Official Skylanders Thread

Expansion level packs included? It's a bit of a drive for me wish I knew a reliable way to see stock before I went :/ how long is the sale?

Last edited by a moderator:
Frustrated, this morning they had Starcast but by the afternoon they were sold out... They had almost all the others in Stock though. Needed Wolfgang and Starcast. Got the two adventure packs instead. Blah.

Noticed yesterday at Walmart that Figures are $12.44 now regular price and crystals are $7.44 and the crash pack with the two characters is now $19.88. The mystery chests packs were cheaper then normal price as well but not sure on it since we didn't buy any.

Did let the kids pick up a cystal each and the crash pack.We're still holding out to see if Skylanders is gonna get cancelled or not before buying anymore since if it does then prices will go the same route as DI 3.0

Cartwheel shows crystals 20% off, are they also bogo or just sensei's? Hoping target has the stinking Wolfgang and Starcast we need... May take a trip over there tonight and check it out

How do you join the Skylanders club at Gamestop?
With a wink of course. Actually just ask them to add it to your Power Up Rewards account. Joining the Skylanders Club is free.

Anyone have any hints as to when the next wave is coming out?

Went to target this morning to pick up other non game related items and decided to swing by electronics to check out the restock... turns out they didn't get ANY in today which sucked. They still had the one Starcast I really wanted but no Wolfgang to take advantage of the BOGO sale going right now. Went ahead and picked up Juju and plan to go in and exchange next week if they get something I want.

When do Painyata and others release? Do we know yet?

Is Gamestop still a good place to get used Skylanders? Wanted to pick up a complete element set. They used to have buy so many, get so many free.

Not any more. You're a month too late. There was a 10/$20 promo plus stores stopped taking them in so whatever you see out there now are scraps.

Thanks. I will probably swing by a local Gamestop in the next couple days and see what they have.
My local Toys R Us is still running the Buy 1 get 2 free on skylanders and disney Infinity. Also starter sets are $14.99 for past entries my son had giftcards from the holidays and got Superchargers Ps4 starter set for $14.99 and then got 3 vehicles for the price of one.

Went to a Gamestop today and got 10 figures for about $16. They had maybe 20 more, at most, with multiples of that Food Fight one and Stealth Elf.

Also was able to get the Bowser Supercharges set for $10.

Bit on Skylanders Imaginators Portal Owner's pack for PS4/XB1 from Walmart at $16.96. More or less an impulse purchase, but the kids have been looking to add this one to the collection. Store pickup was available, so another plus! Gotta figure it won't go much cheaper than this until the holidays ... especially with the Switch version (albeit the full starter pack) hitting the market at a wallet busting $59.99 MSRP. 

Great News!

Instead of making a "New Game" this year, they are following the Dimensions route.

This year will see additional content packs and free DLC added to Imaginators rather than an entirely new game in 2017!

“In 2017, rather than releasing a new console title, we will be supporting the award-winning Skylanders Imaginators with multiple Adventure Packs, new characters, and new in-game content.” ~ Thomas Tippl, Activision Blizzard COO

“In addition, as Thomas mentioned, the Skylanders franchise will not have a full game console release this year, but we will continue to engage the community and drive player investment through new toys and digital content.” ~ Dennis Durkin, Activision Blizzard CFO

When the hell did Imaginators Kaos become so hard to find? I incorrectly assumed that since he was a free giveaway by many stores in December, he would be easily obtainable later on when I finally got the game.

Looks like I'll have to wait until there's a sudden overstock of him like the Trap and Trophy.

When the hell did Imaginators Kaos become so hard to find? I incorrectly assumed that since he was a free giveaway by many stores in December, he would be easily obtainable later on when I finally got the game.

Looks like I'll have to wait until there's a sudden overstock of him like the Trap and Trophy.
I have a friend who literally didn't know he came free with day 1 copies of Imaginators, and refused to go back and get his Kaos...

I was afraid that might happen and waited until the starter packs were $37.49 during Black Friday at TRU online with Kaos for free even though I didn't like paying that much after Superchargers dropped to $15, 6 months after it was released. Maybe they will reprint Kaos?

Great News!

Instead of making a "New Game" this year, they are following the Dimensions route.

This year will see additional content packs and free DLC added to Imaginators rather than an entirely new game in 2017!

“In 2017, rather than releasing a new console title, we will be supporting the award-winning Skylanders Imaginators with multiple Adventure Packs, new characters, and new in-game content.” ~ Thomas Tippl, Activision Blizzard COO
“In addition, as Thomas mentioned, the Skylanders franchise will not have a full game console release this year, but we will continue to engage the community and drive player investment through new toys and digital content.” ~ Dennis Durkin, Activision Blizzard CFO

Indeed this is good news! I'd written it off for dead!

Sooo I saw Painyatta and Grave Clobber and the two Easter variants at Target today... had all of them in my hands but realized that the current B2G1 video gams deal did me no good cause didn't want either variant so I put it all back. I already have the normal version of the variants and don't want doubles :( They also had dark and undead crystals today too which I don't usually see. I'm still missing Wolfgang from initial launch figures and I can't find him anywhere now esp not on sale :(

Sooo I saw Painyatta and Grave Clobber and the two Easter variants at Target today... had all of them in my hands but realized that the current B2G1 video gams deal did me no good cause didn't want either variant so I put it all back. I already have the normal version of the variants and don't want doubles :( They also had dark and undead crystals today too which I don't usually see. I'm still missing Wolfgang from initial launch figures and I can't find him anywhere now esp not on sale :(
Wolfgang's figure is ugly as sin. Be thankful you didn't get him.

Terrible News!

Fixed. I hate Skylanders and I just know that this is going to put Crash on the backburner. I was hoping to see a new Crash game as well as the Trilogy remake, and maybe even a new Spyro game since they were (hopefully) cancelling Skylanders and now I see that they aren't. I don't even have a meme for how utterly disappointed I am.

What are some thoughts on the Switch version of Imaginators?

Apparently you can perma unlock every character by scanning them in with the right joy con twice.

Since you can scan some of the figures through the package, I've read where people are considering getting one of each figure off the shelf, either scanning them in, while in the store, or even just buying them, scanning them all while in the car and then just walking back in and returning them.

Any thoughts about this? I couldn't imagine It'd be too hard to fill up a cart with a few figures and then just take them to say like the shoe isle, pop squat and scan some dudes in.

If someone asked what you are doing you could always say your trying the Characters before you buy them.

What are some thoughts on the Switch version of Imaginators?

Apparently you can perma unlock every character by scanning them in with the right joy con twice.

Since you can scan some of the figures through the package, I've read where people are considering getting one of each figure off the shelf, either scanning them in, while in the store, or even just buying them, scanning them all while in the car and then just walking back in and returning them.

Any thoughts about this? I couldn't imagine It'd be too hard to fill up a cart with a few figures and then just take them to say like the shoe isle, pop squat and scan some dudes in.

If someone asked what you are doing you could always say your trying the Characters before you buy them.
It feels like a lazy port. Racing was cut from the game, which is a bummer because the idea of a portable racer other than Mario Kart sold me on it. Playing Skylanders on a handheld is pretty cool though.

I scanned in all my characters and I'm preparing to sell all but my favorites on eBay.

It feels like a lazy port. Racing was cut from the game, which is a bummer because the idea of a portable racer other than Mario Kart sold me on it. Playing Skylanders on a handheld is pretty cool though.

I scanned in all my characters and I'm preparing to sell all but my favorites on eBay.

Are you serious? The best part of Imaginators was that they carried the racing over.

Are you serious? The best part of Imaginators was that they carried the racing over.
Yep. Now there's a character standing there that will save progress back to your figures. Laziest part is he's the only one in the game with no voice acting.

Also the racing stuff is in the background in all the cutscenes, but gone on the MAP. I seriously have no idea why they dropped it, ESPECIALLY since it was in the Wii U version.

Does anyone know if GameStop is going to get the Wave 4 or Easter variants in? There is no listing for them on their website and the store I stopped in this morning had no info in their system on them. I just need Grave Clobber and the Easter Flare Wolf but I have 2 coupons for free figures through the Skylanders club I would prefer to use but also don't want to wait and find out they're not getting them and have everyone else sell out.

Well, finally got the Dark Crystal, so after I pick up a Pain Yatta, I think it's time to wait until Imaginators hits the dump bins, buy 1 get 2 and 75% off sales. 

Well, finally got the Dark Crystal, so after I pick up a Pain Yatta, I think it's time to wait until Imaginators hits the dump bins, buy 1 get 2 and 75% off sales.
They're going to be adding new scenarios, characters and levels up through 2018.
Imaginators season 2 this fall

bread's done
Back