Official Skylanders Thread

I originally picked up the crash starter set on PS4 like 2 black Fridays ago on the cheap... and now I barely play the PS4 at all. All our other Skylanders titles are on XB too. What would be the cheapest/easiest way to transition Imaginators from PS4 to XB? Can I use the PS4 portal on XB etc? I haven't even opened it or any of the imaginators yet, Ive been more collecting them this year as they've been on sale haha

I originally picked up the crash starter set on PS4 like 2 black Fridays ago on the cheap... and now I barely play the PS4 at all. All our other Skylanders titles are on XB too. What would be the cheapest/easiest way to transition Imaginators from PS4 to XB? Can I use the PS4 portal on XB etc? I haven't even opened it or any of the imaginators yet, Ive been more collecting them this year as they've been on sale haha
The PS4 portal will work with PS3 and WiiU, but the XB1 portal has a unique USB. I had to buy a separate portal for X1, but you can find the cheap used. The nice thing about Imaginators is that they used old portals. I know Superchargers and Trap Team X1 portals will work.

That's probably the cheapest way to switch platforms, buying a used portal and game. Good luck.

DB

The PS4 portal will work with PS3 and WiiU, but the XB1 portal has a unique USB. I had to buy a separate portal for X1, but you can find the cheap used. The nice thing about Imaginators is that they used old portals. I know Superchargers and Trap Team X1 portals will work.

That's probably the cheapest way to switch platforms, buying a used portal and game. Good luck.

DB
Most likely- especially if you find a Wii U version of Skylanders Superchargers at Toys R Us... it's $1.98.

Though if you do find an Xbox One version, they're like $5-10, so still not exactly expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
attachicon.gif
Buzz.jpg
Very true, we picked up both today.

Does anybody here know if I buy the Portal Owners Pack for Imaginators, it includes everything I would need to get all the achievements?
You can earn most of them, though there are a handful that require a sensei. Certain challenges, like the ones that require you to make it through certain areas without taking a hit will be much more difficult without an overpowered sensei like Mysticat or Kaos.

Anyone check TRU today? Signs said the sales on Skylanders and Infinity ended yesterday so I'm wondering what's next for them. Still seems like they have a lot left.

Sale was still on today. .50 for Skylanders. 1.00 for DI

EDIT: Plus a 15% off coupon for clearance today. Applied to DI, Skylanders, and playmation.

Keep seeing the same ones available, 3 stores so far, conspicuously absent was Fiesta and Crypt Crusher(Sup.Vehicle), and I was hoping to see a spotlight or blackout, anyone find any different good ones? Heres what I found(NOT what I bought):

Astroblast
Legendary Astroblast
Blastermind
Bowser
Chopper
Dive Clops
Dive Clops (Missle-Tow)
Dive Bomber(SV)
Donkey Kong
Deep Dive Gill Grunt
Gusto
Head Rush
Hex
High Volt
Jawbreaker
Jet Stream (SV)
Jet-Vac
Kaboom
Knight Light
Knight Mare
Krypt King
Lob Star
Big Bubble Pop Fizz
Scorp
Short Cut
Smash Hit
Splat
Heavy Duty Sprocket
Spy Rise
Super Shot Stealth Elf
Stink Bomb
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Sky Slicer (SV)    
Soda Skimmer(SV)
Stealth Stinger (SV)
Sea Shadow     (SV)
Shark Tank(SV)
Thunderbolt
Trap Shadow
Tuff Luck
Wildfire

I was wondering, can you plug a Portal into the Switch version when connected to the TV?
I was hoping this would make scanning characters easier (For those who don't know you have to hold and scan characters twice using the Switch right controller, or pro controller.. and it's.. spotty at best)

Not sure if anyone still plays since toysrus doesn't supply these anymore, but the beta for the new game is out for mobile.

Tried using my phone to search for it in the store, but it didn't show up. Had to manually install it from the google play website

lasts until June 25th.

My collection is 100% complete with all the games and regular variants. Have a few duplicates so if there is anything you're looking for let me know.

Skylanders™ Ring of Heroes Beta(Unreleased)

Imaginators starters (PS4, XB1, 360), senseis, the Crash/Cortex pack and the Enchanted Elven Forrest are at Five Below now. $3 for the Senseis and $5 for everything else.

Yeah, I thought they were 5 since they were all just thrown together but the three I picked up all rang up as 3. Just checked their website and they have the Senseis listed at 3 as well.

Imaginators starters (PS4, XB1, 360), senseis, the Crash/Cortex pack and the Enchanted Elven Forrest are at Five Below now. $3 for the Senseis and $5 for everything else.
I wish the local store would get some new stuff in. I think they have one superchargers 3 pack left for the last 2 months, and the same 3-4 Blu-ray movies since they opened.

Much to my surprise the local store actually had Grave Clobber, Elven Forest set, Crash 2 pack, and Xbox One starters. I asked the clerk if they had any more figures since the 1 Grave Clobber was the only one on the shelf, and she said that was all they had. What Sensei's have been found at Five Below?

I have gotten back into Imaginators since the Walmart clearance, and this Five Below find. So I started looking for stuff I didn't have. I have read that Cursed Tiki Temple, and Lost Imaginite Mines were both finally released in the US, but were they extremely limited? I see them only listed by 2nd hand resellers for $75-$125 each. 

The Walmart I found them clearanced first, yesterday had dropped the prices again. Starters were $9, and Portal Owners packs were $5 now. I picked up the PS3 & Xbox 360 Portal owners packs since the games trade-in for $4 at GS to get a couple creation crystals cheap.

Much to my surprise the local store actually had Grave Clobber, Elven Forest set, Crash 2 pack, and Xbox One starters. I asked the clerk if they had any more figures since the 1 Grave Clobber was the only one on the shelf, and she said that was all they had. What Sensei's have been found at Five Below?

I have gotten back into Imaginators since the Walmart clearance, and this Five Below find. So I started looking for stuff I didn't have. I have read that Cursed Tiki Temple, and Lost Imaginite Mines were both finally released in the US, but were they extremely limited? I see them only listed by 2nd hand resellers for $75-$125 each.

The Walmart I found them clearanced first, yesterday had dropped the prices again. Starters were $9, and Portal Owners packs were $5 now. I picked up the PS3 & Xbox 360 Portal owners packs since the games trade-in for $4 at GS to get a couple creation crystals cheap.
My Five Below finds were more or less the same - Quite a few starter packs of just about every system, Crash, and Elven Forest packs, but just 2 sensei: Grave Clobber and Blaster-Tron. Didn't get Clobber because he looks pretty lame, and I am running out of space to put these things, but had to pick up Blaster-Tron. When it comes to a 1950s robot with a sword, I will find a way to make room.

I was hoping to find Elven Forest set but both my local stores don't have it so I ended up buying it along with a Starter Pack online for $17.50 with tax and shipping. More than $5 each but still cheaper than I have seen it at any other stores.

I'm not sure about Cursed Tiki Temple but Lost Imaginite Mines was a Toys R Us Exclusive released around last September. It went on sale a few times, I bought it when it was 50% off for $14.99 last December.

I was hoping to find Elven Forest set but both my local stores don't have it so I ended up buying it along with a Starter Pack online for $17.50 with tax and shipping. More than $5 each but still cheaper than I have seen it at any other stores.

I'm not sure about Cursed Tiki Temple but Lost Imaginite Mines was a Toys R Us Exclusive released around last September. It went on sale a few times, I bought it when it was 50% off for $14.99 last December.
Lost Imaginite Mines wasn't "really" a TRU exclusive, but it turned out to be one. No one else wanted to stock more Skylanders by then, every other store was clearing out the space. And it came out here like 3 months after everywhere else, so even getting to TRU took a very long time. And even then they sat on shelves gathering dust. I got it from Europe because at the time it was questionable whether we would see them at all here.

I got Aurora, Bad Juju, Master Chopstock (the skull guy), and a Fire character... Can't remember the name. There was also a wolf sensei with a big bow and arrow...left that one and am kinda regretting it now. Definitely seems like there is a variety out there.

I got Aurora, Bad Juju, Master Chopstock (the skull guy), and a Fire character... Can't remember the name. There was also a wolf sensei with a big bow and arrow...left that one and am kinda regretting it now. Definitely seems like there is a variety out there.
Other than what you mentioned (already have Aurora and Ember, picked up Bad Juju and Chopscotch though I already have the Mystical and Halloween variant ), I bought the Tidepool, Ambush, Grave Clobber, Blaster-Tron and Wolfgang.

Only 5 left to complete all the sensei (not including variants)

The closing TRU nearby used to have many Imaginators left when it's doing 50% off, but now all gone before doing 70%, while seems no one knows or are interested in even cheaper Imaginators at 5 Below.

The TRU has a big wall of Superchargers vehicles though, and only 7 days left before closing.

Only Starters and Crash Thumpin Wumpa Islands at mine in IL NW suburbs... Got the last PS4 starter.

I was debating skipping this round of Skylanders after collecting almost everything from the previous games, but $10 to start and check it out was too good to pass up.

So is the Crazh pack just 2 figures or does it include a level also? Also does it work on the XB 360 since Crash is a Sony character?

I went back to the local store, and they had set up a table in the aisle with more Imaginators stuff. I was able to get 5 more sensei's that I didn't have.

So, I know this is a really long shot, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway. I finally decided it was time to play through the Skylanders series. I jumped onboard when the game first game out and played the first couple as soon as I got them, but then I decided to wait to finish the series until everything was out. I know it has been a while, but life gets in the way, but I'm finally getting to it. I just started Spyro's Adventure again, so I'm playing it and looking through all my characters and such to make sure I have what I all need. I figure, with no one really collecting anymore, it should be fairly simple to get anything I am missing and for a decent price. Unfortunately, it seems like there may be an exception and I'm hoping someone may have an idea of where I should look. Obviously, I'm a little ways off from Imaginators, but in my research, I realized that I never got Cursed Tiki Temple or Lost Imaginite Mines so I went to see where I could purchase them from and unfortunately it looks like I may have missed my chance to get them. I did make it to a few of the Toy's R Us sales and wasn't able to find it, but I haven't been to fIve below in a while, so I will probably check there for any characters, but I was just hoping someone here may have some more ideas for me to look into. I appreciate any help you guys have!

So, I know this is a really long shot, but I'm gonna put it out there anyway. I finally decided it was time to play through the Skylanders series. I jumped onboard when the game first game out and played the first couple as soon as I got them, but then I decided to wait to finish the series until everything was out. I know it has been a while, but life gets in the way, but I'm finally getting to it. I just started Spyro's Adventure again, so I'm playing it and looking through all my characters and such to make sure I have what I all need. I figure, with no one really collecting anymore, it should be fairly simple to get anything I am missing and for a decent price. Unfortunately, it seems like there may be an exception and I'm hoping someone may have an idea of where I should look. Obviously, I'm a little ways off from Imaginators, but in my research, I realized that I never got Cursed Tiki Temple or Lost Imaginite Mines so I went to see where I could purchase them from and unfortunately it looks like I may have missed my chance to get them. I did make it to a few of the Toy's R Us sales and wasn't able to find it, but I haven't been to fIve below in a while, so I will probably check there for any characters, but I was just hoping someone here may have some more ideas for me to look into. I appreciate any help you guys have!
There's a golden opportunity with discontinued lines like this, and that is when the stores are anxious to get rid of them, but they haven't completely sold out yet. Now that they are sold out most everywhere, the best places to go are on ebay and garage sales.

There's a golden opportunity with discontinued lines like this, and that is when the stores are anxious to get rid of them, but they haven't completely sold out yet. Now that they are sold out most everywhere, the best places to go are on ebay and garage sales.
The problem is Lost Imaginite Mines turned out to only come out from TRU (very late and became exclusive because no one else was interested in carrying it). So retail is now unavailable for that pack.

Thanks for the replies. That was what I was afraid of. I thought I had everything and hadn’t paid much attention once everything seemed to die off. And from past games I thought I would be able to pick them up for years and for next to nothing. I always regret buying things so early when I don’t play it right away, this would be the one thing that would be hard to find :p

Thanks for the replies. That was what I was afraid of. I thought I had everything and hadn’t paid much attention once everything seemed to die off. And from past games I thought I would be able to pick them up for years and for next to nothing. I always regret buying things so early when I don’t play it right away, this would be the one thing that would be hard to find :p
Some of rare ones are still expensive like the Light and Dark expansions and traps for Trap Team.

And just checked the Lost Imaginite Mines on eBay and it's at much higher price than when TRU first released it and I bought a couple to resell. While I thought it's going to be limited, but TRU kept restocked it for a while and was included in 50% sale a few times.

Your best avenue to stock up on missing figures ended when TRU closed for good, and realistically getting anything other than Superchargers ended much earlier in the clearance.  Near the end all they had was a bunch of vehicles from Superchargers.

Right now your best option is at Five Below and Gamestop.  Five Below has had them from time to time and Gamestop had several leftover last time I was there.

Of course there is always EBay.

Man I got a bunch my kids don’t play with didn’t know there was a niche for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only a few rare ones. Most others don't even worth in the dollar bin.

I bought some spare Superchargers vehicles from TRU at $0.59 for my kid, cheaper and look better than buying hot wheels.

bread's done
Back