Official Skylanders Thread

Figure I'd ask some of the experts here...

If I have a working portal from Superchargers, a few old Skylanders, and a disc only copy of Imaginators, could I play Imaginators? Or is a crystal required? Just asking because I don't care about character creation, and disc only copies are cheap pre-owned at Gamestop.

Thanks in advance for any help!
i thought someone said over 50% of the game is locked behind the new figures you will need

i thought someone said over 50% of the game is locked behind the new figures you will need
There're four levels (to date) that need adventure packs to access, and there are ten fairly short bonus levels that require elemental senseis to access. Those are the only levels that are locked, and they're hardly over 50%. Finishing the game with only the starter pack characters and all they give access to might indeed give a completion percentage of less than 50%, but completion percentages are not the same as actual gameplay. The game is fun and has enough content to warrant playing right out of the box.

Last edited by a moderator:
There're four levels (to date) that need adventure packs to access, and there are ten fairly short bonus levels that require elemental senseis to access. Those are the only levels that are locked, and they're hardly over 50%. Finishing the game with only the starter pack characters and all they give access to might indeed give a completion percentage of less than 50%, but completion percentages are not the same as actual gameplay. The game is fun and has enough content to warrant playing right out of the box.
I think the original question asked was the OP only has the Imaginators disc (used from GS) and does not have any Imaginator/Sensei figure.

I don't remember when I started the game if it required at least 1 Sensei, but in Superchargers, you needed a Supercharger figure start the game. Since there is a portal owner pack, so Sensei probably not needed.

Portal owners pack (retail) for Imaginators came with the disc and one crystal. So my guess is that at least one crystal is needed. It didn't come with a Sensei, so that should be optional.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Portal owners pack (retail) for Imaginators came with the disc and one crystal. So my guess is that at least one crystal is needed. It didn't come with a Sensei, so that should be optional.

No, a crystal is not required. But to experience the biggest selling feature of Imaginators, you need one. You spend the entire game collecting hundreds of parts to make characters, if you have no crystals then that would be pretty pointless.

Senseis are required to access the bonus elemental levels, the main appeal of which are the ability to get exclusive creation parts, including a complete character set (werewolf, birdman, etc), new voices, and other sound effects that can't be found elsewhere. They are not required to access the main levels or to beat the game.

BTW, for anyone who wants to get Imaginators on a second system, walmart.com has all of their Portal Owners packs for less than $20, with PS4 and a few other systems for under $15.

The biggest downfall of the game is that despite having hundreds and hundreds of parts, you can use the best stuff when your character reaches level 6 (which you can do early on).  That means you spend the vast majority of the game collecting stuff that does nothing for your character's progression. They should have spread the tiers out more or added more of them. 

The biggest downfall of the game is that despite having hundreds and hundreds of parts, you can use the best stuff when your character reaches level 6 (which you can do early on). That means you spend the vast majority of the game collecting stuff that does nothing for your character's progression. They should have spread the tiers out more or added more of them.
I'd rather have it where the parts had no effect on your stats. For me, the fun in collecting everything was being able to make precisely the creation you want. What would have made it better would be a gender and race/species selector, as there were very few female parts, and some of the non-human races/species had only one option for each part. Even skin color could not be independently changed, as doing so would affect other features, and there were weird discrepencies, such as ear color being tied to hair color, so if you wanted your ears to match your body, your hair had to be the same color as your skin. I was still able to create a nice, diverse army with a seductive fish woman, a barbarian who makes Thor look like a wuss, Gearshift's long lost sister, an angel, and a devil. The body size options were real nice, improving on the previous standard holder, Soul Calibur V, and each voice option used a different voice actor based around an archetypal theme (hero, vampiress, cowboy, etc). This gave each character a unique personality, and when you add in the various effects and distortion options, it was possible for two (or more) characters to use the same voice without it seeming redundant.

There is a glitch on TRU's website. Many Superchargers figures and vehicles including Eon's Elite are $5.99 and stacking with B1G3 free. $1.50 for Eon's Elite is probably the best it is going to get but only Voodood, Slam Bam and Zook are available and not all the Superchargers items are available for store pickup.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice&fv=2254197&fg=Category&ff=Taxonomy&sr=1&origkw=superchargers&categoryId=66253666&fd=&page=1&searchSort=TRUE

Like all TRU glitches, it will probably be fixed soon where the B1G3 free will be removed.

Added one of each to my cart but the sale isn't going through at checkout even though all the Skylanders say buy 1 get 3 free

There is a glitch on TRU's website. Many Superchargers figures and vehicles including Eon's Elite are $5.99 and stacking with B1G3 free. $1.50 for Eon's Elite is probably the best it is going to get but only Voodood, Slam Bam and Zook are available and not all the Superchargers items are available for store pickup.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?s=A-StorePrice&fv=2254197&fg=Category&ff=Taxonomy&sr=1&origkw=superchargers&categoryId=66253666&fd=&page=1&searchSort=TRUE

Like all TRU glitches, it will probably be fixed soon where the B1G3 free will be removed.

The biggest downfall of the game is that despite having hundreds and hundreds of parts, you can use the best stuff when your character reaches level 6 (which you can do early on). That means you spend the vast majority of the game collecting stuff that does nothing for your character's progression. They should have spread the tiers out more or added more of them.
The game is hard enough or long enough to really have sufficient "progression". Particularly with Imaginators and their abbreviated Skill Trees. I go with what I want my figure to look like.

Besides, only the Weapons/Accessories actually have stats. The main body parts have no effect on your abilities or power.

You keep getting weapons as well as body parts throughout the game, but what's the fun in getting new equipment that does nothing for you except cosmetically? Guess I'm not into Barbie dress up. It's like playing Borderlands where you're constantly picking up useless equipment. Lame.

Just got Skylanders Imaginators for the Switch
(Was $5 at a used game store, cartridge and case only)

While it's still fun as hell, the fact you have to scan every single one of your Skylanders twice to make them usable.. is.. annoying.

Awesome pickup!

It's dumb that you have to scan them twice and that there isn't any sorting option, but having them all scanned makes it super worth it to me.

Just got Skylanders Imaginators for the Switch
(Was $5 at a used game store, cartridge and case only)

While it's still fun as hell, the fact you have to scan every single one of your Skylanders twice to make them usable.. is.. annoying.

Awesome pickup!

It's dumb that you have to scan them twice and that there isn't any sorting option, but having them all scanned makes it super worth it to me.
Is the Scan Twice only for owned, or new as well?

Also, why does scanning take SO long on the PRO controller?

Having just jumped back in to Skylanders (bought everything for the first 2 games) I'm keeping an eye on this thread in hopes of finding new deals for Imaginators and creation crystals.

Gamestop has many of the older versions of Skylanders starter packs (Trap Team, Superchargers, etc.) on clearance from $5-$10.  Also the Dark versions of games (that originally retailed for $99) for $10-$16 'ish.  Make sure to join/add the Skylanders Adventure Club to your Gamestop membership before you buy anything from Gamestop and you get 1 free figure for every 5 purchased. I believe only in store purchases count towards the buy 5 get 1 free, unsure of website purchases. Many of the starter packs count the figures in the bundle towards this so for example if you buy a Dark starter (which contains 5 figures) you will get a coupon in your PowerUp Rewards active offers a few days later and you can use that for a Free Imaginators (or other $14.99 or less) figure.

Gamestop has many of the older versions of Skylanders starter packs (Trap Team, Superchargers, etc.) on clearance from $5-$10. Also the Dark versions of games (that originally retailed for $99) for $10-$16 'ish. Make sure to join/add the Skylanders Adventure Club to your Gamestop membership before you buy anything from Gamestop and you get 1 free figure for every 5 purchased. I believe only in store purchases count towards the buy 5 get 1 free, unsure of website purchases. Many of the starter packs count the figures in the bundle towards this so for example if you buy a Dark starter (which contains 5 figures) you will get a coupon in your PowerUp Rewards active offers a few days later and you can use that for a Free Imaginators (or other $14.99 or less) figure.
To add to this. I am not sure how long ago but toys r us added GameStop to their price match policy and unsually has a lot of the older starter sets in stock. My local store had no problem price matching a dark starter pack and some of the 99 cent figures and traps a couple months back.

Toys R Us has many of the older Skylanders figures as Buy 1 Get 4 FREE.  This is online, but I am unsure if it works in store.  It works on a few of the $3.99 vehicles and the $6.99 characters as well as the $9.99 characters.  This does NOT work on the newer Imaginators figures unfortunately. Happy Hunting !

Has anyone seen Ro-bow for sale in the states yet? And if so where? I've been looking locally but have yet to find him.
Nope, not available here yet. People are starting to think it might not be released like Thrillipede (which was only available online at TRU and a couple stores last fall in small numbers) and the Yawn Traps. Activision has pretty much washed their hands of the console versions of the game, and went out of their way to avoid saying anything about it at E3. Might want to consider importing.

Gamestop has many of the older versions of Skylanders starter packs (Trap Team, Superchargers, etc.) on clearance from $5-$10. Also the Dark versions of games (that originally retailed for $99) for $10-$16 'ish. Make sure to join/add the Skylanders Adventure Club to your Gamestop membership before you buy anything from Gamestop and you get 1 free figure for every 5 purchased. I believe only in store purchases count towards the buy 5 get 1 free, unsure of website purchases. Many of the starter packs count the figures in the bundle towards this so for example if you buy a Dark starter (which contains 5 figures) you will get a coupon in your PowerUp Rewards active offers a few days later and you can use that for a Free Imaginators (or other $14.99 or less) figure.
You have to have a Pro membership to join the Skylanders club.

My son recently got into Superchargers and we were thrilled the TRU Buy 1 get 4 free on Supercharger figures and earlier sets were still active. Great deal for those of us late to the game.

My son recently got into Superchargers and we were thrilled the TRU Buy 1 get 4 free on Supercharger figures and earlier sets were still active. Great deal for those of us late to the game.
Late is the best time to get in on this. I've spent hundreds of dollars over the years on these things, to get what you can get for under $50 now. I'd move quick, though, as stores are clearancing out their older stock.

Late is the best time to get in on this. I've spent hundreds of dollars over the years on these things, to get what you can get for under $50 now. I'd move quick, though, as stores are clearancing out their older stock.
I must say the opposite is true for toys r us. The longer time goes on, the more of older stock pops up. I've been seeing figures for trap team and swap force come out of nowhere, and constantly restocked since xmas time. Plus this is at various stores in different states, not just one.

Has anyone in the U.S. found the Lost Imaginite Mines?
It isn't out here. No press, no mention from Activision whatsoever - in fact they pretty much ignored Skylanders at E3. Most people that keep track of this are starting to lean towards it not coming out and looking into importing. It is likely an issue with retailers not being willing to stock more Skylanders at this point knowing they will just have to clearance it out in the near future like everything else.

It isn't out here. No press, no mention from Activision whatsoever - in fact they pretty much ignored Skylanders at E3. Most people that keep track of this are starting to lean towards it not coming out and looking into importing. It is likely an issue with retailers not being willing to stock more Skylanders at this point knowing they will just have to clearance it out in the near future like everything else.
Sadly, I can see that happening.

I just really love the look of Ro-Bow though.

Has anyone been getting skylanders coupons from gamestop?

I've purchased well above the 4 skylanders and haven't received any new coupons since the last time they had skylanders day (a few months back).

Last time the coupons appeared randomly and got a few more than expected so can't really complain. Too much of a hassle to call gamestop customer service and go through my entire buy log to get the coupons. Was hoping it's late for everyone so I can be surprised when I check my active offers for a buffet of coupons.

In reality the only figure i need is Robow and thats still MIA. =[

Has anyone been getting skylanders coupons from gamestop?

I've purchased well above the 4 skylanders and haven't received any new coupons since the last time they had skylanders day (a few months back).

Last time the coupons appeared randomly and got a few more than expected so can't really complain. Too much of a hassle to call gamestop customer service and go through my entire buy log to get the coupons. Was hoping it's late for everyone so I can be surprised when I check my active offers for a buffet of coupons.

In reality the only figure i need is Robow and thats still MIA. =[
I got one last friday from picking up some of the cheap superchargers i was missing.

So um. As I'm typing this, gamestop's gameday sale has $5 off sensei figures adverstised, but each creation crystal is $1.99 and each sensei is $2.49 on their site right now.

So um. As I'm typing this, gamestop's gameday sale has $5 off sensei figures adverstised, but each creation crystal is $1.99 and each sensei is $2.49 on their site right now.
Perfect timing, just as I traded in a ton of stuff for credit. Was waiting for a sale on Sensei since i learned my lesson with waiting as usually you get them really cheap at some point and these prices are perfect to complete collection.

Pretty sure those Gamestop sale prices are a mistake. Been trying to get an order in for the past hour, but keep getting an "Oops!" error on the final checkout page. Anyone else manage to place an order for the $2.49 Senseis?

I expect a cancellation if my order went through though anyway.

When you do store holds via the app it still shows the $2.49 and $1.99 price. I put a few things on hold and will see in a little bit if the prices are valid.

Been trying several different ways and different amounts.  It won't let you check out.  Im debating if screen-shotting is worth it.  As far as in-store pickup, I don't think it shows price on the pick slip that prints out.

Ok.  Got it to go through.  Make sure you add a game, i.e. Skylanders for switch, and dont use the SAVER for free shipping.  I will return the game tot the store, but at least got 3 or so figures at the 2.49 price.

According to Slickdeals it looks like a few people have got orders to go through at the $2.49 and $1.99 prices.

My problem is I keep adding the ones my local stores has that my son doesn't and I don't even think he has played the game in months. I'm up to like 6 guys and I didn't even add any crystals yet.

Sadly, I can see that happening.

I just really love the look of Ro-Bow though.
Import him then, that's what I ended up doing. He is a pretty cool character, and the level is pretty decent. Having collected Skylanders since the beginning, I wasn't about to miss out on the last figure. I think it is going to be your best option at this point. The franchise is toast, every store I've been in recently has majorly minimized their Skylanders area, I just don't see them restocking with new stuff at this point.

Decided to try again to place a Gamestop order a few more times before work just now. Nothing that's been suggested has worked. Tried without SAVER, tried with a game, tried with multiple games, tried store pick-up, tried a second account. Tried removing different combinations of figures. Still getting "Oops!"

Congrats to those who got orders to go through. Hope they actually fulfill some of them. Going to have to give up and wait until the inevitable Best Buy fire sale.

So if these actually ship, do we also get the Free skylander coupon for every 4 we purchased?  This could get interesting.  Ill post an update regarding ship or cancelation when I can.

I don't own the game, but also I don't want to spend $40ish on a starter pack since I feel like they're gonna tank real soon. I did order 5 senseis that my store doesn't have and 2 creation crystals with the pre owned switch version so when it comes in I can play it.

So if these actually ship, do we also get the Free skylander coupon for every 4 we purchased? This could get interesting. Ill post an update regarding ship or cancelation when I can.
I didn't think of that bonus! Would be awesome!

bread's done
Back