Official Skylanders Thread

Whew, took a while to find this thread.

Just a heads up for anyone still interested in this franchise.

As of yesterday, TRU was still doing the b1g4 on Skylanders. This time it was working on traps (it was not before). Also, my local store brought out a bunch of core figures I hadn't seen before (trap team-priced at .98). Not sure if this was a shipment or if they just found boxes in the back.

Whew, took a while to find this thread.
Just a heads up for anyone still interested in this franchise.
As of yesterday, TRU was still doing the b1g4 on Skylanders. This time it was working on traps (it was not before). Also, my local store brought out a bunch of core figures I hadn't seen before (trap team-priced at .98). Not sure if this was a shipment or if they just found boxes in the back.

I believe these have been constantly replenished from their distribution centers for a while now. I travel often and visit TRUs all over the place. It seems every time I enter one they have brand new older figures nearly every time.

Looks like Five Below started carrying some of the Superchargers 3-Packs. Saw the Roller Brawl and Terrafin combo packs that come with two vehicles. They also still have plenty of Mirror of Mystery and Nightmare Express Adventure Packs.

Looks like Five Below started carrying some of the Superchargers 3-Packs. Saw the Roller Brawl and Terrafin combo packs that come with two vehicles. They also still have plenty of Mirror of Mystery and Nightmare Express Adventure Packs.
For individual pack, $2.98@ B1G4F at TRU is unbeatable. Went to a TRU to return some stuffs, they have 3 big basket of Trap Team and Supercharges figures.

Last edited by a moderator:
B1G4F was done at my TRU.  They had all single Skylanders for 1.00.  It's kind of sad that I put them back today thinking $1 was too much after the B1G4F.

B1G4F was done at my TRU. They had all single Skylanders for 1.00. It's kind of sad that I put them back today thinking $1 was too much after the B1G4F.
They have been doing B1G4F like every other 2 or 3 weeks, from B1G2F $9.99 months ago to $2.98 now. It will come back, if they still have what you want in stock.

At my toysrus store the $1 price was on the double packs with a superchargers character and vehicle too. I think those used to be $2.98 and then had a B1G1 deal so those might be a little cheaper now. Probably also applies to the racing packs, but those were all gone in my area.

Does anyone happen to have gotten in on an extra superchargers land racing pack when these started going super cheap? I still need that one but haven't found one yet.

Anyone seen Kaboom or Gearshift in any Toys R Us stores lately? Those two are the only Trap Masters I'm missing.

TRU restocked pretty much every Swapper and Trap Master except those two, Krypt King and Magna-Charge. Looks like stores even got the less common ones like Blastermind, Grilla Drilla, Boom Jet, and plenty of the light and dark masters. How many of these do they have where they can sell them 5 for $0.98 and 5 for $2.98 and now $1 and there's still stacks and stacks of them?

I haven't seen Kaboom or Gearshift. Those two and Enigma are the only ones I haven't been able to find. Was having trouble finding Swappers during B1G4, only a ton of Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow. Now that that's over I've found a few more but haven't seen Doom Stone, Free Ranger, Hoot Loop, Magna Charge, Rattle Shake, Spy Rise and Stink Bomb.

I got the Sea racing pack today for $1.00 and was going to get Sky but that one was still $3.98. I haven't found many Giants either kinda funny though the ones I have found I guess have been sitting on the shelf so long that they're just falling off the package, few of them were re-stapled too.

I was looking up some skylanders stuff online yesterday and found this. https://www.reddit.com/r/skylanders/comments/7gcbxi/finally_got_my_superchargers_land_racing_pack_for/
Hope this helps.
That's very surprised. The Land Racing Pack I think had only appeared at GameStop and TRU more than 1 year ago briefly before they're sold out. I got that when GS was doing 50% off.

I'm not sure if Activision's inventory management should be blamed, they could have many figures selling at original price if they didn't hide the rare figures at somewhere and many people didn't have to pay top dollar to get them from resellers.

e.g. Knight Light and Knight Mare has been flooding TRU for months, but they're very rare and could be sold for over $30 on ebay a year ago.

I haven't seen Kaboom or Gearshift. Those two and Enigma are the only ones I haven't been able to find. Was having trouble finding Swappers during B1G4, only a ton of Freeze Blade and Trap Shadow. Now that that's over I've found a few more but haven't seen Doom Stone, Free Ranger, Hoot Loop, Magna Charge, Rattle Shake, Spy Rise and Stink Bomb.

I got the Sea racing pack today for $1.00 and was going to get Sky but that one was still $3.98. I haven't found many Giants either kinda funny though the ones I have found I guess have been sitting on the shelf so long that they're just falling off the package, few of them were re-stapled too.
There is a trade off if you wait too long for the price to go lower. I missed the Krypt King when it was $6 (or $9.99 B1G2F) and it hasn't come back yet.

Kaboom and Enigma have been come and go on TRU web site for months, pretty easy to get 2 months ago. The TRU store I went to a few days ago had probably 30+ Enigma in big basket and a few Knight Mare.

There are many swappable to choose from when they're doing $6.99 B1G2F, the stock dried up already. I saw one Spy Rise in the store though.

Gearshift and Doom Stone have never been shown up on TRU during the sale.

Yeah, I'm lucky in a sense that I didn't really have much of anything outside of some original and swap force stuff so I was able to clean up on what they did have. Ended up getting all of the Trap Masters outside of those 3 for like 7 bucks. Now I just have to find a Trap Team starter for PS4 on the cheap.

There is a trade off if you wait too long for the price to go lower. I missed the Krypt King when it was $6 (or $9.99 B1G2F) and it hasn't come back yet.

Kaboom and Enigma have been come and go on TRU web site for months, pretty easy to get 2 months ago. The TRU store I went to a few days ago had probably 30+ Enigma in big basket and a few Knight Mare.

There are many swappable to choose from when they're doing $6.99 B1G2F, the stock dried up already. I saw one Spy Rise in the store though.

Gearshift and Doom Stone have never been shown up on TRU during the sale.
My TRU had several Krypt King and Wild Fire Lion. Shame I already bought them preownwed from GS when they did a b2g3 free or what ever it was to clear out their inventory (which now seems ridiculously expensive after TRU is selling them so cheap).

My TRU had several Krypt King and Wild Fire Lion. Shame I already bought them preownwed from GS when they did a b2g3 free or what ever it was to clear out their inventory (which now seems ridiculously expensive after TRU is selling them so cheap).
Back in those days of the 10 for $20, I bought nearly 100 figures between Skylanders and Disney Infinity. That was before PUR and some other manual discounts. Essentially I paid $1.50 per figure used. Looking back I paid too much!

Lucked out at the Fairmont NY Five Below. Whoever merchandised that store sucks at their job. There was a mini wall built 4 deep, 3 high of the Supercharger 3 pack that comes with terrafin and the two vehicles. I noticed the corner of two of them in the bottom middle looked different. Bam, 2 land racing sets. Was quite an ordeal getting to them of course.

Funny enough I found Spy Rise and Stink Bomb today. Some of the pricing is a bit wacky, all of the vehicles are a dollar except Buzz Wing which was ringing up as $3.98. This one had the Sky Pack for a dollar though so finally got that one.

I have an extra Gearshift if someone is looking for one.  Unopened.  Picked it up at Target ages ago when it went on clearance. Make an offer (w/shipping) and it's yours. 

Finally found a Trap Team starter. I wonder how often they restock. The two I frequent seem to get different stuff every few days.

Everything pre-Imaginators is down to 50 cents now. Finally got a few of the Elites, those were always still 9 bucks but they're 50 cents now too.

They literally keep throwing more Skylanders at stores the second it looks like your TRU is even remotely about to run out of them- the sheer number of these things that keep showing up is astounding and really makes you wonder just how many of these figures were made. Definitely ask if you don't see any at your local store, I can't imagine any store not having more.

I'm shocked this is the fist time stores actually appear to be low on stock for Skylanders with this current sale. Many of the figures I bought last month for 5 for $4 are now gone and removed from the website. In store yesterday I was told many of the figures are discontinued and no longer being shipped to stores. Looks like that's all folks.

I'm shocked this is the fist time stores actually appear to be low on stock for Skylanders with this current sale. Many of the figures I bought last month for 5 for $4 are now gone and removed from the website. In store yesterday I was told many of the figures are discontinued and no longer being shipped to stores. Looks like that's all folks.
Well we are over a year out from the last game (~9 months from last content update), so kind of expected. Infinity lasted a bit longer post final release, but as I understand their figures were waaaay over-produced. At this point retailers just want to re-claim that shelf real estate.

They literally keep throwing more Skylanders at stores the second it looks like your TRU is even remotely about to run out of them- the sheer number of these things that keep showing up is astounding and really makes you wonder just how many of these figures were made. Definitely ask if you don't see any at your local store, I can't imagine any store not having more.
I don't know about other stores, but we've received at least 3 giant pallets of Skylanders in the last couple weeks. Filling up our aisle every night, we've been selling through about 80% of everything that's out during the day. We've even got a couple things that I don't think we had in the past, like the pink rollerblader 2 pack from Super Chargers. I picked up both a Wii and Wii U starter for the Amiibos, and a couple extra characters in case I want to actually play it some. I just wish we had some starters for the other systems still, nothing but Nintendo ones have come.

The store I was at last night looked like they were just about all out of them and then someone wheeled a cart of like at least 15 unopen boxes of more of them to re-stock the shelves. I asked and he said they get big shipments of them still every other day.

And people wonder why TRU is going bankrupt. Activision screwed them up good.
Mine claims they don't price match Gamestop....

They've never been competitive, they seem to think because they are a specialty store they can charge 10-20% more than every other store.

And people wonder why TRU is going bankrupt. Activision screwed them up good.
It depends when TRU got the stock. Might be Activision just gave away their inventory to TRU, since Infinity figures price haven't hit that low yet which they should.

99c stores wasn't screwed by WB when they got loads of early waves of Lego Dimensions... I wish that would happen again.

Mine claims they don't price match Gamestop....

They've never been competitive, they seem to think because they are a specialty store they can charge 10-20% more than every other store.
Normally TRU doesn't but we're supposed to match anywhere that has stuff in stock as long as it isn't clearance or some third-party on Amazon or Walmart right now, through Christmas. The company has a filter on the the internet though, so you'd have to pull it up on a phone which some stores may not want to do.

Personally I think the new Skylanders stock was acquired recently, because we were pretty low on a lot of stuff for a while. They could have finally shifted stuff between districts or something though I guess.

....aaaaand another restock at my local TRU. Dozens of boxes put out this morning, almost 100 Astro racing packs, boatloads of Superchargers vehicles, and about a million Swap Force figures.

They weren’t even loading the shelves. Just dumping them in numerous bins:

[attachment=29079:6E8D5D6E-C09F-48E7-AE8C-7551B4DCF208.jpeg]

New Target Cartwheel deal added just now. 50% Off all Sensei figures, until 12/26. Limit of four per transaction, as is the rule with Cartwheel. But, still a good deal. Basically buy two, get two free. And, save a little more if you have a Target Red Card, thanks to the extra 5% off.

Normally TRU doesn't but we're supposed to match anywhere that has stuff in stock as long as it isn't clearance or some third-party on Amazon or Walmart right now, through Christmas. The company has a filter on the the internet though, so you'd have to pull it up on a phone which some stores may not want to do.

Personally I think the new Skylanders stock was acquired recently, because we were pretty low on a lot of stuff for a while. They could have finally shifted stuff between districts or something though I guess.
What I mean is I literally pull it up on my phone to show them, and the worker says they do not match Gamestop (though they did last year), then will usually either call up front or call a manager back to them, who will reiterate the same point.

(There is one woman though, who just doesn't give a flying fuck and will price match without any questions, as long as I have proof.. so I do enjoy when she's on duty)

The last time this happened was back in October when they were one of the only stores in the area with Xenoblade Chronicles X in stock.

....aaaaand another restock at my local TRU. Dozens of boxes put out this morning, almost 100 Astro racing packs, boatloads of Superchargers vehicles, and about a million Swap Force figures.

They weren’t even loading the shelves. Just dumping them in numerous bins:

attachicon.gif
6E8D5D6E-C09F-48E7-AE8C-7551B4DCF208.jpeg
I think Activision way over estimated the popularity and well.. they are trying to unload as much merch as TRU is.

Now I remember Black Friday 2011 going from store to store trying to fight all the figures I was looking for, and repeating it in 2013...

New Target Cartwheel deal added just now. 50% Off all Sensei figures, until 12/26. Limit of four per transaction, as is the rule with Cartwheel. But, still a good deal. Basically buy two, get two free. And, save a little more if you have a Target Red Card, thanks to the extra 5% off.
Not a bad deal at all. I sweeped up all of the imaginators a while back when GameStop had them for $2.50 each. Never saw anything beat that yet.

The legendary crystals are $0.50 at TRU, or were earlier in the week at least.
Imaginator crystals were $.50 at TRU, like the older figures?

You’re referring to the gold ones, correct? I don’t specifically recall seeing those when I was there this week. Though I didn’t look for them either.

Can those gold ones be used in the game? I've never seen those before. I scanned all the regular ones and they all rang up at $9.99 each.

Can those gold ones be used in the game? I've never seen those before. I scanned all the regular ones and they all rang up at $9.99 each.
Yep. They can.
I'd picked them up months ago because they part of an earlier buy 1 get X free promo, making them much cheaper at the time than buying the normal crystals.

bread's done
Back