Official Sony PS1 PSP Emulator question

gorgonzola238

CAGiversary!
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

I haven't seen anywhere if and when Sony is going to announce the PS1 emulator. Has Sony mentioned when they were going to release this emulator?

The main reason I ask was I was considering going on ebay and snagging a copy of FFVII. However before I spend $50 or however much I get it for, I wanted to know if the emulator was going to be released in the near future. I wouldn't mind playing it on my PS2 but I think it would add some extra life to my PSP if I played on there.

I think that the emulator is comign free with the 3.0 update and the games will be 5$ each. Unless you has a 2,4 or 8 gig mem card dont bother upgrading, just downgrade and break the law lol.

I think well be seeing this come out at the release of the PS3. Hopefully they start releasing info on this thing cuz I would love FF VII on the go too.

I saw a screen shot of the emulator running with a few titles listed. The screen shot could have been faked but fwiw some of the games on the list were Ridge Racer, Final Fantasy 7, Gran Turismo 2 among others.

You mean these:

14470_P4050034_2.jpg

14470_P4050035.jpg

14470_P4050043.jpg

My take: Fake.

15 bucks for Gran Turismo 2 is ridiculous. I wonder what they want to charge for FFVII? And where are the rest of the PS1 Final Fantasies? I'd give my left nut for FF Tactics or FF8.

Those pics are fake.

The real emulator stuff is supposed to be coming out around the PS3's launch, as it ties in with the Sony Store that the PS3 will have. Supposedly, you'll be able to buy the games on the PS3 and transfer it to your PSP via USB cable or whatever. The Sony PS3 party that's coming up should answer some of these questions.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Those pics are fake.

The real emulator stuff is supposed to be coming out around the PS3's launch, as it ties in with the Sony Store that the PS3 will have. Supposedly, you'll be able to buy the games on the PS3 and transfer it to your PSP via USB cable or whatever. The Sony PS3 party that's coming up should answer some of these questions.[/QUOTE]

I really do hope the emulator comes out during PS3 launch then. I do still want to try FFVII on PSP.

bread's done
Back