are the last releases for the year unless they do some not in game variant (unlikely given the drop in demand for figures this year). All figures/variants that show up in Superchargers have been released.

I thought people would prefer not having so many variants so less money needed for the collection, and seriously why they released some many variants for the same characters other than the reason of grabbing money from the hardcore collectors?

So any news on 2016 Skylanders?
Looks like "Warriors" might be the name from a new Calendar spotted at stores.

Will probably be revealed at E3 next month.

On another note

target cartwheel coupon for 75% off vehicles and figures and 60% off starter packs. Coupons expire 5/28

^^^I haven't seen any single pack Superchargers at Target besides Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Splat, Splatter Splasher, or Stealth Stinger in months. Good luck to those who manage to find any others to take advantage of the Cartwheel deal.

Big Bubble Pop Fizz and Splat are the new Head Rush, which Target still has an army of.

^^^I haven't seen any single pack Superchargers at Target besides Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Splatt, Splatter Splasher, or Stealth Stinger in months. Good luck to those who manage to find any others to take advantage of the Cartwheel deal.

Big Bubble Pop Fizz and Splatt are the new Head Rush, which Target still has an army of.
Same here, and why didn't clear out the trap team first? still many Nitro Head Rush and traps at regular price

Has anyone ever found a Light element trap in any store?

I've never seen a single light trap only the one included in the pack with the character.

I've never seen a single light trap only the one included in the pack with the character.
Gamestop was about the only place I ever saw one. They had an exclusive with a pre-trapped villian for one of their Skylander Day.

do you have pictures of this? i'm part of a pretty big skylanders forum and this info would be appreciated.

leaked images of a new character. HYPE

13181555_827276794071570_1796981382_n.jpg

I randomly found a Light/Dark trap at a Walgreens about 3 months ago, never hurts to look. Spotted a Kaos trap at another WG a few weeks ago too.

I randomly found a Light/Dark trap at a Walgreens about 3 months ago, never hurts to look. Spotted a Kaos trap at another WG a few weeks ago too.
I've seen all of the standard traps at Walgreens over the past couple months, but have yet to see a Kaos, Light or Dark trap at the half dozen WG I've checked.

^^^I haven't seen any single pack Superchargers at Target besides Big Bubble Pop Fizz, Splat, Splatter Splasher, or Stealth Stinger in months. Good luck to those who manage to find any others to take advantage of the Cartwheel deal.

Big Bubble Pop Fizz and Splat are the new Head Rush, which Target still has an army of.
My Target seemed to have a lot - granted, these are the first Superchargers figures I've picked up since I usually wait until they start really slashing the prices on the old sets to start grabbing any TTL figures. I managed to get:

Splat

Big Bubble Pop Fizz

Dive-Clops

Stormblade

Sky Slicer

Dive Bomber

Burn Cycle

Nitro Stealth Stinger (marked Target exclusive)

I didn't notice until I was back at home, but the discount did NOT automatically apply to the Nitro Stealth Stinger so I'll have to go back by tomorrow & get them to fix that. It's on my way home from work anyway. Will probably pick up the others I left behind - I remember a purple vehicle that I think was water element, and the Eagle-looking figure that's a carryover from past games. There were a few more I think.

My Target seemed to have a lot - granted,

I didn't notice until I was back at home, but the discount did NOT automatically apply to the Nitro Stealth Stinger so I'll have to go back by tomorrow & get them to fix that. It's on my way home from work anyway. Will probably pick up the others I left behind - I remember a purple vehicle that I think was water element, and the Eagle-looking figure that's a carryover from past games. There were a few more I think.
That isn't "a lot" considering how many superchargers figures are there probably 4 times than those.

Wish you good luck on the Nitro figures, I managed to get the CS manually applied once, but the 2nd time was told the cartwheel excludes the Target exclusive figures (though I'm sure Infinity cartwheel offers applied to Yoda FX).

Buy 1 get 2 Free at Toysrus on Skylanders

Not sure how long its good for didn't see a date set anywhere.

Also new skylanders game is supposed to be offically revealed tomorrow.

Called Skylanders Imaginators

here's the info i could find on it.

Info was taken from darkpyro.net

Story

The story of Skylanders Imaginators takes place long ago when the Ancients used a mysterious power known as "Mind Magic" to create everything in Skylands. With it, they conjured into existence anything that they could imagine! However, they soon learned that in the wrong hands, it could be very dangerous, and so they sealed it away so that it could never be misused. After discovering this ancient secret, Kaos has unleashed the power of "Mind Magic" into Skylands once again - and he is using it to create an unstoppable army of Doomlanders, the likes of which have never been seen! Now it's up to Portal Masters to create Skylanders Imaginators from their own imagination and stop Kaos and his evil Doomlanders before it is too late. And to help train them, Eon is sending the greatest mystic warriors of all time - the Senseis!
Characters

For new playable characers there will be 20 brand new Skylander Senseis along with 11 former villains.

Along with their element each Sensei will also have a Battle Class such as Knight, Sorcerer, Brawler, etc.

Characters known so far include Master King Pen, Golden Queen, and Tri Tip.

Creation Crystal

Included in the Starter Pack is a Fire Creation Crystal, this allows you to create and store your very own custom Fire element Skylander. To create a Skylander of a different element you'll need to purchase a Creation Crystal of that element.

Starter Pack

In the Starter Pack you will get the Water Sensei Master King Pen, the Earth Villain Golden Queen, and a Fire Creation Crystal. The portal included appears to be similar in style to the Swap Force portal.

There will also once again be a Dark Edition of the Starter Pack, contents unknown at this time.

Platforms

So far it appears that the game will only be appearing on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the Wii U. That means no Wii or 3DS versions.

do you have pictures of this? i'm part of a pretty big skylanders forum and this info would be appreciated.
Well, I'm an idiot.

I was searching "Skylanders 2016" and kept coming across "World of Warriors" Pictures so my brain connected them, when I shouldn't have. Sorry about that.

The premise for the new game sounds good, but I'm not happy about the return to the Trap Team style of having to buy ten thousand different things to be able to do everything.  Ten elements, ten battle classes, and ten creation crystals, so probably at least $300 to get everything :(

I like the vehicle and relatively low number of new Skylanders (though hate the repose with different abilities) of the Superchargers. Superchargers also offered more replay as a result of the added racing stuff. Only game I got both the PS4 & PS3 platinums for, so my kid and I have played it quite a bit

It's officially announced

"Skylanders Imaginators"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/01/new-skylanders-lets-you-create-your-own-characters?abthid=574ece6e6e9100296700000b

"2016’s Skylanders game allows players to completely create and customize their own Skylanders, using a robust in-game character creation menu. The premise is adorably inspired by the hundreds of drawings kids have sent to Toys for Bob - the series’ developers - of their own Skylanders designs, and is, fittingly, called ‘Skylanders Imaginators'"

[attachment=22157:SI_Crystal_7dFIRE_FINAL_NoGlow_HiRes.jpg]

"The new customization system is neatly tied into the game’s story, too, and even more creatively tied into the Skylanders Toys-To-Life system - your created Skylanders will live on physical ‘Creation Crystals’, like a Pokemon to a Pokeball. The Creation Crystals are cylinder ‘toys’ that are activated on your portal, and will save your Skylander to be transported and used across any console, at any time, which is particularly appealing for local co-op play. The Creation Crystals come in different colors that represent their different elements, and stickers to help you identify them from one another."

[attachment=22158:GOldenQueen.jpg]

I was worried Activision's takeaway from Superchargers poor performance was going to be that they needed more stuff to sell with the next one, and I guess I was right to worry.

Yeeesh, $1,465 srp in order to buy all the figures & crystals.
It's a Toys For Bob year, so lots of new plastic to buy. But, it seems that the "roll your own" could occupy most kids for a very long time with a minimum of purchases. It will suck for collectors though, particularly since there is a Dark edition again - although hopefully they do not change the contents of each console's pack ins like last year.

So, what do we have?

20 Skylanders ($15 each)

11 Villains ($15 each)

10 Crystal Thingies ($10 each)

Starter ($75)

Dark Starter ($100)

Unknowns:

Variants, lots and lots of Variants

Almost certainly different models of the Crystals for each element ala Traps

Adventure Packs

Almost certainly different models of the Crystals for each element ala Traps
I would hope they include random models in the 99 Crystals they already announced, but i guess they could always add holiday ones to make it 100+

It doesn't seem like retailers should be all that willing to give Skylanders the amount of shelf space this game looks like it should take up. With superchargers needing 50-75% off sales to move at all, why would Target, TRU and Walmart continue with this much stuff?

It doesn't seem like retailers should be all that willing to give Skylanders the amount of shelf space this game looks like it should take up. With superchargers needing 50-75% off sales to move at all, why would Target, TRU and Walmart continue with this much stuff?
Disney Infinity is dead, and LEGO Dimensions is not getting a sequel, just new figure packs. So, Skylanders can take back all of that shelf space.

Disney Infinity is dead, and LEGO Dimensions is not getting a sequel, just new figure packs. So, Skylanders can take back all of that shelf space.
Except that I would imagine that afer this year retailers are not interested in having nearly that much space dedicated to any of that. Other games, accessories, electronics or almost anything else would probably be a better use of the space pretty much everywhere except TRU. It is not like the toys to life stuff should just get a certain percent of shelf space regardless of sales.

bread's done
Back