Official Skylanders Thread

Yeah I feel they're holding back stuff due to space and remaining old stock. Toys R Us claimed they didn't get Wave 2 but I'm skeptical about that. Anyone have any recommendations on where to look for Wave 2 crystals?

Yeah I feel they're holding back stuff due to space and remaining old stock. Toys R Us claimed they didn't get Wave 2 but I'm skeptical about that. Anyone have any recommendations on where to look for Wave 2 crystals?
ToysRUs.com and Bestbuy.com

I took the UPC from TRU and searched them on BB, got 20% off each crystal.

Ugh.. pissed off about the Ninja and Swashbuckler class.

Gonna say this, after extensive playtime... I like the Sensei more than my own creations.

The imaginators are limited until you open up new options, along with some.. weird design rules and proportions based on class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapest Way to get 100% access to the game

To get 100% access to the game and every level, you need 1 of every Sensei Element and Class, along with every Creation Crystal element, Crash Bandicoot, and the two adventure packs

Base Starter Pack (These come with all starters)

-Golden Queen (Earth Sorcerer)

-King Pen (Water Brawler)

-Fire Crystal

Sensei

Aurora (Light Swashbuckler)

Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger)

Flare Wolf (Fire Bazooker)

Dr. Krankcase (Tech Quickshot)

Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

Wild Storm (Air Knight)

Hood Sickle (Dark Sentinel)

Adventure Packs

Gryphon Park Observatory

-Air Strike (Air Brawler)

-Earth Crystal

Treehouse

-Boom Bloom (Life Ninja)

-Air Crystal

Crash Pack (Comes with the Crash Starter for PS3/PS4, or bought separately)

-Crash Bandicoot (Life Brawler)

-Dr. Neo Cortex (Tech Sorcerer, WHY is he Sorcerer!?)

Crystals

Dark Crystal

Life Crystal

Light Crystal

Magic Crystal

Tech Crystal
Undead Crystal
Water Crystal

The Dark Pack comes with a Wolfgang (Undead Bowslinger), and two more crystal (Life and Dark) for $100. If you purchase this one, buy Pain-yatta (Magic Smasher), instead of Buckshot (Magic Bowslinger). Do not buy Chopscotch (Undead Smasher)

There you go, the cheapest way to get access to every area and level in the game with as few duplicate powers/elements.

You can buy Crystals early, and get another with the adventure packs, but that's up to you. Most of the character will be released before Christmas 2016.

Anyone else annoyed that magic items and those chest are one time uses?
One time use per save file.

And the cheapest way to 100% see the game does require Wave 3 stuff (which will be before Christmas, and if like last year - before Thanksgiving). The list given above also requires Wild Storm, which by all indicators is Wave 4 or 5. If sales are like last year (and what I have seen so far, not many at launch), their schedule will probably be accelerated to generate sales so they don't end up stuck with a bunch of stock. It seem retailers are being very cautious this year, most only got 1-2 of each Sensei.

You can get everything except the second Adventure pack right now, every element and battle class is available in Wave 1 & 2 (and the Amazon Pack that includes Chompy Mage for a Bazooker). The Crash level can be had with the Crash Starter and the Dark Starter has a Dark element crystal (the only one not available separately). Obviously it is more expensive that way, but at least they aren't holding back elements and classes for later waves. Come Wave 3, you can get the second Adventure pack, a Dark element crystal and the Crash pack separately if you don't want two Starters. Obviously if you want all the playable characters and all the moves for your creations (you have to have a Sensei and a Villain for each element for that) you have to wait until they all come out in Wave 5.

One time use per save file.

And the cheapest way to 100% see the game does require Wave 3 stuff (which will be before Christmas, and if like last year - before Thanksgiving). The list given above also requires Wild Storm, which by all indicators is Wave 4 or 5. If sales are like last year (and what I have seen so far, not many at launch), their schedule will probably be accelerated to generate sales so they don't end up stuck with a bunch of stock. It seem retailers are being very cautious this year, most only got 1-2 of each Sensei.

You can get everything except the second Adventure pack right now, every element and battle class is available in Wave 1 & 2 (and the Amazon Pack that includes Chompy Mage for a Bazooker). The Crash level can be had with the Crash Starter and the Dark Starter has a Dark element crystal (the only one not available separately). Obviously it is more expensive that way, but at least they aren't holding back elements and classes for later waves. Come Wave 3, you can get the second Adventure pack, a Dark element crystal and the Crash pack separately if you don't want two Starters. Obviously if you want all the playable characters and all the moves for your creations (you have to have a Sensei and a Villain for each element for that) you have to wait until they all come out in Wave 5.
I said cheapest with least redundancies, not most time efficient.

Though I admit, I didn't realize Wild Storm, and I apologize.. I was going off two sites when I was researching and thought he was part of wave 3.

Thank you!

My local Wal-Mart is really trying to get rid of its remaining stock of Skylanders Superchargers products. Everything was on clearance with every figure being $4, vehicles $6, and everything else like starter and racing packs being $10. Just thought I'd share.

That Imaginators deal is very tempting, but I recall last year I thought I got a great deal on Superchargers on Black Friday and there was an even better deal about two weeks later. If you plan to play it right away, that's still the best bet.

Not the best deal ever, but GameStop has the elusive Land Racing Pack for $14.97. It's the last thing I've been needing for Superchargers and it's not always readily available for a decent price. Some have reported it clearanced at Wal-Mart for less, but YMMV.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/skylanders-superchargers-land-racing-action-pack/128617

Cheapest way to get Skylanders Imaginators?
That Crash Bandicoot deal at Target is awesome! Thought of getting it even though I don't have a PS4, but went with the TRU deal since it's currently the cheapest and I was planning on buying Kaos anyway.

Fudge I just PM'ed Amazon's $40 price at TRU yesterday because I didn't think their $37.50 price was going to show up online. I would return and rebuy but I used a $20 gift card from groupon on that purchase and dont know how that would work with a return. Not to mention I didn't get the free Kaos figure either.

Picked up the Crash kit from Target but would like to pick up Kaos as well, where is the best place for the figures over these next couple days?

Anyone find Jingle Bell Chompy Mage or Legendary Pit Boss while out tonight? Pit Boss has already been found at TRU, and Chompy is supposed to release today/tomorrow.

I got Kaos for 10 bucks on Amazon. After watching the show and seeing some Crash gameplay kinda makes me want to play the new game and that sucks as I sold all of my Skylanders a couple years ago. Truthfully though there's only a few characters I actually miss and would like to get again if so but it still pisses me off about double dipping.

I got Kaos for 10 bucks on Amazon. After watching the show and seeing some Crash gameplay kinda makes me want to play the new game and that sucks as I sold all of my Skylanders a couple years ago. Truthfully though there's only a few characters I actually miss and would like to get again if so but it still pisses me off about double dipping.
Older Skylanders are not necessary with each new installment. They're for people who like a challenge, as they are usually less powerful than current-gen characters.

Anyone find the Target exclusive Solar Flare Aurora? It was one of the few things advertised that was not at my Target.

Also, which Battle Skill(s) do you think is the best for the Imaginator crystals?

If you really want to, you can pick up figure lot on ebay mostly likely cheaper than you have sold them for. These figures don't hold value at all unless for ultra rare ones like light and dark traps.

$1 per regular figures in a lot is usually I target for, more for special like Giants, Swappable or Trap Masters. And I just sold 3 lots of my duplicates.

Considering the deep discount they had put on Superchargers, I don't expect the Imaginators price will stay up that long.

And seems since Superchargers, same figure of new series no longer works with previous games, e.g. Superchargers Jet-Vac and Stealth Elf do not work with any of previous games.

My Toys R Us is lame and keeps everything in the back until stuff up front sells, and now they're being unhelpful about getting stuff from the back. Only was able to get legendary crystals because I had the SKU. Does anyone know the SKU for Legendary Pit Boss?

And seems since Superchargers, same figure of new series no longer works with previous games, e.g. Superchargers Jet-Vac and Stealth Elf do not work with any of previous games.
Well....

The actual 'Supercharger' versions of the previous characters do not.

The Eon's Elite released with Superchargers (and Trap Team) work with all previous games.

There are no 'reposes' of previous characters with Imaginators. The Sensi and Villains are all-new (previously trapped villains not withstanding).

There *are* some three-packs of re-released SWAP Force figures - these are, essentially, the exact same figures that came out with SWAP Force and work with the previous games where applicable.

Is this game worth getting into coming from Disney infinity? Anyone know some cool design I can look up most of there stuff looks super wierd. There's like a white eagle dude I thought seemed cool then I noticed his face was showing and it kinda ruined it for me lol. Anyway if you know some cool characters let me know so I can look em up.

My Toys R Us is lame and keeps everything in the back until stuff up front sells, and now they're being unhelpful about getting stuff from the back. Only was able to get legendary crystals because I had the SKU. Does anyone know the SKU for Legendary Pit Boss?

Didn't know there were legendary crystals - do you still have the SKU? :)

Didn't know there were legendary crystals - do you still have the SKU? :)
These are Toys R Us Exclusive (not sure if you need toys r us sku or upc so I'll put both)

Legendary Life Crystal - (TRU SKU) AE69806A - (UPC) 696055257782

Legendary Magic Crystal - (TRU SKU) 3FFCF224 - (UPC) 696055257805

Legendary Light Crystal - (TRU SKU) 54C6581F - (UPC) 696055257799

These each have a mini comic packed in like the legendary traps they had during trap team. You don't happen to have the TRU SKU for Legendary Pit Boss do you?

These are Toys R Us Exclusive (not sure if you need toys r us sku or upc so I'll put both)

Legendary Life Crystal - (TRU SKU) AE69806A - (UPC) 696055257782

Legendary Magic Crystal - (TRU SKU) 3FFCF224 - (UPC) 696055257805

Legendary Light Crystal - (TRU SKU) 54C6581F - (UPC) 696055257799

These each have a mini comic packed in like the legendary traps they had during trap team. You don't happen to have the TRU SKU for Legendary Pit Boss do you?
This is what was on my receipt (above) - is this not it? 047875879461

*edit* Oh, that's the product UPC. I dunno where to find the SKU then...

Wave 3 has shown up at ToysRUs, street dated for the 27th

EnchantedElvenForest_11_27.png

I haven't been in almost a year but the Toy's R Us left in my area has a giant section in the back and a giant section up front this time of year usually. If you need old ones it's great place to walk back there and look through Spyro Gen 1 figures even that are still in stock. They've closed all the stores in my area that aren't in Tourist town so the couple left are like super stores and dumping grounds.

I noticed that GameStop has the SuperChargers starter packs for $9.99 this weekend. My son loves Skylanders as well as LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity (RIP), but I haven't gotten any installments since Trap Team. If I picked up SuperChargers, are there any recommended other figures to go with it? I honestly am a CAG so know my son would like Imaginators as well, but I tend to wait for these to go on clearance. 

So there should be a Dark Crystal in wave 3 correct? It's the last thing we need so my son has at least one of each element crystal and character wise.
No. Only in a not seen yet in the US triple pack. It does NOT have a single pack for a Dark crystal yet. The only way to get the Dark crystal through Wave 3 is the Dark Starter, a three pack with it and the eight pack. Neither the three or eight pack have seen a US release. Maybe it will come out in Wave 4 in a single, but that is unknown so far.

As far as "Wave 3", TRU had the crystals earlier this week (only the Fire single was new, the rest were just new molds of singles already available), and the Treehouse Adventure Pack for tomorrow (it is street dated now, but wasn't on Thursday, a friend at TRU rang it up and it wasn't locked then). The singles (five new ones) are still unknown for the US, but will probably be in the next few weeks. And the new Sensei/crystals hopefully soon.

I noticed that GameStop has the SuperChargers starter packs for $9.99 this weekend. My son loves Skylanders as well as LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity (RIP), but I haven't gotten any installments since Trap Team. If I picked up SuperChargers, are there any recommended other figures to go with it? I honestly am a CAG so know my son would like Imaginators as well, but I tend to wait for these to go on clearance.
You'll want to get at least one air, land, and sea vehicle, and the character that accompanies it for Supercharger powers. Since the standard starters give you the land vehicle and the character that goes with it, you'll also want to get Stealth Elf's chopper, which covers air, then you just need a water vehicle and driver. I'd recommend either Nightfall or Splat and their respective vehicles. Both play well and have fun/interesting attacks, but have contrasting character designs. Splat is cutesy as can be, while Nightfall is more of a dark (literally: that's her element), sinister type.

No. Only in a not seen yet in the US triple pack. It does NOT have a single pack for a Dark crystal yet. The only way to get the Dark crystal through Wave 3 is the Dark Starter, a three pack with it and the eight pack. Neither the three or eight pack have seen a US release. Maybe it will come out in Wave 4 in a single, but that is unknown so far.

As far as "Wave 3", TRU had the crystals earlier this week (only the Fire single was new, the rest were just new molds of singles already available), and the Treehouse Adventure Pack for tomorrow (it is street dated now, but wasn't on Thursday, a friend at TRU rang it up and it wasn't locked then). The singles (five new ones) are still unknown for the US, but will probably be in the next few weeks. And the new Sensei/crystals hopefully soon.
Does anyone know what senseis/crystals are set to be released in each wave, or at least the ones that haven't been released yet?

Does anyone know what senseis/crystals are set to be released in each wave, or at least the ones that haven't been released yet?
Wave 3 will have new singles:

Bad Juju

Chain Reaction

Flare Wolf

Buckshot

Pit Boss

New doubles (these haven't been widely distributed in earlier waves):

Dr. Krankcase (not new) with Tech Crystal

Painyatta with Magic Crystal

New Level Packs:

Crash Bandicoot/Dr. Neo Cortex with Thumpa Wumpa Islands

Boom Bloom/Air Crystal with Enchanted Elven Forest

And some variants sprinkled here and there.

You'll want to get at least one air, land, and sea vehicle, and the character that accompanies it for Supercharger powers. Since the standard starters give you the land vehicle and the character that goes with it, you'll also want to get Stealth Elf's chopper, which covers air, then you just need a water vehicle and driver. I'd recommend either Nightfall or Splat and their respective vehicles. Both play well and have fun/interesting attacks, but have contrasting character designs. Splat is cutesy as can be, while Nightfall is more of a dark (literally: that's her element), sinister type.
Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can pick up used. I did get SuperChargers for 9.99.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw it today at the store. Hoping for a better deal before Christmas.

Isn't GameStop supposed to be having a "Skylanders Day" coming in December?
Skylanders Days usually have good deals. Last year, it was buy 1 get 1 free on all Superchargers drivers and vehicles. It was also the place to go for racing packs. Hopefully they'll continue that trend this year.

bread's done
Back