Official "The Dark Knight Rises" Thread - Now Out on Blu-Ray/DVD

It was pretty fantastic.

Also, I don't know if maybe I just forgot something from TDK (been awhile since I've seen it and minor spoiler...
what was with him limping and having leg issues

[quote name='whoknows']It was pretty fantastic.

Also, I don't know if maybe I just forgot something from TDK (been awhile since I've seen it and minor spoiler...
what was with him limping and having leg issues
[/QUOTE]

probably the result of his last battle in TDK

[quote name='gareman']So amazing. So awesome. Non-stop after about 20 minutes in. Watched all three tonite in IMAX. Such an amazing end to the trilogy as a whole.[/QUOTE]

You lucky bastard!

Saw it in IMax. Wow. Nolan feels like the only director who has a grasp on how an IMax camera works in giving scenes more depth and scope then any 3D movie. Loved it though. It definitely gave the franchise a perfect conclusion though and little complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, jealous of everyone who saw it in IMax. Still, a goddamn phenomenal film. Left the theater very, very satisfied. Anne Hathaway was fantastic :)

Dumb question...
I'm assuming Bruce Wayne survived? Wasn't sure how to take the final scene with Alfred, Bruce and Selina in the restaurant...

[quote name='drktrpr1']Damn, jealous of everyone who saw it in IMax. Still, a goddamn phenomenal film. Left the theater very, very satisfied. Anne Hathaway was fantastic :)

Dumb question...
I'm assuming Bruce Wayne survived? Wasn't sure how to take the final scene with Alfred, Bruce and Selina in the restaurant...
[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't see HOW he could have survived as it appeared he went all the way out. It looked like Lucius may have fixed the autopilot problem, but not sure if Bruce was aware of it. So who knows if he ditched out at some point. Could very well have been Alfred trying to cope with the loss as well by bringing it back around to when Bruce disappeared for 7 years in Batman Begins. Appears to be one of those ambiguous endings that allow the viewer to make up their own ending.

Frankly, I think it's going to be the new "Is Harvey Dent really dead" debate that came from TDK.

^^^
Lucius did not fix it since he did not have time when he showed Bruce the Bat. Remember when he was asking the 2 guys with the white coats if anything could be done or that could be improved that the autopilot would work and then the 2 guys said that it was fixed by Bruce.

I assumed he survived, but know that you mentioned it. It could be a way for Alfred to cope.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']^^^
Lucius did not fix it since he did not have time when he showed Bruce the Bat. Remember when he was asking the 2 guys with the white coats if anything could be done or that could be improved that the autopilot would work and then the 2 guys said that it was fixed by Bruce.

I assumed he survived, but know that you mentioned it. It could be a way for Alfred to cope.
[/QUOTE]

I wasn't quite sure what he pulled out of the Bat when him and Bruce were on the building near the end of the movie. Was that the device used for deactivating the trigger for the bomb or was it something else entirely?

Man, there's gonna be a lot of spoiler talk here...

[quote name='4thHorseman']
I wasn't quite sure what he pulled out of the Bat when him and Bruce were on the building near the end of the movie. Was that the device used for deactivating the trigger for the bomb or was it something else entirely?

Man, there's gonna be a lot of spoiler talk here...[/QUOTE]

That was some sort of emp thing that could block the signal of the trigger

indeed indeed, on the spoiler talk

I think I'm going to need to see it again and keep an eye out for more talk about the
autopilot.
Maybe that might make the ending a little clearer.

Wikipedia seems to think that
Bruce made it, saying "As his estate is divided, Martha Wayne's pearls are noted as missing; presumably explained when Alfred witnesses Bruce and Selina together in a café in France – fulfilling a wish made earlier in the film that Bruce would one day be able to move on."

[quote name='drktrpr1']I think I'm going to need to see it again and keep an eye out for more talk about the
autopilot.
Maybe that might make the ending a little clearer.

Wikipedia seems to think that
Bruce made it, saying "As his estate is divided, Martha Wayne's pearls are noted as missing; presumably explained when Alfred witnesses Bruce and Selina together in a café in France – fulfilling a wish made earlier in the film that Bruce would one day be able to move on."
[/QUOTE]

Well,
it was still a nice INCEPTION moment. I think he's alive, personally. Him and Selina together, pearls there, autopilot fixed months in advance, etc. Too many things adding up to the obvious, you know?

[quote name='KingBroly']Well,
it was still a nice INCEPTION moment. I think he's alive, personally. Him and Selina together, pearls there, autopilot fixed months in advance, etc. Too many things adding up to the obvious, you know?
[/QUOTE]

I think there really can't be any doubt that he's alive. As you said, they threw out WAY too many hints. If there was JUST merely the scene of Alfred of seeing him and Selina, then yeah, it would be one of those things we could all debate back and forth forever. But all of that added up, especially Bruce having fixed the auto-pilot issue, points him to having survived.

Great, great movie. Really enjoyed it. I would have loved if they had made
Blake's real name be Grayson
, but that's just a minor point.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']
I think there really can't be any doubt that he's alive. As you said, they threw out WAY too many hints. If there was JUST merely the scene of Alfred of seeing him and Selina, then yeah, it would be one of those things we could all debate back and forth forever. But all of that added up, especially Bruce having fixed the auto-pilot issue, points him to having survived.

Great, great movie. Really enjoyed it. I would have loved if they had made
Blake's real name be Grayson
, but that's just a minor point.[/QUOTE]

I can't really disagree, since that's how I look at it.
I think the question will remain to a few in and out of universe if he's dead or not. Lucius Fox for one. I find it interesting that considering Nolan had the darkest and most realistic look at Batman, that Nolan was the only one to give him a happy ending. It's really a fresh take on it, to be sure.

In some comic story line...doesn't bruce and selina have a child together?
Honestly, I don't think it should have been "robin" as the new Batman..... The city knows that batman gave his life to save the city. For someone to put on the cape and cowl and be the new batman keeps things open when the batman story needs to come to a close. Who put the new symbol on the spot light? *might be seeing this again tonight if it's not sold out.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Honestly, I don't think it should have been "robin" as the new Batman..... The city knows that batman gave his life to save the city. For someone to put on the cape and cowl and be the new batman keeps things open when the batman story needs to come to a close. Who put the new symbol on the spot light? *might be seeing this again tonight if it's not sold out.
[/QUOTE]
Only in the Brave and the Bold cartoon does Selina and Bruce have a child, but in the comics Bruce and Talia have a child named Damian who is the current Robin.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
[/QUOTE]

On the original, pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths Earth-Two (home of DC's Golden Age heroes), Bruce and Selina had a daughter, Helena Wayne, who became that universe's Huntress.

In the cartoon series Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Alfred writes an imaginary tale where Bruce and Selina get married and have a son, Damian. Bruce hands the mantle over to Dick, but trains Damian to eventually follow in his footsteps, though he is somewhat reluctant and becomes even more so when Bruce and Selina are killed by Joker Jr. In a final showdown between Batman and the Jokers, Damian finally accepts his destiny and takes up the mantle of Robin. Eventually, Dick retires, Damian becomes Batman, and his own child becomes the new Robin.

Does anyone remember what, if anything, was said during the final montage when they reveal the statue of Batman? Can't believe I am already spacing out on this lol. The reason I ask is because I wonder if the public KNOWS Batman is dead. When Blake and Gordon are talking, the Commissioner says that Gotham knows who saved them...Batman...which to me implied that Batman is more than just a man, more than just Bruce Wayne, and that he can live on.

Well that was an emotional of a ride movie...from start to end.
The movie was fantastic.
-The Bane intro scene on the plane actually sent chills down my spine.
-That first fight scene with Bane was brutal....I think if Nolan wanted to it could have been more graphic.
-Bane was a tactical genius. Without a doubt he would have snapped Joker's neck within the first 5 mins of meeting each other.
-I may have not been paying too much attention, but can anyone explain the whole wall street upload thingy?
-Bane's voice was tolerable...however it would have been nice if he moved his eyebrows more.
-What area of the world did Bruce emerge from when he escaped the Pit?
-Do you really think it would have been better for Raz to be alive instead of coming back as a hulusination?
-Was that kid with Selina, Holly Robinson?
-Why did Bruce really have to fake his own death?
-Did anyone see Kevin Conroy's cameo?

Honestly I think it would have been a very interesting ending if at the end, Gordon is facing away from the camera and turns around when he hears a tap (similar to batman's tap on the spotlight logo in BB) and sees the new batman (Blake) before him.

That "Rise" chant is gonna stick in my head for a long while...I was saying it to myself during work today. I will admit, the ending scene did make me teary.

Oh yeah, one thing that definitely sticks out is during the court room scene
without a doubt if Heath Ledger was still alive, it feels as though the Joker would be playing the judge, not Scarecrow.

[quote name='bardockkun']Oh yeah, one thing that definitely sticks out is during the court room scene
without a doubt if Heath Ledger was still alive, it feels as though the Joker would be playing the judge, not Scarecrow.
[/QUOTE]

my exact thoughts. Th animated series popped in my head where Joker is the judge. No doubt thats where he would have been

[quote name='ITDEFX']
-I may have not been paying too much attention, but can anyone explain the whole wall street upload thingy?

That "Rise" chant is gonna stick in my head for a long while...I was saying it to myself during work today. I will admit, the ending scene did make me teary.[/QUOTE]
The upload had to do with getting Wayne's fingerprints to authorize the purchase of a shitty stock to sink him and the company so that the other guy could take over.

Oh and for those making comparisons to another movie
Of course everyone is alive. That's the point of the auto-pilot talk and the foreshadowing in the beginning of the movie. Trying to say that it's an Inception moment is just reading too much into it.

[quote name='gareman']
Im glad Nolan made sure to have Wayne and Talia have sex as to leave that door open for Damien
[/QUOTE]

batman kills her in the end so i don't see how Damien will be born

[quote name='rpg']
[/QUOTE]

No indication what so ever that she dies. She just closes her eyes. Why else would they waste 5 minutes of the movie with a throw away love scene with the two? In a movie that already was jammed packed with story. The eyes usually remain open when a character dies.

[quote name='rpg']
[/QUOTE]

No indication what so ever that she dies. Her eyes merely close. Why else would they shoe horn 5-10 minutes of a love scene into a movie that is jam packed with action and story, and then never speak of it again? Or even give it any more depth?

[quote name='rpg']
[/QUOTE]

Her death scene was sort of funny with the way she suddenly closed her eyes and tilted her head. I think she needed more practice on how to die

Between the time that Bane captured the bomb and Talia "died" was five months (explained in the movie as how long the bomb would take to go off). Talia should have been showing by that point.

Im not saying I know for sure one way or the other (hell I doubt anyone "knows") if she died or if she was impregnated by Wayne, but there is enough breathing room and believability to leave the door open for a Damien story arc. OR some kind of Wayne "DNA" type story. I just want Batman and Robin Morrison inspired movie. Which would work with Robin being Batman and Damien being a some incarnation of Talia and Bruce's offspring. Throw in the school for trouble youth at the end. You could have a pretty killer movie.

The bomb had a timer of about 20ish days right? I'm pretty sure there were many opportunities for Fox or Bruce to fix the auto pilot.

One thing I missed was what was given to Fox when they were talking about the Will, I was just shocked and excited that Blake was Robin I missed it. Overall, I thought it was better than TDK. Bane and Anne's performance were very impressive, everyone doubted Hathaway at first but she pulled it off perfect IMO. I'd rather see her version instead of a half naked Halle Berry.

I wonder if they would do a spin off of a Robin/Nightwing type of movie with a different director and JGL as Dick.

I don't even get why people would even go to this thread if they still haven't watched it. What do they expect, of course there's gonna be spoilers. Unless they plan on just reading the "ZOMG IT WAS GOOD or ZOMG IT SUCKZORZ" Obviously there's gonna be tons of spoilers.

I truly wonder if Warner Bros is going to attempt to continue the Batman saga using the Nolan version as a template for future movies? Remember even Bay said TF3 would be the last one...but is coming back for a 4th. Would Nolan do it if Warner offers him a shit ton of money or is this really it?

The music was really good...a lot of memorable tracks....but of course A LOT is missing from the CD release. I honestly think it's time record companies boost DVD-Audio releases... as a soundtrack collector..so much is missing from each movie soundtrack cd because of the limits of a CD. We have to wait years or never for a full score release.

Honestly......Does Gotham City still need a Dark Knight? The ending made it look like things were on getting back to normal.. Other than Raz returning...who could a more dangerous threat than Bane?

Was there a meaning to the batman statue pose?

[quote name='gareman']
No indication what so ever that she dies. Her eyes merely close. Why else would they shoe horn 5-10 minutes of a love scene into a movie that is jam packed with action and story, and then never speak of it again? Or even give it any more depth?
[/QUOTE]

i dont recall 100% but didnt she said that if she died the place will flood thus no stopping the bomb

[quote name='rpg']
i dont recall 100% but didnt she said that if she died the place will flood thus no stopping the bomb
[/QUOTE]

wait I am confused......
The device needs water to deactivate? or did things change once it was converted into a nuke? I don't understand fusion devices enough...but if water is needed to stop it, why didn't he just dump it into the water or was it passed that point where a detonation could not be stopped no matter what?

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait I am confused......
The device needs water to deactivate? or did things change once it was converted into a nuke? I don't understand fusion devices enough...but if water is needed to stop it, why didn't he just dump it into the water or was it passed that point where a detonation could not be stopped no matter what?
[/QUOTE]

ok im confused so then who floods the place was it Talia or Lucius Fox?

this could be wrong but didn't they want to take the bomb back to its location so they could install it and stop it?

Three things:

About the timer:
It was five months. Remember, Bruce was in the prison recovering from a "broken" back. Considering the lack of proper care, I'd say five months requires some suspension of disbelief as it was... No way it could have been twenty days.

About the auto-pilot...
Fox commented to Bruce when he was showing off "The Bat" that he had a problem with the auto pilot and joked with Bruce that, perhaps, he could fix it if he had the time. This is how it ties in later with Bruce's "signature" being in the fix... Bruce fixed it off screen.

About the flooding...
Talia. Period. Or, at least, one of her men. It would make zero sense for anyone else to have opened the flood gates at this time. Now, why the heck Fox didn't quickly flood the place when Bane forced him to activate it, who knows...

There is going to be new movies using Nolan's movie as a template. I can't find the article, but what I have read and heard from a friend of mine who is the single biggest fan of the trilogy, they plan on continuing Batman indefinitely. The studio wants Nolan to stay aboard as the main producer and the Batman will become like 007 movies, and change actors and directors every so often.

Saw it last night, absolutely fantastic... Hathaway was the stand-out for me through the entire movie, I thought she nailed the part perfectly. I wasn't a fan of Bane's voice, though it was tolerable. Other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Also, I think it's pretty obvious that Bruce is still alive... I think you guys are just reading too much into non-specifics. He fixed the auto-pilot. Pearls are missing. He's alive.

[quote name='Mixer236']Saw it last night, absolutely fantastic... Hathaway was the stand-out for me through the entire movie, I thought she nailed the part perfectly. I wasn't a fan of Bane's voice, though it was tolerable.[/QUOTE]
wb needs to make catwoman movie asap :bouncy:

[quote name='gareman']There is going to be new movies using Nolan's movie as a template. I can't find the article, but what I have read and heard from a friend of mine who is the single biggest fan of the trilogy, they plan on continuing Batman indefinitely. The studio wants Nolan to stay aboard as the main producer and the Batman will become like 007 movies, and change actors and directors every so often.[/QUOTE]
Look dude, we all liked the movie, but come on...first the
Talia pregnancy thing
and now this? Turn down the fanboyism.

fan boyism? That is the studio and Nolan's actual plan for the Batman movies. People were talking about what was next for the franchise, and I had read an article that answered the question., and also I wasn't aware that having a theory about the future of a movie in a thread about that movie was a fan boyish thing to do.

[quote name='rpg']wb needs to make catwoman movie asap :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
THEY DID
catwoman.jpg

One thing creeps into my mind here.
Who's the mayor now? I mean, the mayor was killed, right? It wasn't touched on at all the rest of the film. It seems like it was one of those things that happened for no good reason.

[quote name='KingBroly']One thing creeps into my mind here.
Who's the mayor now? I mean, the mayor was killed, right? It wasn't touched on at all the rest of the film. It seems like it was one of those things that happened for no good reason.
[/QUOTE]

Damn I need to pay more attention.

the mayor was killed?

Honestly I think Raz should have returned in the end not just as cameo but as the true master mind behind all of this. Having Talia is one thing, but to have her own father come back to confront all 3 of them (bane, talia and batman). I would have peed my paints if Raz was using everyone all this time.

[quote name='ITDEFX']THEY DID
catwoman.jpg
[/QUOTE]
im talking about making a new catwoman film with Anne Hathaway not the Halle Berry one

[quote name='ITDEFX']Damn I need to pay more attention.

the mayor was killed?

Honestly I think Raz should have returned in the end not just as cameo but as the true master mind behind all of this. Having Talia is one thing, but to have her own father come back to confront all 3 of them (bane, talia and batman). I would have peed my paints if Raz was using everyone all this time.
[/QUOTE]

His box was blown up at the football game.

I didn't even think about that at the time(having no mayor), but I don't suppose it was to huge a thing to overlook.

[quote name='Mixer236']
His box was blown up at the football game.

I didn't even think about that at the time(having no mayor), but I don't suppose it was to huge a thing to overlook.
[/QUOTE]

oh yeah that....

also I guess they didn't want to spend too much money digitally removing the sacks (sp?) 5th ave sign!... I noticed the camera tilting up then down to make sure the entire sign was noticed...guess it was paid advertising.

[quote name='rpg']im talking about making a new catwoman film with Anne Hathaway not the Halle Berry one[/QUOTE]

I know I was messing with you. Honestly it doesn't need to be made as...
we see Bruce and Selina together in the end. Come to think about it....would that be a real surprise if Selina got up from her chair and showed she was pregnant............man ...Nolan could have really thrown some heavy hitter surprises in those final scenes.

I liked it, but didn't love it.

I thought it was interesting that the film borrowed so many elements of past superhero and sci-fi films i.e.

8 or so years since Batman was seen (Superman Returns), the Fusion Reactor destroying the city (Spider-Man 2), Batman taking the bomb and flying it through the ocean to save the city and sacrifing himself (The Avengers - Iron Man scene). I also predicted the "Bourne Ultimatum" ending of this movie months ago.

Also, it felt like this was the story of "John Blake Rises". Batman himself felt like a side character since Bruce/Batman didn't have a lot of scenes compared to John Blake and his story. You could've taken out Batman and it would still be a good film nonetheless.

I didn't care for how...
Bane was just killed like that, with a Catwoman blast from the Batpod, and that was it, just... dead. So anticlimactic, to die just like that after everything Bane's done.

Overall I liked it and thought it was a good film, but imho not as good as The Dark Knight.

Definitely not a kid's film either, the 2 families on my row, there kids all fell asleep.

bread's done
Back