Official Skylanders Thread

Thank you for the heads up all! Went to target and toys r us picking up figures I didn't own since the local gamestop really doesn't carry much. Less than $40 total for 15 figures. Not a bad morning.

[attachment=27096:IMG_2884.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
just ordered 16 figures and 2 crystals and another 2 for instore pickup that weren't available online.

Used paypal and it went through.

I considered crystals though couldn't pull the trigger. I saw earth, water, and tech. Perhaps I don't know enough about them. Hope I don't regret passing at $2 each. If I saw dark or light I would have purchased those.

I considered crystals though couldn't pull the trigger. I saw earth, water, and tech. Perhaps I don't know enough about them. Hope I don't regret passing at $2 each. If I saw dark or light I would have purchased those.
This. time around I don't think light is that hard to find. I think dark and fire are the hard ones to get this game.

This. time around I don't think light is that hard to find. I think dark and fire are the hard ones to get this game.

Isn't fire the standard crystal in the box? I've seen dark several times, just never bought any. I'm still working my way through trap team and then on to superchargers.

Isn't fire the standard crystal in the box? I've seen dark several times, just never bought any. I'm still working my way through trap team and then on to superchargers.
Yes, Fire comes in both the starter pack and portal owners pack. Unless you buy the game used, or as a download, you'll get it.

Thank you for the heads up all! Went to target and toys r us picking up figures I didn't own since the local gamestop really doesn't carry much. Less than $40 total for 15 figures. Not a bad morning.

attachicon.gif
IMG_2884.JPG
How did you manage this? There's no sales at either TRU or Target that I am aware of.

Yes, Fire comes in both the starter pack and portal owners pack. Unless you buy the game used, or as a download, you'll get it.
I meant as far as seeing extras on the shelf. My son has 2-3 of all the other ones but we never saw a fire crystal in the wild at least when we were looking for them.

Edit:
Checking Amazon now they seem readily available now for $8

He priced matched the $2.49 glitched price from GS while it was active this morning.
I tried pricematching a few at my local Walmart, but they don't consider GameStop a competitor. Strange considering they'll price match Target and Best Buy when those 2 stores are at least an hours drive away from me and GameStop is just across the street.

I just got shipping confirmation on 5 of my crystals and 3 of my Senseis I got online from GameStop

He priced matched the $2.49 glitched price from GS while it was active this morning.
I tried pricematching a few at my local Walmart, but they don't consider GameStop a competitor. Strange considering they'll price match Target and Best Buy when those 2 stores are at least an hours drive away from me and GameStop is just across the street.
I just got shipping confirmation on 5 of my crystals and 3 of my Senseis I got online from GameStop

Exactly. I went to target and got a handful of figures then went to toys r us to get more that weren't in stock at target. Originally TRU hassled me saying gamestop isn't an official competitor. I pulled up their website and showed them they were incorrect.

I now have a total of 4 shipping confirmations and all 9 senseis and all 6 crystals I ordered are accounted for.

Kinda wish I ordered more now lol

So when can I, or do I expect to see the free skylander coupon for buying quite a few of these guys? 

You know I'm talking about the toys to games things, or maybe you don't?
I'm just kidding around.

I'm in my 30s and my girlfriend and & I really enjoy playing together. By all means everyone is different. For us, it's relaxing and easy for her to play compared to CoD and other fast paced games. Plus she enjoys the thrill of the hunt collecting like I do.

Was every figure available for shipping earlier? I'm missing a few after sweeping up 15 today from PMing at other retailers.
There were at least a couple that I never saw available for shipping, but Wolfgang is the only one that I remember for sure.

Got 7 shipping conf so far. They broke the 4 orders into 7 so far. Sucks that I paid s/h trying to get it to go through, but I can live with it.

Got Tidepool and Blast Tron in store for $9.99ea since those werent on the site.

Got 7 shipping conf so far. They broke the 4 orders into 7 so far. Sucks that I paid s/h trying to get it to go through, but I can live with it.
Got Tidepool and Blast Tron in store for $9.99ea since those werent on the site.
those are the 2 I'm gonna get with the free coupons if I get the coupons

I thought about that too, but I figure getting 30+ senseis for $2.49, I could splurge on 2, lol! Now time to find the expansion level figures!
I'm missing about 5 standalone figures, and two expansions if I'm not mistaken. I have the Crash starter bundle, two gamestop exclusives, and the 15 I grabbed yesterday. The expansions sets never go on sale. Hoping to get a price of $5 or less for those at some point.

I got 8 senseis and 4 crystals all shipped. Now just to get the crash bandicoot pack somewhere on sale. Any hard to find or super useful figures I should be on the lookout for?

EDIT: First time player here, I just got the switch version. Ordered a couple GameStop exclusive guys, as well as ones I thought looked cool. I have the switch starter pack version

Dang cant believe I missed out on the $2.49 sensei's! :(

Was too busy trading in all my backlog for GS credit, didn't see this thread until just now.

Craaaaaaaap

I got a total of 3 free skylander coupons after buying 9 sensei and 6 crystals
So my question is do the crystals count towards the buy 4 get one free or was this just a long ass hold over from when I bought skylanders back in swap force?
Also will using the coupons to get new skylanders count towards the buy 4 get one free to get myself a 4th coupon?

I have 4 coupons!

This is awesome.

Now gotta return rebuy the Tidepool and Blastertron I purchasef.

Does anyone know how credit works if I used points to get the item? Do I get that credited too or is it lost?

I have 4 coupons!
This is awesome.
Does anyone know how credit works if I used points to get the item? Do I get that credited too or is it lost?
im pretty sure the credit is lost if you used a points coupon.
What was your final total on what you got counting the 2 you didn't get for $2?
I'm trying to figure out if crystals were counted towards the buy 4 get 1 lol
Also if I use my free coupons to get 2 figures and the crash adventure pack for $5 would that count as 4 more skylanders to get an additional coupon?

No clue?! Ill report on updates as I try. You do the same. Too bad the expansion packs are $29.99!

[attachment=27124:IMG_1718.JPG]
Cost me $5 of trade in credit after coupons lol
But yeah I'll let you know if I get another coupon in a few days

I have 4 coupons!

This is awesome.

Why the return / rebuy?

I've own six figures total and picked up 15 the other day with the $2.50 sale. Now I'm just missing Kaos, Blastertron, Chompy Mage, Barbella, Boom Bloom, Buckshot, Ro Bow, and Wild Storm. Really wanted the TRU Pit Boss though it's sold out everywhere so I settled on the normal one.

So I asked if the free skylander coupon would work as $14.99 off a starter pack. Manager on duty was like NOOOOOOO. Im like just try it, and he instructed his minions not to even attempt. I washoping to get the switch version for $25 after coupon.

So I asked if the free skylander coupon would work as $14.99 off a starter pack. Manager on duty was like NOOOOOOO. Im like just try it, and he instructed his minions not to even attempt. I washoping to get the switch version for $25 after coupon.
I was thinking of doing that but then I thought the next "skylanders day" they have there may be a special with the starter kits, so I'm gonna hold off.

I asked to join Skylanders club at GS earlier and the employees had no idea what I was talking about.
Many of the stores do not have the little barcode card they need to scan to add it to your account anymore. I will try to track down a promo number or barcode soon...

Zoom in on the coupon and have him scan it without saying what it is for...

PSA The coupons for the free to join "Skylanders Club" to get $14.99 off of any Skylander work on other IGF (Interactive Gaming Figures) like AMIIBO (got 3 BOTW Amiibo this way so far).  If you are not a member you need to add it to your GS PUR account and then for every 4 skylanders you get a 5th Free (coupon appears in your PUR account a few days after purchase.  Seems like it may not be worth it for most CAGs, however certain areas have clearance figures for $0.97-$1.97 each.  Also certain starter packs with 3-5 figures do count towards this total but I to not know which ones...  

Many of the stores do not have the little barcode card they need to scan to add it to your account anymore. I will try to track down a promo number or barcode soon...

I asked to join Skylanders club at GS earlier and the employees had no idea what I was talking about.
I found my original receipt from joining the Skylanders club with a promo code #:

It says "Skylanders Loyalty Card" 321061 promo #16091 , maybe an employee can add it to your account with that info...

PSA The coupons for the free to join "Skylanders Club" to get $14.99 off of any Skylander work on other IGF (Interactive Gaming Figures) like AMIIBO (got 3 BOTW Amiibo this way so far). If you are not a member you need to add it to your GS PUR account and then for every 4 skylanders you get a 5th Free (coupon appears in your PUR account a few days after purchase. Seems like it may not be worth it for most CAGs, however certain areas have clearance figures for $0.97-$1.97 each. Also certain starter packs with 3-5 figures do count towards this total but I to not know which ones...
So any Amiibos???? Do the jr detectives try to deny, or do you just say scan this, get discount, pay difference?

Now I wish I tried to ship. I only tested store pick up that morning and it didn't work. So off I went to target and TRU to pricematch.

Did any try in store at GameStop that morning of the sale?

Now I wish I tried to ship. I only tested store pick up that morning and it didn't work. So off I went to target and TRU to pricematch.
Did any try in store at GameStop that morning of the sale?
I did
I went when they opened at 10am. They rang up $15 in the store, and I showed the manager that they were $2 online
He told me to try to order a "pick up from store" figure using the app. We did that, only one figure went through and we had to wait liked 20 mins before the printer decided to send the store my pickup order. It rang up as $10.
My first order of figures I did before going to the store was all the figures I thought looked cool that weren't at my home store. After I found out I couldn't buy the rest at the store for the same price I stood in GameStop ordering the rest of what I wanted off my phone. I was disappointed that in that time Starcasr went out of stock though.

People have mentioned importing Lost Imaginite Mines. Where have people had good experiences with? Either reply or PM would be appreciated

bread's done
Back