Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

hmm, let's see here, Anne Hathaway in head to toe pleather with thigh high boots and stripper heels? Is it possible to do a one handed slow clap?

[quote name='Clak']Pfeiffer was way hotter.[/QUOTE]

but she wasn't the real catwoman, she was an obsessed psycho that went off the deep end and decided to rob a few places whereas catwoman is written to be more of a gray area between thief and heroine, but never outright villian.

[quote name='nasum']hmm, let's see here, Anne Hathaway in head to toe pleather with thigh high boots and stripper heels? Is it possible to do a one handed slow clap?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The mask and ears don't look so great but damn - she looks great in that full body leather .... wait for it.... cat suit.

[quote name='nasum']but she wasn't the real catwoman, she was an obsessed psycho that went off the deep end and decided to rob a few places whereas catwoman is written to be more of a gray area between thief and heroine, but never outright villian.[/QUOTE]
It was michelle pfeiffer in a skin tight leather cat suit, you think I cared about her back story?

I'm in the office so I can't check Mr. Skin, but hasn't there been better options for Michelle Pfeifer?

I was debating to go see the movie if only to see the trailer.

But then I figured...it'll be on the internet no later than 10 minutes after Mission Impossible is over. I'll wait over seeing that movie...

I thought MI3 was pretty decent. Certainly the best MI they've done since the reboot. Plus if Michelle Monaghan shows up in this new one, BONUS! :drool:
That said, I probably would have waited to see this movie as a rental but if I can see 6 minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, I'm down.

**** BIG SPOILER ****

The ENDING for Dark Knight Rises

SPOILERS BELOW...

article-0-0EAF360900000578-404_634x630.jpg

According to CBM, this video is basically the final battle between Batman and Bane:

Plus for those who want to know what the synopsis is all about:

SPOILER WARNING

"Gotham has been under Bane's control for months and the police force has been locked away underground for months and in this scene they're recently broken out and rearmed and intend to take back City hall from Bane."

Final battle between Batman vs Bane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUuwHpoXWLg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited by a moderator:
More details regarding ENDING for Dark Knight Rises:

(continued from original story here)

**** SPOILER ****
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49667
At the start of the film, the Batman Squad are still on a mission to capture Batman, but when Bane and his mercenaries attack and take over the city, the police force becomes almost none existent.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character, Blake, is one of the more pro-active police officers who wants to fight Bane's mercenaries, but no police officer will stand up to them after Bane put Gordon in the hospital.

Batman's return, and also Matthew Modine's character, inspire the rest of the force to take back their city from Bane.

This eventually starts with smaller attacks on Bane's forces before an all out battle at the film's climax takes place.

Batman, with the help of Catwoman, are trying to stop Bane and a revealed Talia al Ghul from destroying the city and finishing her father's work of destroying Gotham.

[quote name='dohdough']There are things called spoiler tags. You might want to use them.[/QUOTE]Added them to the posts that needed them.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Bane? And is he not going to be very big in this? Looks normal size.

[quote name='Clak']Am I the only one who doesn't like Bane? And is he not going to be very big in this? Looks normal size.[/QUOTE]
The thing that the last live action movie to feature Bane got wrong is that he's so damn danger not because he's this big lumbering beast but rather he's so damn smart that he outwits Batman at every turn. The guy's a genius, the muscles and strength augment that but they aren't his greatest asset. Given the way Nolan's movies have gone, I expect that this fits in with his style of making Batman movies more than making Bane a Hulksmash-like villain.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah, but it wasn't Bane's intelligence that broke Batman's back.[/QUOTE]

But it was his intelligence that outwitted Batman and got him in the position to do it after being the only villain to figure out Batman's secret identity.

[quote name='Clak']Am I the only one who doesn't like Bane? And is he not going to be very big in this? Looks normal size.[/QUOTE]
Anyone see the prologue aka 6 minutes of Bane hijacking a plane?

What the hell is wrong with Bane's voice?

He sounds like he's a German Darth Vader with sore throat.

Can't wait to hear Batman and Bane have a verbal exchange... ear plugs please. ;)

iTGsv70tSQO83.gif

I saw the prologue last night.
I liked it. Great action sequence. It def. had me interested in what was going to happen next.
IMHO, Bane is supposed to be hard to understand. He's got an apparatus on his face that keeps him alive apparently.
Then again, I never had the problem other people had with Batman's voice.
*shrug*

[quote name='RedvsBlue']But it was his intelligence that outwitted Batman and got him in the position to do it after being the only villain to figure out Batman's secret identity.[/QUOTE]
Except he isn't the only villain who knows his identity. And without his strength he wouldn't even be the same villain. He'd just be another smart ass who thinks he can outwit batman.

Apparently not all IMAX theaters will have the prologue. Only IMAX with 70mm( I think) which are only 75. My local one is listed but I'm waited for it to leaked online

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone see the prologue aka 6 minutes of Bane hijacking a small plane?

What the hell is wrong with Bane's voice?

He sounds like he's a German Darth Vader with sore throat.

Can't wait to hear Batman and Bane have a verbal exchange... ear plugs please. ;)

iTGsv70tSQO83.gif
[/QUOTE]

For those that haven't seen it...
Qlty not good but oh well...

http://www.twitvid.com/AMDF4

So, I am reading all over the internet that a new trailer leaked onto the internet yesterday, but of course, I missed it, and it's been removed everywhere. It is supposedly attached to the new Sherlock Holmes movie. True? I was gonna see SH anyway, but if that's the case, I might take a trip down to the theater later.

It's the prologue, much like the one they released for TDK with Joker robbing the bank. It's the first seven minutes of the film. It's pretty cool, but nothing that's like "OMG GOTTA SEE" or anything like that. You get a small taste of what Bane is up to and that's pretty much it.

I've seen the prologue. I heard that's attached to Mission Impossible. I am reading, though, that there is a trailer out, too.

EDIT: Just saw video of the trailer, but it was beyond grainy, and I couldn't hear anything that anyone said.

Yeah, me neither. Saw a post about it on FB and got excited, though. Wish I could find some decent video of it. Seems like a good trailer, but it's hard to tell what is going on.

Supposedly itll be public sometime this weekend. See Anne Hathaway at a ball dancing with Bale I think, and Bane saying that Batman has his permission to die when Gotham is ashes. Just wish the quality was better

The rumor is Monday for the release of the trailer. More than likely in the Apple Store, no doubt.
I saw the prologue in the local "real" IMAX theater on Tuesday. It was good stuff and went by way too quick. There are some quick shots at the end of the prologue that were not in the trailer.
For those still wanting to see the copy of a copy of the trailer, go to http://batchrisgore-aoph.posterous.com/wham-in-case-you-missed-it-or-it-disappears

[quote name='shrike4242']You can only see it on IMAX showings of MI: Ghost Protocol.[/QUOTE]

I think that's for the prologue.

Just got back from SH, and there was no Batman trailer attached. This was not the first time, though, that I went to the local, crap theater and was disappointed by a trailer not showing up that I heard was attached to the movie. SH was quite good, though.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think that's for the prologue.

Just got back from SH, and there was no Batman trailer attached. This was not the first time, though, that I went to the local, crap theater and was disappointed by a trailer not showing up that I heard was attached to the movie. SH was quite good, though.[/QUOTE]

Thats odd, it was definitely shown at my theaters showing of sherlock holmes, i was all giddy.

Yeah, no surprise. Like I said, not the first time, unfortunately. I saw the trailers for Rock of Ages, Jack the Giant Killer (wow, does that look like shit), and the Avengers.

[quote name='lokizz']how is sh? i liked the first one alot so im curious if its better or the same level.[/QUOTE]

The wife and I both enjoyed it, if you liked the first, you should definitely like this one.

[quote name='tgk2044']The wife and I both enjoyed it, if you liked the first, you should definitely like this one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Loved the first one. Really enjoyed this one. Still like the first one better, but how many sequels actually stand up to the originals anyway?

The trailer is showing at both Mission Impossible Imax and Sherlock Holmes. I saw it twice yesterday when I went to those movies.

The first seven minutes of the actual movie itself was shown on Tuesday at select Imax theaters around the country. It was awesome, but Tom Hardy is really hard to understand. I hope they fix that.

The movie looks like it's going to be Austin. Summer 2012 can't get here soon enough.

Here it is, kind of a bit of shaky cam, but completely watchable:

Nevermind, WB is whiny whiny bitchy bitchy.

Aw, man, Wanker Brothers is crazy about cracking down on Youtube uploads. What's the big deal? It's like free publicity for a movie that is a guaranteed blockbuster...except for Anne Hathaway in her shitty Catwoman costume. Lame. That's the only thing I could describe as a "flaw" in this movie so far.

bread's done
Back